Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Marcelina Magica [BOOK IN PROGRESS]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@eternalFangirl @Everburn @Pikapoochi @Sumoru @Zemo @Yoaisami @FrozenGlacier @saltedsnails
Right so I need help developing a plot for a book I'm planning! Any suggestions?
It's about Marcelinas descent into despair, so uh
Yeah
@eternalFangirl @Everburn @Pikapoochi @Sumoru @Zemo @Yoaisami @FrozenGlacier @saltedsnails
Right so I need help developing a plot for a book I'm planning! Any suggestions?
It's about Marcelinas descent into despair, so uh
Yeah
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
Yo the contest is still going!
Yo the contest is still going!
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
Y'all I'm just desperate to know if people are legitimately interested in this cus I dont think I can continue this without support
Y'all I'm just desperate to know if people are legitimately interested in this cus I dont think I can continue this without support
Hey all! Can one of you give me a prompt so that I can write these characters I added? Thanks!
Hey all! Can one of you give me a prompt so that I can write these characters I added? Thanks!
Hm, a prompt? Well, say they’re dreaming about better times, if they’re in a tough spot, only to wake up to reality.

Or if they’re fine and happy, they have a nightmare that seems to predict the future... only to be dismissed when they mention it to someone they trust as “just another nightmare”.
Hm, a prompt? Well, say they’re dreaming about better times, if they’re in a tough spot, only to wake up to reality.

Or if they’re fine and happy, they have a nightmare that seems to predict the future... only to be dismissed when they mention it to someone they trust as “just another nightmare”.
lM0v4sB.png saltedsnails
he/they
majors in procrastination
all-around soup enthusiast
+8 FRT

Contest is still going on!
Contest is still going on!
Wow. This is elaborate. Good for you!
Wow. This is elaborate. Good for you!
Art shop.

Free Genes.
@Erisdar Thank you! I worked really hard on it!
@Erisdar Thank you! I worked really hard on it!
Yo so I'm doing a thing where you send in your wish and personality to me, and I make you a Witch and a Magical Girl! So hit me up!
Yo so I'm doing a thing where you send in your wish and personality to me, and I make you a Witch and a Magical Girl! So hit me up!
@eternalFangirl @Everburn @Pikapoochi @Sumoru @Zemo @Yoaisami @FrozenGlacier @saltedsnails Aaalright! As I'm going along and writing up chapters for my book, I decided to post new chapters of it as I finish! So, here is the first chapter!

Without further ado, Puella Magi Marcelina Magica!

Chapter One
“Hey, wait up!” Marcelina called as she slung her bag over her shoulder. Her friend Aleah merely tilted her head back so that she could see Marcelina, before facing the path to school again, brushing long white and yellow hair out of her face. On her shoulder was a black and blue ferret-like creature that curled up around her neck.

“There you are,” She sighed as she slowed down to let Marcelina catch up. “You get any sleep last night?”

“Nah. Homework took up too much time,” Marcelina replied. “So, you finally got out. What happened this time?”

“Another fight. Some goons wouldn’t leave me alone, and I was sick of’em.” Aleah pulled out a bedazzled dagger. “Hey, check out what Katria made me last night. She wanted to give me a gift for getting out, so… That happened.” She let out a breath and looked at the ring on her middle finger. “How’s your new friend coming along? Zena, was it?”

“She’s doing fine. Mom won’t let her stay over, but she’s paying for a place to stay, so that’s something. She’s about to make out a contract today.” Marcelina felt something in the back of her mind, but she decided to ignore it. Today was a normal day. At least, she hoped so.

The two continued to talk about each other’s lives, and hoping for a break from their own hardships in life, as they hadn’t seen each other in a long time. Nothing seemed to have changed in a long time for these two.

As Marcelina approached her locker, she noticed a new girl with brown skin and messy black hair out of the corner of her eye. “Hey, did Mr. Bright say anything about a new kid?” She asked Aleah.

“Nope. Should we report her to the office? ‘Cus I really wanna go one day without getting in trouble.” Aleah responded. “Unless she’s one of us… Then she can bring it.”

