Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Dragons for a little imagination v3
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
@Amethystkitten
@Nirah
@sueslayer
@0akblaze
@Illyrael
@XiangEr
@FallingSummer

a bucketload of new dragons!
@Amethystkitten
@Nirah
@sueslayer
@0akblaze
@Illyrael
@XiangEr
@FallingSummer

a bucketload of new dragons!
@Rubax, I'm going to try this (I have not written any lore!) - I would love this guy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41671187] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416712/41671187_350.png[/img] [/url] And I would name him Blue. (Man, this ended up a lot longer than I expected!) *** Blue did not realize what color he was until sometime after his fourth day from hatching. The first two days were spent searching his lair, trying as many different plants and insects as he could get his claws on, and of course, tugging on the tail of his parents, Yato and Iseult. After about the 50th time of tugging on Yato's tail, he sent Blue out of the lair to search the forest of the Snowsquall Tundra. "Do not go far," Yato warned. The curious Skydancer wondered outside of their home, heeding his father's words. He stayed near the warmth of their lair, but ventrued out enough to search along the trees. As a Skydancer, he could feel the energy of the forest, and of the rest of his brethren. Even though it was cold - that tended to happen when you lived in The Southern Icefield - he enjoyed the crisp air as it filled his lungs. A glint caught his eye and his curiosity could not be contained. Glancing back at the lair, Blue gingerly picked his way through the icy forest, claws light against the grass and snow. He did not need to walk far before reaching a curious piece of translucent ice. Blue studied the ice, focusing on the edges and the crystals that formed inside of it. As he studied those crystals, his focus changed. He was startled to see a face looking back at him! The other dragon did not appear to be dangerous, so he did not run. He admired the dragon's colors - they were just like his father Yato's (and some of his mother Iseult's as well). "Hello," Blue said. The other dragon spoke at the exact same time, saying the exact same word. He did not speak any further. Blue tried again. "My name is Blue." Curiously, the dragon again spoke at the same time. Even more curiously, the dragon had the same name as him! He did not understand - he knew all the hatchlings within his lair. He knew there were other lairs, but thought they were likely far enough that a hatchling would not wander that way. Blue reached out with a claw to touch the other dragon. Instead of the warmth of a furry dragon he was expecting, he hit hard, cold ice. Blue shook his head, amazed that the other dragon did the same. He raised a paw - and so did the other dragon! He was midway to reaching out again when -- "Are you dancing for yourself?" Blue turned, startled by the new voice. It was one of the elders in their lair, but he had not been alive long enough to remember his name. Blue did recognize him though. "I am only trying to meet this dragon," he nodded toward the ice. And then he blinked. The other dragon ALSO had an elder at his side - who looked just like his! "That is your reflection," the elder said, a hint of a smile in your voice. "You are that dragon, just as I am the one next to you." Blue blinked, astonished. He was looking at himself! And he had the same pretty colors his parents had! Over the next few days, Blue and other hatchlings from his lair trekked through the forest to that piece of ice. All the baby dragons were amazed to see themselves, and to pick out the individual traits (or colors!) that their parents had. Occasionally, one of the adults in the lair would join them, regaling the babies with their own stories - stories of how their parents looked, stories of genes and colors passed down through the generations. The day Blue grew from a hatchling to a dragon, he rushed to the piece of ice to see how he looked. He knew he would look like his mother or his father, he just was not exactly sure who. His father. He looked almost just like his father. Blue stood tall, and proud, please to have that which both his mother and his father gave him. He spread his wings and swished his tail, excited about this new, adult body. He was eager to see the world, to spread those very wings and explore other realms.
@Rubax, I'm going to try this (I have not written any lore!) - I would love this guy:

41671187_350.png

And I would name him Blue.

(Man, this ended up a lot longer than I expected!)

