Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Dragons for a little imagination v3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
bump
bump
@Fraybird could I reserve your female ridgeback (pictured below)? I have to think about what to write but I've been eyeing her ever since this morning. Also is it okay if the writing involves one of my other dragons? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41654918] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416550/41654918_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Fraybird could I reserve your female ridgeback (pictured below)? I have to think about what to write but I've been eyeing her ever since this morning. Also is it okay if the writing involves one of my other dragons?

41654918_350.png

qTNOOYr.gifhOKF9XS.pngIhwCFGI.giffkpFObc.pngo6RASqM.png

3GyKulQ.gif
@Illyrael yes and yes- you may reserve her, and your writing may involve another dragon (:
@Illyrael yes and yes- you may reserve her, and your writing may involve another dragon (:
@Fraybird for this girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41654918] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416550/41654918_350.png[/img] [/url] This kind of ties in to the lore for my dragon Cynfaen: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39329484] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/393295/39329484_350.png[/img] [/url] Dusk. With a happy sigh, Cynfaen picks up her satchels and steps out into the gathering dark. Time to begin the night's work. She nods to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37294547][color=blue]Tethys[/url], still largely invisible under her cloak but distinguishable from the surrounding scenery by the corgi pup frolicking at her feet and the pair of bleary eyes. The normally cheerful Tundra is feeling down lately, exhausted from all the random colour changes effected by the venom from her errant buttersnake. Cynfaen doesn't even know what colours Tethys is now, but her keen eyes spot the strain around Tethys' eyes, despite her best efforts to remain her positive self. Cynfaen wants to help their poor clan leader. With renewed determination, she sets out to find more herbs so that more medicine can be made. As Cynfaen enters the nearby forest, the fireflies that are her constant companions gather around her, casting the surroundings in a soft, warm glow. Their light helps her spot the herbs, nestled deep between the roots of the trees. With a smile, she gets to work, stooping and gathering, stooping and gathering. Hours pass and the night grows deeper, but Cynfaen is too engrossed in her work to notice. Until she notices something else. The fireflies, normally flying slow, graceful circles around her, are flying erratically, as if in alarm. With a start, she realizes she's not alone. Immediately, Cynfaen's old training comes flooding back. Her senses sharpen, and her claws are ready for whatever may be lurking in the darkness. She casually puts down her satchels, maintaining an air of nonchalance as she pretends to continue gathering, casually getting closer and closer to the hiding spot of her would-be attacker. There. She's close enough. Cynfaen lunges, lightning-fast, clawed hand grasping and pulling out... A dragon? A brilliantly blue one. A little one. A young female ridgeback, barely out of her hatchling phase, and not yet grown into her limbs. Barely a third Cynfaen's size, yet struggling and growling fiercely, valiantly trying to conceal her fear in the face of the unknown. Her crystalline hide glittering in the light of the fireflies that have returned, swirling around her. Cynfaen, surprised, lets go. They stare at each other in bemusement. “What is your name, little one?” A sullen glance, a ducked head. A shrug. “Where do you come from, then?” Another shrug, this time less sullen, more confused. “Are you lost?” A lowered head, a smaller shrug. “Well, whatever your story, perhaps you'll tell me in time.” Stooping to pick up her satchels again, Cynfaen resumes her work, knowing sometimes the best approach is to give someone time. She's pleased to see, out of the corner of her eye, the little ridgeback hasn't fled, but is instead cautiously watching her. The little dragon is brave, and fierce, and clearly was drawn here by the same force that drew Cynfaen. Cynfaen feels an uncharacteristic urge to talk. So she does, filling the silence with her own story of how she came to be in the Lightweaver's lands, of her old healer friend whose renown at healing earned her a place at their deity's side, of the clan leader and her present colourful woes (eliciting a small giggle from the little one). The ridgeback listens in rapt attention, following close to Cynfaen, crouching when she crouches, helping to gently gather herbs when Cynfaen does. A companionable silence settles between them. Suddenly Cynfaen stoops, picks something up, and holds it out to the ridgeback. A stone, sparkling in the firefly light. [item=apatite] “Look,” she says. “They call them Apatite here. I didn't know, and I've been collecting them all my life. I've always called them Starfalls. Don't you think it looks like a star, fallen from the sky?” The little ridgeback reaches out, and carefully cradles the stone in her claws, turning it this way and that so that it glitters in the light. After a moment of intense scrutiny, she makes to hand it back to Cynfaen, reluctance in her eyes. “Keep it,” Cynfaen replies. “I have enough to make a night sky of my own. Perhaps I'll show you, as we ought to be getting back to the lair now. Soon it will be dawn.” She turns to go back home, the ridgeback now reluctantly following behind. As they clear the forest, the corgi at Tethys' feet jumps to attention, joyfully running to greet the pair. “Well," Tethys' amused voice breaks the stillness. “Looks like you've gathered more than herbs tonight, Cynfaen. Who's this now?” The little ridgeback stares at Tethys, wide-eyed, then down at the stone still cradled in her claws. And straightens up proudly. “My name is Starfall. May I stay with you?”
@Fraybird for this girl

41654918_350.png

This kind of ties in to the lore for my dragon Cynfaen:

39329484_350.png

Dusk.

With a happy sigh, Cynfaen picks up her satchels and steps out into the gathering dark. Time to begin the night's work.

She nods to Tethys, still largely invisible under her cloak but distinguishable from the surrounding scenery by the corgi pup frolicking at her feet and the pair of bleary eyes.

The normally cheerful Tundra is feeling down lately, exhausted from all the random colour changes effected by the venom from her errant buttersnake. Cynfaen doesn't even know what colours Tethys is now, but her keen eyes spot the strain around Tethys' eyes, despite her best efforts to remain her positive self.