“I’m gonna follow her.” Marcelina dropped her stuff in her locker, shut it and trailed behind the new girl, ignoring her teacher calling her back. The girl went through the halls, stopping in front of the supply closet.

And that’s when Marcelina noticed the gem in her ring was glowing.

There was a Witch here.

“Oh, goddammit,” Marcelina sighed. She approached the girl, who turned to look at Marcelina with a terrified expression on her face. “Hey, kid! Whaddaya think you’re doing?” The girl turned to look at Marcelina, before running into the closet without saying another word. Marcelina followed her in, and found herself in an entirely new world.

The hard tiles in the school were replaced with cracked pavement, the lockers had become a city, and the ceiling had suddenly began pouring with freezing cold rain. This, Marcelina was sure, was the Witch’s Labyrinth.

Marcelina’s ring turned into an egg-like gem in the palm of her hand. Her Soul Gem. Strange dog-like creatures ran out of the shadows to growl at Marcelina, but she scared them off by pulling a spiked chain out of her Soul Gem. Light enveloped Marcelina, and soon, she was wearing an asymmetrical green and red dress with black fabric teeth.

Marcelina hurried through the city, leaping into the air as to not disturb the dogs, the Familiars. The alleyway Marcelina traveled through opened up into a plaza, where the young girl Marcelina had seen cowered against a trash can, an empty fountain full of pennies lay in the center, and the Witch stood behind it.

It was hideous, wearing rags over the smoke that was its body, and its arms being nothing but long scythes. Its hair was made of dead leaves, and covered its face almost entirely. Abigail, the Reaper Witch.

The Witch leaned into the fountain, picked up a penny with its mouth, and launched it at the girl, leaving a large bruise on her arm. It repeated this process, leaving the girl heaving on the ground before smoke began to leak out from under its dress, enveloping the young girl.

Marcelina leaped out from the shadows and whipped the Witch from behind to get its attention, before summoning a horde of chained blades and launching them at the Witch, the blades cutting through the scythes and body and the chains holding the Witch in place. She began twirling her whip around to clear the smoke, before sending a chained blade through the Witch’s chest, wrapping the chain around it and squeezing it until it exploded in a cloud of smoke.

She landed on the ground just as the Labyrinth faded away and transformed back into her regular clothes, leaving the two back in the supply closet, and started towards the young girl, who seemed to just be waking up.

“Who are you?” She asked, letting out a yawn. “What just happened?!”

“I’m Marcelina. Why are you here?” Marcelina replied.

“Oh, yeah. I’m new here. I came here for supplies, and then I sorta… Fell asleep? I dunno.” The other girl walked past Marcelina, into the now empty hallway. “Let’s go back to class, alright? Don’t wanna get in trouble.”

Marcelina shrugged, and headed back to class with the girl, who seemed to be a freshman. She decided to contact Aleah through telepathy, which they had thanks to their Incubator, the ferret creature that only people like Marcelina could see.

Don’t worry about me, She said. There was just a Witch here, is all.

Again? Marcelina could feel Aleah sigh from here. Well, at least it wasn’t me who had to fight it. Nice job, kid.

You’re kidding, right? Zena’s voice suddenly sounded in Marcelina’s head, even though she was supposed to be back in the motel. I thought Witches fed off of life force, not off of anxiety and stress.

Did the new girl have a Witch’s Kiss? Aleah asked. If so, you might want to report her to the counselor. Witches like to-

Yeah, yeah. Witches feed off of depressed people more often. Well, no. She just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Marcelina put her hands behind her head. Shame. The thing didn’t have a Grief Seed on it, either, so there goes purifying my Soul Gem.

You can still afford to use some more magic. It’s not like you need to recharge every time you fight a Witch. Zena could be heard munching on something, clearly not taking this seriously. Oh, crap. Gotta go. Good luck with school, y’all.

Zena has disconnected, Spikey, the Incubator, joked.

Marcelina huffed. Well, what does she know? She hasn't made a contract yet.

