Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Bachelorette - Season 1
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 46 47
@Aetherstorm Aww, thank you so much for the kind words!! It means a lot for someone to comment on how much work goes into this!! I'm hoping to get more up soon - I took a break over the holidays, but once everything starts again and there is more of a routine settling in, I should be able to get more written! I'm SO excited to finish it!! :D
@Aetherstorm Aww, thank you so much for the kind words!! It means a lot for someone to comment on how much work goes into this!! I'm hoping to get more up soon - I took a break over the holidays, but once everything starts again and there is more of a routine settling in, I should be able to get more written! I'm SO excited to finish it!! :D
@CleverDual
No problem! I'm sure I'm just as excited about getting to finish reading it :D
@CleverDual
No problem! I'm sure I'm just as excited about getting to finish reading it :D
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2fe6/f/2018/260/3/e/6_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y8b.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Brush Script MT][size=6]Guys Choice - Part 1[/size][/font][/center] Juniper’s eyes filled with wonder as she stepped down the final few stairs, taking Ril’s offered arm. “Ri, this is…” A soft smile took over the male’s face. “I’m glad. It took a surprising amount of planning.” “I’ll bet.” The room was bathed in soft, flickering candlelight that spilled out and illuminated the spread Ril had worked so hard on. There were several dishes on a low table, each filled with a different one of Juniper’s favorite types of food. A small selection of drinks, as well as a pair of glasses were on one end of the table. Surrounding the spread were pillows and blankets, turning the garden ground into an inviting, cozy spot. Juniper leaned her head on Ril’s shoulder, a gentle sigh leaving her lips. Ever the gentleman, Ril led his date to a particularly comfortable-looking collection of pillows and helped her get settled. He wrapped the softest blanket he could find around her shoulders to battle the nip of the evening air, and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before sitting down beside her. “Alright, I know you enjoy dinner with a show, which is why we’re outside.” “Oh?” “See, there is a meteor shower tonight, and this is on of the most perfect spots from which to view it.” A grin lit Juniper’s features. “Ri! That’s amazing!” “Isn’t it? I can’t wait. But, we have a little while before it gets started. Are you comfortable?” “With you? Always.” The bachelor felt warmth flood his whole being. “Where you’re sitting.” “Yes, that as well.” Juniper winked and leaned in for a kiss. The two pulled apart and gazed into each other’s eyes for a moment. “Um… drinks…?” “I would love one.” Ril swiftly picked up a bottle of Juniper’s favorite and poured two glasses. Raising his, he offered a toast. “To happiness, in it’s purest sense. May we both find what brings us joy.” With a wonderful smile, Juniper raised the glass to her lips and took a sip. “This. This is perfect.” “The drink?” “All of it. The drink, the food, the view… you…” Ril’s brown eyes filled with joy. “You’re not so bad yourself, you know.” Just as they were about to kiss once again, the shower started. Juniper let out a little gasp and turned to watch the meteors streaking across the night sky. “It’s beautiful!” Tilting his head to gaze at his date, Ril nodded. “It really is the perfect view.” [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/9dfc/f/2018/260/9/2/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y0n.png[/img] The night dragged on, both Ril and Juniper lost in the sky, and in being together. It was all just so perfect. After a few hours, Juniper lifted her head and turned to look at her date. “Ri, this is…” He smiled. “I know. I feel it too.” Taking her claws in his, he pressed a gentle kiss to her nose. “You. You’re all I want, Juniper. I can see it so clearly. I’m in love with you, more intensely than I ever thought possible. And I know you have a huge decision to make, but I… I don’t think it’s fair to let you make it without knowing how I feel.” Juniper could see the nerves in his eyes, felt them in the slight shake in his claws. “Thank you. I… I appreciate knowing how you feel.” “Does it change anything? About your decision?” A sigh from the bachelorette. “I don’t know yet. I don’t know what I’m going to do. And I… yes. It helps. Knowing. It helps a lot.” She rested her head on his shoulder and gazed up at the twinkling sky. “But I don’t want to talk about that right now. Or think about it at all. I just want to be here, in the moment. With you. Happy.” Ril dropped his cheek to the top of her head, a content smile slipping past his lips. “I can work with that.” [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/9dfc/f/2018/260/9/2/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y0n.png[/img] That morning, Juniper’s eyes fluttered open to the rising sunlight spilling over the garden. She smiled and rolled over, bumping into Ril. “Mmm. Morning.” Ril grinned broadly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “Morning. You look beautiful.” “It’s the lighting.” “Uh huh. Sure.” The couple began gathering dishes and folding blankets from the picnic the previous night. About half way through, Ril grabbed Juniper’s wrist, pulling her close and pressing another kiss to her lips. “This was everything to me.” “Me too.” She blushed slightly and kissed him back. “But I’ve got to go. I… I have…” “I know.” Ril’s face fell slightly at the thought of her having another date, but he pushed it out of his mind. “I’ll miss you.” Pressing one final kiss to her date, Juni pulled out of his embrace. “I’ve really got to go, hon. I’ll see you soon.” As he watched he walk away, Ril’s heart ached. He didn’t know what the future held for Juniper, but he was sure, more than he had ever been in his life, that they were right for each other. But that would be for her to decide. For now, all he could do was wait, dream, and hope. ------ Hey all! So sorry for the long wait between updates - I was fighting through some MASSIVE writer’s block to try and finish this season. I tend to get very excited about starting new things, and I have been working on stuff for season 2, but that frequently means I loose steam in my current project. But, I promise, I will be finishing this one now! I think I’ve finally found my path for the rest of the season, and I’m so excited to share it with all of you! As usual, I’d love to hear what you all think of this episode! :D I had fun writing it, and I can’t wait to get to the next chapters! :D @Petall @misc20 @EmeraldJubilee @WhiteAqua @dillykai @Aetherstorm @AquaSoars @lilastar @JujYFru1T @Flay624 @tarunarei @FinalValkyrie21 @Palech @RiaFire11 @LostMasquerade @Biuret @Quintillion @Justdevon @TruthandLies @WOF2012 @Capricom @Everburn @StarsAndMoon @Stri @Olkai @zzzhorses @HopeBagels @JazzTheDinoQueen @Capricom @TwilightStars @Frog4life4 @Talismarr @GlobalMaleficium @Moshipuppy @Aurealis @clementine2017 @LadyFairchild @catmeow1 @Firefly15 @shirotsubaki6564 @Gracekit @Cheryy @KairinRose @Silverstream2 @MysticalScribe @skyylight @WeaverofLies
6_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y8b.png
Guys Choice - Part 1

