Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Of Thorns & Roses [Submissions OPEN!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@BelialsWrath @LaSilva007 ---------- [indent][columns][center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8095.png[/img] [font=Georgia][color=#A5A5A5][i][b]~ Artefact ~[/b] Rarity: Rare[/i][/color][/font][/center][nextcol] [indent][indent][indent][right][font=Mistral][size=7]Dybbuk Box[/size][/font] [font=Georgia][color=#A5A5A5][i]"Don't be fooled my dear, for what lies within this disguised box sleeps a demon."[/i][/color][/font][/right][/indent][/indent][/indent][/columns][/indent] -------------- [font=Georgia][size=4][color=#8D8D8D]A dybbuk is a restless, usually malicious, spirit believed to be able to haunt and even possess the living. If a dybbuk box is burned, the box will take a long time to burn, but as it is burned, the dybbuk is fully released and cannot be returned to the box. There is nothing to gain with a dybbuk box. DO NOT OPEN! Selene was exploring her new clan, her brother off doing something else, and yet something drew her towards the clan's tavern; the Hidden Lantern. The tavern was homely, the smell of the cedar wood that created it's frame was calming, and the soft lights from the lanterns illuminated the inside. Not many were inside at the time. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39775960]Umbra[/url] was at the front desk. Selene knew she was a common witch. It seems that the Gemini clan is a haven of the supernatural. Beside Umbra was a peculiar object. It looked like a common worn down book but there was an energy that surrounded it. Selene could almost hear a soft voice of a child come from it. Asking to play and some giggling. This energy did not match the child...it was old, ancient even and malicious. A hand slammed on the top of the object forcing her out of her thoughts. She looked up to see Umbra staring at her perplexed. [b]"You can feel her energy yes?"[/b] Selene nodded. Umbra tilts her head slightly, [b] "I know what you are Witchborne for I am somewhat similar if not a different branch, a lineage I'll never know for myself. But heed my warning child, in this disguised box holds a demon named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47991166]Dybbuk[/url], and some unfortunate lost soul released her. I have bound her back but she is a very tricky and mischievous spirit. You're powerful so I do not worry for you, but just know to never open strange boxes without knocking first. Spirits even demons are compelled to knock back."[/b]
@BelialsWrath @LaSilva007

8095.png
~ Artefact ~
Rarity: Rare
Dybbuk Box
"Don't be fooled my dear, for what lies within this disguised box sleeps a demon."

A dybbuk is a restless, usually malicious, spirit believed to be able to haunt and even possess the living. If a dybbuk box is burned, the box will take a long time to burn, but as it is burned, the dybbuk is fully released and cannot be returned to the box.

There is nothing to gain with a dybbuk box. DO NOT OPEN!

Selene was exploring her new clan, her brother off doing something else, and yet something drew her towards the clan's tavern; the Hidden Lantern. The tavern was homely, the smell of the cedar wood that created it's frame was calming, and the soft lights from the lanterns illuminated the inside. Not many were inside at the time. Umbra was at the front desk. Selene knew she was a common witch. It seems that the Gemini clan is a haven of the supernatural. Beside Umbra was a peculiar object. It looked like a common worn down book but there was an energy that surrounded it.
Selene could almost hear a soft voice of a child come from it. Asking to play and some giggling. This energy did not match the child...it was old, ancient even and malicious. A hand slammed on the top of the object forcing her out of her thoughts. She looked up to see Umbra staring at her perplexed.

"You can feel her energy yes?" Selene nodded. Umbra tilts her head slightly, "I know what you are Witchborne for I am somewhat similar if not a different branch, a lineage I'll never know for myself. But heed my warning child, in this disguised box holds a demon named Dybbuk, and some unfortunate lost soul released her. I have bound her back but she is a very tricky and mischievous spirit. You're powerful so I do not worry for you, but just know to never open strange boxes without knocking first. Spirits even demons are compelled to knock back."
VYQwMuq.gif
@LaSilva007 @BelialsWrath Netanya has received her first full-length lore piece, the first of what I hope will be many adventures for her and her friends. xD It's a bit long, so I've decided to link to it rather than post it in full here. I hope you guys like it! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2323941/38#post_38481931][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487207/48720638_350.png[/img][/url]
@LaSilva007 @BelialsWrath Netanya has received her first full-length lore piece, the first of what I hope will be many adventures for her and her friends. xD It's a bit long, so I've decided to link to it rather than post it in full here. I hope you guys like it!

