Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Voting is Closed Thank You =)
[center][center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/plague_contest2.png[/img] Caption Contest: Plague Flight 2018 [size=5][color=#7e2229][font=corbel]Hello everyone! I'm glad you stopped by, I could really use your opinion right now. You see, every festival I run this little [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2423303#post_2423303]Wyrm Lore[/url] story time and I have recently started a caption contest. Well, I have received more then I expected this time and I was hoping I could get some of you guys to help me figure out which one will be winner. In this way I can keep the contest fair for those who have participated. The blurbs go into little achievements that are awarded after each festivals conclusion. [img]https://i.imgur.com/fHoVwx2.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/m90JJMn.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/DifrhMs.png[/img] You will find the link to the voting poll below. Thank you for your aid in this matter, it's much appreciated! Also, everyone that votes make sure you check back on the 27th to get your badge.[/font][/color][/size][/center] [center]Poll Link CLOSED THANK YOU![/center] [center]I thought you guys might like a chance to vote. I will possibly start pinging everyone from the previous celebration's list to vote from here on, so if anyone would like to be excluded from that ping please let me know. Thank you =)[/center] [center]@Zuron, @SilverFoxDemon, @IronPen, @Faramyre, @EclipseMirror, @TheSangonmuu, @Stanzascale, @fithandantilus, @SnoringHyena, @RadientAngel, @rapono, @Disillusionist[/center]
plague_contest2.png
Caption Contest: Plague Flight 2018

Hello everyone!
I'm glad you stopped by, I could really use your opinion right now. You see, every festival I run this little Wyrm Lore story time and I have recently started a caption contest. Well, I have received more then I expected this time and I was hoping I could get some of you guys to help me figure out which one will be winner. In this way I can keep the contest fair for those who have participated.
The blurbs go into little achievements that are awarded after each festivals conclusion.
fHoVwx2.pngm90JJMn.pngDifrhMs.png
You will find the link to the voting poll below. Thank you for your aid in this matter, it's much appreciated!
Also, everyone that votes make sure you check back on the 27th to get your badge.

Poll Link
CLOSED THANK YOU!

I thought you guys might like a chance to vote. I will possibly start pinging everyone from the previous celebration's list to vote from here on, so if anyone would like to be excluded from that ping please let me know. Thank you =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Done voting! *squints* Whoa, only two captions. I guess this month's theme is tough. o_O
Done voting! *squints* Whoa, only two captions. I guess this month's theme is tough. o_O
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Riot of Writers Wyrm Lore

Rot the Writer's Block Wyrm Lore

That's all the punny titles I can think of at the moment.
Riot of Writers Wyrm Lore

Rot the Writer's Block Wyrm Lore

That's all the punny titles I can think of at the moment.
@Disillusionist

I know =/ That's okay, I'm sure RBC will inspire more puns =D. I'm starting to consider doing the pun contests earlier and possibly on a different thread.

@RadientAngel

Oh, nice titles =)
@Disillusionist

I know =/ That's okay, I'm sure RBC will inspire more puns =D. I'm starting to consider doing the pun contests earlier and possibly on a different thread.

@RadientAngel

Oh, nice titles =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I thought you guys might like to have something to read while your at the voting polls. That, and I just really wanted to post this somewhere. [center][i][b]The Costumed Sprite by Bobert[/b][/i][/center] [size=2]This story is just in time for Spooky Month. I have it on good authority that for the last three years drakes and beasts of all sorts have caught Sprites ([i]Yes. You read that right. Sprites[/i]) dressing up in various costumes to go trick-or-treating. According to my sources, it's a different sprite each year and they don't always show up at the same lairs as the last. They do, however, travel all over Sornieth during the season. For those lucky enough to witness one of these dressed up sprites it is indeed a sight to behold, or it is according to those few witnesses I've been able to question about it. I've been told of devilish Wind Sprites and Mummified Water Sprites and this year the rumor is that there is a Mermaid Earth Sprite.[/size] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/YUamGox.png[/img] [size=1]Image of the supposed Mermaid Earth Sprite taken just outside the photographers home. What do you think? Is it really a sprite in costume or is it just an elaborate, albeit creative, hoax?[/size][nextcol] Though adorable, no one seems to know why these little creatures have taken up this tradition. Stranger still, no one knows how they are getting those costumes. It has been suggested that these are not costume clad sprites, but are in fact some sort of mutated creatures. This theory would explain away many of the current questions, but it would raise several others in their place. I have a hard time believing that being the case, however. We would have picked up on the mutation of elemental sprite, especially to that degree, and why only one a year? Regardless of whether or not it's just a creative little costume or a major overhaul in the genetics of a few sprites, it cannot be denied that the denizens of Sornieth enjoy witnessing the little things. Many put out special treats just for them and the cubs will offer goodies to one if they see it. Several villages and towns go out of their way to encourage them to trick-or-treat in their area, in the hopes of earning their favor and whatever luck they might bestow on their homes for the coming year. Keep your eye out while you are out trick-or-treating this year. Maybe you will be lucky enough to see one yourself. If you do, I'd love to hear your experience with it. [/columns]
I thought you guys might like to have something to read while your at the voting polls. That, and I just really wanted to post this somewhere.
The Costumed Sprite
by Bobert