Blue did not realize what color he was until sometime after his fourth day from hatching. The first two days were spent searching his lair, trying as many different plants and insects as he could get his claws on, and of course, tugging on the tail of his parents, Yato and Iseult. After about the 50th time of tugging on Yato's tail, he sent Blue out of the lair to search the forest of the Snowsquall Tundra. "Do not go far," Yato warned.

The curious Skydancer wondered outside of their home, heeding his father's words. He stayed near the warmth of their lair, but ventrued out enough to search along the trees. As a Skydancer, he could feel the energy of the forest, and of the rest of his brethren. Even though it was cold - that tended to happen when you lived in The Southern Icefield - he enjoyed the crisp air as it filled his lungs.

A glint caught his eye and his curiosity could not be contained. Glancing back at the lair, Blue gingerly picked his way through the icy forest, claws light against the grass and snow. He did not need to walk far before reaching a curious piece of translucent ice. Blue studied the ice, focusing on the edges and the crystals that formed inside of it. As he studied those crystals, his focus changed. He was startled to see a face looking back at him!

The other dragon did not appear to be dangerous, so he did not run. He admired the dragon's colors - they were just like his father Yato's (and some of his mother Iseult's as well). "Hello," Blue said. The other dragon spoke at the exact same time, saying the exact same word. He did not speak any further. Blue tried again. "My name is Blue."

Curiously, the dragon again spoke at the same time. Even more curiously, the dragon had the same name as him! He did not understand - he knew all the hatchlings within his lair. He knew there were other lairs, but thought they were likely far enough that a hatchling would not wander that way. Blue reached out with a claw to touch the other dragon. Instead of the warmth of a furry dragon he was expecting, he hit hard, cold ice.

Blue shook his head, amazed that the other dragon did the same. He raised a paw - and so did the other dragon! He was midway to reaching out again when --

"Are you dancing for yourself?"

Blue turned, startled by the new voice. It was one of the elders in their lair, but he had not been alive long enough to remember his name. Blue did recognize him though. "I am only trying to meet this dragon," he nodded toward the ice. And then he blinked. The other dragon ALSO had an elder at his side - who looked just like his!

"That is your reflection," the elder said, a hint of a smile in your voice. "You are that dragon, just as I am the one next to you."

Blue blinked, astonished. He was looking at himself! And he had the same pretty colors his parents had!

Over the next few days, Blue and other hatchlings from his lair trekked through the forest to that piece of ice. All the baby dragons were amazed to see themselves, and to pick out the individual traits (or colors!) that their parents had. Occasionally, one of the adults in the lair would join them, regaling the babies with their own stories - stories of how their parents looked, stories of genes and colors passed down through the generations.

The day Blue grew from a hatchling to a dragon, he rushed to the piece of ice to see how he looked. He knew he would look like his mother or his father, he just was not exactly sure who.

His father. He looked almost just like his father.

Blue stood tall, and proud, please to have that which both his mother and his father gave him. He spread his wings and swished his tail, excited about this new, adult body. He was eager to see the world, to spread those very wings and explore other realms.
goSc2L4.png
@callmeang
That was great, I'll send Blue over through a CR
@callmeang
That was great, I'll send Blue over through a CR
@Rubax - thank you!! I had fun writing it! And Blue will be very happy in my lair of many blue dragons.
@Rubax - thank you!! I had fun writing it! And Blue will be very happy in my lair of many blue dragons.
goSc2L4.png
@Fraybird

I read through the post again (this time more thoroughly) and I realized now that you have to ping the person who's holding the dragon haha. It's been a crazy week, sorry for any confusion on my part. But I'm going to try for a dragon!
@Fraybird

