Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | REMNANTS: Writing Contest (winner p. 3)
1 2 3 4
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2572200/1][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/1ec6/f/2018/323/3/0/remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png[/img][/url][/center] (click the banner above to check out the store!) [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bb88/f/2018/323/1/b/splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png[/img][/center] [b][size=150]Welcome to Remnants! [/size][/b] Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements! Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them! *** This is a contest to win your very own Remnant! Our students got the Ancient Device working once again and the result is... [img]https://i.imgur.com/hY2dO2V.png[/img] This is the Remnant of FANTASY. While this newly summoned form may look a little childish, this elemental is as old as what it represents. And in the case of FANTASY - ever since the very first sentient being thought of a story to tell in order to change their world. [b]This is a WRITING contest![/b] Anyone can enter - the only requirement is that you respond to the prompt below! (FR rules apply.) Entrants will be judged on the following prompt. [i][b]Fantasy is the very idea of fiction - but the most powerful part of fiction is the TRUTH it is able to bring to light. Write ANYTHING - a poem, a story, a fable, that is both very fantastical, but brings in a TRUTH. It can be sad or funny or whatever you like.[/b][/i][i](Keep it PG, lol)[/i] [b]Note: Doesn't need to be about the character of Fantasy![/b] USE THIS FORM! [code] USERNAME: REMNANT'S NAME: (what will you call them?) PRONOUNS: (How does Fantasy present? Male/Female/Other - and yes, you can pick female and ask that they don't have a beard if you really dislike it) ENTRY: (2000 words max, NO MINIMUM. If you can do it in 5 words, have FUN!) [/code] [b]CONTEST ENDS: AUGUST 30th @10am EST[/b] (Please don't change the size of your text to be smaller. I'm old and I need new glasses. Bigger is fine. lol) [b]NOTE TO PRIME OWNERS: This is a Prime! If you already own a prime, please do not enter this one! (don't worry, you'll have lots of chances to get Non-Primes of your own!)[/b]
remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png

(click the banner above to check out the store!)
splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png

Welcome to Remnants!

Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements!

Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them!

This is a contest to win your very own Remnant! Our students got the Ancient Device working once again and the result is...

hY2dO2V.png

This is the Remnant of FANTASY. While this newly summoned form may look a little childish, this elemental is as old as what it represents. And in the case of FANTASY - ever since the very first sentient being thought of a story to tell in order to change their world.

This is a WRITING contest!

Anyone can enter - the only requirement is that you respond to the prompt below! (FR rules apply.)

Entrants will be judged on the following prompt.

Fantasy is the very idea of fiction - but the most powerful part of fiction is the TRUTH it is able to bring to light. Write ANYTHING - a poem, a story, a fable, that is both very fantastical, but brings in a TRUTH. It can be sad or funny or whatever you like.(Keep it PG, lol)

Note: Doesn't need to be about the character of Fantasy!

USE THIS FORM!
Code:
USERNAME: REMNANT'S NAME: (what will you call them?) PRONOUNS: (How does Fantasy present? Male/Female/Other - and yes, you can pick female and ask that they don't have a beard if you really dislike it) ENTRY: (2000 words max, NO MINIMUM. If you can do it in 5 words, have FUN!)

CONTEST ENDS: AUGUST 30th @10am EST

(Please don't change the size of your text to be smaller. I'm old and I need new glasses. Bigger is fine. lol)

NOTE TO PRIME OWNERS: This is a Prime! If you already own a prime, please do not enter this one! (don't worry, you'll have lots of chances to get Non-Primes of your own!)
5gSLBV0.png
nibble extra post just in case?
nibble extra post just in case?
5gSLBV0.png
bump!
bump!
5gSLBV0.png
bump!
bump!
5gSLBV0.png
@Dembai
Question! Does the story/etc. have to include them, Fantasy, in it? Or can it be about literally anything as long as it's also about Truth?
@Dembai
Question! Does the story/etc. have to include them, Fantasy, in it? Or can it be about literally anything as long as it's also about Truth?
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[quote name="@Saraceaser" date="2019-08-15 08:34:23" ] Dembai Question! Does the story/etc. have to include them, Fantasy, in it? Or can it be about literally anything as long as it's also about Truth? [/quote] Literally anything! doesn't need to include them at all! They want to hear a story. X3
@Saraceaser wrote on 2019-08-15 08:34:23:
Dembai

Literally anything! doesn't need to include them at all! They want to hear a story. X3
5gSLBV0.png
I finished my entry today but I don't wanna post it yet. I wanna let it simmer like a pot roast, in case it needs anything added. Like carrots or potatoes. This analogy is getting weird.

Anyways consider this a bump!
I finished my entry today but I don't wanna post it yet. I wanna let it simmer like a pot roast, in case it needs anything added. Like carrots or potatoes. This analogy is getting weird.

Anyways consider this a bump!
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
Consider this a bump from me too, I have a WiP but I’m still pretty iffy on it so we’ll have to see if I finish it or just scrap it entirely
Consider this a bump from me too, I have a WiP but I’m still pretty iffy on it so we’ll have to see if I finish it or just scrap it entirely
Gentle bump. I wish I could think of something to write but nothing will come to me.
Gentle bump. I wish I could think of something to write but nothing will come to me.
Ah, I have been looking to get a remnant for a while now...

Bumping...I'll have an entry posted up an a little while~
Ah, I have been looking to get a remnant for a while now...

Bumping...I'll have an entry posted up an a little while~
1pLM.gif
1 2 3 4