This story is just in time for Spooky Month. I have it on good authority that for the last three years drakes and beasts of all sorts have caught Sprites (Yes. You read that right. Sprites) dressing up in various costumes to go trick-or-treating. According to my sources, it's a different sprite each year and they don't always show up at the same lairs as the last. They do, however, travel all over Sornieth during the season. For those lucky enough to witness one of these dressed up sprites it is indeed a sight to behold, or it is according to those few witnesses I've been able to question about it. I've been told of devilish Wind Sprites and Mummified Water Sprites and this year the rumor is that there is a Mermaid Earth Sprite.
YUamGox.png
Image of the supposed Mermaid Earth Sprite taken just outside the photographers home. What do you think? Is it really a sprite in costume or is it just an elaborate, albeit creative, hoax?
Though adorable, no one seems to know why these little creatures have taken up this tradition. Stranger still, no one knows how they are getting those costumes. It has been suggested that these are not costume clad sprites, but are in fact some sort of mutated creatures. This theory would explain away many of the current questions, but it would raise several others in their place. I have a hard time believing that being the case, however. We would have picked up on the mutation of elemental sprite, especially to that degree, and why only one a year?

Regardless of whether or not it's just a creative little costume or a major overhaul in the genetics of a few sprites, it cannot be denied that the denizens of Sornieth enjoy witnessing the little things. Many put out special treats just for them and the cubs will offer goodies to one if they see it. Several villages and towns go out of their way to encourage them to trick-or-treat in their area, in the hopes of earning their favor and whatever luck they might bestow on their homes for the coming year.

Keep your eye out while you are out trick-or-treating this year. Maybe you will be lucky enough to see one yourself. If you do, I'd love to hear your experience with it.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight Oh my goodness, that's so adorable, and the matching image was really cute, too! XD I love the idea of familiars dressing up and trick-or-treating on their own. Maybe not just Sprites but also friendly Beastclans? Familiars in general? Imagine a huge Roc in a Sweetpuff costume, or a Disoriented Spirit dressed up as a Grim Reaper -- "Wow, your familiar's costume is so realistic!" Now I kinda wish this were a gameplay thing. <3
@Azurenight Oh my goodness, that's so adorable, and the matching image was really cute, too! XD I love the idea of familiars dressing up and trick-or-treating on their own. Maybe not just Sprites but also friendly Beastclans? Familiars in general? Imagine a huge Roc in a Sweetpuff costume, or a Disoriented Spirit dressed up as a Grim Reaper -- "Wow, your familiar's costume is so realistic!" Now I kinda wish this were a gameplay thing. <3
@Disillusionist You, my friend, are an absolute darling! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It was my attempt to write for one of the Wind Flight Newspapers. I believe your praise is more then my Photoshop skills deserve, but I do thank you for it =D. ...aaand I couldn't help but to try the other two ;D [center][font=All Over Again][size=5]Ragin' Roc Puff[/font][/size] [i]Used Ragepuff... mostly 'cause I like blue[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Gx1JguO.png[/img][/center] [center][font=All Over Again][size=5]Disoriented Reaper[/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ltCxi0S.png[/img][/center]
@Disillusionist You, my friend, are an absolute darling! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It was my attempt to write for one of the Wind Flight Newspapers. I believe your praise is more then my Photoshop skills deserve, but I do thank you for it =D. ...aaand I couldn't help but to try the other two ;D

Ragin' Roc Puff
Used Ragepuff... mostly 'cause I like blue
Gx1JguO.png

Disoriented Reaper
ltCxi0S.png
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight Aww, thank you! The article caught my eye right away because it reminded me of Jenny Hanivers. But the actual topic was much more adorable. <3

Speaking of adorable, oh my goodness, those shops. The Disoriented Reaper is my fave, just for that adorable basket and the spirit accompanying it. There's a story there -- are they friends going trick-or-treating together? Or has the Disoriented Spirit been disoriented so thoroughly by the Aer Phantom that it's just going along with whatever's happening? Either one is hilarious. XDD
@Azurenight Aww, thank you! The article caught my eye right away because it reminded me of Jenny Hanivers. But the actual topic was much more adorable. <3

Speaking of adorable, oh my goodness, those shops. The Disoriented Reaper is my fave, just for that adorable basket and the spirit accompanying it. There's a story there -- are they friends going trick-or-treating together? Or has the Disoriented Spirit been disoriented so thoroughly by the Aer Phantom that it's just going along with whatever's happening? Either one is hilarious. XDD
[center]@Disillusionist, @RadientAngel Thank you to everyone who voted! Polls are now closed and a winner will be announced soon. As a thank you to everyone that put in a vote please have this special badge =) [img]https://i.imgur.com/qk8LRrq.png[/img] [/center]
@Disillusionist, @RadientAngel

Thank you to everyone who voted! Polls are now closed and a winner will be announced soon. As a thank you to everyone that put in a vote please have this special badge =)

qk8LRrq.png
buffer text
Coming
Soon