Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Clan Lore] • The Crumbling Keep
1 2 3 4
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oy4b3in.png[/img] [size=5][font=arial]Hazy minds IV[/size][/center] ------ [font=arial]"So, did you get it?" Cirra snarled, shaking the dirt from her coat. The Tundra sat herself down and called upon her magic to heal her bleeding claws. The infused walls of her cell proved tougher to break through than she had expected-- still, they were no match for Cirra's magic. The two beige Tundras had patiently awaited Cirra's arrival just outside the Crumbling Keep lair's borders-- as she had instructed them to. "Of course we did. Your information was spot on. I dunno how you did it, but frankly, I don't wanna know. Here's your scroll." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=9607&did=51614120]The smallest Tundra[/url] pulled an old, tattered scroll from her satchel and handed it to Cirra. "So, what about our reward?" the beige Tundra then spoke, growing a little agitated as Cirra didn't reply. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" Cirra bared her teeth and snarled. "Be patient. I told you you'd be rewarded after retrieving the scroll-- and [i]only[/i] if it worked. So you best sit down and wait, before I change my mind." The spined Tundra shifted her attention back to the tattered parchment in her paws, shivering in excitement. Unrolling the parchment and placing it down on the ground, Cirra took a deep breath and placed her forepaws on the runed scroll. Both beige Tundras backed away as Cirra began coaxing the magic from the scroll, a little unsure if the spined dragon's practices were safe to bystanders. The runes on the scroll soon began to glow, a pink mist rising from the parchment, slowly enveloping Cirra. The beige Tundras nervously held their breath, watching the change unfold before them. It didn't seem to last that long at all, and as sudden as it began, the magic faded. The mist cleared in an instant, and before them stood a dragon they had never seen before. Cirra steadied herself, spreading her small wings and whipping her thick tail. Thick fur covered the Gaoler's entire body, massive horns having replaced her old, fractured Tundra horns. Shaking herself, Cirra bared her massive fangs and roared. "Perfect-- I can't believe you two could get a hold of something this powerful that easily," the Gaoler rumbled. "This change will be very useful to me." The smaller Tundra nervously chuckled. "R--right. So, our reward?" Shiari squeaked as Cirra was suddenly very close, the Gaoler's massive snout nearly pressed against hers. "I think will let you leave with your lives. How great of a reward is that?" Cirra chuckled. "You promised us treasure! Don't you for a second think you can just cheat out of your end of the deal!" Shiari hissed. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=9607&did=51614123]The larger Tundra[/url] shifted, unsheathing the cleaver he carried. "Oh, you poor fool. Don't make any unwise decisions, now," the Gaoler rumbled, momentarily shifting her attention to the larger Tundra. "I'd hate to have hurt you. You proved useful to me, after all." The Gaoler roared as the cleaver cut through her thick fur, leaving a gash on her forearm. Retaliation was swift and without mercy, and when the dust settled, Shiari found her brother at her feet. "Take him to a healer now if you want him to see another tomorrow. But let this be a warning, and I advise you to never forget it again. I am not your ally nor a 'trading partner'. You are ordinary thieves-- and of great service to me. Goodbye for now," Cirra's lips curled into a wicked grin, and without a second look the Gaoler wandered off, leaving Shiari to tend to her injured brother.
oy4b3in.png
Hazy minds IV

"So, did you get it?"

Cirra snarled, shaking the dirt from her coat. The Tundra sat herself down and called upon her magic to heal her bleeding claws. The infused walls of her cell proved tougher to break through than she had expected-- still, they were no match for Cirra's magic.

The two beige Tundras had patiently awaited Cirra's arrival just outside the Crumbling Keep lair's borders-- as she had instructed them to. "Of course we did. Your information was spot on. I dunno how you did it, but frankly, I don't wanna know. Here's your scroll."

The smallest Tundra pulled an old, tattered scroll from her satchel and handed it to Cirra.

"So, what about our reward?" the beige Tundra then spoke, growing a little agitated as Cirra didn't reply. "Hey, I'm talking to you!"

Cirra bared her teeth and snarled. "Be patient. I told you you'd be rewarded after retrieving the scroll-- and only if it worked. So you best sit down and wait, before I change my mind." The spined Tundra shifted her attention back to the tattered parchment in her paws, shivering in excitement. Unrolling the parchment and placing it down on the ground, Cirra took a deep breath and placed her forepaws on the runed scroll.