48720638_350.png
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
The night was dark and quiet as he waited in the shadows. The moonlight filtered down through the branches creating silvery pools on the forest floor. He could hear the shuffling of others gathering in the wood, smell the warm scent of the community on the air mingling with the fresh new leaves of spring. He had been waiting for this day for so long, but it had only been two short months. For him - that was a lifetime. Palinouros, the clan leader, spoke at last. “Son of Jomo and Greteel, please come forth and join our circle.” [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344437/34443656_350.png[/img][/center] Silently, the young dragon stepped from the trees and into the clearing where he could see all the faces around him at last. It seemed like everyone from his new clan had come out to be with him this night. The familiar faces from the day looked somewhat strange and foreign, now bathed only in moonlight. Palinouros waited until their eyes finally met before continuing. “As leader of the Uaithne clan, I was appointed as your guardian. However, you have been with us for two moons now and you come before me tonight fully grown. It is time for you to take your rightful place in our community, and for that you need your name.” “We gather tonight to give you this blessing. To call a thing by its name is to give it power, and so tonight, we give you this gift. I call upon the Tidelord and the Gladekeeper - father of your origin and mother of our own cherished land - and ask for their blessings. May they watch over you as you find your own way in this realm, and may they see you through any difficulties you face.” Palinouros then paused to look around the clearing, including the others in his gaze, before continuing. “We welcome you into our hearts and our lives. Your journey has just begun. As a clan, it is for us to guide and counsel, to teach you and likewise to learn from you. We smile with your joys and weep with your pains. We walk beside you should you need assistance.” He pauses again to look meaningfully at those who are gathered. The young dragon felt a soft breeze pass over his skin, carrying the moist smell of the earth. Soon enough the forest would be filled with new growth. He could almost feel the bulbs and seedlings beneath the surface pushing their way up. Would they be damaged by the presence of so many claws and tails? No. The seedlings would be more resilient than that. He looked up to find the leader’s kind and thoughtful eyes upon him with a contemplative gaze. The branches whispered above, and there was the sound of restless shuffling, but he didn’t look away. Finally, Palinouros dipped his claw into a bowl, and a sweet, herbal scent lingered on the air as he gently traced a pattern across the young dragon’s forehead. “You will be known to the deities and to us as Ciaran.” A cheer went up around the clearing, and a grin spread across the young dragon’s face as the name settled upon him. “This is your name, and it is powerful. Bear your name with honor, and may the deities bless you on this and every day. May you always have good fortune, may you always have good health, may you always be joyful, and may you always have love in your heart.” [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495111/49511081_350.png[/img][/center] He gently turned the young dragon to face those assembled. “Please welcome Ciaran to the Uaithne clan by joining us for the celebratory feast!” Everyone cheered once again, and Ciaran heard some instruments start to play. Dragons of all sizes and ages patted him on the back and wished him well as he was slowly ushered into a large meadow. It was lit by the warm glow of torches and appealing aromas reached him from several tables. Upon seeing the abundant variety of dishes, he realized just how hungry he was. Ciaran allowed himself to be swept up into the revelry of dancing, greetings, eating, singing, and generally enjoying the night. Amidst the crowd he happened to notice a very pretty imperial dancing some distance away. Her beautiful blue eyes met his for the briefest moment before she was swept off in a graceful swirl by her friends and lost from sight. As the night wore on, many of the elders approached him with offers to learn about the various trades that contribute to sustaining the lair. Some of the experienced warriors discussed the start of his training as if he weren’t present and able to hear their every word. They decided it would be best to get started the very next day – a prospect that was both intriguing and terrifying! He kept watch for the elusive dancer, however, it seemed that she had disappeared for the night. The festivities finally began to wind down as the first blush of dawn appeared on the horizon. The few dragons remaining wandered off to find sleep, and the young dragon was finally allowed to do so as well. As he laid down on his pallet, he felt happy and satisfied. As he drifted off to sleep, he thought to himself, “I am a Witchborne descendant, and I belong in the Uaithne clan. My name is Ciaran!” [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1472d40b5a1c39406f28a5a6638fd134/tumblr_inline_o21bmtn7Oz1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center]
The night was dark and quiet as he waited in the shadows. The moonlight filtered down through the branches creating silvery pools on the forest floor. He could hear the shuffling of others gathering in the wood, smell the warm scent of the community on the air mingling with the fresh new leaves of spring. He had been waiting for this day for so long, but it had only been two short months. For him - that was a lifetime.

Palinouros, the clan leader, spoke at last. “Son of Jomo and Greteel, please come forth and join our circle.”
34443656_350.png
Silently, the young dragon stepped from the trees and into the clearing where he could see all the faces around him at last. It seemed like everyone from his new clan had come out to be with him this night. The familiar faces from the day looked somewhat strange and foreign, now bathed only in moonlight.

Palinouros waited until their eyes finally met before continuing. “As leader of the Uaithne clan, I was appointed as your guardian. However, you have been with us for two moons now and you come before me tonight fully grown. It is time for you to take your rightful place in our community, and for that you need your name.”

“We gather tonight to give you this blessing. To call a thing by its name is to give it power, and so tonight, we give you this gift. I call upon the Tidelord and the Gladekeeper - father of your origin and mother of our own cherished land - and ask for their blessings. May they watch over you as you find your own way in this realm, and may they see you through any difficulties you face.”

Palinouros then paused to look around the clearing, including the others in his gaze, before continuing. “We welcome you into our hearts and our lives. Your journey has just begun. As a clan, it is for us to guide and counsel, to teach you and likewise to learn from you. We smile with your joys and weep with your pains. We walk beside you should you need assistance.” He pauses again to look meaningfully at those who are gathered.

The young dragon felt a soft breeze pass over his skin, carrying the moist smell of the earth. Soon enough the forest would be filled with new growth. He could almost feel the bulbs and seedlings beneath the surface pushing their way up. Would they be damaged by the presence of so many claws and tails? No. The seedlings would be more resilient than that.

He looked up to find the leader’s kind and thoughtful eyes upon him with a contemplative gaze. The branches whispered above, and there was the sound of restless shuffling, but he didn’t look away.

Finally, Palinouros dipped his claw into a bowl, and a sweet, herbal scent lingered on the air as he gently traced a pattern across the young dragon’s forehead.
“You will be known to the deities and to us as Ciaran.”

A cheer went up around the clearing, and a grin spread across the young dragon’s face as the name settled upon him.

“This is your name, and it is powerful.
Bear your name with honor, and may the deities bless you on this and every day.
May you always have good fortune,
may you always have good health,
may you always be joyful,
and may you always have love in your heart.”
49511081_350.png
He gently turned the young dragon to face those assembled. “Please welcome Ciaran to the Uaithne clan by joining us for the celebratory feast!”

Everyone cheered once again, and Ciaran heard some instruments start to play. Dragons of all sizes and ages patted him on the back and wished him well as he was slowly ushered into a large meadow. It was lit by the warm glow of torches and appealing aromas reached him from several tables. Upon seeing the abundant variety of dishes, he realized just how hungry he was.

Ciaran allowed himself to be swept up into the revelry of dancing, greetings, eating, singing, and generally enjoying the night. Amidst the crowd he happened to notice a very pretty imperial dancing some distance away. Her beautiful blue eyes met his for the briefest moment before she was swept off in a graceful swirl by her friends and lost from sight.

