Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [IC] Bestiary Taverns (Lore network)
1 2 3 4
Hi there, I've been in the processing of giving everyone in my lair at least a mini-bio, and in this process I've decided I need a tavern owner. I've decided the girl for the job is going to be my beautiful ridgie Sabine: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33237217] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332373/33237217_350.png[/img] [/url] My clan lore is generally quite feisty and I imagined a meek tavern keeper wouldn't be in business for long. So who better to keep peace around the bar than an 8400Kg Ridgeback? & then of course came the process of naming her Tavern...I feel like a lot of "fantasy" taverns regularly feature animals in their name? Maybe I just play too much Skyrim (where there's The Bee and the Barb & The Bannered Mare). ----------------------------- Anyway, to get to the point of this particular thread: I'm most likely going to name her tavern after her companion: The Fallen Streak. & I thought if anyone else is interested in naming their own lore taverns after bestiary companions, we could establish a network of sorts. There doesn't have to be any major interaction, but it would be cool to connect OOC. We could include the territory and other people/dragons could casually name-drop these taverns in their own bios! "I got into a fight at The Wraith Hound over in Lightning lands" or something like that. Sort of a rough idea because I just came up with it, but I wanted to mostly just see if anyone else was interested :) If there were enough people, we could start up a google spreadsheet. I don't expect to have enough people to fill up 73 pages of the bestiary, so I imagine people could just pick and choose what to name their own taverns after. & of course variants could be used, you wouldn't have to name your bar/tavern exactly the companion name (ex: Tavern could be called 'The Emerald Wraith Hound' instead of just "The Wraith Hound" or longer beast names could be shortened/altered, etc.)
Hi there,
I've been in the processing of giving everyone in my lair at least a mini-bio, and in this process I've decided I need a tavern owner. I've decided the girl for the job is going to be my beautiful ridgie Sabine:

33237217_350.png

My clan lore is generally quite feisty and I imagined a meek tavern keeper wouldn't be in business for long. So who better to keep peace around the bar than an 8400Kg Ridgeback?

& then of course came the process of naming her Tavern...I feel like a lot of "fantasy" taverns regularly feature animals in their name? Maybe I just play too much Skyrim (where there's The Bee and the Barb & The Bannered Mare).

Anyway, to get to the point of this particular thread: I'm most likely going to name her tavern after her companion: The Fallen Streak.

& I thought if anyone else is interested in naming their own lore taverns after bestiary companions, we could establish a network of sorts. There doesn't have to be any major interaction, but it would be cool to connect OOC. We could include the territory and other people/dragons could casually name-drop these taverns in their own bios! "I got into a fight at The Wraith Hound over in Lightning lands" or something like that.

Sort of a rough idea because I just came up with it, but I wanted to mostly just see if anyone else was interested :)

If there were enough people, we could start up a google spreadsheet. I don't expect to have enough people to fill up 73 pages of the bestiary, so I imagine people could just pick and choose what to name their own taverns after. & of course variants could be used, you wouldn't have to name your bar/tavern exactly the companion name (ex: Tavern could be called 'The Emerald Wraith Hound' instead of just "The Wraith Hound" or longer beast names could be shortened/altered, etc.)
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
@Katastrophie I'm really liking this idea! Would a wide range of classiness be allowed or are you thinking of more classic fantasy taverns? Because I think my Lacerta here would run a lovely cocktail bar, the "Spellbound Spirits" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27027181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/270272/27027181_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/15287.png[/img]
@Katastrophie

I'm really liking this idea! Would a wide range of classiness be allowed or are you thinking of more classic fantasy taverns? Because I think my Lacerta here would run a lovely cocktail bar, the "Spellbound Spirits"

27027181_350.png

15287.png
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
@Cheeseburger I use the word tavern just because my own clan lore is largely medieval-type fantasy but I wouldn't want to restrict this sort of thing like that! I imagine there are plenty of people who'd love to do more modern type bars, or western taverns, etc.

Lacerta's cocktail bar sounds amazing! Love the name ♥
@Cheeseburger I use the word tavern just because my own clan lore is largely medieval-type fantasy but I wouldn't want to restrict this sort of thing like that! I imagine there are plenty of people who'd love to do more modern type bars, or western taverns, etc.