Both beige Tundras backed away as Cirra began coaxing the magic from the scroll, a little unsure if the spined dragon's practices were safe to bystanders. The runes on the scroll soon began to glow, a pink mist rising from the parchment, slowly enveloping Cirra.

The beige Tundras nervously held their breath, watching the change unfold before them. It didn't seem to last that long at all, and as sudden as it began, the magic faded. The mist cleared in an instant, and before them stood a dragon they had never seen before.

Cirra steadied herself, spreading her small wings and whipping her thick tail. Thick fur covered the Gaoler's entire body, massive horns having replaced her old, fractured Tundra horns. Shaking herself, Cirra bared her massive fangs and roared.

"Perfect-- I can't believe you two could get a hold of something this powerful that easily," the Gaoler rumbled. "This change will be very useful to me."

The smaller Tundra nervously chuckled. "R--right. So, our reward?" Shiari squeaked as Cirra was suddenly very close, the Gaoler's massive snout nearly pressed against hers.

"I think will let you leave with your lives. How great of a reward is that?" Cirra chuckled.

"You promised us treasure! Don't you for a second think you can just cheat out of your end of the deal!" Shiari hissed. The larger Tundra shifted, unsheathing the cleaver he carried.

"Oh, you poor fool. Don't make any unwise decisions, now," the Gaoler rumbled, momentarily shifting her attention to the larger Tundra. "I'd hate to have hurt you. You proved useful to me, after all."

The Gaoler roared as the cleaver cut through her thick fur, leaving a gash on her forearm. Retaliation was swift and without mercy, and when the dust settled, Shiari found her brother at her feet.

"Take him to a healer now if you want him to see another tomorrow. But let this be a warning, and I advise you to never forget it again. I am not your ally nor a 'trading partner'. You are ordinary thieves-- and of great service to me. Goodbye for now," Cirra's lips curled into a wicked grin, and without a second look the Gaoler wandered off, leaving Shiari to tend to her injured brother.
709629.png