As the night wore on, many of the elders approached him with offers to learn about the various trades that contribute to sustaining the lair. Some of the experienced warriors discussed the start of his training as if he weren’t present and able to hear their every word. They decided it would be best to get started the very next day – a prospect that was both intriguing and terrifying! He kept watch for the elusive dancer, however, it seemed that she had disappeared for the night.

The festivities finally began to wind down as the first blush of dawn appeared on the horizon. The few dragons remaining wandered off to find sleep, and the young dragon was finally allowed to do so as well. As he laid down on his pallet, he felt happy and satisfied. As he drifted off to sleep, he thought to himself, “I am a Witchborne descendant, and I belong in the Uaithne clan. My name is Ciaran!”
tumblr_inline_o21bmtn7Oz1r3lvtf_400.png
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
@WolfandCrow Ooooh I've heard of Dybbuk boxes, man those are scary xD

@Disillusionist that. WAS. AWESOMEEEEE eeeeeeeee I'm so glad she has a place in the Tower of Drabel! Can't wait to hear more of her adventures!

@Juxta13 WHOOOO Welcome Ciaran! That was such a good read! We'll most certainly be expecting him soon within the lineage!
@WolfandCrow Ooooh I've heard of Dybbuk boxes, man those are scary xD

@Disillusionist that. WAS. AWESOMEEEEE eeeeeeeee I'm so glad she has a place in the Tower of Drabel! Can't wait to hear more of her adventures!

@Juxta13 WHOOOO Welcome Ciaran! That was such a good read! We'll most certainly be expecting him soon within the lineage!
shadow_shield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4e.png
N O V A I M P E R O S
@BelialsWrath Thank you so much! She and her friends now form an integral part of the clan, so they'll definitely have more fun together in the future. xD Also decided it was only right to register Ouroboros. This takes some elements from the Dreamdancer lore group linked at the bottom of the post (though the two people in charge of the thread are unfortunately inactive now). ---------- [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31129731][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=31129731&skin=28206&apparel=28800,28801,5399,28803,26280,769,25048,6527,351,27150,25929,28150,17132&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Dv7rZZ7.png[/img] [font=Mistral][size=7]Ouroboros[/size][/font] [font=Georgia][color=#A5A5A5][i][b]~ Creature ~[/b] Classification: Dangerous[/i][/color][/font] ----- [font=Georgia][b]Everyone must sleep -- eventually. And that is when the Dreamdancer comes. A black shape flitting through dreamscapes, staining them with her darkness and turning them into nightmares. The pain, the fear, she takes them...The wreckage of destroyed dreams weighs upon the sleepers' minds. They bloom into unease, distrust, and hate...and night by night, the Shade's influence on Sornieth grows ever stronger.[/b][/font][/center][/columns] ------ [font=Georgia][size=4][color=#8D8D8D]The Shade had not been destroyed. Fragments of it fell to Sornieth in a deadly rain, and they burrowed beneath the ground like marauding worms. One of them found its way to the Cathedral of Eyes. It stayed in the Catacombs, feeding on the despair, agony, and misery of the fairies' and demons' victims. So much sorrow, so much pain...As the years passed, it grew strong. It could only do so much while it was a bodiless fragment, however. It needed a corporeal host. The eggs of Icarus and Minotaur were heavy with fear, for they were afraid of raising their children in such a dark and dismal place. And so the Shade fragment found these. The first egg it touched, it burrowed into. It lodged itself in the developing hatchling, and it was firmly embedded in her mind at her birth. And so it began whispering of chaos and corruption.... The Shade grew used to its host. It became familiar with her moods, her movements, her mind. Soon it was strong and comfortable enough to take over the child's body. Only for short periods of time -- but that was all the fragment needed to wreak havoc, destroying anything it could get its claws on, savagely attacking the hatchling's parents and siblings. There was little the fragment could do when Kundalini, exhausted, finally fell asleep. But soon it cracked open the doors of her mind, and so even in sleep, Kundalini was tormented, her dreams twisted into terrifying nightmares. The fragment detected Kundalini's desire to hold on to her sense of self, and in mockery it named itself Ouroboros. By then it understood other dragons enough to peer into their minds -- and it found its way into their dreams. These, too, it transformed into nightmares. The sleepers' tranquility was replaced by panic, one of the many emotions that Ouroboros fed on. And feed it did. At dawn it returned to Kundalini's mind, sharing with her its memories of those other dragons' nightmares. Their fears became her own, and Ouroboros continued gorging itself on terror well past sunrise. The Oneironauts, however, soon appeared to fight Ouroboros. Ouroboros has often been confounded by them, but then, it has weathered defeat before. It is patient. It will endure....[/color] [color=#636268]In the meantime, there are still other dragons to feed on. Other sleepers...The Dreamwalkers, including those among the Witchborne, present a unique challenge to it, but it enjoys taunting them all the same. Until they learn to fight back against Ouroboros, they remain prey. They are only dragons, after all -- and like all other dragons, they, too, are just as susceptible to the dark influence of the Shade.[/color][/size][/font] [right][font=Georgia][color=#8D8D8D][i]~ also inspired by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2476507]Dreamdancer[/url] headcanon with mentions of characters by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/149080]awaicu[/url][/color][/font]
@BelialsWrath Thank you so much! She and her friends now form an integral part of the clan, so they'll definitely have more fun together in the future. xD

Also decided it was only right to register Ouroboros. This takes some elements from the Dreamdancer lore group linked at the bottom of the post (though the two people in charge of the thread are unfortunately inactive now).

dragon?did=31129731&skin=28206&apparel=28800,28801,5399,28803,26280,769,25048,6527,351,27150,25929,28150,17132&xt=dressing.png
Dv7rZZ7.png
Ouroboros
~ Creature ~
Classification: Dangerous

Everyone must sleep -- eventually. And that is when the Dreamdancer comes. A black shape flitting through dreamscapes, staining them with her darkness and turning them into nightmares. The pain, the fear, she takes them...The wreckage of destroyed dreams weighs upon the sleepers' minds. They bloom into unease, distrust, and hate...and night by night, the Shade's influence on Sornieth grows ever stronger.

