Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Open!] The Dreamdancers - A Lore Group
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The Dreamdancers
An Open Lore Group

There are dreams that only skydancers have. Odd, bizarre dreams. Dreams that don't just leave and go like a breeze. Dreams that linger and stay until the end of time, which will be never. Saia, the goddess of dreams and nightmares, sends these to Skydancers through their stones, thinking it will toughen them. The dreams of males happen more often, while the dreams of females are longer and more vivid. Skydancers have a name for these special phenomenons... "terrors". They call them these because they are afraid of receiving them. The reason? They will never stop as soon as you have your first one, and they start turning you into a... monster. A dreamdancer. ŸØÛ WILL NEVER WÆKÊ UP.

Other dragons may know of odd, almost uncanny dreams that they have. These can happen to any dragon, no matter the circumstance. They are not terrors, but still seem to be especially strange. The topics included in these occurrences often include specific dates, events, other dragons, prophecies, and other unusual topics that one may never think about. Some theorize that these are messages from the gods, but they are not. The cause for these are the dreamdancers. They transform into their dream form before toying with the dreams of others. Some dreamdancers terrify their victims; others with purer hearts teach them and help them. If you have one of these dreams, you can be certain you are a dreamdancer's prey, or perhaps their apprentice. Sometimes, when the ones with negative hearts start preying on the emotions on their victims, Jemmai comes in and takes their memories, turning them into puppets. She feeds the Dreamdancers the memories. And once they have eaten enough of your fear and other feelings... ÿöù will be an empty HÚŠK of yourself.
There are skydancers that have had their terror, but cleansed themselves of it before the horrific effects settled in for good. These are called "The Wasters" by the Dreamdancers, for they view them as dragons who had thrown something away that could have given them great power. Some Wasters have taken the initiative to hunt down Dreamdancers, causing great annoyance amongst them. However, the hunters' numbers are growing, and that mere annoyance may soon grow into genuine fear...

Despite the stereotype that all dreamdancers are wicked and mentally ill, this is a common misconception. There are many dreamdancers who vow to use their powers for good, and call themselves the guardians. Despite this, the "wasters", who call themselves the awoken, still hunt them anyways in any circumstance. Because of this, many good dreamdancers have gone into hiding, which is why one would mostly see evil dreamdancers.

Skydancers aren't the only species of dragon that can have terrors. Lately, Pearlcatchers have come out and confessed about nightmarish dreams they have been having, ever since their pearls began developing strange color, designs, and magical properties, which varied from pearlcatcher to pearlcatcher. This caused a wave of shock amongst skydancers, and they began to call these terror-struck pearlcatchers "Dreamcatchers". Although many have either become part of the dream cult or gone into hiding due to how they wanted to use their powers for good, some have come to despise their pearl and began to fear it.(edited)

Lore written by @GlitterDCMarvel, edited by @Pandella
The Dreamdancers
An Open Lore Group

There are dreams that only skydancers have. Odd, bizarre dreams. Dreams that don't just leave and go like a breeze. Dreams that linger and stay until the end of time, which will be never. Saia, the goddess of dreams and nightmares, sends these to Skydancers through their stones, thinking it will toughen them. The dreams of males happen more often, while the dreams of females are longer and more vivid. Skydancers have a name for these special phenomenons... "terrors". They call them these because they are afraid of receiving them. The reason? They will never stop as soon as you have your first one, and they start turning you into a... monster. A dreamdancer. ŸØÛ WILL NEVER WÆKÊ UP.

Other dragons may know of odd, almost uncanny dreams that they have. These can happen to any dragon, no matter the circumstance. They are not terrors, but still seem to be especially strange. The topics included in these occurrences often include specific dates, events, other dragons, prophecies, and other unusual topics that one may never think about. Some theorize that these are messages from the gods, but they are not. The cause for these are the dreamdancers. They transform into their dream form before toying with the dreams of others. Some dreamdancers terrify their victims; others with purer hearts teach them and help them. If you have one of these dreams, you can be certain you are a dreamdancer's prey, or perhaps their apprentice. Sometimes, when the ones with negative hearts start preying on the emotions on their victims, Jemmai comes in and takes their memories, turning them into puppets. She feeds the Dreamdancers the memories. And once they have eaten enough of your fear and other feelings... ÿöù will be an empty HÚŠK of yourself.
There are skydancers that have had their terror, but cleansed themselves of it before the horrific effects settled in for good. These are called "The Wasters" by the Dreamdancers, for they view them as dragons who had thrown something away that could have given them great power. Some Wasters have taken the initiative to hunt down Dreamdancers, causing great annoyance amongst them. However, the hunters' numbers are growing, and that mere annoyance may soon grow into genuine fear...

Despite the stereotype that all dreamdancers are wicked and mentally ill, this is a common misconception. There are many dreamdancers who vow to use their powers for good, and call themselves the guardians. Despite this, the "wasters", who call themselves the awoken, still hunt them anyways in any circumstance. Because of this, many good dreamdancers have gone into hiding, which is why one would mostly see evil dreamdancers.