GChs5Ji.gif 2KksAKR.gifJxa6ZeM.gif
That's right, the frying pan is a PALADIN weapon.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oy4b3in.png[/img] [size=5][font=arial]Hazy minds V[/size][/center] ------ [font=arial]"What on Sornieth happened to him?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=22137337]Ilona[/url] blinked, unsure of where to even start with the injured Tundra. His sister was nervously pacing around the healer's den, seemingly trying to formulate a proper response. The Pearlcatcher put down her staff and wandered towards the chest that sat against the far wall. After briefly rummaging through the chest's contents, the healer returned to the unconscious Tundra and sat down at his side. The dragon's fur was still static from the magic that seemed to have shocked him to his very core. "This isn't your average magic shock-- I've never seen someone this fried before," Ilona muttered, flipping through the tome she had retrieved. "What sort of crazed mage did you run into?" "Cirra," Shiari replied, hissing through clenched teeth. "Come again?" Ilona slightly turned to look at the distraught Tundra. "I really hope you're mistaken." The Pearlcatcher put down the tome and channeled her magic, carefully coaxing the antagonistic magic from the injured Tundra. "No. It was her. We-- we had a deal, a simple job for us--" Shiari sniveled, dark eyes fixed on her brother's trembling body. "I-- I should've known better, it was just too good to be true." "With hindsight, lots of things were too good to be true," Ilona mumbled, shifting a little. She had to steel herself to not grow hazy. The magic she relieved from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=51614123]Dozhar[/url]'s body was overwhelming. "Though if you're certain you encountered Cirra, I suggest you go to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=108134]Esper[/url] [i]now[/i] and inform her. That Tundra is dangerous," Ilona then continued. Shiari bit her tongue. She couldn't just march up to the clan mother and tell her about the scroll they stole off of the courier, nor the fact that they assisted in Cirra's escape, and helped her become even more dangerous as an added bonus. "Did you hear me?" the Pearlcatcher asked, sounding worried. "Esper needs to know what happened! I'll tend to your brother in the meantime. I have good reason to believe he will recover just fine." [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/anniversary_separator.png[/img][/center] [font=arial]Shivani couldn't move. It felt like the very earth knew what she had done, as if the soles of her feet were molten to the stone underfoot. "Come in, child. What can I do for you?" The old Guardian's rumble shook the Tundra from her thoughts. Inching forward, Shiari made her way to Esper's desk, where she sat herself down. Taking off her cowl, the young Tundra didn't dare to meet the Guardian's eyes. "I have done something very, very stupid," Shiari whispered, eyes fixed on the stone desk. "We all make mistakes. Tell me what is on your mind," Esper rumbled, looking at the Tundra over the rim of her glasses. Shiari was certain would be consequences. Possible exile, imprisonment, or worse. The Tundra also knew that Dozhar would want her to tell the truth. They had been reckless, it had been a mistake. A big, big mistake, that almost cost her brother his life. "We took something that wasn't ours," the Tundra began, her voice barely above a whisper. "That does not come as a surprise to me, child. Did we not talk about this before?" Esper chuckled, slightly shifting behind her desk. "I do not sympathize with, nor condone your line of work. I do hope I need not repeat my rules." "No, lady Esper. Your rules were clear to us, and we played by them accordingly. However--" Shiari nervously shifted. Her maw was going dry, and the Guardian's piercing glare that was fixed on her wasn't helping. "We took something-- and-- and..." "We took something... and gave it to someone-- I..." Shiari sniveled. "Poor Dozhar, this was all my fault," the Tundra whimpered. The old dragon slightly tilted her head. "Speak, child." "Cirra-- she's-- she's escaped with out help-- after she learned about the Gaolers she called us to the dungeons-- she promised us riches in return for a scroll-- the one we stole from your courier," Shiari cried. "She took it and left my brother for dead, this-- it's all my fault!" Esper slightly leaned back. This was not what she had expected-- nor hoped-- to hear today. "Where did she go?" the Guardian asked, her tone strict. "I-- I don't know. Away from here, at least," Shiari sniveled, wiping her eyes. "I-- I'll do whatever I can to help--" "Silence. You have done enough," Esper rumbled. "Come. Follow me." The old dragon got up and left her desk, the young Tundra silently following along. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/anniversary_separator.png[/img][/center] [font=arial]"Do you have any idea what chain of events you set in motion by aiding Cirra in her escape?" Esper rumbled. The young Tundra shook her head. She felt numb, wondering what would happen now. The chance at life-long imprisonment didn't even worry her right now. What frightened Shiari most was the extreme calm with which Esper seemed to take the bad news. "You let a dangerous individual back into the world. I assume the scroll was used once you delivered it," the Guardian spoke. "Cirra always had a wide array of complicated, strong spells at her disposal. Now you granted her physical strength to go with it." Shiari shivered as she recalled her brother's pained groans and cries. "There is no telling in what she will do next. All we can do is prepare," Esper continued. "As for you, you will stay here for now. I'm placing you under supervision until I figure out what to do with you," the old dragon rumbled. "I hope you will use this time wisely to think about what you have caused." Shiari nodded slowly, lowering her eyes. Esper had stopped walking and peered into the den at the very end of the tunnel. The cave was barely lit. Bones and hides were strewn around the place and crude claw-paintings covered the walls. "[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=51500245]Batul[/url]. I have a task for you," Esper spoke. "Good. I am itching for something to do," a low voice rumbled from the darkness. Something stirred, and in the faint light Shiari could make out the form of a large Guardian. "What have you brought me?" Esper slightly shifted. "I want you to keep watch over this youngling. Her brother will join her once he has recovered. They are directly responsible for Cirra's escape and will be your responsibility until she is found. Batul rumbled approvingly, lowering her head to Shiari's height. "Wonderful. I am certain we will have a good time together, little bean. Come. I will show you around your new home." The large Guardian rumbled, picking Shiari up by the scruff of her neck and carrying her into the dark cave.
oy4b3in.png
Hazy minds V

"What on Sornieth happened to him?"

Ilona blinked, unsure of where to even start with the injured Tundra. His sister was nervously pacing around the healer's den, seemingly trying to formulate a proper response.

The Pearlcatcher put down her staff and wandered towards the chest that sat against the far wall. After briefly rummaging through the chest's contents, the healer returned to the unconscious Tundra and sat down at his side. The dragon's fur was still static from the magic that seemed to have shocked him to his very core.