Juniper’s eyes filled with wonder as she stepped down the final few stairs, taking Ril’s offered arm. “Ri, this is…”

A soft smile took over the male’s face. “I’m glad. It took a surprising amount of planning.”

“I’ll bet.”

The room was bathed in soft, flickering candlelight that spilled out and illuminated the spread Ril had worked so hard on. There were several dishes on a low table, each filled with a different one of Juniper’s favorite types of food. A small selection of drinks, as well as a pair of glasses were on one end of the table. Surrounding the spread were pillows and blankets, turning the garden ground into an inviting, cozy spot.

Juniper leaned her head on Ril’s shoulder, a gentle sigh leaving her lips.

Ever the gentleman, Ril led his date to a particularly comfortable-looking collection of pillows and helped her get settled. He wrapped the softest blanket he could find around her shoulders to battle the nip of the evening air, and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before sitting down beside her. “Alright, I know you enjoy dinner with a show, which is why we’re outside.”

“Oh?”

“See, there is a meteor shower tonight, and this is on of the most perfect spots from which to view it.”

A grin lit Juniper’s features. “Ri! That’s amazing!”

“Isn’t it? I can’t wait. But, we have a little while before it gets started. Are you comfortable?”

“With you? Always.”

The bachelor felt warmth flood his whole being. “Where you’re sitting.”

“Yes, that as well.” Juniper winked and leaned in for a kiss.

The two pulled apart and gazed into each other’s eyes for a moment. “Um… drinks…?”

“I would love one.”

Ril swiftly picked up a bottle of Juniper’s favorite and poured two glasses. Raising his, he offered a toast. “To happiness, in it’s purest sense. May we both find what brings us joy.”

With a wonderful smile, Juniper raised the glass to her lips and took a sip. “This. This is perfect.”

“The drink?”

“All of it. The drink, the food, the view… you…”

Ril’s brown eyes filled with joy. “You’re not so bad yourself, you know.”

Just as they were about to kiss once again, the shower started. Juniper let out a little gasp and turned to watch the meteors streaking across the night sky. “It’s beautiful!”

Tilting his head to gaze at his date, Ril nodded. “It really is the perfect view.”

