Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | ~Interactive Lore: Clan of Clear Waters
1 2 3 4 5
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/ice_1.png[/img][font=skia][size=5] The Clan of Clear Waters[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/ice_1.png[/img][/center] [center][font=skia][i]Proud as the mountains, kind as the forest, true as the river[/i][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/HLHUpXs.png[/img][/center] [i][font=skia][size=5]Welcome travelers~[/i] [font=skia][size=4]The Clan of Clear Waters is a peaceful, tight-knit group of dragons who believe in loyalty and freedom above all. They gladly accept visitors, should some stop by in this thread and wish to learn more. [center]~~~[/center] [size=4]This is an interactive lore page where you can initiate a casual RP with any of the clan members. I'm making this interactive to deepen my dragon's lore as well as to make some connections with other lore lairs! When interacting, please refrain from doing anything drastic unless you PM me and we talk about it. If anything, think of this thread as a way to develop your characters and mine in a low stress, commitment-free way! For the sake of my sanity, please try to keep the RPs short/medium-short, i.e no grand quests for saving the world here, (unless we both get really into the story, then I might move it into it's own thread on the RP forum).Please post a picture of the dragon you have visit here so I can add them and their interactions to the thread. ^^ [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/HLHUpXs.png[/img] [font=skia][size=4][u]Thread Directory[/u] 1. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32400035]Territory[/url] 2. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32400718]History[/url] 3. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32410086]Clan Members [/url] 4. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32410174]Hatchlings[/url] 5. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32410202]Stories[/url] 6. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32410211]Art[/url] 7. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32410263]Visitors[/url] 8.[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2405940#post_32411264]Announcements[/url] [/center]
ice_1.png The Clan of Clear Watersice_1.png

Proud as the mountains, kind as the forest, true as the river

HLHUpXs.png

Welcome travelers~
The Clan of Clear Waters is a peaceful, tight-knit group of dragons who believe in loyalty and freedom above all. They gladly accept visitors, should some stop by in this thread and wish to learn more.
~~~
This is an interactive lore page where you can initiate a casual RP with any of the clan members. I'm making this interactive to deepen my dragon's lore as well as to make some connections with other lore lairs! When interacting, please refrain from doing anything drastic unless you PM me and we talk about it. If anything, think of this thread as a way to develop your characters and mine in a low stress, commitment-free way! For the sake of my sanity, please try to keep the RPs short/medium-short, i.e no grand quests for saving the world here, (unless we both get really into the story, then I might move it into it's own thread on the RP forum).Please post a picture of the dragon you have visit here so I can add them and their interactions to the thread. ^^

HLHUpXs.png
Thread Directory

1. Territory
2. History
3. Clan Members
4. Hatchlings
5. Stories
6. Art
7. Visitors
8.Announcements

34i36uu.png
[item=moonstone][font=skia][size=5]Territory [center][font=quatrocentro][size=5][b]Current Season:[/b] Early Summer [i]The grasses are growing taller by the day, and the pale tundra sun has made the snow retreat to the mountains. The rivers are swollen and the forest is alive.[/i] [/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/HLHUpXs.png[/img][/center] [IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/adkgfo.jpg[/IMG] [right][font=skia][size=4]The clan presides over the vast majority of the forest their cave rests in. Hunters will go as far as the plains to the Northwest and the foothills to the Southeast, depending on the time of year. A small tribe of Centaurs reside in the southern region of the forest; the clan maintains a civil relationship with the beasts.[/right] [columns] [indent][font=skia][size=5]Native Fauna [item=elk] [item=snowfall elk] [item=squall rasa][item=hippojay] [item=winter wolf][item=snowsquall floracat] [item=wintermane bowman][item=hedgehog][/indent] [nextcol][indent][right][font=skia][size=5]Native Flora [item=arctic scrub][item=tundra cactus] [item=sea grass][item=winterbelle] [item=winter's delight][item=spearmint] [item=blue honeycomb][item=wisp fruit] [/right][/indent]
Moonstone Territory

Current Season:
Early Summer
The grasses are growing taller by the day, and the pale tundra sun has made the snow retreat to the mountains. The rivers are swollen and the forest is alive.