"This isn't your average magic shock-- I've never seen someone this fried before," Ilona muttered, flipping through the tome she had retrieved. "What sort of crazed mage did you run into?"

"Cirra," Shiari replied, hissing through clenched teeth.

"Come again?" Ilona slightly turned to look at the distraught Tundra. "I really hope you're mistaken." The Pearlcatcher put down the tome and channeled her magic, carefully coaxing the antagonistic magic from the injured Tundra.

"No. It was her. We-- we had a deal, a simple job for us--" Shiari sniveled, dark eyes fixed on her brother's trembling body. "I-- I should've known better, it was just too good to be true."

"With hindsight, lots of things were too good to be true," Ilona mumbled, shifting a little. She had to steel herself to not grow hazy. The magic she relieved from Dozhar's body was overwhelming. "Though if you're certain you encountered Cirra, I suggest you go to Esper now and inform her. That Tundra is dangerous," Ilona then continued.

Shiari bit her tongue. She couldn't just march up to the clan mother and tell her about the scroll they stole off of the courier, nor the fact that they assisted in Cirra's escape, and helped her become even more dangerous as an added bonus.

"Did you hear me?" the Pearlcatcher asked, sounding worried. "Esper needs to know what happened! I'll tend to your brother in the meantime. I have good reason to believe he will recover just fine."

anniversary_separator.png

Shivani couldn't move. It felt like the very earth knew what she had done, as if the soles of her feet were molten to the stone underfoot.

"Come in, child. What can I do for you?" The old Guardian's rumble shook the Tundra from her thoughts.

Inching forward, Shiari made her way to Esper's desk, where she sat herself down. Taking off her cowl, the young Tundra didn't dare to meet the Guardian's eyes. "I have done something very, very stupid," Shiari whispered, eyes fixed on the stone desk.

"We all make mistakes. Tell me what is on your mind," Esper rumbled, looking at the Tundra over the rim of her glasses.

Shiari was certain would be consequences. Possible exile, imprisonment, or worse. The Tundra also knew that Dozhar would want her to tell the truth. They had been reckless, it had been a mistake. A big, big mistake, that almost cost her brother his life. "We took something that wasn't ours," the Tundra began, her voice barely above a whisper.

"That does not come as a surprise to me, child. Did we not talk about this before?" Esper chuckled, slightly shifting behind her desk. "I do not sympathize with, nor condone your line of work. I do hope I need not repeat my rules."

"No, lady Esper. Your rules were clear to us, and we played by them accordingly. However--" Shiari nervously shifted. Her maw was going dry, and the Guardian's piercing glare that was fixed on her wasn't helping. "We took something-- and-- and..."

"We took something... and gave it to someone-- I..." Shiari sniveled. "Poor Dozhar, this was all my fault," the Tundra whimpered.

The old dragon slightly tilted her head. "Speak, child."

"Cirra-- she's-- she's escaped with out help-- after she learned about the Gaolers she called us to the dungeons-- she promised us riches in return for a scroll-- the one we stole from your courier," Shiari cried. "She took it and left my brother for dead, this-- it's all my fault!"

Esper slightly leaned back. This was not what she had expected-- nor hoped-- to hear today. "Where did she go?" the Guardian asked, her tone strict.

"I-- I don't know. Away from here, at least," Shiari sniveled, wiping her eyes. "I-- I'll do whatever I can to help--"

"Silence. You have done enough," Esper rumbled. "Come. Follow me." The old dragon got up and left her desk, the young Tundra silently following along.

"Do you have any idea what chain of events you set in motion by aiding Cirra in her escape?" Esper rumbled. The young Tundra shook her head. She felt numb, wondering what would happen now. The chance at life-long imprisonment didn't even worry her right now. What frightened Shiari most was the extreme calm with which Esper seemed to take the bad news.

"You let a dangerous individual back into the world. I assume the scroll was used once you delivered it," the Guardian spoke. "Cirra always had a wide array of complicated, strong spells at her disposal. Now you granted her physical strength to go with it."