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y0n.png

The night dragged on, both Ril and Juniper lost in the sky, and in being together. It was all just so perfect. After a few hours, Juniper lifted her head and turned to look at her date. “Ri, this is…”

He smiled. “I know. I feel it too.” Taking her claws in his, he pressed a gentle kiss to her nose. “You. You’re all I want, Juniper. I can see it so clearly. I’m in love with you, more intensely than I ever thought possible. And I know you have a huge decision to make, but I… I don’t think it’s fair to let you make it without knowing how I feel.”

Juniper could see the nerves in his eyes, felt them in the slight shake in his claws. “Thank you. I… I appreciate knowing how you feel.”

“Does it change anything? About your decision?”

A sigh from the bachelorette. “I don’t know yet. I don’t know what I’m going to do. And I… yes. It helps. Knowing. It helps a lot.” She rested her head on his shoulder and gazed up at the twinkling sky. “But I don’t want to talk about that right now. Or think about it at all. I just want to be here, in the moment. With you. Happy.”

Ril dropped his cheek to the top of her head, a content smile slipping past his lips. “I can work with that.”

That morning, Juniper’s eyes fluttered open to the rising sunlight spilling over the garden. She smiled and rolled over, bumping into Ril. “Mmm. Morning.”

Ril grinned broadly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “Morning. You look beautiful.”

“It’s the lighting.”

“Uh huh. Sure.”

The couple began gathering dishes and folding blankets from the picnic the previous night. About half way through, Ril grabbed Juniper’s wrist, pulling her close and pressing another kiss to her lips. “This was everything to me.”

“Me too.” She blushed slightly and kissed him back. “But I’ve got to go. I… I have…”

“I know.” Ril’s face fell slightly at the thought of her having another date, but he pushed it out of his mind. “I’ll miss you.”

Pressing one final kiss to her date, Juni pulled out of his embrace. “I’ve really got to go, hon. I’ll see you soon.”

As he watched he walk away, Ril’s heart ached. He didn’t know what the future held for Juniper, but he was sure, more than he had ever been in his life, that they were right for each other. But that would be for her to decide. For now, all he could do was wait, dream, and hope.

Hey all! So sorry for the long wait between updates - I was fighting through some MASSIVE writer’s block to try and finish this season. I tend to get very excited about starting new things, and I have been working on stuff for season 2, but that frequently means I loose steam in my current project. But, I promise, I will be finishing this one now! I think I’ve finally found my path for the rest of the season, and I’m so excited to share it with all of you!

As usual, I’d love to hear what you all think of this episode! :D I had fun writing it, and I can’t wait to get to the next chapters! :D

@Petall @misc20 @EmeraldJubilee @WhiteAqua @dillykai @Aetherstorm @AquaSoars @lilastar @JujYFru1T @Flay624 @tarunarei @FinalValkyrie21 @Palech @RiaFire11 @LostMasquerade @Biuret @Quintillion @Justdevon @TruthandLies @WOF2012 @Capricom @Everburn @StarsAndMoon @Stri @Olkai @zzzhorses @HopeBagels @JazzTheDinoQueen @Capricom @TwilightStars @Frog4life4 @Talismarr @GlobalMaleficium @Moshipuppy @Aurealis @clementine2017 @LadyFairchild @catmeow1 @Firefly15 @shirotsubaki6564 @Gracekit @Cheryy @KairinRose @Silverstream2 @MysticalScribe @skyylight @WeaverofLies
Yo it’s Stri! I’ve changed my Username
Yo it’s Stri! I’ve changed my Username
Sol~
sZShZzW.png
mlHpBMC.png
OxagJgG.png
GjJlaVJ.png
I love Danganronpa & Yakuza
Celeste is best girl, But I love Toko too
Majima Goro the beloved ever
Splatoon 3 Addict
Bisexual Aromantic Polyam
@StrudleNugget :D Changing it now! :D
@StrudleNugget :D Changing it now! :D
aww this date was so sweet qvq
aww this date was so sweet qvq
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@CleverDual

I'm so excited I almost put your username in all caps.

IF I WASN'T TEAM RIL BEFORE (AND YOU KNOW I WAS) I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOW!!! BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THOSE TWO ARE PERFECT!!!
@CleverDual

I'm so excited I almost put your username in all caps.