HLHUpXs.png

adkgfo.jpg
The clan presides over the vast majority of the forest their cave rests in. Hunters will go as far as the plains to the Northwest and the foothills to the Southeast,
depending on the time of year. A small tribe of Centaurs reside in the southern region of the forest; the clan maintains a civil relationship with the beasts.
Native Fauna
Elk Snowfall Elk
Squall Rasa Hippojay
Winter Wolf Snowsquall Floracat
Wintermane Bowman Hedgehog
Native Flora
Arctic Scrub Tundra Cactus
Sea Grass Winterbelle
Winter's Delight Spearmint
Blue Honeycomb Wisp Fruit
34i36uu.png
[item=azurite][font=skia][size=5] History [columns] [right][font=bodoni 72][size=7]Spring[/size] [size=5] Before the clan as it exists today came to be, there was once a young Guardian and Tundra who lived on the Zephyr Steppes. Their clan sat on a broad, rolling plain of the greenest grasses, home to a handful of misfit dragons. The sun always shone on these dragons and the wind was always soft on their scales, keeping them content for some time. It wasn't until two Imperials arrived from the sea that things began to change. Long ago, a young and naive Meikami left her home in the Gladeveins under the cover of night, vowing never to return. The Imperial flew over many regions, taking in the foreign sights and smells, stopping only at night to hunt and rest. One night, while fishing off the coast of The Sea of a Thousand Currents, a shape rose from the depths. Another Imperial, lighter than her and more lithe, swam up to the shore, head tilted slightly. [i]"You're not very good at that, you know?"[/i] ... Meikami and Mizuchi continued together, finding solace in each other and forging a bond deeper than they could have ever known. The two dragons had decided to set their sights on the icefields to the south- as far and vastly different from their pasts as possible. As they passed through the last region on their way, a disoriented and incredibly tangled Spiral collided head-on with Mizuchi, knocking him into the tall grasses below. The Spiral, unable to get an apology out slowly enough, led the pair to Windstorm. Through a strange combination of fate and chance, the Imperials stayed with the Wind clan for some time, growing close with many of the dragons. As Windstorm aged, she turned to Meikami in times of trial, building trust a strong trust. Windstorm finalized her decision to retire after a hunting accident that resulted in a broken wing, grounding her permanently. The clan relocated to the Snowsquall Tundra, where they found the haven they call home.[/size][/right] [font=bodoni 72][size=7]Summer[/size] [size=5]For a time after Meikami and Mizuchi took leadership, all was calm and peaceful in the clan. Full of artists and scientists and thinkers alike, the band of dragons made their clearing a home. The walls of the cave were alive with beautiful murals and the riverbed was comprised of shining stones and precious gems filling the grassy clearing with dancing lights. The dragons pushed farther into the forest their cave resided, chasing out rogues and beastclans alike. They tended to the forests with care and respect, laying the groundwork for the verdant lands that flourish today. For a time, life in the clan was like this. Peaceful, kind, innocent. [right][font=bodoni 72][size=7]Fall[/size] [size=5]As time went on, the clan began to deplete, slowly. The stagnation of the clan went unnoticed for many years, but as the number of original clan members dwindled lower and lower, Meikami looked around her and saw a clan on the brink of death. The temperature of their region had dropped over the years, locking the land in permanent winter. Artists fled for kinder skies, hunters left for more plentiful woods. All the while, Meikami and Mizuchi held to their past like a vice, forcing the belief that their bond could survive any trial they faced, but the degradation of the clan wore on the now seasoned Imperials. Mizuchi grew tense and prone to violent outbursts. He was unpredictable.[/right] [font=bodoni 72][size=7]Winter[/size] [size=5]There are moments in every dragon's lives of which they wish to forget. Those that were there that freezing night would wish away their memories if they could. Mizuchi had gotten increasingly more violent and aggressive. His mate would confront him often, which resulted in booming arguments that echoed through the caves. Mizuchi stormed out of his chamber, followed closely by Meikami. The Imperials teeth shone through his snarl, the light of the fires reflecting off of them. The commotion drew out the now measly-sized clan. The fight escalated, Mizuchi attacked his mate. Eniya, barely more than a hatchling at the time, tried to pull him off. In the frenzy the patriarch swung around and dug his claws and teeth into