The Shade had not been destroyed. Fragments of it fell to Sornieth in a deadly rain, and they burrowed beneath the ground like marauding worms. One of them found its way to the Cathedral of Eyes. It stayed in the Catacombs, feeding on the despair, agony, and misery of the fairies' and demons' victims. So much sorrow, so much pain...As the years passed, it grew strong. It could only do so much while it was a bodiless fragment, however. It needed a corporeal host.

The eggs of Icarus and Minotaur were heavy with fear, for they were afraid of raising their children in such a dark and dismal place. And so the Shade fragment found these. The first egg it touched, it burrowed into. It lodged itself in the developing hatchling, and it was firmly embedded in her mind at her birth. And so it began whispering of chaos and corruption....

The Shade grew used to its host. It became familiar with her moods, her movements, her mind. Soon it was strong and comfortable enough to take over the child's body. Only for short periods of time -- but that was all the fragment needed to wreak havoc, destroying anything it could get its claws on, savagely attacking the hatchling's parents and siblings. There was little the fragment could do when Kundalini, exhausted, finally fell asleep. But soon it cracked open the doors of her mind, and so even in sleep, Kundalini was tormented, her dreams twisted into terrifying nightmares.

The fragment detected Kundalini's desire to hold on to her sense of self, and in mockery it named itself Ouroboros. By then it understood other dragons enough to peer into their minds -- and it found its way into their dreams. These, too, it transformed into nightmares. The sleepers' tranquility was replaced by panic, one of the many emotions that Ouroboros fed on. And feed it did. At dawn it returned to Kundalini's mind, sharing with her its memories of those other dragons' nightmares. Their fears became her own, and Ouroboros continued gorging itself on terror well past sunrise.

The Oneironauts, however, soon appeared to fight Ouroboros. Ouroboros has often been confounded by them, but then, it has weathered defeat before. It is patient. It will endure....

In the meantime, there are still other dragons to feed on. Other sleepers...The Dreamwalkers, including those among the Witchborne, present a unique challenge to it, but it enjoys taunting them all the same. Until they learn to fight back against Ouroboros, they remain prey. They are only dragons, after all -- and like all other dragons, they, too, are just as susceptible to the dark influence of the Shade.

~ also inspired by Dreamdancer headcanon
with mentions of characters by awaicu
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52612403] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/526125/52612403_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Dv7rZZ7.png[/img] [font=Mistral][size=7]Tenko Kitsune[/size][/font] [font=Georgia][color=#A5A5A5][i][b]~ Creature ~[/b] Classification: Neutral/Powerful[/i][/color][/font] ----- [font=Georgia][b]My curse will not be my end. I will be remembered; until then...[/b][/font] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/6de71c6738de7ee990d00681b6c77886/tumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco10_75sq.png[/img][/center][/columns] ------ [columns] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2164644#post_2164644][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8e54b9423fbff3e377a33b882a1505bf/tumblr_oogzcyBgd51ubdcz1o1_100.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [font=Georgia][size=4][color=#8D8D8D][b]Tenko[/b] These foxes have reached their 1,000 year and are at the height of their power. It takes a very long time for a dragon-kitsune to reach this level and their strength is rightly feared and respected. These ancient nine-tails are even said to have the power to visit the dead. [b]Cursed Variant:[/b] This rare breed of Tenko is formed through tragedy and power. Cursed Tenko are a Tenko whose enemies have either managed to curse them for some misdeed or their souls have been warped. Cursed Tenko are both seekers of redemption and swords of vengeance - it is difficult to tell which one is which and so they are often avoided. Some Tenko clans go to great lengths to aid cursed Tenko who seek an antidote and imprison those who have fallen. It is not uncommon for a cursed Tenko to experience changes in eye color or forms of hetrochromia as they struggle to find a cure. All cursed Tenko retain their nine tails.[/columns] [font=Georgia][size=4][color=#8D8D8D]A prophecy foretold of a marked child who will be the downfall of a great dynasty, but Kiyoko was raised to be every bit of the kitsune she was supposed to be. Born under a full moon, with the rare color of blood gracing her name, she was born to be the next high priestess of their temple. Nary was a mark upon her gleaming hide, but she never gave a thought about it, the welfare of the clan much heavier than the swathes of vanity. She valued duty, and had an exquisite taste in the arts as influenced by her mother and sisters. Her father, skilled with strategy, had her work with artisans much older than her, even those who were war-gifted, to know and gather more reasonable and realistic knowledge of their world, and that of overlapping Sornieth. She was beloved. But before her one thousandth birthday, Kyo’s looking glass shattered, maiming her left eye and had rendered her blind ever since. It wasn’t easy concealing it just before her naming day, but she managed to, but with suspicion garnered from her jealous sister. It wasn’t long before those suspicions soon wheedled out their way into becoming poisonous rumours, not with Kyo’s mother’s failing health. It was proved to be poison, and for it to be the rumour of a plot to unseat the head of their clan so that Kyo could take over immediately. The gathering transgressions and accusations against Kiyoko had a power of their own, slowly subduing the kitsune until all the words had caused her hide to slowly disintegrate. Such were the power of words, and Kiyoko was forced to fled the haven she called home, the metallic shine that she once prided upon to have slowly turning drab, her colours darkening as she descended into Sornieth, the land she knew she could only escape to now, the colour of her eye never fading like her skin as if to remind her that she was indeed the last pureblood of her line, never the destroyer, but the liberator who would come back, one day...

52612403_350.png
Dv7rZZ7.png
Tenko Kitsune
~ Creature ~
Classification: Neutral/Powerful

My curse will not be my end.
I will be remembered;
until then...

tumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco10_75sq.png

tumblr_oogzcyBgd51ubdcz1o1_100.png Tenko
These foxes have reached their 1,000 year and are at the height of their power. It takes a very long time for a dragon-kitsune to reach this level and their strength is rightly feared and respected. These ancient nine-tails are even said to have the power to visit the dead.