Skydancers aren't the only species of dragon that can have terrors. Lately, Pearlcatchers have come out and confessed about nightmarish dreams they have been having, ever since their pearls began developing strange color, designs, and magical properties, which varied from pearlcatcher to pearlcatcher. This caused a wave of shock amongst skydancers, and they began to call these terror-struck pearlcatchers "Dreamcatchers". Although many have either become part of the dream cult or gone into hiding due to how they wanted to use their powers for good, some have come to despise their pearl and began to fear it.(edited)

Lore written by @GlitterDCMarvel, edited by @Pandella
[center][color=#666699][font=Century Gothic][size=6]Registering Your Skydancer (or Pearlcatcher!)[/size] [/font][/color][/center] [center]Any skydancer - and as of July 17, 2018, any Pearlcatcher! - can be registered as a dreamdancer/dreamcatcher, a husk, or a waster. To mark your dragon as a dreamdancer/dreamcatcher, put the following in their bio (deleting the spaces in the BBCode):[/center] [quote name=Bio][ url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2476507]Registered Dreamdancer/Dreamcatcher[ /url] [/quote] If you would like to register yours, then fill out the form below. @GlitterDCMarvel or I will get back to you shortly. You will be given the link to the official Dreamdancer Discord when you register. [quote name="Registration form"] Flight Rising Username: Flight Rising ID: Dreamdancer/Dreamcatcher, Husk, or Waster: Name: Gender: Image: Discord Username: [/quote]
Registering Your Skydancer (or Pearlcatcher!)

Any skydancer - and as of July 17, 2018, any Pearlcatcher! - can be registered as a dreamdancer/dreamcatcher, a husk, or a waster. To mark your dragon as a dreamdancer/dreamcatcher, put the following in their bio (deleting the spaces in the BBCode):
Bio wrote:
[ url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2476507]Registered Dreamdancer/Dreamcatcher[ /url]

If you would like to register yours, then fill out the form below. @GlitterDCMarvel or I will get back to you shortly. You will be given the link to the official Dreamdancer Discord when you register.
Registration form wrote:
Flight Rising Username:
Flight Rising ID:
Dreamdancer/Dreamcatcher, Husk, or Waster:
Name:
Discord Username:

Registered Dreamdancers

The Gods
Saia (Goddess of Dreams)
Jemmai (Goddess of Memories)

Leaders of the Dreamdancers
Amy
Hive

Other Dreamdancers/Dreamcatchers
Bluerunner
Impulse
Malware
Virus
Hallucination
Artemis (GlitterDCMarvel)
Substance
Mysteria
Cala
Sharice
Hypnosis
Moli (GlitterDCMarvel)
Nohaan
Eleanor
Swiftrunner
Elira
Lily
Senzoho
Antares
Moli (Pandella)
Magista
Catherine
Glitchrose
Kundalini
Keopi
Artemis (Raytini02)
Nightmare
Amatix
Amarissa
Mortis
Neysa
Ryth
Palutena
Utopia

Wasters
Frostweaver
Fizzpuff
Lune

Husks
Registered Dreamdancers

The Gods
Saia (Goddess of Dreams)
Jemmai (Goddess of Memories)

Leaders of the Dreamdancers
Amy
Hive

Other Dreamdancers/Dreamcatchers
Bluerunner
Impulse
Malware
Virus
Hallucination
Artemis (GlitterDCMarvel)
Substance
Mysteria
Cala
Sharice
Hypnosis
Moli (GlitterDCMarvel)
Nohaan
Eleanor
Swiftrunner
Elira
Lily
Senzoho
Antares
Moli (Pandella)
Magista
Catherine
Glitchrose
Kundalini
Keopi
Artemis (Raytini02)
Nightmare
Amatix
Amarissa
Mortis
Neysa
Ryth
Palutena
Utopia

Wasters
Frostweaver
Fizzpuff
Lune

Husks
Reserve
Reserve
@Pandella This is really interesting! I love the lore @GlitterDCMarvel wrote, and I think I might be able to use this in one of my dragons' stories later on. She's already got the dark and writhing shape alter-ago, anyway. May I register her? [quote]Flight Rising Username: Disillusionist Flight Rising ID: 254672 Skydancer's Name: Kundalini Skydancer's Gender: female Skydancer's Image: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31129731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311298/31129731_350.png[/img] [/url] Discord Username: (I haven't got one, sorry! My PC can't run Discord.)[/quote]
@Pandella This is really interesting! I love the lore @GlitterDCMarvel wrote, and I think I might be able to use this in one of my dragons' stories later on. She's already got the dark and writhing shape alter-ago, anyway.

May I register her?
Quote:
Flight Rising Username: Disillusionist
Flight Rising ID: 254672
Skydancer's Name: Kundalini
Skydancer's Gender: female
Skydancer's Image:

31129731_350.png

Discord Username: (I haven't got one, sorry! My PC can't run Discord.)
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
wAIT but Styx I don't lore
wAIT but Styx I don't lore
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
@Disillusionist
Hello! I do too - it's really, really good - and of course you may register! She's being added to the list now.
It's a shame your PC can't run Discord, but don't worry, anything that may happen there I'll notify you of, so you don't miss anything. Thanks for registering!
@Disillusionist
Hello! I do too - it's really, really good - and of course you may register! She's being added to the list now.
It's a shame your PC can't run Discord, but don't worry, anything that may happen there I'll notify you of, so you don't miss anything. Thanks for registering!
@Aquatic
dreamdancer
dreamwalker

(and on top of that, all you have to do is add "registered dreamdancer" to your skydancer too.)
@Aquatic
dreamdancer
dreamwalker

(and on top of that, all you have to do is add "registered dreamdancer" to your skydancer too.)
@Pandella Thank you so much; I really appreciate it! Being on an update pinglist would be great. I'm interested in seeing where this group goes. :D
@Pandella Thank you so much; I really appreciate it! Being on an update pinglist would be great. I'm interested in seeing where this group goes. :D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@pandella sniff
@pandella sniff
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8