Lacerta's cocktail bar sounds amazing! Love the name ♥
g67EwfB.png
Bump
Bump
g67EwfB.png
@Katastrophie my entire clan is an Inn! my custom progen is the chef of the place! well, its more like the dragon version of hotel california. i... realized i havent actually named it yet but your beastiary thing has given me good ideas! Thinking either Duskflapper Kitchen or Shalebuck Lodge. its not a conventional tavern so it might not fit your lore, but your naming idea really helped me!
@Katastrophie my entire clan is an Inn! my custom progen is the chef of the place! well, its more like the dragon version of hotel california. i... realized i havent actually named it yet but your beastiary thing has given me good ideas! Thinking either Duskflapper Kitchen or Shalebuck Lodge. its not a conventional tavern so it might not fit your lore, but your naming idea really helped me!
[he/him] my clan is a soup
@Katastrophie Hey, I really like this idea! I think my Melqart would have a comfortable, homey cafe. He likes his ale and spirits, but would rather run a family-friendly establishment, so pastries, pies, and coffee it is. Liquor would probably be available to purchase only at certain hours, by adult dragons. His familiar's a Gold-throated Sparrow, and that sounds a bit awkward....I was thinking maybe a play on the "gold-throated" part could work, like "The Gilded Song" or "The Golden Sparrow." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28592608] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/285927/28592608_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Katastrophie Hey, I really like this idea!

I think my Melqart would have a comfortable, homey cafe. He likes his ale and spirits, but would rather run a family-friendly establishment, so pastries, pies, and coffee it is. Liquor would probably be available to purchase only at certain hours, by adult dragons.

His familiar's a Gold-throated Sparrow, and that sounds a bit awkward....I was thinking maybe a play on the "gold-throated" part could work, like "The Gilded Song" or "The Golden Sparrow."

28592608_350.png
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Katastrophie i love this idea! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27073994] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/270740/27073994_350.png[/img] [/url] this lady is my cook, and while i didn't have a whole lot of plans for her, i could absolutely get behind her actually being a tavern owner with her mate, the mirror to her left. as for a familiar to name it after...she's got a spotted faun, which matches both of their color schemes, and The Spotted Faun sounds like a pretty solid tavern name, i think! especially since she essentially takes advantage of the loose lips that are always present in bars and eateries, 'spotting' people who are useful sources of information...
@Katastrophie

i love this idea!

27073994_350.png

this lady is my cook, and while i didn't have a whole lot of plans for her, i could absolutely get behind her actually being a tavern owner with her mate, the mirror to her left.

as for a familiar to name it after...she's got a spotted faun, which matches both of their color schemes, and The Spotted Faun sounds like a pretty solid tavern name, i think! especially since she essentially takes advantage of the loose lips that are always present in bars and eateries, 'spotting' people who are useful sources of information...
wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
@Katastrophie Daiquiri here owns [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGs4jb1pCf8]A Story Told[/url] Tavern who's sign is based on his familiar Edmund. I had an item sales thread for all the trading that happens here but I can't update it until after Flameforgers. Think of side quests and you'd be right since my clan is usually looking for something that they don't or can't bother the merchants with. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16631445] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166315/16631445_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/11515.png[/img] He's a mossy cerdae right now, might switch to those new ones from the blooming gardens if I eer get one.
@Katastrophie
Daiquiri here owns A Story Told Tavern who's sign is based on his familiar Edmund. I had an item sales thread for all the trading that happens here but I can't update it until after Flameforgers. Think of side quests and you'd be right since my clan is usually looking for something that they don't or can't bother the merchants with.

16631445_350.png

11515.png
He's a mossy cerdae right now, might switch to those new ones from the blooming gardens if I eer get one.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
ooh, interesting! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28248570] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/282486/28248570_350.png[/img] [/url] Isaiah here's a bartender, and while I'm not sure if his tourmaline vulstal's going to be his [i]permanent[/i] familiar, I do like the idea of his bar being called tourmaline! a place decked out in darkened teak, with glittering streaks of fairy lights to keep watch over the tables
ooh, interesting!

