Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 6: Knock Wood[/b] Roll: 38, Challenge [item=Aer sprite][item=pulsating pendant][item=Aer sprite] Tree stood awake the entire night. He had attracted a small flock of birds before dawn, alighting on his ever-growing forest. Since they had kept growing and damaging his nerves, eventually his wings and head stopped hurting and settled into a sort of numbness. He watched the sun rise over the lake, and began to catch fish and meat for the other two dragons before long. A few particularly smart crows from Tree’s new flock began to catch fish for him, and Tree made a few traps from his ivy and some twigs. Wisteria awoke, confused, to a large campfire. The verdant abomination sat beside her with a pile of roast fish. Once it saw that she had awakened, Tree pushed half of the pile to her and continued cooking. As she nibbled on her (absolutely delicious) breakfast, she noticed that the once-Wildclaw now had a bird following. The neon spiral still was aslee, breathing lightly. The sun was well into the sky by the time he begun to awaken. Wisteria and Tree, in the meanwhile, had begun to build a small shelter for themselves, which turned into a raggedy lean-to before long. Azul dreamt of dandelions. They filled every corner of his dream, floating in the air, clumped in between his scales, and littering the soft grass where he walked. He Florio lied among the dandelions, scattering then, breathing in their very essence, until he woke up. He woke up gasping. His lungs felt as if they were growing something, and he inhaled less and less air. While Wisteria and Tree were out gathering more provisions for their shelter, Azul drowned in dandelion seeds. [rule] “WHAT THE HECK?!” Alastra slammed her fist on one of the monitors, causing it to flicker for a moment, “Why are you so unstable? We had you in a lab for SIX WEEKS, and NOTHING HAPPENED. NADA. AND NOW YOU ALL DROP LIKE MUTATED FLIES.” Alastra downed the last of her fifth cup of coffee. Since Subject 2 stayed up all night, she had to as well to keep watch. She released higher quality cam-golems into the biome yesterday, and now she had the first high-definition death of an experiment. “Alastra? It’s only ten, what’s wrong?” A worried intern peeped in to Alastra’s office, currently littered with reports of the previous days, “Do you need me to call the boss again?” “Yes please, Ti. I’d appreciate it.” The Skydancer intern, Ti, went way again, and returned a few minutes later with the Head of the Paradise. “What happened now, Alastra? Did another transform?” The Head almost looked eager for news. “Test 3 just died.” The spiral said, deadpan. “Oh [censored]. How?” “We don’t know. There hasn’t been an autopsy yet.” “Well, please make that happen. I need to keep selling the idea of the Paradisers to the higher-ups, but I trust you.” Alastra got more coffee. Pinglist: @/ilimati @/relics @/petall RNG needs to tone down the death in this Locke. Like, really. It’s been 6 days. Anyways, I’ll have an autopsy report later today, and then we can continue on perfectly. Updates from tomorrow on may be a bit sporadic, since I’m going to be really busy, but I’ll try to keep up. That’s all for today, and if you are as ticked at RNG as I am, just remember: Everything’s fine.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 6: Knock Wood
Roll: 38, Challenge
Aer Sprite Pulsating Pendant Aer Sprite

Tree stood awake the entire night. He had attracted a small flock of birds before dawn, alighting on his ever-growing forest. Since they had kept growing and damaging his nerves, eventually his wings and head stopped hurting and settled into a sort of numbness. He watched the sun rise over the lake, and began to catch fish and meat for the other two dragons before long. A few particularly smart crows from Tree’s new flock began to catch fish for him, and Tree made a few traps from his ivy and some twigs.

Wisteria awoke, confused, to a large campfire. The verdant abomination sat beside her with a pile of roast fish. Once it saw that she had awakened, Tree pushed half of the pile to her and continued cooking. As she nibbled on her (absolutely delicious) breakfast, she noticed that the once-Wildclaw now had a bird following. The neon spiral still was aslee, breathing lightly. The sun was well into the sky by the time he begun to awaken. Wisteria and Tree, in the meanwhile, had begun to build a small shelter for themselves, which turned into a raggedy lean-to before long.

Azul dreamt of dandelions. They filled every corner of his dream, floating in the air, clumped in between his scales, and littering the soft grass where he walked. He Florio lied among the dandelions, scattering then, breathing in their very essence, until he woke up.
He woke up gasping. His lungs felt as if they were growing something, and he inhaled less and less air. While Wisteria and Tree were out gathering more provisions for their shelter, Azul drowned in dandelion seeds.
“WHAT THE HECK?!” Alastra slammed her fist on one of the monitors, causing it to flicker for a moment, “Why are you so unstable? We had you in a lab for SIX WEEKS, and NOTHING HAPPENED. NADA. AND NOW YOU ALL DROP LIKE MUTATED FLIES.” Alastra downed the last of her fifth cup of coffee. Since Subject 2 stayed up all night, she had to as well to keep watch. She released higher quality cam-golems into the biome yesterday, and now she had the first high-definition death of an experiment.
“Alastra? It’s only ten, what’s wrong?” A worried intern peeped in to Alastra’s office, currently littered with reports of the previous days, “Do you need me to call the boss again?”
“Yes please, Ti. I’d appreciate it.” The Skydancer intern, Ti, went way again, and returned a few minutes later with the Head of the Paradise.
“What happened now, Alastra? Did another transform?” The Head almost looked eager for news.
“Test 3 just died.” The spiral said, deadpan.
“Oh [censored]. How?”
“We don’t know. There hasn’t been an autopsy yet.”
“Well, please make that happen. I need to keep selling the idea of the Paradisers to the higher-ups, but I trust you.”
Alastra got more coffee.

