Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Looking for crit/suggestions (WRITING)
I have a few character/story ideas and I want to have some crit for them. I want them to be unique but not too unique, I want them to be able to be understood and somewhat relatable in strong emotions.
I don't really want suggestions on the setting/fandom each char is in, but rather for the writing itself and their personalities. Also, for the second one story filler and crit for the main ideas

First character:
(Note: I plan on this being a villain-esque/a kind of companion that's actually evil!!!, etc. etc. I have no idea about the background for this one, just what has been mentioned in said idea.)
Character bonds with protag, from this point they are evil and are working for some evil organisation. Soon, they fall in love with protag, but under the impression that what they are doing is wrong and they're not good enough for protag.
A skirmish by the organisation is where the protag lives. When it begins they tell the protag to run and push them away. Some way or another character gets full control of raids/battles. They have the protag in mind. Wanting to keep the protag happy, they carefully plan out each battle/raid. Which one will fail, which will succeed, and which would bring the protag near someone who may be a fitting suitor
Soon, however, things don't go as planned and protags friend has a crush on one of the suitors. char is aware of this, and quickly kills/kidnaps the friend. This continues as suitors/friends of protag/etc. don't fall as planned. Eventually protag finds out one way or another that char is evil.
Protag confronts char. Char explains they're doing it for them and begs them to go back to some place, marry one of the suitors and live "happily ever after". Protag refuses and char orders protag to be taken hostage. Protag escapes with other hostages.
Protag does stuff to annoy and break the plans of char.
Eventually, what was love grows to resentment, and protag and char fight in a one on one because of what was intended to be a happily ever after plan for the protag.

Character 2:
(For a horror story thing, rough sketch, for the bits I consider creepy I have spoilered them out.)
Mirror goes on vacation to plague with his buds, gets caught up in Abiding Boneyard and them and locals get chased by 'Contaminators'. The group doesn't understand what goes on and assume they were ambushed by a gang/group of thieves. Locals refuse to speak anymore about the group. They continue making their way through.
When they park for the night to camp and continue venturing further in in the morning, everyone hears a strange scraping noise. One member of the group goes to investigate such noise. Soon they hear a shriek and come out to find them looking down and sobbing. When they look up they have a variation of plague primal+shadow primal. P much multiple eyes leaking goop. They are shrieking they can't see, describing like plague monsters or something. They are freaked out by this and hurriedly skittle to the next town. Drop their friend off at a witchdoctor's (plague ain't having no normal doctors) and skedaddle quickly to the Rotrock Rim. They ask around more about the contaminators and that and all they get is "Sometimes, even she is scared by them." by some old lady. Go to some local pub and mess around all night. They get in a spicy game of truth or dare where an old plague dragon dares the group to go and ask 'to be quarantined'. Some plague dragons give looks of shock or fear but nothing is said. The group laughs as they walk outside in the evening to yell 'Quarantine us!' or something.
Nothing happens for the first few minutes, they're all joking about it. When one of the group leans on a bone and is dragged into the ground by it. Everyone panics and starts digging, and are grabbed by the bones nearby and its a scary scene made by suspense and struggling. Some locals come out to their screams and help them, telling them they're lucky to be alive. They're ushered inside, and hear the whisper "They never forget a request." They ask what happened there and once again locals refuse to respond. Just tell them to go to the next town and tell them 'bring this folk with you' and give them a contaminated ambassador as if that would help.
And thats all i have so far for this one. I have the end planned roughly but to get from here to a scary scene at the Wyrmwound I need some good filler and tension-filled scenes.
I have a few character/story ideas and I want to have some crit for them. I want them to be unique but not too unique, I want them to be able to be understood and somewhat relatable in strong emotions.
I don't really want suggestions on the setting/fandom each char is in, but rather for the writing itself and their personalities. Also, for the second one story filler and crit for the main ideas

First character:
(Note: I plan on this being a villain-esque/a kind of companion that's actually evil!!!, etc. etc. I have no idea about the background for this one, just what has been mentioned in said idea.)
Character bonds with protag, from this point they are evil and are working for some evil organisation. Soon, they fall in love with protag, but under the impression that what they are doing is wrong and they're not good enough for protag.
A skirmish by the organisation is where the protag lives. When it begins they tell the protag to run and push them away. Some way or another character gets full control of raids/battles. They have the protag in mind. Wanting to keep the protag happy, they carefully plan out each battle/raid. Which one will fail, which will succeed, and which would bring the protag near someone who may be a fitting suitor
Soon, however, things don't go as planned and protags friend has a crush on one of the suitors. char is aware of this, and quickly kills/kidnaps the friend. This continues as suitors/friends of protag/etc. don't fall as planned. Eventually protag finds out one way or another that char is evil.
Protag confronts char. Char explains they're doing it for them and begs them to go back to some place, marry one of the suitors and live "happily ever after". Protag refuses and char orders protag to be taken hostage. Protag escapes with other hostages.
Protag does stuff to annoy and break the plans of char.
Eventually, what was love grows to resentment, and protag and char fight in a one on one because of what was intended to be a happily ever after plan for the protag.