I read through the post again (this time more thoroughly) and I realized now that you have to ping the person who's holding the dragon haha. It's been a crazy week, sorry for any confusion on my part. But I'm going to try for a dragon!
rPflwkH.png
@Eleya - I'm trying for all three! If that's not allowed and I can only take one, then please (if you like what I've written) choose the dragon with the writing you like the most?? Thank you for giving me an opportunity though! I named the dragons in the stories because I didn't want to use [Name] as a placeholder for 'Unnamed'. [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41792232] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417923/41792232_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=4][font=times new roman]Anahita hatched in warm golden sands besides the ocean. Unless you were close enough, you couldn't tell if her eyes were green, for from far away they appear a rich baby blue like the inner coloring of her ears. This is why she was named Anahita, meaning water goddess, by the traveling [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32841523]merchant[/url] that stumbled upon the abandoned child. When she was found, she was already lulled to sleep by the gentle rolling waves of the ocean. Curled in a tight ball among shards of eggshells, the Imperial resembled a speckled shell. Her brilliant brass wings gleamed in the sunlight, catching the merchant's attention. He had emerged curiously from the tree line, distracted and pulled away from his route. The little hatchling intrigued him, and gently, very gently, he bundled her in silk and set her within one of the baskets he carried. When Anahita awoke, she could see the colors of dusk through the woven slits of the basket. Slightly frightened, but eager nonetheless, she peeped out from beneath a cover of burlap. The hatchling watched trees pass by as her companion walked. Turning, she observed Rodran (who had not yet noticed her wake), admiring his thoughtful look. In that moment, she felt her heart swell, knowing that this stranger was her father. Anahita bubbled happily and her sounds of delight quickly caught the merchant's attention. The larger Imperial smiled, turning so his snout could gently bump hers. "[b]You're awake.[/b]" From the look in his eyes, one could tell he had already fallen for the hatching that was not his own. Reaching out with needy paws, Anahita grabbed his snout, cooing softly. A deep chuckle rumbled within the merchant's chest and Rodran happily pulled her from her basket. He settled down besides the trail, cradling her within his arms. "[b]What shall I name you, hm?[/b]" He trailed off into silence, listening to the trees whisper as a slight breeze kissed his cheek. The moment he registered the dull roar of the ocean, his yellow eyes alit with an eager happiness, and he looked down kindly at the hatchling within his arms. "[b]Anahita. Little Anahita.[/b]" She seemed pleased with her new name and giggled, twisting excitedly in his hold. Slipping her between his shoulders, Rodran resumed his journey down the worn path he walked. Anahita, still tired from her hatching and the excitement of the day, soon slipped into sleep, comforted by the rocking motion of her father's walking. Anahita was easily accepted into Clan Volfein. Lakila did not hesitate in allowing Rodran to raise the hatchling. In fact, the Guardian encouraged him, wanting the little dragonness to grow into a fine merchant like her father. And Anahita did. She fervently followed in her adopted father's footsteps, even when he revealed the truth of her birth after relenting to the guilt that ate at his heart. She thrived in the studies of a merchant, and soon, she was old enough to join him on his travels. Now, Anahita is a proud, maybe even arrogant, merchant who faithfully serves her clan with a gleeful heart.[/quote] [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40647716] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/406478/40647716_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=4][font= times new roman]Pakhet, a Guardian without a charge ruled by the untamed world. She was born wild in the tangled jungles of the Viridian Labyrinth, a fierce dragonness, maybe even beast, who stalks the shadowed undergrowth. She is a mighty hunter, powerful and lithe, often resembling a panther when she hunts. The Guardian is a creature of beauty, her rugged body rippling with pure physical strength. Her glimmering runes blend perfectly in the foliage of trees when she sits upon thick branches, hidden in the whispers of leaves. Pakhet is the raw example of nature and its dangers. She did not meet Clan Volfein peacefully. They had chosen to reside within