Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | REMNANTS: Art Contest [WINNER P. 2!]
1 2
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2572200/1][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/1ec6/f/2018/323/3/0/remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png[/img][/url][/center] (click the banner above to check out the store!) [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bb88/f/2018/323/1/b/splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png[/img][/center] [b][size=150]Welcome to Remnants! [/size][/b] Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements! Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them! *** This is a contest to win your very own Remnant! Our students finally got the Ancient Device working and the result is... [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/babb/f/2018/323/f/d/airsummoncardnew_by_dembai-dcsefuz.png[/img] This is the Remnant of AIR. While this newly summoned form may look a little childish, this elemental is as old as what it represents. And in the case of AIR, that's VERY old indeed. Air enjoys art of all forms, so long as it gets its point across. [b]So this is an art contest FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS.[/b] Anyone can enter - the only requirement is that you create a piece of art showing this character in ANY alternate universe. (FR rules apply. [b]Needs to be your own art[/b]. Stick figures are fine. Use IMGUR or DeviantArt - not photobucket as it caps out too fast) Entrants will be judged on the creativity of their idea and how well they express it through their art. USE THIS FORM! [code] USERNAME: REMNANT'S NAME: (what will you call them?) DESCRIPTION OF AU: (less than 100 words) PICTURE: (for cereal, I'm not looking for the best art ever, lol) [/code] [b]CONTEST ENDS: NOV 30th @10am EST[/b] (Please don't change the size of your text to be smaller. I'm old and I need new glasses. Bigger is fine. lol)
remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png

(click the banner above to check out the store!)
splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png

Welcome to Remnants!

Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements!

Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them!

This is a contest to win your very own Remnant! Our students finally got the Ancient Device working and the result is...

airsummoncardnew_by_dembai-dcsefuz.png

This is the Remnant of AIR. While this newly summoned form may look a little childish, this elemental is as old as what it represents. And in the case of AIR, that's VERY old indeed.

Air enjoys art of all forms, so long as it gets its point across.

So this is an art contest FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS.

Anyone can enter - the only requirement is that you create a piece of art showing this character in ANY alternate universe. (FR rules apply. Needs to be your own art. Stick figures are fine. Use IMGUR or DeviantArt - not photobucket as it caps out too fast)

Entrants will be judged on the creativity of their idea and how well they express it through their art.

USE THIS FORM!
Code:
USERNAME: REMNANT'S NAME: (what will you call them?) DESCRIPTION OF AU: (less than 100 words) PICTURE: (for cereal, I'm not looking for the best art ever, lol)

CONTEST ENDS: NOV 30th @10am EST

(Please don't change the size of your text to be smaller. I'm old and I need new glasses. Bigger is fine. lol)
5gSLBV0.png
bump! (if this doesn't get any response, I may change the challenge to something easier - just because I want folks to be happy and such!)
bump! (if this doesn't get any response, I may change the challenge to something easier - just because I want folks to be happy and such!)
5gSLBV0.png
Ack! I want to do this... but I don't think I'll have time. Maybe I'll just bookmark it and see if I remember to do it later.
Ack! I want to do this... but I don't think I'll have time. Maybe I'll just bookmark it and see if I remember to do it later.
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
Interesting...
@Dembai How big is the air one? The size of a person? Smaller? Larger?
Interesting...
@Dembai How big is the air one? The size of a person? Smaller? Larger?
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[quote name="@Nettletea" date="2018-11-21 15:14:59" ] Interesting... Dembai How big is the air one? The size of a person? Smaller? Larger? [/quote] She's about 5'2" when she's "refined" (or full sized). about 3 feet (1 meter) when newly summoned. All of them should be considered to be basically human size. When they're newly summoned, they're much smaller, but they grow in size within a few weeks. They don't mature mentally - they're just...short. Most of them have been through this before (as remnants were common things to end up with when you were charging up your magic devices long ago), so being short for a bit isn't uncomfortable or scary, merely inconvenient.
@Nettletea wrote on 2018-11-21 15:14:59:
Interesting...
Dembai How big is the air one? The size of a person? Smaller? Larger?

She's about 5'2" when she's "refined" (or full sized). about 3 feet (1 meter) when newly summoned.

All of them should be considered to be basically human size. When they're newly summoned, they're much smaller, but they grow in size within a few weeks. They don't mature mentally - they're just...short. Most of them have been through this before (as remnants were common things to end up with when you were charging up your magic devices long ago), so being short for a bit isn't uncomfortable or scary, merely inconvenient.

5gSLBV0.png
bump! There's still a week left! If you have any questions about where you can easily get a drawing program or where you can make something for this contest, I'll be very happy to help!
bump! There's still a week left! If you have any questions about where you can easily get a drawing program or where you can make something for this contest, I'll be very happy to help!
5gSLBV0.png
bump!
bump!
5gSLBV0.png
Kinda surprised no one's submitted anything for this yet... USERNAME: Nettletea REMNANT'S NAME: Selphia DESCRIPTION OF AU: This is a world where everyone lives on the continent-sized branches of the giant World Tree. A few lucky people have magic powers, but most magic comes in the form of special crystals, which the children of the tree use to power machines. The girl in blue is a native of this world. She met selphia, and decided to play with her. PICTURE: [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/da05/f/2018/329/d/f/thing_by_shippyshipper-dcsveuv.png[/img]
Kinda surprised no one's submitted anything for this yet...
USERNAME: Nettletea
REMNANT'S NAME: Selphia
DESCRIPTION OF AU: This is a world where everyone lives on the continent-sized branches of the giant World Tree. A few lucky people have magic powers, but most magic comes in the form of special crystals, which the children of the tree use to power machines. The girl in blue is a native of this world. She met selphia, and decided to play with her.
PICTURE:
thing_by_shippyshipper-dcsveuv.png
@nettletea don't forget the little submission form!

But oh! very excited!
@nettletea don't forget the little submission form!

But oh! very excited!
5gSLBV0.png
@Dembai
Fixed, thank you for letting me know.
@Dembai
Fixed, thank you for letting me know.
1 2