Shiari shivered as she recalled her brother's pained groans and cries. "There is no telling in what she will do next. All we can do is prepare," Esper continued. "As for you, you will stay here for now. I'm placing you under supervision until I figure out what to do with you," the old dragon rumbled. "I hope you will use this time wisely to think about what you have caused."

Shiari nodded slowly, lowering her eyes.

Esper had stopped walking and peered into the den at the very end of the tunnel. The cave was barely lit. Bones and hides were strewn around the place and crude claw-paintings covered the walls. "Batul. I have a task for you," Esper spoke.

"Good. I am itching for something to do," a low voice rumbled from the darkness. Something stirred, and in the faint light Shiari could make out the form of a large Guardian. "What have you brought me?"

Esper slightly shifted. "I want you to keep watch over this youngling. Her brother will join her once he has recovered. They are directly responsible for Cirra's escape and will be your responsibility until she is found.

Batul rumbled approvingly, lowering her head to Shiari's height. "Wonderful. I am certain we will have a good time together, little bean. Come. I will show you around your new home." The large Guardian rumbled, picking Shiari up by the scruff of her neck and carrying her into the dark cave.
709629.png

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oy4b3in.png[/img] [size=5][font=arial]Well met[/size][/center] ------ [font=arial]What a strange world. Jeron found himself wandering through warm sand and across petrified plains, meeting but a few dragons on his journey. None of them seemed-- or smelled-- familiar, and the Gaoler slowly began to lose hope of ever finding his fellow Keepers again. Then, at the horizon. Jeron knew what he saw-- he recognized one of his own. Large antlers, a thick coat of fur, surely it had to be a Gaoler. The dragon mustered his last strength and hurried towards his kin. "I am so relieved to have found you, I was losing hope of seeing another Keeper again," Jeron sighed, slowing down as he approached the other Gaoler. While rivaling Jeron in size and looking much like him, the other Gaoler seemed... different. Their pink eyes narrowed into a glare as they studied Jeron, their tail whipping about in agitation. "What are you mumbling about? What on Sornieth is a 'keeper'?" the Gaoler snarled. "If you're looking for dragons to have a pleasant chat with, continue down that way and find the Crumbling Keep. Now, get out of my way." Jeron nervously moved aside as the other Gaoler pushed past him, their sharp spines glistening in the sun. Jeron lowered his head. What a rude individual. "Crumbling Keep..." the Gaoler mumbled, lifting his head to see where the agitated dragon had come from. He didn't know if he could trust their words, nor if this keep even existed. But weighing his options, Jeron decided to go check it out. What was the worst that could happen?
oy4b3in.png
Well met

What a strange world. Jeron found himself wandering through warm sand and across petrified plains, meeting but a few dragons on his journey. None of them seemed-- or smelled-- familiar, and the Gaoler slowly began to lose hope of ever finding his fellow Keepers again.

Then, at the horizon. Jeron knew what he saw-- he recognized one of his own. Large antlers, a thick coat of fur, surely it had to be a Gaoler. The dragon mustered his last strength and hurried towards his kin.

"I am so relieved to have found you, I was losing hope of seeing another Keeper again," Jeron sighed, slowing down as he approached the other Gaoler. While rivaling Jeron in size and looking much like him, the other Gaoler seemed... different. Their pink eyes narrowed into a glare as they studied Jeron, their tail whipping about in agitation.

"What are you mumbling about? What on Sornieth is a 'keeper'?" the Gaoler snarled. "If you're looking for dragons to have a pleasant chat with, continue down that way and find the Crumbling Keep. Now, get out of my way." Jeron nervously moved aside as the other Gaoler pushed past him, their sharp spines glistening in the sun.

Jeron lowered his head. What a rude individual. "Crumbling Keep..." the Gaoler mumbled, lifting his head to see where the agitated dragon had come from. He didn't know if he could trust their words, nor if this keep even existed. But weighing his options, Jeron decided to go check it out. What was the worst that could happen?

