Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 417 418
@lopika Can you add me to the ping list for more questions please? [quote][i]15. April 2016.[/i] Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] My clan started out in the bamboo fields around the Zephyr Steppes. On there way from the IceWardens frozen abode they happened to get lost in the fields. Soon bumping into one another again in a clearing. Two pillars were in the middle, each had a statue on the top resembling the dragons themselves. A mirror female (Rattler) and a tundra male (Vyrek, deceased). The pillars started to glow and soon they forgot their ice filled life, except that they were mates. They soon settled down into hat clearing, protecting the pillars. One day more pillars started rising from the ground and soon after, those dragons showed up having forgot their past life. Now with 40 statues scattered about in the caves and the two leaders in the front of the cavern on either side. With many statues broken or having been removed, there was one more mournful than them all. Vyrek, who had succumbed to a grave illness. His statue's glow ceased to illuminate the field. Leaving only an elder Rattler perched in front of the caves. [quote][i]16. April 2016.[/i] Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] Yes, I have a Spiral named Felt, who is a scholar/librarian that keeps track of everything in the clan, including lore.
@lopika

Can you add me to the ping list for more questions please?
Quote:
15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

My clan started out in the bamboo fields around the Zephyr Steppes. On there way from the IceWardens frozen abode they happened to get lost in the fields. Soon bumping into one another again in a clearing. Two pillars were in the middle, each had a statue on the top resembling the dragons themselves. A mirror female (Rattler) and a tundra male (Vyrek, deceased). The pillars started to glow and soon they forgot their ice filled life, except that they were mates. They soon settled down into hat clearing, protecting the pillars. One day more pillars started rising from the ground and soon after, those dragons showed up having forgot their past life. Now with 40 statues scattered about in the caves and the two leaders in the front of the cavern on either side. With many statues broken or having been removed, there was one more mournful than them all. Vyrek, who had succumbed to a grave illness. His statue's glow ceased to illuminate the field. Leaving only an elder Rattler perched in front of the caves.
Quote:
16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

Yes, I have a Spiral named Felt, who is a scholar/librarian that keeps track of everything in the clan, including lore.
HzGpUHb.png
@lopika
Ooooh another lore question thread, I'd like to be pinged, please :3
@lopika
Ooooh another lore question thread, I'd like to be pinged, please :3
||Rain's Swaps&Services||
° Shop
° Coding Doctor
° Cauldron for rent
@lopika Can I be added to the ping list? :)
@lopika Can I be added to the ping list? :)
[center][b]~Question of the Day~[/b][/center] [quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] Malrith was once well known for his ferocity in battle. He even augmented his own abilities with Sickle Claws and wields a Ravenskull Broadsword. He's not the type of dragon one would expect to keep meticulous records or wander Sorneith in search of new knowledge. Yet that is in fact what Malrith has spent his recent time doing. However, he's not a lorekeeper per se, but more of a sage and a hoarder of knowledge. Malrith spent his youth and now his adulthood traveling far and wide across Sorneith. He is the Original Wanderer bound only to his Matriarch, Iraneth. The winding caverns and caves of his space in the Nexus are filled with tomes, books, scrolls, and parchments. Each is filled to the brim with words and illustrations, and all carefully organized by theme, location, and date of origin. More recently Malrith's collection has become more widely known and several eager Fledglings have sought him out for his wisdom. Unfortunately, for them Malrith is a cunning and at times ruthless dragon. He fully believes in the idea that knowledge is power and has extremely exacting standards for sharing his information. Not only must the prospective Fledglings prove themselves to him, but they must also bargain with Equivalency. Malrith will never [i]give[/i] knowledge; in order to learn from Malrith, Malrith must also learn something new in turn. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=117129&did=7860543][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78606/7860543_350.png?mtime=Vs_c4gAB_uk.png[/img][/url][/center]
~Question of the Day~

Quote:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

Malrith was once well known for his ferocity in battle. He even augmented his own abilities with Sickle Claws and wields a Ravenskull Broadsword. He's not the type of dragon one would expect to keep meticulous records or wander Sorneith in search of new knowledge.

Yet that is in fact what Malrith has spent his recent time doing. However, he's not a lorekeeper per se, but more of a sage and a hoarder of knowledge.

Malrith spent his youth and now his adulthood traveling far and wide across Sorneith. He is the Original Wanderer bound only to his Matriarch, Iraneth. The winding caverns and caves of his space in the Nexus are filled with tomes, books, scrolls, and parchments. Each is filled to the brim with words and illustrations, and all carefully organized by theme, location, and date of origin.

More recently Malrith's collection has become more widely known and several eager Fledglings have sought him out for his wisdom. Unfortunately, for them Malrith is a cunning and at times ruthless dragon. He fully believes in the idea that knowledge is power and has extremely exacting standards for sharing his information. Not only must the prospective Fledglings prove themselves to him, but they must also bargain with Equivalency. Malrith will never give knowledge; in order to learn from Malrith, Malrith must also learn something new in turn.
7860543_350.png?mtime=Vs_c4gAB_uk.png
78MhYKy.pngWiki-wordmark.png78MhYKy.png
@Lopika [quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] The Night Parade does in fact have both a Lorekeeper and a library, which is considered solely the territory of the Snappers. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19942486] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199425/19942486_350.png[/img] [/url] More specifically, it is considered the territory of Amazon the Lorekeeper, who is a member of the clan's High Council and is tasked with consolidating all of the clan's records from historical events to birth certificates to outdated trade logs. She takes her job very seriously, and although she's probably the Snapper that spends the least amount of time in the library (since she's always out experiencing the history she needs to record being made), she knows it like the back of her hoofy little claws. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20050809] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/200509/20050809_350.png[/img] [/url] Usually scuttling around beside Amazon is her scribe Runic, who helps the Lorekeeper record things and also transcribes her writings from parchment to stone slabs to be put in the library. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21310826] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/213109/21310826_350.png[/img] [/url] And lastly there's Agate, who [i]should[/i] be organizing the library based on Amazon's specifications. He too knows it from top to bottom, and is so efficient at sorting that he usually just finds himself with a lot of free time. Free time that he uses to tinker with things.
@Lopika
Quote:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

The Night Parade does in fact have both a Lorekeeper and a library, which is considered solely the territory of the Snappers.

19942486_350.png

More specifically, it is considered the territory of Amazon the Lorekeeper, who is a member of the clan's High Council and is tasked with consolidating all of the clan's records from historical events to birth certificates to outdated trade logs. She takes her job very seriously, and although she's probably the Snapper that spends the least amount of time in the library (since she's always out experiencing the history she needs to record being made), she knows it like the back of her hoofy little claws.

20050809_350.png

Usually scuttling around beside Amazon is her scribe Runic, who helps the Lorekeeper record things and also transcribes her writings from parchment to stone slabs to be put in the library.

21310826_350.png

And lastly there's Agate, who should be organizing the library based on Amazon's specifications. He too knows it from top to bottom, and is so efficient at sorting that he usually just finds himself with a lot of free time. Free time that he uses to tinker with things.
26ec748a5511548ec7e5188e9448484c2e46f197.png
@lopika

Ooh, this sounds wonderful. Please add me to the pinglist
@lopika

Ooh, this sounds wonderful. Please add me to the pinglist
[i]16. April 2016.[/i] Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books? ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15348352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153484/15348352_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]That's me. My name is Ximo, which yeah, that's not a very "library" or "smart guy" name, but it's mine all the same. Alongside that, I know, I'm a Water dragon. I'm no Light or Ice or Arcane, what makes me a scribe? Well, I'll tell you. What makes me a scribe is the fact that I'm the only one that's willing to do anything about the texts here, and the texts to come. Believe me, I've asked Nur. She's only focused on having hatchlings, which there's nothing wrong with, but that's not the mentality of a bookish person. I talked to Shentua, but she's one of the trainers, she's too focused on fighting. And then there's Afaeo and Cahrem, who can't do it because they're leading the clan! Dian, Chisomo, and Dalitso are all doing Hoard Team business all day, there's no time they can help me out. Kalfu's willing to play messenger for me, sure, but messenger does not equal editor or co-writer. He's not the smartest, after all. Masozi's always patching up Radko and Vicent, and Dio? Dio's too busy flying around doing his Wind thing. Really, the only dragons I can get to help me are the ones headed to dear old Arcanist. And even then, it's really only on the topic of breeds. Whatever. Gives me an excuse to do inventory of the hoard... again. Anyways, my stint as "librarian" is a bit of an overstatement. I've not put much time into the thing, even if I'd like to. Plus my eyesight isn't the best. Believe me, I'm working on it. So, yeah. I've got work to do. Bye. ... 11 Hardshells... 57 Wasteland Paupers, how many more do we need to get for Swipp? Oh yeah, 13... 111 Pauper Larvae? We're not running low on bugs anytime soon, heh...[/i]
16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