her territory, disrupting her home and existence. Disgusted by their assumptive behavior, Pakhet quickly grew into a challenging problem. Her protests sparked in small acts. A broken hunting trap, missing materials, a torn tent, or a wagon without a wheel. But when the Guardian realized this was not enough to rid herself of these pests, she began to grow more desperate. She began to attack isolated dragons or damage irreplaceable essentials. Eventually, the clan itself reacted. It took three warriors to finally pin her down, after she had wounded three more. Even defeated, she continued to snarl and thrash about in the constraints of her captors. Two long hard weeks followed, as Lakila attempted to reach through to the Gurdian. Pekhet was a danger to the clan but she was only defending her territory, which Lakila did not want to keep holding her from. For a while, it was a never ending cycle of misunderstandings. Eventually, Jullala, almost as wild as Pekhet, connected with the feisty dragonness. He offered her a new home, to explore lands different than the jungles she walked. Pekhet hesitated in her answer, unsure if she wanted to join a clan that viewed her as some wild beast, but the idea of seeing new lands, hunting new creatures, was beyond alluring. She realized how small of a world she lived within after listening to Jullala's tales of his journeys. She wanted to wrangle beasts like he, and maybe, even begin to tame herself. So, Pekhet eventually consented. The journey would be long and hard, given that the clan was wary of her and those she had attacked downright hated her, but she wanted to live life to the fullest. She had discovered her charge, and the hollow ache that once resided in her chest, was now gone.[/quote] [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39522622] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/395227/39522622_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=4][font= times new roman]Apo comes from a colorful world of excitement and vigor. The Guardian was raised in the Fishspine Reef, but born from nature. However, his birth element never kept him from connecting with the songs of the waters and adapting to the warm ocean. He is a melody, graceful when he swims and walks, his movements jovial and filled with the warmth of life. Often, other dragons are touched with a sense of peace within his presence. Apo has never seen the world, for he only knows the currents of his home. One cannot deny that there is some connection the Guardian possesses with the ocean. Its as if he can hear it's hymn, calling to him, luring him into a world flushed with life. On land, it still clings to him, resiliently following in his footsteps. Where he walks, a trail of dew is left behind, hinting of his earlier attendance. It was troublesome for him to leave the waters and join Clan Volfein. He wanted nothing more than to live in peace within the reef for the remainder of his life, but like the ocean, there was a strange alluring call from the distant lands he had never seen. Enticed, Apo conceded to Lakila's requests and joined the nomadic clan. He struggled to fit in, trying to find a role and way within this new family. Unlike the fish in the reef, dragons could talk, and Apo almost always found himself overwhelmed with unfamiliar words and conversation. He was a stranger in a strange land. Homesickness clung to him like water. Because he no longer dwelled in it's healing properties, Apo grew sick. Death threatened his life, even if the healers fought with him, trying to keep him within this world. Only the glimpse of a familiar face, no, familiar feeling, stopped him from slipping into the afterlife. Although he did not know the dragonness Raum, her dark abyssal scales reminded him of the ocean at night. She brought him a sense of peace and those gloomy, swirling purple eyes comforted him when he felt himself yearning for his old home. Eventually, he pulled himself into recovery. Intrigued by the dragonness's allure, Apo devoted himself to connecting with the other Guardian. He wanted nothing more than to grow close to her. She is a piece of home he had forgotten to take with him. His charge. After such a discovery, Apo felt himself quickly adjusting to clan life. He adopted the role of a scout, looking for water in lands where it is scarce or diving into lakes to hunt for fish. This is his hymn now.[/quote]
@Eleya - I'm trying for all three! If that's not allowed and I can only take one, then please (if you like what I've written) choose the dragon with the writing you like the most?? Thank you for giving me an opportunity though! I named the dragons in the stories because I didn't want to use [Name] as a placeholder for 'Unnamed'.