709629.png

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oy4b3in.png[/img] [size=5][font=arial]Well met II[/size][/center] ------ [font=arial][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=278201]Jeron[/url] couldn't recall finding a cave before falling asleep last night-- nor being surrounded by so many of his own kind. The Gaoler quietly looked around the cave, blinking to adjust to the damp, murky hideout. Where exactly did he end up? The Gaoler recalled his run-in with that unpleasant individual yesterday. She had told him to find the Crumbling Keep-- or something. Jeron rumbled, frustrated that his mind was letting him down. Looking around the cave, Jeron counted four Gaolers he had never seen before. Two adults and two younglings-- though the difference in colors of fur made it impossible for the elder dragons to be their parents. The younglings had huddled up against one another, close to one of the adults. The other, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=9607&did=51965821]a female with imposing horns[/url], was resting in the other end of the cave, a cold glare fixed on Jeron-- The Gaoler flinched momentarily as he realized he was being watched. "Hello," Jeron tried, managing a friendly smile. The other Gaoler snorted, getting up and wandering over to the sleeping adult. She nudged the dragon with a large horn, effectively waking him up, the movement also waking both younglings. Jeron had sat in silence, quietly listening as the female recited their story. "So that's it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=9607&did=362398]Goldilocks[/url] over here said we'd be better off in a group-- but since these two little Bumbles can't really contribute to anything, and you seemed just as lost, we decided to adopt you into our group." "...We?" the gold-coated Gaoler mumbled, flinching a little under the female's glare. "Yes, we. Just like when [i]we[/i] decided to adopt two lost puppies. Right Kalle?" The Gaoler whined, curling a tail around the younglings. "Surely you wouldn't leave them to their own devices, Rikka! You're not [i]that[/i] cold!" Rikka didn't reply. She shifted her attention back to Jeron, who had not moved nor spoken, trying to piece together the story. "So, what do you think? Do you wanna come with us?" Rikka then sighed, rolling her eyes as one of the pups began chewing on her tail. "I-- yes? I think-- you're right about safety in numbers," Jeron replied, getting up. "I think I know someplace we can go-- there's most likely dragons there who could help us." "Do you know them?" Rikka asked, throwing the hatchling off her tail, following Jeron out of the cave. "...No," the larger Gaoler replied. "But something tells me they are to be trusted, and since it doesn't seem like you have anywhere to go, I guess it may be worth a try." Rikka hated the fact that Jeron was right. Casting a brief look over her shoulder, she realized she wouldn't get far with Kalle and two annoying pups alone. The gold-coated Gaoler had proved utterly useless in combat, which frustrated her more than anything-- though in her heart of hearts she knew she could not abandon him. Perhaps requesting residence with a clan of dragons would be the right choice for now. "Alright then. Lead the way."
oy4b3in.png
Well met II

Jeron couldn't recall finding a cave before falling asleep last night-- nor being surrounded by so many of his own kind. The Gaoler quietly looked around the cave, blinking to adjust to the damp, murky hideout. Where exactly did he end up? The Gaoler recalled his run-in with that unpleasant individual yesterday. She had told him to find the Crumbling Keep-- or something. Jeron rumbled, frustrated that his mind was letting him down.

Looking around the cave, Jeron counted four Gaolers he had never seen before. Two adults and two younglings-- though the difference in colors of fur made it impossible for the elder dragons to be their parents. The younglings had huddled up against one another, close to one of the adults. The other, a female with imposing horns, was resting in the other end of the cave, a cold glare fixed on Jeron--

The Gaoler flinched momentarily as he realized he was being watched. "Hello," Jeron tried, managing a friendly smile. The other Gaoler snorted, getting up and wandering over to the sleeping adult. She nudged the dragon with a large horn, effectively waking him up, the movement also waking both younglings.

Jeron had sat in silence, quietly listening as the female recited their story.

"So that's it. Goldilocks over here said we'd be better off in a group-- but since these two little Bumbles can't really contribute to anything, and you seemed just as lost, we decided to adopt you into our group."

"...We?" the gold-coated Gaoler mumbled, flinching a little under the female's glare.

"Yes, we. Just like when we decided to adopt two lost puppies. Right Kalle?"

The Gaoler whined, curling a tail around the younglings. "Surely you wouldn't leave them to their own devices, Rikka! You're not that cold!"

Rikka didn't reply. She shifted her attention back to Jeron, who had not moved nor spoken, trying to piece together the story. "So, what do you think? Do you wanna come with us?" Rikka then sighed, rolling her eyes as one of the pups began chewing on her tail.

"I-- yes? I think-- you're right about safety in numbers," Jeron replied, getting up. "I think I know someplace we can go-- there's most likely dragons there who could help us."