IF I WASN'T TEAM RIL BEFORE (AND YOU KNOW I WAS) I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOW!!! BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THOSE TWO ARE PERFECT!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@CleverDual Oh. My. GOD. These two are MEANT for eachother (then again I'll probably say that after every date)!!! And the long wait is more than fine if you're turning out this kind of quality stuff [emoji=heart][emoji=spiral]
@CleverDual

Oh. My. GOD. These two are MEANT for eachother (then again I'll probably say that after every date)!!!
And the long wait is more than fine if you're turning out this kind of quality stuff
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2fe6/f/2018/260/3/e/6_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y8b.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Brush Script MT][size=6]Guys Choice - Part 2[/size][/font][/center] Scout steadied his breathing, taking a moment to pull his thoughts together. He knew that freaking out wouldn’t help anything. Whatever pressures were on this date needed to be pushed to the side. After all, this was just about spending time with Juniper. As long as he focused on that, everything would be alright. Because he trusted her. And he knew she would make the right decision. As hard as it was to let go, knowing that Juniper was so level-headed helped calm his pounding heart. She would make the best choice. “Hey!” The skydancer was yanked from his thoughts at the sound of Juni running towards him. She hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek before looking around. “This is amazing!” A smile. “Yeah?” “Um, yeah.” Juinper’s eyes floated over the buildings around them, taking in as many details as she could. She couldn’t help but stop and stare at the theater, it’s grand archways and flamboyant signs bringing a smile to her face. “That looks…” Smiling knowingly, Scout offered her his arm. “Would you like to go in? Perhaps see a show?” Juniper’s jaw dropped. “Seriously? Yes! Do you even have to ask?” The couple walked into the building, both taking a moment to admire the fantastical architecture. There was a bit of time before the performance would start, but they decided to get their seats anyways. When they entered the theater itself, Juniper breathed out a long, contented sigh. In place of the chairs usually found in such establishments, there were large cushions on the floor. They looked endlessly comfortable. “It isn’t reserved, go pick wherever you want to sit.” Laughing, the bachelorette took off, weaving around the room until she found just the right spot. She waited until Scout was settled before flopping back into the pillows, which almost swallowed her up. Scout just laughed and dove on her, claws immediately finding her ticklish sides. A good-natured shriek escaped Juni’s lips as she tried her best to get away from the torture, laughing all the while. A stern look from some older theater-goers caused the couple to sit up straight, chewing on their lips for a moment before catching each other’s eyes and bursting into a fit of giggles. “He looked so mad!” “[i]He[/i] looked mad?” Scout’s eyes were shimmering with repressed laughter. “I thought she would come over here and kill me!” “I did too! She’s seriously-” Juniper was cut off by the orchestra beginning to play. Scout couldn’t help but notice how still she got, how enraptured by the music and colors and lights. The story was good, nothing to write home about, and the acting was alright. But Juniper was so engrossed in every second. It made him feel so whole, seeing how happy she was. That’s all he wanted. He was learning that more and more. He just wanted her to be happy. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/9dfc/f/2018/260/9/2/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y0n.png[/img] “You liked it?” “Liked it? I LOVED it! It was amazing! The main actress, I’ve been dying to see her for so long! She’s a legend, you know? And I’ve never heard the story before! I usually read plays before I go see them, but, well, since I didn’t know where we were going, I obviously couldn’t, and it was the best! Not knowing what was coming next? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Well, on the edge of my cushion, I guess, but it still works! And I- why are you smiling?” The young bachelor ducked his head, trying to hide his amusement from his date. “You’re just… you’re so beautiful when you get passionate about something. And pretty much always.” A flush rose to Juniper’s cheeks. She looked like she was going to say something for a moment, but wound up leaning in for a deep kiss instead. They stayed there, lip locked, for what felt like ages, before she finally pulled away. “You’re amazing.” “I try.” “How did you know I loved theater this much? I haven’t told anyone.” Scout smiled, nodding. “Ah, that. Well, I spend more time in the library than most of the other guys combined. You also spend a lot of time there. And I just couldn’t help but notice that most of your picks were scrips. So I assumed you would like going to see them in action.” Juniper’s face lit up. “So, what you’re saying is that you’re basically an aspiring detective?” “Mmm. Basically.” “Fascinating. Tell me more.” “About?” “Myself.” “Ahh, my favorite topic.” Rolling her eyes, Juni swatted his shoulder. “Oh, shush, you.” [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/9dfc/f/2018/260/9/2/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y0n.png[/img] When they got back to the mansion, Juniper hung on to Scout’s arm, keeping him outside. “So. I wanted to ask you something.” “Yeah?” Scout smiled. “Of course, love.” “Well… I was wondering how you imagine us. If I chose you, what do you want our future to look like?” Taking a moment to ponder the question, the skydancer closed his eyes. He saw it, clear as day. A small home, out in the middle of the country, a cozy fire with a few pillows beside it. Fresh dinner on the table, two little hatchlings chasing each other around the room. And Juniper, smiling up at him. It was perfect. “Scout?” Juniper’s voice was soft as she brushed a tear off his cheek. “Is everything alright?” The small movement brought him crashing back to the present. “Yes. Sorry, I was just… I can see it. I can see us being happy, Juni. With a home and hatchlings and everything…” He paused, something occurring to him. “But is that what you want?” Juniper took a small step back. “I… of course! I definitely want all that. I just… I don’t know. It’s a lot to think about.” “I know.” Taking her in his arms, Scout gently kissed her forehead. “It’s alright. You don’t have to have all the answers right now. Or any, if you aren’t ready. You’ll figure it out.” She sighed, smiling up at him. “I had a wonderful time tonight.” “Me too.” “Good. I’ll see you later, okay?” With that, she turned and made her way back into the mansion, leaving Scout outside, watching her walk away. He smiled. And not only was she happy, but so was he. ----- This chapter was so much fun to write! I’m so grateful for all of you who have responded (I’m sorry I haven’t had time to respond to comments) and I’m so happy to be back in the flow of writing this! I literally can not wait to get to the end of this all, and share with you all my plans for the next season! :D :D Hope you’re all having a lovely day! @Petall @misc20 @EmeraldJubilee @WhiteAqua @dillykai @Aetherstorm @AquaSoars @lilastar @JujYFru1T @Flay624 @tarunarei @FinalValkyrie21 @Palech @RiaFire11 @LostMasquerade @Biuret @Quintillion @Justdevon @TruthandLies @WOF2012 @Capricom @Everburn @StarsAndMoon @StrudleNugget @Olkai @zzzhorses @HopeBagels @JazzTheDinoQueen @Capricom @TwilightStars @Frog4life4 @Talismarr @GlobalMaleficium @Moshipuppy @Aurealis @clementine2017 @LadyFairchild @catmeow1 @Firefly15 @shirotsubaki6564 @Gracekit @Cheryy @KairinRose @Silverstream2 @MysticalScribe @skyylight @WeaverofLies
6_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y8b.png
Guys Choice - Part 2