Cursed Variant:
This rare breed of Tenko is formed through tragedy and power. Cursed Tenko are a Tenko whose enemies have either managed to curse them for some misdeed or their souls have been warped. Cursed Tenko are both seekers of redemption and swords of vengeance - it is difficult to tell which one is which and so they are often avoided. Some Tenko clans go to great lengths to aid cursed Tenko who seek an antidote and imprison those who have fallen. It is not uncommon for a cursed Tenko to experience changes in eye color or forms of hetrochromia as they struggle to find a cure. All cursed Tenko retain their nine tails.

A prophecy foretold of a marked child who will be the downfall of a great dynasty, but Kiyoko was raised to be every bit of the kitsune she was supposed to be. Born under a full moon, with the rare color of blood gracing her name, she was born to be the next high priestess of their temple. Nary was a mark upon her gleaming hide, but she never gave a thought about it, the welfare of the clan much heavier than the swathes of vanity.

She valued duty, and had an exquisite taste in the arts as influenced by her mother and sisters. Her father, skilled with strategy, had her work with artisans much older than her, even those who were war-gifted, to know and gather more reasonable and realistic knowledge of their world, and that of overlapping Sornieth. She was beloved.

But before her one thousandth birthday, Kyo’s looking glass shattered, maiming her left eye and had rendered her blind ever since. It wasn’t easy concealing it just before her naming day, but she managed to, but with suspicion garnered from her jealous sister.

It wasn’t long before those suspicions soon wheedled out their way into becoming poisonous rumours, not with Kyo’s mother’s failing health. It was proved to be poison, and for it to be the rumour of a plot to unseat the head of their clan so that Kyo could take over immediately. The gathering transgressions and accusations against Kiyoko had a power of their own, slowly subduing the kitsune until all the words had caused her hide to slowly disintegrate.

Such were the power of words, and Kiyoko was forced to fled the haven she called home, the metallic shine that she once prided upon to have slowly turning drab, her colours darkening as she descended into Sornieth, the land she knew she could only escape to now, the colour of her eye never fading like her skin as if to remind her that she was indeed the last pureblood of her line, never the destroyer, but the liberator who would come back, one day...
Baubled-Candles_Deirdre.gif
The Candlemaker: Hiatus...
~ Silva
~ Scorpio
~ She/Them, Bi
~ Steadily growing Pixel Artist
~ Stuttering, starting law student
[columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/50PgBh7k/52049118-350.png[/img] [nextcol] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Dv7rZZ7.png[/img] [font=Mistral][size=7]Diwata[/size][/font] [font=Georgia][color=#A5A5A5][i][b]~ Creature ~[/b] Classification: Benevolent[/i][/color][/font] ----- [font=Georgia][b]” Welcome to my home. Help yourself to the fruits. Eat as much as you can but I’m warning you not to take anything home without my knowledge.” [/b][/font][/center][/columns] ------ [font=Georgia][size=4][color=#8D8D8D]Although there are numerous and varied accounts as to what they should look like, these sprites are beautiful and seemingly ageless at that—save for some distinct characteristics: like the way they blend into the foliage of their mountain domain, that their skin is the color of supple leaves drenched in sunlight. They are superior in beauty, in knowledge, and in fighting skills. They are prayed to and given offerings to grant requests and to answer prayers, as they are believed to have been made by a deity to guide the creation of the world, being crafters of nature's wild beauty, from the growing of trees, flowers and shrubs, to the nurture of wild animals and birds, and the formation of grottos, springs, brooks and wetlands. Oftentimes, when a lone traveller gets lost in their wood, they are generous enough to guide them, along with bringing them refreshments or even powerful artefacts that may aid them in their journeys. But when angered, diwatas are not to be trifled with; their curses equating to those of deities long past.
52049118-350.png
Dv7rZZ7.png
Diwata
~ Creature ~
Classification: Benevolent

” Welcome to my home. Help yourself to the fruits. Eat as much as you can but I’m warning you not to take anything home without my knowledge.”

Although there are numerous and varied accounts as to what they should look like, these sprites are beautiful and seemingly ageless at that—save for some distinct characteristics: like the way they blend into the foliage of their mountain domain, that their skin is the color of supple leaves drenched in sunlight. They are superior in beauty, in knowledge, and in fighting skills. They are prayed to and given offerings to grant requests and to answer prayers, as they are believed to have been made by a deity to guide the creation of the world, being crafters of nature's wild beauty, from the growing of trees, flowers and shrubs, to the nurture of wild animals and birds, and the formation of grottos, springs, brooks and wetlands.

Oftentimes, when a lone traveller gets lost in their wood, they are generous enough to guide them, along with bringing them refreshments or even powerful artefacts that may aid them in their journeys. But when angered, diwatas are not to be trifled with; their curses equating to those of deities long past.
~ Silva
~ Scorpio
~ She/Them, Bi
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52895322] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528954/52895322_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Dv7rZZ7.png[/img] [font=Mistral][size=7]Nightspinner[/size][/font] [font=Georgia][color=#A5A5A5][i][b]~ Creature ~[/b] Classification: Neutral[/i][/color][/font] ----- [font=Georgia][b]"Be careful of what you tell people. A friend today could be an enemy tomorrow."[/b][/font][/center][/columns] ------ [font=Georgia][size=4][color=#8D8D8D] Nightspinners are an elusive, feral kind of dragon that originates from the Starwood Strand. Many beleive the Nightspinners are a myth, but others have been lucky enough to catch the rare glimpse of the fleeting breed. The Nightspinners are born with a powerful magical force within their bodies. They can cast illusions and spells that would take normal dragons years to learn from the moment they open their eyes after birth. As Nightspinners grow older, their already powerful magic grows even stronger. At full maturiy, a Nightspinner can appear and disappear at will, cast multiple illusions at a time, and even alter the minds of other dragons if needed. They were first created on accident, born in an Arcane clan that didn't expect a surge in the magical forces around their nests. Once the hatchlings were born, their parents only got to gaze upon them before they disappeared before their parents' very eyes, never to be seen by the clan again.... until one day.. or night, because they are a nocturnal subspecies.