Quote:

41792232_350.png

Anahita hatched in warm golden sands besides the ocean. Unless you were close enough, you couldn't tell if her eyes were green, for from far away they appear a rich baby blue like the inner coloring of her ears. This is why she was named Anahita, meaning water goddess, by the traveling merchant that stumbled upon the abandoned child. When she was found, she was already lulled to sleep by the gentle rolling waves of the ocean. Curled in a tight ball among shards of eggshells, the Imperial resembled a speckled shell. Her brilliant brass wings gleamed in the sunlight, catching the merchant's attention. He had emerged curiously from the tree line, distracted and pulled away from his route. The little hatchling intrigued him, and gently, very gently, he bundled her in silk and set her within one of the baskets he carried.

When Anahita awoke, she could see the colors of dusk through the woven slits of the basket. Slightly frightened, but eager nonetheless, she peeped out from beneath a cover of burlap. The hatchling watched trees pass by as her companion walked. Turning, she observed Rodran (who had not yet noticed her wake), admiring his thoughtful look. In that moment, she felt her heart swell, knowing that this stranger was her father. Anahita bubbled happily and her sounds of delight quickly caught the merchant's attention. The larger Imperial smiled, turning so his snout could gently bump hers. "You're awake." From the look in his eyes, one could tell he had already fallen for the hatching that was not his own.

Reaching out with needy paws, Anahita grabbed his snout, cooing softly. A deep chuckle rumbled within the merchant's chest and Rodran happily pulled her from her basket. He settled down besides the trail, cradling her within his arms. "What shall I name you, hm?" He trailed off into silence, listening to the trees whisper as a slight breeze kissed his cheek. The moment he registered the dull roar of the ocean, his yellow eyes alit with an eager happiness, and he looked down kindly at the hatchling within his arms. "Anahita. Little Anahita."

She seemed pleased with her new name and giggled, twisting excitedly in his hold. Slipping her between his shoulders, Rodran resumed his journey down the worn path he walked. Anahita, still tired from her hatching and the excitement of the day, soon slipped into sleep, comforted by the rocking motion of her father's walking.

Anahita was easily accepted into Clan Volfein. Lakila did not hesitate in allowing Rodran to raise the hatchling. In fact, the Guardian encouraged him, wanting the little dragonness to grow into a fine merchant like her father. And Anahita did. She fervently followed in her adopted father's footsteps, even when he revealed the truth of her birth after relenting to the guilt that ate at his heart. She thrived in the studies of a merchant, and soon, she was old enough to join him on his travels.

Now, Anahita is a proud, maybe even arrogant, merchant who faithfully serves her clan with a gleeful heart.

Quote:

40647716_350.png

Pakhet, a Guardian without a charge ruled by the untamed world. She was born wild in the tangled jungles of the Viridian Labyrinth, a fierce dragonness, maybe even beast, who stalks the shadowed undergrowth. She is a mighty hunter, powerful and lithe, often resembling a panther when she hunts. The Guardian is a creature of beauty, her rugged body rippling with pure physical strength. Her glimmering runes blend perfectly in the foliage of trees when she sits upon thick branches, hidden in the whispers of leaves. Pakhet is the raw example of nature and its dangers.

She did not meet Clan Volfein peacefully. They had chosen to reside within her territory, disrupting her home and existence. Disgusted by their assumptive behavior, Pakhet quickly grew into a challenging problem. Her protests sparked in small acts. A broken hunting trap, missing materials, a torn tent, or a wagon without a wheel. But when the Guardian realized this was not enough to rid herself of these pests, she began to grow more desperate. She began to attack isolated dragons or damage irreplaceable essentials. Eventually, the clan itself reacted.

It took three warriors to finally pin her down, after she had wounded three more. Even defeated, she continued to snarl and thrash about in the constraints of her captors. Two long hard weeks followed, as Lakila attempted to reach through to the Gurdian. Pekhet was a danger to the clan but she was only defending her territory, which Lakila did not want to keep holding her from. For a while, it was a never ending cycle of misunderstandings. Eventually, Jullala, almost as wild as Pekhet, connected with the feisty dragonness. He offered her a new home, to explore lands different than the jungles she walked. Pekhet hesitated in her answer, unsure if she wanted to join a clan that viewed her as some wild beast, but the idea of seeing new lands, hunting new creatures, was beyond alluring. She realized how small of a world she lived within after listening to Jullala's tales of his journeys. She wanted to wrangle beasts like he, and maybe, even begin to tame herself.