Cynfaen wants to help their poor clan leader. With renewed determination, she sets out to find more herbs so that more medicine can be made.

As Cynfaen enters the nearby forest, the fireflies that are her constant companions gather around her, casting the surroundings in a soft, warm glow. Their light helps her spot the herbs, nestled deep between the roots of the trees. With a smile, she gets to work, stooping and gathering, stooping and gathering.

Hours pass and the night grows deeper, but Cynfaen is too engrossed in her work to notice. Until she notices something else. The fireflies, normally flying slow, graceful circles around her, are flying erratically, as if in alarm. With a start, she realizes she's not alone.

Immediately, Cynfaen's old training comes flooding back. Her senses sharpen, and her claws are ready for whatever may be lurking in the darkness. She casually puts down her satchels, maintaining an air of nonchalance as she pretends to continue gathering, casually getting closer and closer to the hiding spot of her would-be attacker.

There. She's close enough. Cynfaen lunges, lightning-fast, clawed hand grasping and pulling out...

A dragon? A brilliantly blue one. A little one.

A young female ridgeback, barely out of her hatchling phase, and not yet grown into her limbs. Barely a third Cynfaen's size, yet struggling and growling fiercely, valiantly trying to conceal her fear in the face of the unknown. Her crystalline hide glittering in the light of the fireflies that have returned, swirling around her.

Cynfaen, surprised, lets go. They stare at each other in bemusement.

“What is your name, little one?”

A sullen glance, a ducked head. A shrug.

“Where do you come from, then?”

Another shrug, this time less sullen, more confused.

“Are you lost?”

A lowered head, a smaller shrug.

“Well, whatever your story, perhaps you'll tell me in time.” Stooping to pick up her satchels again, Cynfaen resumes her work, knowing sometimes the best approach is to give someone time. She's pleased to see, out of the corner of her eye, the little ridgeback hasn't fled, but is instead cautiously watching her. The little dragon is brave, and fierce, and clearly was drawn here by the same force that drew Cynfaen.

Cynfaen feels an uncharacteristic urge to talk. So she does, filling the silence with her own story of how she came to be in the Lightweaver's lands, of her old healer friend whose renown at healing earned her a place at their deity's side, of the clan leader and her present colourful woes (eliciting a small giggle from the little one). The ridgeback listens in rapt attention, following close to Cynfaen, crouching when she crouches, helping to gently gather herbs when Cynfaen does. A companionable silence settles between them.

Suddenly Cynfaen stoops, picks something up, and holds it out to the ridgeback. A stone, sparkling in the firefly light.

Apatite

“Look,” she says. “They call them Apatite here. I didn't know, and I've been collecting them all my life. I've always called them Starfalls. Don't you think it looks like a star, fallen from the sky?”

The little ridgeback reaches out, and carefully cradles the stone in her claws, turning it this way and that so that it glitters in the light. After a moment of intense scrutiny, she makes to hand it back to Cynfaen, reluctance in her eyes.

“Keep it,” Cynfaen replies. “I have enough to make a night sky of my own. Perhaps I'll show you, as we ought to be getting back to the lair now. Soon it will be dawn.”

She turns to go back home, the ridgeback now reluctantly following behind. As they clear the forest, the corgi at Tethys' feet jumps to attention, joyfully running to greet the pair.

“Well," Tethys' amused voice breaks the stillness. “Looks like you've gathered more than herbs tonight, Cynfaen. Who's this now?”

The little ridgeback stares at Tethys, wide-eyed, then down at the stone still cradled in her claws. And straightens up proudly. “My name is Starfall. May I stay with you?”

3GyKulQ.gif
@Fraybird
Hello, I'd like to be on the pinglist. Thanks!
@Fraybird
Hello, I'd like to be on the pinglist. Thanks!
Noctua_Link_Item.png
Clan Directory
Dragons for Fodder
Dream Dragon
@Illyrael I love your story, holy heck. She’s yours- I’ll send a cr, and whatever you do, I hope you continue to write < 3

@XiangEr yep!
@Illyrael I love your story, holy heck. She’s yours- I’ll send a cr, and whatever you do, I hope you continue to write < 3

@XiangEr yep!
@Fraybird Ohh thank you! I wasn't sure you'd like it so this makes me feel so happy! :D
@Fraybird Ohh thank you! I wasn't sure you'd like it so this makes me feel so happy! :D

3GyKulQ.gif
@Fraybird

Hello! I find this really interesting and I would love to participate, but I don't know if there are any available dragons?? The one I'm interested in (on the first page, second post, poison falcon/toxin male gaurdian) is in someone elses lair and I don't know if that means he was claimed already? Sorry I'm a bit confused, it's been a crazy morning!
@Fraybird

Hello! I find this really interesting and I would love to participate, but I don't know if there are any available dragons?? The one I'm interested in (on the first page, second post, poison falcon/toxin male gaurdian) is in someone elses lair and I don't know if that means he was claimed already? Sorry I'm a bit confused, it's been a crazy morning!
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter the falcon/toxin male guardian that i'm looking at is still in Eleya's lair- I'm not sure which dragon you're referring to otherwise, since they're all where they're supposed to be (I think?) but they're all available otherwise.
@Sillywinter the falcon/toxin male guardian that i'm looking at is still in Eleya's lair- I'm not sure which dragon you're referring to otherwise, since they're all where they're supposed to be (I think?) but they're all available otherwise.
@Fraybird Can you add me to the pinglist please?

@Fraybird Can you add me to the pinglist please?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34