52895322_350.png
Dv7rZZ7.png
Nightspinner
~ Creature ~
Classification: Neutral

"Be careful of what you tell people.
A friend today
could be an enemy
tomorrow."

Nightspinners are an elusive, feral kind of dragon that originates from the Starwood Strand. Many beleive the Nightspinners are a myth, but others have been lucky enough to catch the rare glimpse of the fleeting breed.

The Nightspinners are born with a powerful magical force within their bodies. They can cast illusions and spells that would take normal dragons years to learn from the moment they open their eyes after birth. As Nightspinners grow older, their already powerful magic grows even stronger. At full maturiy, a Nightspinner can appear and disappear at will, cast multiple illusions at a time, and even alter the minds of other dragons if needed.

They were first created on accident, born in an Arcane clan that didn't expect a surge in the magical forces around their nests. Once the hatchlings were born, their parents only got to gaze upon them before they disappeared before their parents' very eyes, never to be seen by the clan again.... until one day.. or night, because they are a nocturnal subspecies.
~ Silva
~ Scorpio
~ She/Them, Bi
[columns] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53213012][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/532131/53213012.png[/img] Cyratrius[/url][/center] [nextcol] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/PxK0X1qh/Fanncy-avatar-border-top.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/2ysGr5nr/Pointing-right.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/kCXJa1Z.png[/img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/WzF8BZF5/Pointing-left.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/FRnGCpRf/odds-80x16.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/m8Yb8Q5.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/5NQKGh8f/hanging-top-175x80.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46989050][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/469891/46989050.png[/img] Hanzjel[/url][/center][/columns] [font=Garamond][size=5]It had been a cold night, from the storms that gathered nearby, and it had been four nights ever since Greteel had left the precipices of the Crystalspine to meet with a delegation that included an emperor. He had agreed to stay behind and look after the clan of Aetheatra in her stead, and conclude over the clan's leaving dragons. Outside the bejeweled caves and tunnels the clan had made their home in, Hanzjel stretched out his wings and yawned, his maw opening wide and clouding against the nippy temperature. He was getting too indulgent, he decided as he made his way down the cliffs and to the forest that scaped between the Starfall Isles and the Scarred Wasteland. [i]Too indulgent on those onyx cobras[/i], he huffed as he unfurled out his wings and took to the inky sky. But at once he had taken to the air, the dragon's body shivered as if he had passed through a thick, electric barrier. He certainly could smell the shock in the humid air, just as heavy clouds once again took over the sky. The wind buffeted him backward, and brought the keening sounds of anguish just as his gaze fell unto a green glow flickering through a thickly wooded glen. Landing as quietly as he can, Hanzjel's gaze soon washed over the slender trees of Starfall Isles, but instead of its healthy dark wood, the surfaces of the trees that greeted his sight were pockmarked with oozing, radioactive neon cracks. Clawmarks, broken boughs and a deep indent on the ground signified a crash landing. Of something, he did not know. "[b]There is something abroad[/b]," a deep voice rumbled, and a dragon moved from the foliage. Hanzjel bowed slightly to the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53213012]Starwood Guardian[/url] who slowly lumbered beside him. "[b]You need to banish it before this toxic magic spreads.[/b]" "Cyra. You have seen it already?" The Witchborne inquired, looking at the guardian who blended so well with the forest. The other dragon nodded once. "Perhaps you could help me then," Hanzjel looked towards the badly scuffled dirt then back at Cyra, who regarded him quietly. "[b]I am only tasked with guarding the forest, Hanzjel, Hunter of the North. Whatever it is that doesn't concern this forest is well out of my reach. The task is up to you, and you alone.[/b]" Hanzjel immediately kept his maw snapped shut in fear and mortification that he might say something inappropriate. He only nodded and watched as the guardian once again faded from view, although he could still hear their heavy footsteps lumbering away; and turned towards the opposite direction, where the leafy debris lay even more chaotically. The runes on the Witchborne's skin began glowing brighter and brighter as he approached the crater that formed deep within the earth. His attention was turned towards a dark shape, green bolts of static emanating from its surface now and then. "[i]Perithiae obscurem[/i]," he whispered- And stopped, as the shape opened eyes that glowed catlike. A small hiss followed, then a cough as Hanzjel backed away from the dragon, a nocturne, whose body he can now clearly see, was battered and laced with the same neon lines that veined the trees. The nocturne's gaze bored into him, and she uttered a low whine of distress. Hanjel looked around the darkened clearing, uttered a rune of light and slowly approached the dragon just as soon as bright orbs that separated from his body chased the darkness away. "[i]. . . -se. . . Please. . .Spare the-. . .them. . .[/i]" The Witchborne paused. The nocturne's voice sounded mechanical, almost monotone-like, but of a broken toy. He had heard of such beings, [i]Homunculi[/i], from one of his many travels, but there were only rare chances that they would venture this far up in Sornieth. "What happened to you?" Hanzjel reached out slowly, and plucked at her damaged wing. The nocturne made another keening sound and wriggled away from him. "[i]Magic. Poi- ... Poisoned. Too. Much. Spare . . . them. . . Instead.