"Do you know them?" Rikka asked, throwing the hatchling off her tail, following Jeron out of the cave.

"...No," the larger Gaoler replied. "But something tells me they are to be trusted, and since it doesn't seem like you have anywhere to go, I guess it may be worth a try."

Rikka hated the fact that Jeron was right. Casting a brief look over her shoulder, she realized she wouldn't get far with Kalle and two annoying pups alone. The gold-coated Gaoler had proved utterly useless in combat, which frustrated her more than anything-- though in her heart of hearts she knew she could not abandon him. Perhaps requesting residence with a clan of dragons would be the right choice for now.

"Alright then. Lead the way."
709629.png

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oy4b3in.png[/img] [size=5][font=arial]Well met III[/size][/center] ------ [font=arial][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=108134]Esper[/url] had been so preoccupied trying to figure out how to track [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=777414]Cirra[/url] that she had been holed up in her den for weeks now. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=47694727]Asger[/url] would occasionally bring her something to eat and remind her to drink, but the Guardian had dismissed him with the absent wave of a claw. She had to find a solution. She [i]had[/i] to fix this. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=51500245]Batul[/url] had fulfilled her task as instructed. After squeezing every last bit of information from the Tundra siblings, the Guardian had taken them far away from Crumbling Keep borders and made it clear that they better not think of returning to the clan. It wasn't until Meissa returned from a scouting trip around the lair's borders that Esper stopped mulling over her tomes and maps. "I've seen Gaolers-- they're approaching the lair," the Imperial muttered. Meissa had not rested for days, going bent under the stress of her work. "How many?" "Just three," Meissa replied. "Adults-- I think." "Thank you Meissa. Please take a while to rest," the Guardian rumbled, getting to her feet and heading out to the tunnels. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/anniversary_separator.png[/img][/center] [font=arial]"I told you, they don't want us here," [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=51965821]Rikka[/url] snarled. She was tired. Despite having only met so recently, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=278201]Jeron[/url] felt at ease around the other Gaolers. It was as if they had met before and lost track of one another. Jeron sighed, lifting his snout, sniffing the air. "I don't think that dragon fled out of disdain. I think they went get backup." To his right, Rikka tensed up, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=9607&tab=dragon&did=362398]Kalle[/url] hiding behind the two of them. "I don't think they have malicious intent, though," Jeron continued. "Never know," Rikka hissed, tail whipping left and right. The Gaolers perked as a dragon reappeared at the entrance of the tunnel. This one was smaller than the one that had ran off earlier, but Jeron felt like they were not to be trifled with. "My name is Esper. I am the clan-mother of the Crumbling Keep. You are trespassing here. State your intentions," the dragon rumbled, dark eyes narrowed into a glare. Jeron nudged Rikka out of the way with his tail, slightly bowing his head to the dragon that addressed them. "We did not mean to cross into your territory, Earthen one. We merely sought refuge, someplace we could rest. The younglings are exhausted and we must rest, too." Jeron gave the dragon a hopeful look, relieved to see her expression had softened. "You have younglings with you?" she then asked, slightly tilting her head. "Forgive me, I have not met with your kind before, I assumed you all were dragons of age." Jeron nodded, motioning at Kalle. "We are. These younglings were found without a home or a family-- we took them under our wings instead." The gold-coated Gaoler lifted his wings to reveal the three pups resting on his back. Large, curious eyes studied the strange dragon, and the pups squeaked and peeped as Kalle tucked his wings back around them. "So be it. I sense no ill intentions from you so the Keep can shelter you as long as needed. Follow me," the dragon turned and wandered into the tunnel from where they had appeared, the Gaolers quietly following.
oy4b3in.png
Well met III

Esper had been so preoccupied trying to figure out how to track Cirra that she had been holed up in her den for weeks now. Asger would occasionally bring her something to eat and remind her to drink, but the Guardian had dismissed him with the absent wave of a claw. She had to find a solution. She had to fix this.

Batul had fulfilled her task as instructed. After squeezing every last bit of information from the Tundra siblings, the Guardian had taken them far away from Crumbling Keep borders and made it clear that they better not think of returning to the clan.

It wasn't until Meissa returned from a scouting trip around the lair's borders that Esper stopped mulling over her tomes and maps.

"I've seen Gaolers-- they're approaching the lair," the Imperial muttered. Meissa had not rested for days, going bent under the stress of her work.

"How many?"

"Just three," Meissa replied. "Adults-- I think."

"Thank you Meissa. Please take a while to rest," the Guardian rumbled, getting to her feet and heading out to the tunnels.

"I told you, they don't want us here," Rikka snarled. She was tired. Despite having only met so recently, Jeron felt at ease around the other Gaolers. It was as if they had met before and lost track of one another.

Jeron sighed, lifting his snout, sniffing the air. "I don't think that dragon fled out of disdain. I think they went get backup." To his right, Rikka tensed up, Kalle hiding behind the two of them. "I don't think they have malicious intent, though," Jeron continued.

"Never know," Rikka hissed, tail whipping left and right.

The Gaolers perked as a dragon reappeared at the entrance of the tunnel. This one was smaller than the one that had ran off earlier, but Jeron felt like they were not to be trifled with.

"My name is Esper. I am the clan-mother of the Crumbling Keep. You are trespassing here. State your intentions," the dragon rumbled, dark eyes narrowed into a glare.

Jeron nudged Rikka out of the way with his tail, slightly bowing his head to the dragon that addressed them. "We did not mean to cross into your territory, Earthen one. We merely sought refuge, someplace we could rest. The younglings are exhausted and we must rest, too." Jeron gave the dragon a hopeful look, relieved to see her expression had softened.

"You have younglings with you?" she then asked, slightly tilting her head. "Forgive me, I have not met with your kind before, I assumed you all were dragons of age."

Jeron nodded, motioning at Kalle. "We are. These younglings were found without a home or a family-- we took them under our wings instead." The gold-coated Gaoler lifted his wings to reveal the three pups resting on his back. Large, curious eyes studied the strange dragon, and the pups squeaked and peeped as Kalle tucked his wings back around them.

"So be it. I sense no ill intentions from you so the Keep can shelter you as long as needed. Follow me," the dragon turned and wandered into the tunnel from where they had appeared, the Gaolers quietly following.
709629.png

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oy4b3in.png[/img] [size=5][font=arial]Home[/size][/center] ------ [font=arial]Cirra was content. It was a feeling that didn't often grace her mind, but in the moment, she was certain that that was what she felt. Looking down from her perch, the Gaoler rumbled happily. The area proved to be a perfect place to settle. Cirra had found a narrow yet deep canyon in the Shattered Plain, far, far away from the Crumbling Keep lair. Where the cracked dirt shifted back together and sealed off the canyon, the underground area went on much further. Sharp drip stone formations made the underground hard to navigate, but at the far end of the canyon, Cirra happened upon her-- [i]their[/i]-- new home. Large, [i]large[/i] drip stone formations had fused into one solid mass-- perfect for digging into. Cirra knew there were only four of them, but between them they shared enough strength to carve the mass into something more refined. "Is this home?" Cirra looked over. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=9607&did=52695211]Two glowing eyes[/url] nervously studied her, seemingly trying to derive an answer from the other Gaoler's expression. The Gaoler snorted, standing straight and rumbling. "It will be. This will be our Timeworn Citadel."
oy4b3in.png
Home

Cirra was content. It was a feeling that didn't often grace her mind, but in the moment, she was certain that that was what she felt. Looking down from her perch, the Gaoler rumbled happily.

The area proved to be a perfect place to settle. Cirra had found a narrow yet deep canyon in the Shattered Plain, far, far away from the Crumbling Keep lair. Where the cracked dirt shifted back together and sealed off the canyon, the underground area went on much further. Sharp drip stone formations made the underground hard to navigate, but at the far end of the canyon, Cirra happened upon her-- their-- new home.

Large, large drip stone formations had fused into one solid mass-- perfect for digging into. Cirra knew there were only four of them, but between them they shared enough strength to carve the mass into something more refined.

"Is this home?"

Cirra looked over. Two glowing eyes nervously studied her, seemingly trying to derive an answer from the other Gaoler's expression.

The Gaoler snorted, standing straight and rumbling.

"It will be. This will be our Timeworn Citadel."
709629.png

1 2 3 4