Pinglist:
@/ilimati @/relics @/petall
RNG needs to tone down the death in this Locke. Like, really. It’s been 6 days. Anyways, I’ll have an autopsy report later today, and then we can continue on perfectly. Updates from tomorrow on may be a bit sporadic, since I’m going to be really busy, but I’ll try to keep up. That’s all for today, and if you are as ticked at RNG as I am, just remember: Everything’s fine.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Oh gosh, the RNG really does not like you...
@Shadowbirch

Oh gosh, the RNG really does not like you...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I love how she just keeps downing coffee
I love how she just keeps downing coffee
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@petall I know! They just keep dying and I don’t know how to appease RNG. Cookies? Disney movies? The Shade?? We’ll never know, I guess.
@petall I know! They just keep dying and I don’t know how to appease RNG. Cookies? Disney movies? The Shade?? We’ll never know, I guess.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 6.5: Test Subject Autopsy[/b] [item=Java sparrow][item=Strangling root][item=Java sparrow] Alastra sat frustrated at an old computer. Beside her lay three empty cups of coffee, still warm from the liquids they once held. She was so done with this experiment. It was her third dragon-based experiment, the first two being a great success. She couldn’t see why these subjects were just so... unstable. She continued her fervent typing, and an hour later a printed document was taken from her sleeping form. [quote=Test Subject 3 Review and Autopsy] [font=courier new][size=5]Alastra Lilyblood Autopsy and Review of Subject 3, “Azul” “Azul” was a lanky, cyan Spiral. He was a lightning dragon. Subject 3 was observed to be kind-hearted and carefree strikes, but also anxious in unfamiliar situations. He was seen going into shock when 2(“Tree) underwent mutation, and had not yet realized the situation. No physical or emotional changes were noted before death, unlike subject 1. Autopsy revealed dandelion seeds in the airway and lungs, as well as various other dandelion and other plants growing nearby. It is assumed these plants have grown unobtrusively for some time. Testing had been done early, and has revealed no changes to tissues except for the structure of the lungs. It is unclear how they changed, as they were shrunken and filled with plant matter post mortem. His lungs and the plants growing in them are currently being genetically tested. Footage of the subject’s last moments are also being reviewed.[/font] [font=cursive][s]I swear to the gods if I don’t get a raise after this I’m going to die of overcaffeination. I have had THREE POTS of coffee and am so done with these stupid plant hybrid whatevers.[/s][/quote] Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics It’s out! Hopefully Alastra’s report gave you more insight on our newest dead experiment. Thanks RNG you kinda suck right now [s]make it up to me by giving me Morph please[/s].
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 6.5: Test Subject Autopsy
Java Sparrow Strangling Root Java Sparrow

Alastra sat frustrated at an old computer. Beside her lay three empty cups of coffee, still warm from the liquids they once held. She was so done with this experiment. It was her third dragon-based experiment, the first two being a great success. She couldn’t see why these subjects were just so... unstable. She continued her fervent typing, and an hour later a printed document was taken from her sleeping form.
Test Subject 3 Review and Autopsy wrote:
Alastra Lilyblood
Autopsy and Review of Subject 3, “Azul”

“Azul” was a lanky, cyan Spiral. He was a lightning dragon. Subject 3 was observed to be kind-hearted and carefree strikes, but also anxious in unfamiliar situations. He was seen going into shock when 2(“Tree) underwent mutation, and had not yet realized the situation. No physical or emotional changes were noted before death, unlike subject 1.

Autopsy revealed dandelion seeds in the airway and lungs, as well as various other dandelion and other plants growing nearby. It is assumed these plants have grown unobtrusively for some time. Testing had been done early, and has revealed no changes to tissues except for the structure of the lungs. It is unclear how they changed, as they were shrunken and filled with plant matter post mortem. His lungs and the plants growing in them are currently being genetically tested. Footage of the subject’s last moments are also being reviewed.

I swear to the gods if I don’t get a raise after this I’m going to die of overcaffeination. I have had THREE POTS of coffee and am so done with these stupid plant hybrid whatevers.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics

It’s out! Hopefully Alastra’s report gave you more insight on our newest dead experiment. Thanks RNG you kinda suck right now make it up to me by giving me Morph please.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
Will Ti be important in the future?
Will Ti be important in the future?
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Relics Ti is going to be a small side character, but since he’s just an intern he has little to no control over the actual events of the story. He still is the only one to bring Alastra coffee though, and I can’t wait to write more scenes between them (since the Head of the project is really kinda boring to write with. She seems one-track and bland and I’m not sure how to fix that).

Rambling aside: Probably. I don’t really know yet, but he’s gonna get a scry and outfit because I love his character.
@Relics Ti is going to be a small side character, but since he’s just an intern he has little to no control over the actual events of the story. He still is the only one to bring Alastra coffee though, and I can’t wait to write more scenes between them (since the Head of the project is really kinda boring to write with. She seems one-track and bland and I’m not sure how to fix that).

Rambling aside: Probably. I don’t really know yet, but he’s gonna get a scry and outfit because I love his character.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Ping please?
@Shadowbirch

Ping please?
UwkMyF.png
@Shadowbirch

Let's hope the RNG holds off on deaths for a while now...

I am very curious about what all this experimentation is for!
@Shadowbirch

Let's hope the RNG holds off on deaths for a while now...

I am very curious about what all this experimentation is for!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@nalrene I’ll add you in a second!

@petall For fun, of course. There is actually a deeper purpose to this, but I’ll reveal it later on. My story’s already jumped ahead waaay too much because of the two deaths.
@nalrene I’ll add you in a second!

@petall For fun, of course. There is actually a deeper purpose to this, but I’ll reveal it later on. My story’s already jumped ahead waaay too much because of the two deaths.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40