[/i]" Hanzjel's eyes widened as three more pairs of eyes looked up at him as the nocturne lifted up her other wing. What he thought was just a bundle of belongings were three hatchlings, so miniscule that he didn't even register they were alive at first. "[i]Take them . . . Please.[/i]" "I-" "[i]Please don't let them suffer- them suffer the . . . same - same way I did.[/i]" A particular throbbing vein of green that encompassed the nocturne's throat seemed to thicken and pulse menacingly, and Hanzjel's claws darted forward, dragging the hatchlings away from the nocturne before the vein reared and sliced into the space where they had just been. The hatchlings chirruped shrilly as the Witchborne hugged them close to his chest just as their dying mother began to convulse. The smell of burning flesh and sulfur began to permeat the already humid air, making Hanzjel's body shudder, moving his wing to cover the hatchlings from the gruesome image that began to unfold. The nocturne's yellow eyes began to shine brightly like beacons, her claws tracting and retracting as green and yellow energy flickered around her skin, dipping into her as if she was nothing but water from which it frolicked upon like a playful thing. "[b]Leave.[/b]" Cyra reappeared at Hanzjel's side, the guardian's familiar bulk chasing away the doubt in Hanzjel's mind. "[b]Now. We will contain this.[/b]." Four more figures appeared at each cardinal point of the crater. "Commemorate her," Hanzjel said at last, before he began having second thoughts again and spread his wings, taking to the sky, his three new charges staring up at him with the same golden eyes their mother had. There was only one place where he knew he could go. [center][img] https://i.postimg.cc/8zhKkLy3/Hor-divider-400.png[/img][/center] [font=Garamond][size=5]Up and up he flew, until he burst out of the swathes of storm clouds and reached to the stars, starting to fly south of the moon. Soon he could see the red glare of lava vents flowing down below, the usually chill night air warming up. Hanzjel circled around the vents until he found a familiar outcropping, and landed there, at the mouth of another cave. There was a string of various elements strung up on the mouth; Greteel and his pair feathers, a sharp gleaming tip of quartz, a river pebble which had a hole bored into the middle and an arrowhead, which steel shone brightly silver against the red glow. This cave was where Greteel had made a nest, being close to the element of fire, and he was relieved that there were no signs of disturbance. Hanzjel passed the threshold, shivering as the wards of his mate washed over him in familiar greeting and walked in deeper, the air cooling as he did. The cave yawned wide into a cavern, and he approached what looked like an elevated dais scratched with more runes. Here he placed the hatchlings, who all looked up at him with such wide eyes. Here was responsibility, here was pride. These children had a greater part to play as fate and destiny would have it, that at least Hanzjel understood. But for that to happen, they had to live. He bit at his claw until blood flowed, three ruby drops on each hatchling's head. [center]"[font=Garamond][size=5][i]Gods of our home, gods of our hearth, today I present you with someone new. They are and shall be known members of our family, and this is their new home. I ask you to welcome them, I ask you to love them, I ask you to protect them, I ask you to bless them. Behold their fates, their lives much greater than my own.[/i]"[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53620374][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/536204/53620374.png[/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53620375][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/536204/53620375.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53620376][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/536204/53620376.png[/img][/url] [/center] [center][img] https://i.postimg.cc/8zhKkLy3/Hor-divider-400.png[/img] [size=2]@Disillusionist @Harana @Jaspernoir @WolfAndCrow @Juxta13 @EmpressSectonia @awaicu @Wystaria @Tues @Petall @TextbookHumor @sarimvnok @LoyalStar @Maevepanda @SkylaDownfall12 @MaplesHaiku @Eiyora @Kisk @Bogsneaky @DemonChild77 @Chingling @napstabl00k @Azukar @blackcrowking @Silwyna @QueenOfSupports @norvester @Shadowfire1223 @KiTea @Blightwyrm @Alicefireflies @dragongem23 @Hawlucha @Snowki @RogueDemon @VoxxVoleur @demonslayr62 @Juneun @LilyRaven @nonbibarry @OSierraSoulO @CosmicFalcon @Hnai @FelinaeFatale @mstrashprincess[/size][/center] [font=Garamond][size=5]Hi guys! Forgive me for the small hiatus but I finally got through my job IRL (ya girl's finally an official staff member! ^^) Posting of these kids ([u]the first one I will keep as a permababy[/u]) are late because I needed to get the story out, and to make way to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2578575#post_2578575]Homunculi Subspecies[/url] by @HenryJekyll and the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2673917#post_2673917]Starwood Guardians[/url] by @Starcloud of whom the Witchborne are glad to be affiliates with, finally! I also had to time it for the Thundercrack Carnivale, of whom me and my brother thought really fitting for this brood. These kids, of which I've dubbed the Scintillae Brood, have their own little details changed to add in their Homunculi heritage, which you could check out on their link to cater to their personalities, although they come from a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52364255]mother[/url] of an Unstable Sponge/Natural Hybrid type. That's all for now, the other two hatchlings shall be posted soon. Have a good day and good luck in the carnivale! [emoji=lightning rune size=1][emoji=lightning rune size=1][emoji=lightning rune size=1]
Fanncy-avatar-border-top.png
Pointing-right.pngkCXJa1Z.pngPointing-left.png
odds-80x16.png
m8Yb8Q5.png
hanging-top-175x80.png
It had been a cold night, from the storms that gathered nearby, and it had been four nights ever since Greteel had left the precipices of the Crystalspine to meet with a delegation that included an emperor. He had agreed to stay behind and look after the clan of Aetheatra in her stead, and conclude over the clan's leaving dragons.