28248570_350.png

Isaiah here's a bartender, and while I'm not sure if his tourmaline vulstal's going to be his permanent familiar, I do like the idea of his bar being called tourmaline! a place decked out in darkened teak, with glittering streaks of fairy lights to keep watch over the tables
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
So many responses, I'm glad there's some interest!!

@8uny I'm so jealous I didn't think of something like that when I was first coming up with clan ideas. That sounds so fun! & I think your lore would fit in just fine! It's really just about having some connections with others OOC (and letting others reference your inn IC if that's something people want to do)

@Disillusionist Melqart's cafe would fit right in. I think at this rate I should change the thread title name, hehe. & I knew some bestiary names would be harder than others to get a name out of :']. Both of your ideas sound good hmmm. If it was up to a vote, I'd vote for The Gilded Song, I think!

@staticmcawesome What a cool thing you've got going on :) I had wondered if anyone had done anything like this before. You're more than welcome to include A Story Told if this really gets going! & good luck gettin one of those new cerdae D:< a Flora Cerdae would look great alongside Daiquiri.

@Haoang20082 The taverns/bars don't have to match exactly to the owner/bartender's companion! I just liked the idea of it for Sabine, really...and I'm lazy. The atmosphere of your bar sounds amazing & even kind've matches Isaiah's apparel in my mind's eye haha

I need suggestions from you guys as to how this should work! I don't want to just boss people around on my own. Does a google spreadsheet sound like a good idea for this? & if so, what should the columns be? I was thinking a slot for the icon of the beast the tavern/bar/cafe is named after, the name of the establishment, the location, and then maybe a description?

I was wondering if there should be a column indicating whether people are willing to have their establishments referenced in other's lore. Like I said in the first post, for instance, other people being able to say they visited your bar in their own dragon's lore. Which would largely be what the description portion would be for, so that people can match up a place for their story (ex: they can pick a rowdy tavern to get into a fight at, rather than a family cafe. & the other way around, they can have their parent-dergs take their scaly kids to a family place instead of a night bar. & so on.)

Basically letting your dragon travel in lore without having to ever actually leave the lair ;)

Not sure if there's much interest in this portion? Or if I'm even making sense? Hehe.

TELL ME IF I'M RAMBLING.
So many responses, I'm glad there's some interest!!

@8uny I'm so jealous I didn't think of something like that when I was first coming up with clan ideas. That sounds so fun! & I think your lore would fit in just fine! It's really just about having some connections with others OOC (and letting others reference your inn IC if that's something people want to do)

@Disillusionist Melqart's cafe would fit right in. I think at this rate I should change the thread title name, hehe. & I knew some bestiary names would be harder than others to get a name out of :']. Both of your ideas sound good hmmm. If it was up to a vote, I'd vote for The Gilded Song, I think!

@staticmcawesome What a cool thing you've got going on :) I had wondered if anyone had done anything like this before. You're more than welcome to include A Story Told if this really gets going! & good luck gettin one of those new cerdae D:< a Flora Cerdae would look great alongside Daiquiri.

@Haoang20082 The taverns/bars don't have to match exactly to the owner/bartender's companion! I just liked the idea of it for Sabine, really...and I'm lazy. The atmosphere of your bar sounds amazing & even kind've matches Isaiah's apparel in my mind's eye haha

I need suggestions from you guys as to how this should work! I don't want to just boss people around on my own. Does a google spreadsheet sound like a good idea for this? & if so, what should the columns be? I was thinking a slot for the icon of the beast the tavern/bar/cafe is named after, the name of the establishment, the location, and then maybe a description?

I was wondering if there should be a column indicating whether people are willing to have their establishments referenced in other's lore. Like I said in the first post, for instance, other people being able to say they visited your bar in their own dragon's lore. Which would largely be what the description portion would be for, so that people can match up a place for their story (ex: they can pick a rowdy tavern to get into a fight at, rather than a family cafe. & the other way around, they can have their parent-dergs take their scaly kids to a family place instead of a night bar. & so on.)

Basically letting your dragon travel in lore without having to ever actually leave the lair ;)

Not sure if there's much interest in this portion? Or if I'm even making sense? Hehe.

TELL ME IF I'M RAMBLING.
g67EwfB.png
1 2 3 4