Scout steadied his breathing, taking a moment to pull his thoughts together. He knew that freaking out wouldn’t help anything. Whatever pressures were on this date needed to be pushed to the side. After all, this was just about spending time with Juniper. As long as he focused on that, everything would be alright. Because he trusted her. And he knew she would make the right decision. As hard as it was to let go, knowing that Juniper was so level-headed helped calm his pounding heart. She would make the best choice.

“Hey!” The skydancer was yanked from his thoughts at the sound of Juni running towards him. She hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek before looking around. “This is amazing!”

A smile. “Yeah?”

“Um, yeah.” Juinper’s eyes floated over the buildings around them, taking in as many details as she could. She couldn’t help but stop and stare at the theater, it’s grand archways and flamboyant signs bringing a smile to her face. “That looks…”

Smiling knowingly, Scout offered her his arm. “Would you like to go in? Perhaps see a show?”

Juniper’s jaw dropped. “Seriously? Yes! Do you even have to ask?”

The couple walked into the building, both taking a moment to admire the fantastical architecture. There was a bit of time before the performance would start, but they decided to get their seats anyways. When they entered the theater itself, Juniper breathed out a long, contented sigh. In place of the chairs usually found in such establishments, there were large cushions on the floor. They looked endlessly comfortable.

“It isn’t reserved, go pick wherever you want to sit.”

Laughing, the bachelorette took off, weaving around the room until she found just the right spot. She waited until Scout was settled before flopping back into the pillows, which almost swallowed her up. Scout just laughed and dove on her, claws immediately finding her ticklish sides. A good-natured shriek escaped Juni’s lips as she tried her best to get away from the torture, laughing all the while.

A stern look from some older theater-goers caused the couple to sit up straight, chewing on their lips for a moment before catching each other’s eyes and bursting into a fit of giggles. “He looked so mad!”

He looked mad?” Scout’s eyes were shimmering with repressed laughter. “I thought she would come over here and kill me!”