Outside the bejeweled caves and tunnels the clan had made their home in, Hanzjel stretched out his wings and yawned, his maw opening wide and clouding against the nippy temperature. He was getting too indulgent, he decided as he made his way down the cliffs and to the forest that scaped between the Starfall Isles and the Scarred Wasteland. Too indulgent on those onyx cobras, he huffed as he unfurled out his wings and took to the inky sky.

But at once he had taken to the air, the dragon's body shivered as if he had passed through a thick, electric barrier. He certainly could smell the shock in the humid air, just as heavy clouds once again took over the sky.

The wind buffeted him backward, and brought the keening sounds of anguish just as his gaze fell unto a green glow flickering through a thickly wooded glen.

Landing as quietly as he can, Hanzjel's gaze soon washed over the slender trees of Starfall Isles, but instead of its healthy dark wood, the surfaces of the trees that greeted his sight were pockmarked with oozing, radioactive neon cracks. Clawmarks, broken boughs and a deep indent on the ground signified a crash landing.

Of something, he did not know.

"There is something abroad," a deep voice rumbled, and a dragon moved from the foliage. Hanzjel bowed slightly to the Starwood Guardian who slowly lumbered beside him. "You need to banish it before this toxic magic spreads."

"Cyra. You have seen it already?" The Witchborne inquired, looking at the guardian who blended so well with the forest. The other dragon nodded once.

"Perhaps you could help me then," Hanzjel looked towards the badly scuffled dirt then back at Cyra, who regarded him quietly.

"I am only tasked with guarding the forest, Hanzjel, Hunter of the North. Whatever it is that doesn't concern this forest is well out of my reach. The task is up to you, and you alone."

Hanzjel immediately kept his maw snapped shut in fear and mortification that he might say something inappropriate. He only nodded and watched as the guardian once again faded from view, although he could still hear their heavy footsteps lumbering away; and turned towards the opposite direction, where the leafy debris lay even more chaotically.

The runes on the Witchborne's skin began glowing brighter and brighter as he approached the crater that formed deep within the earth. His attention was turned towards a dark shape, green bolts of static emanating from its surface now and then.

"Perithiae obscurem," he whispered-

And stopped, as the shape opened eyes that glowed catlike. A small hiss followed, then a cough as Hanzjel backed away from the dragon, a nocturne, whose body he can now clearly see, was battered and laced with the same neon lines that veined the trees.

The nocturne's gaze bored into him, and she uttered a low whine of distress. Hanjel looked around the darkened clearing, uttered a rune of light and slowly approached the dragon just as soon as bright orbs that separated from his body chased the darkness away.

". . . -se. . . Please. . .Spare the-. . .them. . ."

The Witchborne paused. The nocturne's voice sounded mechanical, almost monotone-like, but of a broken toy. He had heard of such beings, Homunculi, from one of his many travels, but there were only rare chances that they would venture this far up in Sornieth.

"What happened to you?" Hanzjel reached out slowly, and plucked at her damaged wing. The nocturne made another keening sound and wriggled away from him.

"Magic. Poi- ... Poisoned. Too. Much. Spare . . . them. . . Instead."

Hanzjel's eyes widened as three more pairs of eyes looked up at him as the nocturne lifted up her other wing. What he thought was just a bundle of belongings were three hatchlings, so miniscule that he didn't even register they were alive at first.

"Take them . . . Please."

"I-"

"Please don't let them suffer- them suffer the . . . same - same way I did."

A particular throbbing vein of green that encompassed the nocturne's throat seemed to thicken and pulse menacingly, and Hanzjel's claws darted forward, dragging the hatchlings away from the nocturne before the vein reared and sliced into the space where they had just been.

The hatchlings chirruped shrilly as the Witchborne hugged them close to his chest just as their dying mother began to convulse. The smell of burning flesh and sulfur began to permeat the already humid air, making Hanzjel's body shudder, moving his wing to cover the hatchlings from the gruesome image that began to unfold.

The nocturne's yellow eyes began to shine brightly like beacons, her claws tracting and retracting as green and yellow energy flickered around her skin, dipping into her as if she was nothing but water from which it frolicked upon like a playful thing.

"Leave." Cyra reappeared at Hanzjel's side, the guardian's familiar bulk chasing away the doubt in Hanzjel's mind. "Now. We will contain this.." Four more figures appeared at each cardinal point of the crater.

"Commemorate her," Hanzjel said at last, before he began having second thoughts again and spread his wings, taking to the sky, his three new charges staring up at him with the same golden eyes their mother had.

There was only one place where he knew he could go.

Hor-divider-400.png

Up and up he flew, until he burst out of the swathes of storm clouds and reached to the stars, starting to fly south of the moon. Soon he could see the red glare of lava vents flowing down below, the usually chill night air warming up. Hanzjel circled around the vents until he found a familiar outcropping, and landed there, at the mouth of another cave.

There was a string of various elements strung up on the mouth; Greteel and his pair feathers, a sharp gleaming tip of quartz, a river pebble which had a hole bored into the middle and an arrowhead, which steel shone brightly silver against the red glow. This cave was where Greteel had made a nest, being close to the element of fire, and he was relieved that there were no signs of disturbance.

Hanzjel passed the threshold, shivering as the wards of his mate washed over him in familiar greeting and walked in deeper, the air cooling as he did. The cave yawned wide into a cavern, and he approached what looked like an elevated dais scratched with more runes.

Here he placed the hatchlings, who all looked up at him with such wide eyes. Here was responsibility, here was pride. These children had a greater part to play as fate and destiny would have it, that at least Hanzjel understood. But for that to happen, they had to live.

He bit at his claw until blood flowed, three ruby drops on each hatchling's head.

"Gods of our home, gods of our hearth,
today I present you with someone new.
They are and shall be known members of our family,
and this is their new home.
I ask you to welcome them,
I ask you to love them,
I ask you to protect them,
I ask you to bless them.
Behold their fates, their lives
much greater than my own.
"
53620374.png53620375.png53620376.png

Hi guys! Forgive me for the small hiatus but I finally got through my job IRL (ya girl's finally an official staff member! ^^) Posting of these kids (the first one I will keep as a permababy) are late because I needed to get the story out, and to make way to the Homunculi Subspecies by @HenryJekyll and the Starwood Guardians by @Starcloud of whom the Witchborne are glad to be affiliates with, finally! I also had to time it for the Thundercrack Carnivale, of whom me and my brother thought really fitting for this brood.

These kids, of which I've dubbed the Scintillae Brood, have their own little details changed to add in their Homunculi heritage, which you could check out on their link to cater to their personalities, although they come from a mother of an Unstable Sponge/Natural Hybrid type.

That's all for now, the other two hatchlings shall be posted soon. Have a good day and good luck in the carnivale!
~ Silva
~ Scorpio
~ She/Them, Bi
@LaSilva007
Hey this looks great! Thanks for pinging me :D
@LaSilva007
Hey this looks great! Thanks for pinging me :D
grQU96J.png