But she's going to today, Aleah reminded her. About time- It was getting pretty boring around here.

As Marcelina entered the classroom, the teacher, Mr. Bright, hadn’t even gotten to the lesson plan, and was still going over attendance.

“Aleah Harem, here… Oh, I almost forgot!” Mr. Bright turned to face Marcelina and the other girl. “We have a new student today! Reed, come on up!”

Marcelina went to sit down, and the rest of the day seemed to whoosh by, until the end of the day came, and she found herself riding to the mall in Zena’s motorcycle. Zena grinned, and showed off her new Soul Gem she had gotten today.

“So, I found my friends today,” Zena yelled over the motorcycle. “They seemed pretty happy to see me… We got Reed going to your school, so... And she got herself in a Labyrinth, huh? Classic. She’s always been doing that, getting herself in places she shouldn’t be… Honestly, she’s kind of an idiot.”

“Yep,” Marcelina replied absentmindedly. “Hey, what kind of shopping are we gonna do?”

“Clothes, mostly,” Zena replied. “I’ve got some catching up to do with my friends, so I think I’ll wanna look okay. You want anything special?”

“Uh, maybe some food? Does my mom know you’re picking me up?” Marcelina asked.

“Does she know you go out every night to hunt Witches? Look, if you tell her our secret, I’ll tell her yours, so don’t try it.” Zena parked in front of the mall and took off her helmet. “Oh, hey. Aleah’s coming.”

Sure enough, Aleah pulled up in her mom’s truck, with Spikey poking his head out of the window. “Yo, how’s it goin’, you two?” She called. “What’s with the texts, huh, Zena? You got a story to tell?”

“It’s about her friends, probably,” Marcelina cut in before Zena could say anything.

“Bingo. So, I managed to get them to meet up with me at the park, and they were all ‘Woah, how did we get here?’ So, I told them that I can use magic now, and used it to bring us all together!” Zena explained as they walked through the mall. “So, since it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other, we’re having a little catching-up session tonight. You two wanna join?”

“Can’t. I’ve got Witches to hunt.” Marcelina stared ahead emotionlessly. “You should be hunting, too, you know. You don’t have time to fool around. This lifetime of fighting Witches is what we paid for our wishes, remember?”

“Oh, cut it out, Marcelina!” Aleah laughed. “You’re just saying that ‘cus you don’t have anything better to do with your life. Do you have any hobbies? Ooh, or maybe we can set you up on a blind date!” She elbowed Zena in the ribs to get her to join in.

“Kid, you have a whole life ahead of you. The contract you made to become a Magical Girl shouldn’t change any of that, it just gives you magic.” Zena stretched, before pulling out a bag of chips. “So, now you have to come with me to meet up!”

“Woah, woah, woah there, Zena! This is your event, not ours. I’ve got schoolwork, and then I’m manning the forge ‘til my uncle gets home. Speaking of which…” Aleah pulled out the dagger to show Zena, while Marcelina tuned them out. She could feel the presence of more Magical Girls here. She took a look at her Soul Gem. It was tainted. She needed to purify it. And those girls here…

They had what she needed.
@eternalFangirl @Everburn @Pikapoochi @Sumoru @Zemo @Yoaisami @FrozenGlacier @saltedsnails Aaalright! As I'm going along and writing up chapters for my book, I decided to post new chapters of it as I finish! So, here is the first chapter!

Without further ado, Puella Magi Marcelina Magica!

Chapter One
“Hey, wait up!” Marcelina called as she slung her bag over her shoulder. Her friend Aleah merely tilted her head back so that she could see Marcelina, before facing the path to school again, brushing long white and yellow hair out of her face. On her shoulder was a black and blue ferret-like creature that curled up around her neck.

“There you are,” She sighed as she slowed down to let Marcelina catch up. “You get any sleep last night?”

“Nah. Homework took up too much time,” Marcelina replied. “So, you finally got out. What happened this time?”