15348352_350.png

That's me. My name is Ximo, which yeah, that's not a very "library" or "smart guy" name, but it's mine all the same. Alongside that, I know, I'm a Water dragon. I'm no Light or Ice or Arcane, what makes me a scribe? Well, I'll tell you. What makes me a scribe is the fact that I'm the only one that's willing to do anything about the texts here, and the texts to come.
Believe me, I've asked Nur. She's only focused on having hatchlings, which there's nothing wrong with, but that's not the mentality of a bookish person. I talked to Shentua, but she's one of the trainers, she's too focused on fighting. And then there's Afaeo and Cahrem, who can't do it because they're leading the clan!
Dian, Chisomo, and Dalitso are all doing Hoard Team business all day, there's no time they can help me out. Kalfu's willing to play messenger for me, sure, but messenger does not equal editor or co-writer. He's not the smartest, after all. Masozi's always patching up Radko and Vicent, and Dio? Dio's too busy flying around doing his Wind thing.
Really, the only dragons I can get to help me are the ones headed to dear old Arcanist. And even then, it's really only on the topic of breeds. Whatever. Gives me an excuse to do inventory of the hoard... again.
Anyways, my stint as "librarian" is a bit of an overstatement. I've not put much time into the thing, even if I'd like to. Plus my eyesight isn't the best. Believe me, I'm working on it. So, yeah. I've got work to do. Bye.
11 Hardshells... 57 Wasteland Paupers, how many more do we need to get for Swipp? Oh yeah, 13... 111 Pauper Larvae? We're not running low on bugs anytime soon, heh...
Capricorn || +0 FR Time
ey/em or they/them

view my currently reading and book stats on the storygraph!
external website
W2JLRmc.png

Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

(I'll do one for the second day in a moment :p)

My clan is a small, slightly dysfunctional family living in the Rotrock Rim. It was started when a mirror decided that it would be a great idea to fight a bunch of serthis alone. After about five minutes, she promptly realized that this GreatIdea™ was probably not so great after all, but the serthis clearly weren't happy about it. Then, a guardian stepped in and trashed all of the serthis and helped her fight them off. Being the very grumpy and indignant mirror that she was, she yelled at him to go away and that she could have handled it. Unfazed, the guardian just blinked at her as she stalked off.

And then a gash on her leg got infected. She couldn't leave her tiny cave to go hunt, but after a week of realizing that she was about to starve, she found supplies and a small pot of healing salve near the entrance of her cave. She didn't know who had put t there, but seeing as she hadn't much of a choice, she applied the salve and ate the food. After letting her leg heal properly, she decided to try and catch the creature who had helped her.

Bam. Surprise. It was the guardian. She tried confronting him after catching him in the act, but he panicked and fled. She didn't see him for another few months till she found that a herd of Dunhoof centaurs had surrounded something. After swooping in for a closer look, she realized that they were attacking the same guardian who had tried helping her. Sorineth is a small world. She helped him and they decided to stick together.

They had a nest and two mirrors (Altair and Connor) and a guardian (Aveline) was born. They adopted a small, tiny guardian that was found on the borders of the wandering contagion. After that, they decided that this family wasn't going to get weirder, so they started a clan.

The rest is history.

Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

(I'll do one for the second day in a moment :p)

My clan is a small, slightly dysfunctional family living in the Rotrock Rim. It was started when a mirror decided that it would be a great idea to fight a bunch of serthis alone. After about five minutes, she promptly realized that this GreatIdea™ was probably not so great after all, but the serthis clearly weren't happy about it. Then, a guardian stepped in and trashed all of the serthis and helped her fight them off. Being the very grumpy and indignant mirror that she was, she yelled at him to go away and that she could have handled it. Unfazed, the guardian just blinked at her as she stalked off.

And then a gash on her leg got infected. She couldn't leave her tiny cave to go hunt, but after a week of realizing that she was about to starve, she found supplies and a small pot of healing salve near the entrance of her cave. She didn't know who had put t there, but seeing as she hadn't much of a choice, she applied the salve and ate the food. After letting her leg heal properly, she decided to try and catch the creature who had helped her.

Bam. Surprise. It was the guardian. She tried confronting him after catching him in the act, but he panicked and fled. She didn't see him for another few months till she found that a herd of Dunhoof centaurs had surrounded something. After swooping in for a closer look, she realized that they were attacking the same guardian who had tried helping her. Sorineth is a small world. She helped him and they decided to stick together.

They had a nest and two mirrors (Altair and Connor) and a guardian (Aveline) was born. They adopted a small, tiny guardian that was found on the borders of the wandering contagion. After that, they decided that this family wasn't going to get weirder, so they started a clan.

The rest is history.
tumblr_o8jld6tRHZ1tv56zio6_250.png __
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
@KitalphaHart Oh my gosh thank you for the ping! This is perfect.

@lopika Please add me to the pinglist? I'm slowly working out my lore and this could be helpful.
@KitalphaHart Oh my gosh thank you for the ping! This is perfect.

@lopika Please add me to the pinglist? I'm slowly working out my lore and this could be helpful.
I miss pings - DMs work better. Semi-hiatus.
[quote]16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] My custom progen, Christobel, lives in a crumbling library. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13257480] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132575/13257480_350.png[/img] [/url] He spends his time deciphering ancient texts and dispensing advice, should someone ask for it.
Quote:

My custom progen, Christobel, lives in a crumbling library.

13257480_350.png

He spends his time deciphering ancient texts and dispensing advice, should someone ask for it.
312wk5s.jpg
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 417 418