the nearest flesh, tearing without cause. An old Imperial named Howait dragged Mizuchi away, but not in time to undo what had been done. The clan froze in horror at the sight; the body of a hatchling lay, crumpled on the stone. Each dragon saw the same thing in the eyes of their old leader that night; a flash of an Emperor's wrath. Meikami held a formal hearing at dawn the next morning, fog laying heaving over the clearing. She banished her mate from the Southern Icefield, vowing to have him killed if he dared to return. After this, most dragons abandoned the clan. Meikami retreated to her lair and fell into a deep, dreamless, 3 year long sleep. [right][font=bodoni 72][size=7]Rebirth[/size] [size=5]While Meikami slept, Eniya took the position of leader as it was thrust upon her. She toiled for years, mothering hatchlings who's parents fled, hunting when there were no hunters, and defending when there were no warriors. Years passed, and the clan slowly healed from its painful past. Though as the old painters and doctors moved away, new dragons stumbled upon the clearing. These dragons sported colors, scales, and breeds the old dragons had never seen. As more and more of this new generation joined the clan, the breath of life returned to the clan. The river thawed, the trees grew, the prey returned. Though not back to its numbers as before, Eniya felt it was time. One clear day, she entered the sleeping queen's lair and gently shook her awake. Meikami opened her eyes to a new clan, and a spark of hope filled her heart.[/right]
Azurite History
Spring

Before the clan as it exists today came to be, there was once a young Guardian and Tundra who lived on the Zephyr Steppes. Their clan sat on a broad, rolling plain of the greenest grasses, home to a handful of misfit dragons. The sun always shone on these dragons and the wind was always soft on their scales, keeping them content for some time. It wasn't until two Imperials arrived from the sea that things began to change.

Long ago, a young and naive Meikami left her home in the Gladeveins under the cover of night, vowing never to return. The Imperial flew over many regions, taking in the foreign sights and smells, stopping only at night to hunt and rest. One night, while fishing off the coast of The Sea of a Thousand Currents, a shape rose from the depths. Another Imperial, lighter than her and more lithe, swam up to the shore, head tilted slightly.
"You're not very good at that, you know?"

Meikami and Mizuchi continued together, finding solace in each other and forging a bond deeper than they could have ever known. The two dragons had decided to set their sights on the icefields to the south- as far and vastly different from their pasts as possible. As they passed through the last region on their way, a disoriented and incredibly tangled Spiral collided head-on with Mizuchi, knocking him into the tall grasses below. The Spiral, unable to get an apology out slowly enough, led the pair to Windstorm. Through a strange combination of fate and chance, the Imperials stayed with the Wind clan for some time, growing close with many of the dragons. As Windstorm aged, she turned to Meikami in times of trial, building trust a strong trust. Windstorm finalized her decision to retire after a hunting accident that resulted in a broken wing, grounding her permanently. The clan relocated to the Snowsquall Tundra, where they found the haven they call home.

Summer
For a time after Meikami and Mizuchi took leadership, all was calm and peaceful in the clan. Full of artists and scientists and thinkers alike, the band of dragons made their clearing a home. The walls of the cave were alive with beautiful murals and the riverbed was comprised of shining stones and precious gems filling the grassy clearing with dancing lights. The dragons pushed farther into the forest their cave resided, chasing out rogues and beastclans alike. They tended to the forests with care and respect, laying the groundwork for the verdant lands that flourish today. For a time, life in the clan was like this. Peaceful, kind, innocent.

Fall
As time went on, the clan began to deplete, slowly. The stagnation of the clan went unnoticed for many years, but as the number of original clan members dwindled lower and lower, Meikami looked around her and saw a clan on the brink of death. The temperature of their region had dropped over the years, locking the land in permanent winter. Artists fled for kinder skies, hunters left for more plentiful woods. All the while, Meikami and Mizuchi held to their past like a vice, forcing the belief that their bond could survive any trial they faced, but the degradation of the clan wore on the now seasoned Imperials. Mizuchi grew tense and prone to violent outbursts. He was unpredictable.