“Another fight. Some goons wouldn’t leave me alone, and I was sick of’em.” Aleah pulled out a bedazzled dagger. “Hey, check out what Katria made me last night. She wanted to give me a gift for getting out, so… That happened.” She let out a breath and looked at the ring on her middle finger. “How’s your new friend coming along? Zena, was it?”

“She’s doing fine. Mom won’t let her stay over, but she’s paying for a place to stay, so that’s something. She’s about to make out a contract today.” Marcelina felt something in the back of her mind, but she decided to ignore it. Today was a normal day. At least, she hoped so.

The two continued to talk about each other’s lives, and hoping for a break from their own hardships in life, as they hadn’t seen each other in a long time. Nothing seemed to have changed in a long time for these two.

As Marcelina approached her locker, she noticed a new girl with brown skin and messy black hair out of the corner of her eye. “Hey, did Mr. Bright say anything about a new kid?” She asked Aleah.

“Nope. Should we report her to the office? ‘Cus I really wanna go one day without getting in trouble.” Aleah responded. “Unless she’s one of us… Then she can bring it.”

“I’m gonna follow her.” Marcelina dropped her stuff in her locker, shut it and trailed behind the new girl, ignoring her teacher calling her back. The girl went through the halls, stopping in front of the supply closet.

And that’s when Marcelina noticed the gem in her ring was glowing.

There was a Witch here.

“Oh, goddammit,” Marcelina sighed. She approached the girl, who turned to look at Marcelina with a terrified expression on her face. “Hey, kid! Whaddaya think you’re doing?” The girl turned to look at Marcelina, before running into the closet without saying another word. Marcelina followed her in, and found herself in an entirely new world.

The hard tiles in the school were replaced with cracked pavement, the lockers had become a city, and the ceiling had suddenly began pouring with freezing cold rain. This, Marcelina was sure, was the Witch’s Labyrinth.

Marcelina’s ring turned into an egg-like gem in the palm of her hand. Her Soul Gem. Strange dog-like creatures ran out of the shadows to growl at Marcelina, but she scared them off by pulling a spiked chain out of her Soul Gem. Light enveloped Marcelina, and soon, she was wearing an asymmetrical green and red dress with black fabric teeth.

Marcelina hurried through the city, leaping into the air as to not disturb the dogs, the Familiars. The alleyway Marcelina traveled through opened up into a plaza, where the young girl Marcelina had seen cowered against a trash can, an empty fountain full of pennies lay in the center, and the Witch stood behind it.

It was hideous, wearing rags over the smoke that was its body, and its arms being nothing but long scythes. Its hair was made of dead leaves, and covered its face almost entirely. Abigail, the Reaper Witch.

The Witch leaned into the fountain, picked up a penny with its mouth, and launched it at the girl, leaving a large bruise on her arm. It repeated this process, leaving the girl heaving on the ground before smoke began to leak out from under its dress, enveloping the young girl.

Marcelina leaped out from the shadows and whipped the Witch from behind to get its attention, before summoning a horde of chained blades and launching them at the Witch, the blades cutting through the scythes and body and the chains holding the Witch in place. She began twirling her whip around to clear the smoke, before sending a chained blade through the Witch’s chest, wrapping the chain around it and squeezing it until it exploded in a cloud of smoke.

She landed on the ground just as the Labyrinth faded away and transformed back into her regular clothes, leaving the two back in the supply closet, and started towards the young girl, who seemed to just be waking up.

“Who are you?” She asked, letting out a yawn. “What just happened?!”

“I’m Marcelina. Why are you here?” Marcelina replied.

“Oh, yeah. I’m new here. I came here for supplies, and then I sorta… Fell asleep? I dunno.” The other girl walked past Marcelina, into the now empty hallway. “Let’s go back to class, alright? Don’t wanna get in trouble.”

Marcelina shrugged, and headed back to class with the girl, who seemed to be a freshman. She decided to contact Aleah through telepathy, which they had thanks to their Incubator, the ferret creature that only people like Marcelina could see.

Don’t worry about me, She said. There was just a Witch here, is all.

Again? Marcelina could feel Aleah sigh from here. Well, at least it wasn’t me who had to fight it. Nice job, kid.