So, Pekhet eventually consented. The journey would be long and hard, given that the clan was wary of her and those she had attacked downright hated her, but she wanted to live life to the fullest. She had discovered her charge, and the hollow ache that once resided in her chest, was now gone.

Quote:

39522622_350.png

Apo comes from a colorful world of excitement and vigor. The Guardian was raised in the Fishspine Reef, but born from nature. However, his birth element never kept him from connecting with the songs of the waters and adapting to the warm ocean. He is a melody, graceful when he swims and walks, his movements jovial and filled with the warmth of life. Often, other dragons are touched with a sense of peace within his presence. Apo has never seen the world, for he only knows the currents of his home. One cannot deny that there is some connection the Guardian possesses with the ocean. Its as if he can hear it's hymn, calling to him, luring him into a world flushed with life. On land, it still clings to him, resiliently following in his footsteps. Where he walks, a trail of dew is left behind, hinting of his earlier attendance.

It was troublesome for him to leave the waters and join Clan Volfein. He wanted nothing more than to live in peace within the reef for the remainder of his life, but like the ocean, there was a strange alluring call from the distant lands he had never seen. Enticed, Apo conceded to Lakila's requests and joined the nomadic clan. He struggled to fit in, trying to find a role and way within this new family. Unlike the fish in the reef, dragons could talk, and Apo almost always found himself overwhelmed with unfamiliar words and conversation. He was a stranger in a strange land.

Homesickness clung to him like water. Because he no longer dwelled in it's healing properties, Apo grew sick. Death threatened his life, even if the healers fought with him, trying to keep him within this world. Only the glimpse of a familiar face, no, familiar feeling, stopped him from slipping into the afterlife. Although he did not know the dragonness Raum, her dark abyssal scales reminded him of the ocean at night. She brought him a sense of peace and those gloomy, swirling purple eyes comforted him when he felt himself yearning for his old home.

Eventually, he pulled himself into recovery. Intrigued by the dragonness's allure, Apo devoted himself to connecting with the other Guardian. He wanted nothing more than to grow close to her. She is a piece of home he had forgotten to take with him. His charge. After such a discovery, Apo felt himself quickly adjusting to clan life. He adopted the role of a scout, looking for water in lands where it is scarce or diving into lakes to hunt for fish. This is his hymn now.
rPflwkH.png
bump!

@Eleya- you've got a well-written offer, so don't forget to check back in on this thread!
bump!

@Eleya- you've got a well-written offer, so don't forget to check back in on this thread!
@Fraybird
Just read through the forms, and they are indeed well-written. Id love to give all three dragons to them. Just wanted to ask, weather it is okay to do so? Or is there a rule that would allow only one dragon at a time? I read through them again and didnt find something... Just wanted to make sure :3

@Sillywinter
Your forms are amazing! I loved to read through all the stories. Id be very happy if I could give all three of them to you. Id just wait for Fraybirds response, weather this is okay, and send them over then :3
@Fraybird
Just read through the forms, and they are indeed well-written. Id love to give all three dragons to them. Just wanted to ask, weather it is okay to do so? Or is there a rule that would allow only one dragon at a time? I read through them again and didnt find something... Just wanted to make sure :3

@Sillywinter
Your forms are amazing! I loved to read through all the stories. Id be very happy if I could give all three of them to you. Id just wait for Fraybirds response, weather this is okay, and send them over then :3
@Eleya yes, of course it's alright!
@Eleya yes, of course it's alright!
@Fraybird
Goldilocks have been given to someone
@Fraybird
Goldilocks have been given to someone
ATGt8wk.png100 Hatchlings Challenge U6ccL54.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34