Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Random character inspiration
So, usually I struggle with coming up with a new and exciting character when making one for myself. I just found a method that seems exciting and may work for you guys too!

So, first I go to a random number generator(random.org), and generate a random number. Keep that number in mind. Then I go to this cool color palette generator (colormind.io )and click generate as many times as the number I got on random number generator.

Then, save that palette. Next, make a list of species of character you'd like to have or something like that. Number the amount. Click on random generator to see which number pops up and use that to pick.

Then, make a list of unique attributes. Number them and use random number gen to pick.

Then, a list of accessories. Use the same method as above.

Finally, make a list of markings/attributes or a group of something you feel would work well with what you've already got listed. Could be markings, clothing, time period, or anything. Use the random number generator to pick

And there, a possible character has been generated, use the inspiration as you desire!
So, usually I struggle with coming up with a new and exciting character when making one for myself. I just found a method that seems exciting and may work for you guys too!

So, first I go to a random number generator(random.org), and generate a random number. Keep that number in mind. Then I go to this cool color palette generator (colormind.io )and click generate as many times as the number I got on random number generator.

Then, save that palette. Next, make a list of species of character you'd like to have or something like that. Number the amount. Click on random generator to see which number pops up and use that to pick.

Then, make a list of unique attributes. Number them and use random number gen to pick.

Then, a list of accessories. Use the same method as above.

Finally, make a list of markings/attributes or a group of something you feel would work well with what you've already got listed. Could be markings, clothing, time period, or anything. Use the random number generator to pick

And there, a possible character has been generated, use the inspiration as you desire!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@spottedleaf125 thanks for the guide! I find that if I don't have a random number to use, I just keep generating prompts until I find something that I was going to draw anyway XD
@spottedleaf125 thanks for the guide! I find that if I don't have a random number to use, I just keep generating prompts until I find something that I was going to draw anyway XD
@Xylitol

No problem! Glad this helped! ^^
@Xylitol

No problem! Glad this helped! ^^
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

Damn, that's super helpful! I'll definitely be trying this out later, thank you!
@Spottedleaf125

Damn, that's super helpful! I'll definitely be trying this out later, thank you!
ePOliyb.png JrEJc4j.png
0HBKL8H.png LGvol4P.png
qeWy3Ik.png cdqdRxL.png

Find my Wishlist here!
@Spottedleaf125

this is good! i'll be using it a lot in the future. thanks for posting.
@Spottedleaf125

this is good! i'll be using it a lot in the future. thanks for posting.
- order
oh this is fantastic! too bad i will be clicking the generate colors button 88 times
thanks for this!
oh this is fantastic! too bad i will be clicking the generate colors button 88 times
thanks for this!
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
@Cerpyn @PSICadet @chantric

Glad it works out well! (the 1-100 range could do with being lowered lol I got 82 the other day so Ik the feeling chantric)
@Cerpyn @PSICadet @chantric

Glad it works out well! (the 1-100 range could do with being lowered lol I got 82 the other day so Ik the feeling chantric)
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist