Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Getting the word out - Art Dump
1 2
[center]As the title suggests, I want to get the word out about my newly fledged, still a work in progress art shop! I would really appreciate advice, suggestions, and any other comments y'all would like to give me! Here's a link to the shop, if anyone is interested! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2447481#post_33421965 This is an example of what can be done with my current templates, and it can include apparel! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=182997&tab=dragon&did=41864983][img]https://preview.ibb.co/hLKeTJ/Ridgeback_template_Suirena.png[/img][/url] Will be posting more examples throughout the next week or so. Leave me a message on my shop page if you would like to place an order![/center]
As the title suggests, I want to get the word out about my newly fledged, still a work in progress art shop! I would really appreciate advice, suggestions, and any other comments y'all would like to give me!

Here's a link to the shop, if anyone is interested!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2447481#post_33421965

This is an example of what can be done with my current templates, and it can include apparel!

Ridgeback_template_Suirena.png

Will be posting more examples throughout the next week or so.
Leave me a message on my shop page if you would like to place an order!
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
@Faolyn your lines are very neat/clean, i like them! overall, great look. however, it looks like you're basically doing an adoptable - a set pose/image, then customized per client, right? you might have better success posting in the Adoptables sub-forum rather than the Art Sales.

your pricing looks pretty good.. you might be able to go a bit higher for flat rate. for the treasure component, i would just use the current going g:t ratio (something like 1:850 right now). i would pick one way to charge though - you have both flat and per-hour, which could be confusing for potential buyers.

1/2 up front and 1/2 after is fine, but i find most people don't mind full price up front (i do it that way, and stash it until it's finished and the buyer says they like it).

edit: i forgot to add that i would either add a nice border to go with the image, or complete the spines - they're cut off, which would be fine for a framed picture. but if it's going to be a standing headshot, then it looks incomplete or badly cropped. again, this is from the perspective of selling these as adoptables.
@Faolyn your lines are very neat/clean, i like them! overall, great look. however, it looks like you're basically doing an adoptable - a set pose/image, then customized per client, right? you might have better success posting in the Adoptables sub-forum rather than the Art Sales.

your pricing looks pretty good.. you might be able to go a bit higher for flat rate. for the treasure component, i would just use the current going g:t ratio (something like 1:850 right now). i would pick one way to charge though - you have both flat and per-hour, which could be confusing for potential buyers.

1/2 up front and 1/2 after is fine, but i find most people don't mind full price up front (i do it that way, and stash it until it's finished and the buyer says they like it).

edit: i forgot to add that i would either add a nice border to go with the image, or complete the spines - they're cut off, which would be fine for a framed picture. but if it's going to be a standing headshot, then it looks incomplete or badly cropped. again, this is from the perspective of selling these as adoptables.
LLLLLL
Shiloh
they/them
FR +0

old art thread

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IncEfA4.pngo2DCDvU.pngzNpBqGi.png8nnLMSP.pngaHVtVAa.pngL9gnFws.pngK24IHjN.png
@thetinyshiloh Very good points, and now that you're saying it, yeah they're definitely more adoptable than their own separate poses and such. I think I'll move it over there, then.

what would you suggest for the gem flat rate? I'm not familiar with pricing, so I'm going off of what others have suggested completely. I also wasnt sure what the current ratio was, so that was very helpful! I think I was leaning towards the flat payment only as well, but your input helps make that decision much easier.

The reason I do 1/2 at front 1/2 when complete is to ensure to both me and the person who made the request, but I guess 100% up front and saving it till it is complete would be just as good.

I actually was thinking about adding borders as well, but I've not really done any decorative outlines or borders before and I'm afraid it would take away from the piece, but with it being cutoff does take away from it in its own right. I will try to come up with a suitable border of some kind soon and showcase them as they come. I may just make them based off of the dragon's element or current deity depending on the customer's preference.

Thanks so much for the tips! I'll be sure to make some changes soon and move the shop over to adoptables!
@thetinyshiloh Very good points, and now that you're saying it, yeah they're definitely more adoptable than their own separate poses and such. I think I'll move it over there, then.

what would you suggest for the gem flat rate? I'm not familiar with pricing, so I'm going off of what others have suggested completely. I also wasnt sure what the current ratio was, so that was very helpful! I think I was leaning towards the flat payment only as well, but your input helps make that decision much easier.

The reason I do 1/2 at front 1/2 when complete is to ensure to both me and the person who made the request, but I guess 100% up front and saving it till it is complete would be just as good.

I actually was thinking about adding borders as well, but I've not really done any decorative outlines or borders before and I'm afraid it would take away from the piece, but with it being cutoff does take away from it in its own right. I will try to come up with a suitable border of some kind soon and showcase them as they come. I may just make them based off of the dragon's element or current deity depending on the customer's preference.

Thanks so much for the tips! I'll be sure to make some changes soon and move the shop over to adoptables!
Keaea_left_new.png
@Faolyn I have a TOS that's publicly shared from my google docs, and I link to it from my art shop... and that basically guarantees a refund based on how complete the piece is, and helps justify getting 100% up front. I'm just not very trusting, lol.

Yeah, it could be a very simple border. And having a few different options for clients to choose from is a great idea!

For pricing, I'm leaning towards 1000g / 850kt as the simplest cost. I was originally going to say 900g, but you could start at 1000g, and offer discounts (birthdays, flight dominance, etc). But that's from a commissioning specific art pieces perspective, not an adoptables perspective. If you track your hours per piece (not including originally making the template), and you think your simplest piece is $10 worth total, then 1000g is fair (assuming 100g = $1 USD).
@Faolyn I have a TOS that's publicly shared from my google docs, and I link to it from my art shop... and that basically guarantees a refund based on how complete the piece is, and helps justify getting 100% up front. I'm just not very trusting, lol.

Yeah, it could be a very simple border. And having a few different options for clients to choose from is a great idea!

For pricing, I'm leaning towards 1000g / 850kt as the simplest cost. I was originally going to say 900g, but you could start at 1000g, and offer discounts (birthdays, flight dominance, etc). But that's from a commissioning specific art pieces perspective, not an adoptables perspective. If you track your hours per piece (not including originally making the template), and you think your simplest piece is $10 worth total, then 1000g is fair (assuming 100g = $1 USD).
LLLLLL
Shiloh
they/them
FR +0

old art thread

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IncEfA4.pngo2DCDvU.pngzNpBqGi.png8nnLMSP.pngaHVtVAa.pngL9gnFws.pngK24IHjN.png
@thetinyshiloh lol same kinda, im afraid of getting cheated but im also afraid something might come up on my end to where i have to abandon or temporarily freeze the request for whatever reason..

I'll try and come up with a few possible borders and post them here for input as I finish their prototypes. I think having themed options like elements, seasons, etc, would be pretty fun! I could maybe make holiday ones too- like halloween, christmas, easter, valentine's day- or ones that they ask for specifically. It'll be alot of work but I'm sure it'll get at least somewhat easier as I work on them.

I was thinking I might start at a slightly lower cost to begin with, perhaps, as a kind of "opening discount", to try and invite some people to the shop and get a little more attention for it. At some point, I will update the shop and add more templates for dragons and such, but for now I'll stick to the basics.

**Note: I've moved the shop to adopts, and hopefully(?) deleted the shop in art sales. I can still see the post despite my attempts to delete it, but I'm not sure if it's gone. Can you see it still?
@thetinyshiloh lol same kinda, im afraid of getting cheated but im also afraid something might come up on my end to where i have to abandon or temporarily freeze the request for whatever reason..

I'll try and come up with a few possible borders and post them here for input as I finish their prototypes. I think having themed options like elements, seasons, etc, would be pretty fun! I could maybe make holiday ones too- like halloween, christmas, easter, valentine's day- or ones that they ask for specifically. It'll be alot of work but I'm sure it'll get at least somewhat easier as I work on them.

I was thinking I might start at a slightly lower cost to begin with, perhaps, as a kind of "opening discount", to try and invite some people to the shop and get a little more attention for it. At some point, I will update the shop and add more templates for dragons and such, but for now I'll stick to the basics.

**Note: I've moved the shop to adopts, and hopefully(?) deleted the shop in art sales. I can still see the post despite my attempts to delete it, but I'm not sure if it's gone. Can you see it still?
Keaea_left_new.png
@Faolyn yeah, i can see it. did you delete your first post in the thread? that's usually how it works.
@Faolyn yeah, i can see it. did you delete your first post in the thread? that's usually how it works.
LLLLLL
Shiloh
they/them
FR +0

old art thread

@thetinyshiloh I did not.. strange it doesn't specify that. Here goes lol

**Edit: I don't think it worked. I deleted everything I could but I still cant get rid of it..
@thetinyshiloh I did not.. strange it doesn't specify that. Here goes lol

**Edit: I don't think it worked. I deleted everything I could but I still cant get rid of it..
Keaea_left_new.png
@Faolyn you didnt delete the very first post? not your first reply. i can still see the thread and the main post, but none of your replies.
@Faolyn you didnt delete the very first post? not your first reply. i can still see the thread and the main post, but none of your replies.
LLLLLL
Shiloh
they/them
FR +0

old art thread

@thetinyshiloh The initial post? It literally wont let me. I've deleted everything I can, but no matter how many times I try, deleting the first post won't do anything.. Do I have to just remove all the text first and then I can delete it?
@thetinyshiloh The initial post? It literally wont let me. I've deleted everything I can, but no matter how many times I try, deleting the first post won't do anything.. Do I have to just remove all the text first and then I can delete it?
Keaea_left_new.png
@Faolyn No you shouldn't have to do any of that. Looks like it's a bug. NORMALLY, all you have to do is delete the first post (you wouldnt have to delete all your replies or text or any of that). And normally it would let you. Sometimes clearing your browser cache helps, but not always.

Here's the stickied bug thread for forum posting issues:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1390266/62
@Faolyn No you shouldn't have to do any of that. Looks like it's a bug. NORMALLY, all you have to do is delete the first post (you wouldnt have to delete all your replies or text or any of that). And normally it would let you. Sometimes clearing your browser cache helps, but not always.

Here's the stickied bug thread for forum posting issues:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1390266/62
LLLLLL
Shiloh
they/them
FR +0

old art thread

1 2