“I did too! She’s seriously-” Juniper was cut off by the orchestra beginning to play. Scout couldn’t help but notice how still she got, how enraptured by the music and colors and lights. The story was good, nothing to write home about, and the acting was alright. But Juniper was so engrossed in every second. It made him feel so whole, seeing how happy she was. That’s all he wanted. He was learning that more and more. He just wanted her to be happy.

“You liked it?”

“Liked it? I LOVED it! It was amazing! The main actress, I’ve been dying to see her for so long! She’s a legend, you know? And I’ve never heard the story before! I usually read plays before I go see them, but, well, since I didn’t know where we were going, I obviously couldn’t, and it was the best! Not knowing what was coming next? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Well, on the edge of my cushion, I guess, but it still works! And I- why are you smiling?”

The young bachelor ducked his head, trying to hide his amusement from his date. “You’re just… you’re so beautiful when you get passionate about something. And pretty much always.”

A flush rose to Juniper’s cheeks. She looked like she was going to say something for a moment, but wound up leaning in for a deep kiss instead.

They stayed there, lip locked, for what felt like ages, before she finally pulled away. “You’re amazing.”

“I try.”

“How did you know I loved theater this much? I haven’t told anyone.”

Scout smiled, nodding. “Ah, that. Well, I spend more time in the library than most of the other guys combined. You also spend a lot of time there. And I just couldn’t help but notice that most of your picks were scrips. So I assumed you would like going to see them in action.”

Juniper’s face lit up. “So, what you’re saying is that you’re basically an aspiring detective?”

“Mmm. Basically.”

“Fascinating. Tell me more.”

“About?”

“Myself.”

“Ahh, my favorite topic.”

Rolling her eyes, Juni swatted his shoulder. “Oh, shush, you.”

When they got back to the mansion, Juniper hung on to Scout’s arm, keeping him outside. “So. I wanted to ask you something.”

“Yeah?” Scout smiled. “Of course, love.”

“Well… I was wondering how you imagine us. If I chose you, what do you want our future to look like?”

Taking a moment to ponder the question, the skydancer closed his eyes. He saw it, clear as day. A small home, out in the middle of the country, a cozy fire with a few pillows beside it. Fresh dinner on the table, two little hatchlings chasing each other around the room. And Juniper, smiling up at him. It was perfect.

“Scout?” Juniper’s voice was soft as she brushed a tear off his cheek. “Is everything alright?”

The small movement brought him crashing back to the present. “Yes. Sorry, I was just… I can see it. I can see us being happy, Juni. With a home and hatchlings and everything…” He paused, something occurring to him. “But is that what you want?”

Juniper took a small step back. “I… of course! I definitely want all that. I just… I don’t know. It’s a lot to think about.”

“I know.” Taking her in his arms, Scout gently kissed her forehead. “It’s alright. You don’t have to have all the answers right now. Or any, if you aren’t ready. You’ll figure it out.”

She sighed, smiling up at him. “I had a wonderful time tonight.”

“Me too.”

“Good. I’ll see you later, okay?”

With that, she turned and made her way back into the mansion, leaving Scout outside, watching her walk away. He smiled. And not only was she happy, but so was he.

This chapter was so much fun to write! I’m so grateful for all of you who have responded (I’m sorry I haven’t had time to respond to comments) and I’m so happy to be back in the flow of writing this! I literally can not wait to get to the end of this all, and share with you all my plans for the next season! :D :D Hope you’re all having a lovely day!

@Petall @misc20 @EmeraldJubilee @WhiteAqua @dillykai @Aetherstorm @AquaSoars @lilastar @JujYFru1T @Flay624 @tarunarei @FinalValkyrie21 @Palech @RiaFire11 @LostMasquerade @Biuret @Quintillion @Justdevon @TruthandLies @WOF2012 @Capricom @Everburn @StarsAndMoon @StrudleNugget @Olkai @zzzhorses @HopeBagels @JazzTheDinoQueen @Capricom @TwilightStars @Frog4life4 @Talismarr @GlobalMaleficium @Moshipuppy @Aurealis @clementine2017 @LadyFairchild @catmeow1 @Firefly15 @shirotsubaki6564 @Gracekit @Cheryy @KairinRose @Silverstream2 @MysticalScribe @skyylight @WeaverofLies
Awww, the dynamic between them is great! :]
Awww, the dynamic between them is great! :]
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 46 47