You’re kidding, right? Zena’s voice suddenly sounded in Marcelina’s head, even though she was supposed to be back in the motel. I thought Witches fed off of life force, not off of anxiety and stress.

Did the new girl have a Witch’s Kiss? Aleah asked. If so, you might want to report her to the counselor. Witches like to-

Yeah, yeah. Witches feed off of depressed people more often. Well, no. She just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Marcelina put her hands behind her head. Shame. The thing didn’t have a Grief Seed on it, either, so there goes purifying my Soul Gem.

You can still afford to use some more magic. It’s not like you need to recharge every time you fight a Witch. Zena could be heard munching on something, clearly not taking this seriously. Oh, crap. Gotta go. Good luck with school, y’all.

Zena has disconnected, Spikey, the Incubator, joked.

Marcelina huffed. Well, what does she know? She hasn't made a contract yet.

But she's going to today, Aleah reminded her. About time- It was getting pretty boring around here.

As Marcelina entered the classroom, the teacher, Mr. Bright, hadn’t even gotten to the lesson plan, and was still going over attendance.

“Aleah Harem, here… Oh, I almost forgot!” Mr. Bright turned to face Marcelina and the other girl. “We have a new student today! Reed, come on up!”

Marcelina went to sit down, and the rest of the day seemed to whoosh by, until the end of the day came, and she found herself riding to the mall in Zena’s motorcycle. Zena grinned, and showed off her new Soul Gem she had gotten today.

“So, I found my friends today,” Zena yelled over the motorcycle. “They seemed pretty happy to see me… We got Reed going to your school, so... And she got herself in a Labyrinth, huh? Classic. She’s always been doing that, getting herself in places she shouldn’t be… Honestly, she’s kind of an idiot.”

“Yep,” Marcelina replied absentmindedly. “Hey, what kind of shopping are we gonna do?”

“Clothes, mostly,” Zena replied. “I’ve got some catching up to do with my friends, so I think I’ll wanna look okay. You want anything special?”

“Uh, maybe some food? Does my mom know you’re picking me up?” Marcelina asked.

“Does she know you go out every night to hunt Witches? Look, if you tell her our secret, I’ll tell her yours, so don’t try it.” Zena parked in front of the mall and took off her helmet. “Oh, hey. Aleah’s coming.”

Sure enough, Aleah pulled up in her mom’s truck, with Spikey poking his head out of the window. “Yo, how’s it goin’, you two?” She called. “What’s with the texts, huh, Zena? You got a story to tell?”

“It’s about her friends, probably,” Marcelina cut in before Zena could say anything.

“Bingo. So, I managed to get them to meet up with me at the park, and they were all ‘Woah, how did we get here?’ So, I told them that I can use magic now, and used it to bring us all together!” Zena explained as they walked through the mall. “So, since it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other, we’re having a little catching-up session tonight. You two wanna join?”

“Can’t. I’ve got Witches to hunt.” Marcelina stared ahead emotionlessly. “You should be hunting, too, you know. You don’t have time to fool around. This lifetime of fighting Witches is what we paid for our wishes, remember?”

“Oh, cut it out, Marcelina!” Aleah laughed. “You’re just saying that ‘cus you don’t have anything better to do with your life. Do you have any hobbies? Ooh, or maybe we can set you up on a blind date!” She elbowed Zena in the ribs to get her to join in.

“Kid, you have a whole life ahead of you. The contract you made to become a Magical Girl shouldn’t change any of that, it just gives you magic.” Zena stretched, before pulling out a bag of chips. “So, now you have to come with me to meet up!”

“Woah, woah, woah there, Zena! This is your event, not ours. I’ve got schoolwork, and then I’m manning the forge ‘til my uncle gets home. Speaking of which…” Aleah pulled out the dagger to show Zena, while Marcelina tuned them out. She could feel the presence of more Magical Girls here. She took a look at her Soul Gem. It was tainted. She needed to purify it. And those girls here…

They had what she needed.
1 2 3 4 5 6