Character 2:
(For a horror story thing, rough sketch, for the bits I consider creepy I have spoilered them out.)
Mirror goes on vacation to plague with his buds, gets caught up in Abiding Boneyard and them and locals get chased by 'Contaminators'. The group doesn't understand what goes on and assume they were ambushed by a gang/group of thieves. Locals refuse to speak anymore about the group. They continue making their way through.
When they park for the night to camp and continue venturing further in in the morning, everyone hears a strange scraping noise. One member of the group goes to investigate such noise. Soon they hear a shriek and come out to find them looking down and sobbing. When they look up they have a variation of plague primal+shadow primal. P much multiple eyes leaking goop. They are shrieking they can't see, describing like plague monsters or something. They are freaked out by this and hurriedly skittle to the next town. Drop their friend off at a witchdoctor's (plague ain't having no normal doctors) and skedaddle quickly to the Rotrock Rim. They ask around more about the contaminators and that and all they get is "Sometimes, even she is scared by them." by some old lady. Go to some local pub and mess around all night. They get in a spicy game of truth or dare where an old plague dragon dares the group to go and ask 'to be quarantined'. Some plague dragons give looks of shock or fear but nothing is said. The group laughs as they walk outside in the evening to yell 'Quarantine us!' or something.
Nothing happens for the first few minutes, they're all joking about it. When one of the group leans on a bone and is dragged into the ground by it. Everyone panics and starts digging, and are grabbed by the bones nearby and its a scary scene made by suspense and struggling. Some locals come out to their screams and help them, telling them they're lucky to be alive. They're ushered inside, and hear the whisper "They never forget a request." They ask what happened there and once again locals refuse to respond. Just tell them to go to the next town and tell them 'bring this folk with you' and give them a contaminated ambassador as if that would help.
And thats all i have so far for this one. I have the end planned roughly but to get from here to a scary scene at the Wyrmwound I need some good filler and tension-filled scenes.
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
^Just to make it clear, as someone will probably ask or something, I do of course intend to keep horror story as mentioned within fr guidelines. You don't need blood guts and gore to make a horror story! Just spoilered stuff for faint of hearted
^Just to make it clear, as someone will probably ask or something, I do of course intend to keep horror story as mentioned within fr guidelines. You don't need blood guts and gore to make a horror story! Just spoilered stuff for faint of hearted
- they/them
- +8 FR time

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
@LemonySnaket, both are interesting! It is a little hard to follow for Character A, so keep it simple. How do you see under spoilers? I'm interested in what happens that frighten the group so much.

Edit: I accidentally discovered how to read the spoilers content. Still interested in the story.
@LemonySnaket, both are interesting! It is a little hard to follow for Character A, so keep it simple. How do you see under spoilers? I'm interested in what happens that frighten the group so much.

Edit: I accidentally discovered how to read the spoilers content. Still interested in the story.
Eyeballs2.png
@Squirrelatory
Thank you for the crit of character A! The second one is for a like a mini RoR writing comp and I'm happy to ping you when the piece is completed if you want! I've done the beginning part and I suppose you can see where it leads to

Edit: forgot to link it here
@Squirrelatory
Thank you for the crit of character A! The second one is for a like a mini RoR writing comp and I'm happy to ping you when the piece is completed if you want! I've done the beginning part and I suppose you can see where it leads to

Edit: forgot to link it here
- they/them
- +8 FR time

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
@LemonySnaket,
I'll be sure to check it out. What's RoR? And do please ping me when finished.
@LemonySnaket,
I'll be sure to check it out. What's RoR? And do please ping me when finished.
Eyeballs2.png
@LemonySnaket,
The competition looks interesting. I may enter myself.
@LemonySnaket,
The competition looks interesting. I may enter myself.
Eyeballs2.png
@Squirrelstory RoR is Riot of Rot! Plague fest.
On the spreadsheet they have a pinglist for last day to enter, voting and results!
@Squirrelstory RoR is Riot of Rot! Plague fest.
On the spreadsheet they have a pinglist for last day to enter, voting and results!
- they/them
- +8 FR time

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
still searching for more crit!
still searching for more crit!
- they/them
- +8 FR time

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png