Winter
There are moments in every dragon's lives of which they wish to forget. Those that were there that freezing night would wish away their memories if they could. Mizuchi had gotten increasingly more violent and aggressive. His mate would confront him often, which resulted in booming arguments that echoed through the caves. Mizuchi stormed out of his chamber, followed closely by Meikami. The Imperials teeth shone through his snarl, the light of the fires reflecting off of them. The commotion drew out the now measly-sized clan. The fight escalated, Mizuchi attacked his mate. Eniya, barely more than a hatchling at the time, tried to pull him off. In the frenzy the patriarch swung around and dug his claws and teeth into the nearest flesh, tearing without cause. An old Imperial named Howait dragged Mizuchi away, but not in time to undo what had been done. The clan froze in horror at the sight; the body of a hatchling lay, crumpled on the stone. Each dragon saw the same thing in the eyes of their old leader that night; a flash of an Emperor's wrath.

Meikami held a formal hearing at dawn the next morning, fog laying heaving over the clearing. She banished her mate from the Southern Icefield, vowing to have him killed if he dared to return. After this, most dragons abandoned the clan. Meikami retreated to her lair and fell into a deep, dreamless, 3 year long sleep.

Rebirth
While Meikami slept, Eniya took the position of leader as it was thrust upon her. She toiled for years, mothering hatchlings who's parents fled, hunting when there were no hunters, and defending when there were no warriors. Years passed, and the clan slowly healed from its painful past. Though as the old painters and doctors moved away, new dragons stumbled upon the clearing. These dragons sported colors, scales, and breeds the old dragons had never seen. As more and more of this new generation joined the clan, the breath of life returned to the clan. The river thawed, the trees grew, the prey returned. Though not back to its numbers as before, Eniya felt it was time. One clear day, she entered the sleeping queen's lair and gently shook her awake. Meikami opened her eyes to a new clan, and a spark of hope filled her heart.
34i36uu.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/ice_small.png[/img][font=skia][size=5]Clan Members [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/HLHUpXs.png[/img][/center] [right][font=Bodoni 72][size=5]The Leaders [i]Who every dragon goes to for guidance, the front of every charge and the wisdom behind every law.[/i][/right] [center][font=skia][b]Eniya[/b] [b]clan leader[/b] - passionate - instinctive[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4940150][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/49402/4940150.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia]Eniya was one of the first hatchlings to be born into the Clan of Clear Waters. Saturated in the excitement of the move buzzing around her, she quickly became a social and energetic creature. The banished king preened eher for succession, as his and Meikami''s own hatchlings all left the clan. She became a formidable Imperial under the tutelage of her own father, a fierce warrior. The dragons who were once amused by her naivety began to respect her as a promising young leader. Meikami was highly skeptical of her then mates project; she viewed Eniya as naive and incapable of the stresses of leading. The moment of truth came when the clan fell out with a neighboring herd of centaurs, inciting a battle on the edge of the clan's territory. Meikami and Howait were at a meeting of clan leaders to the north, leaving the clan vulnerable. Mizuchi stepped aside and Eniya, though sustaining deep wounds, led the clan's warriors with bravery and strategy. When Meikami returned to the aftermath of the battle, the clan told her of Eniya's conquest. It was then that the young Imperial gained the respect of her elder. Eniya's Stories: [i]- The Battle of the Southern Hills - Of Frozen Heart's and their Affections [/i] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Antilla[/b] [b]clan leader[/b] - soft spoken - empathetic[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37692881][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/376929/37692881.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Affectionately known as the clan's 'Prince', Antilla was the first Wildclaw to join the clan. He was born in a large and wealthy clan, a place where he learned to speak with respect and carry himself with honor. But as time went on, he felt the pull of something he couldn't describe grow in his chest. When he did confide in others about this feeling, he compared it to a Guardian's need to seek out it's charge. The day it became too much to bear was the day that he left, never to return. He passed through many regions and clans on his journey, but the farther he went the more lost he felt. Then, one day as the young dragon was wandering through the Sunbeam Ruins, he met a young Imperial near a river. She sported scales and wings that looked like his, but shimmered in the light instead of glinted. She was friendly and smiled often as they spoke. She told him of her clan, a growing tribe of loyal dragons buried deep in the forests of the Southern Icefield. She told him if he was looking for a place to stay, her clan would always welcome him with open wings. As she flew away, the soft-hearted Wildclaw knew where his invisible charge lay - amongst the pines and snow of the farthest place in the world. Antilla's Stories: [i]- A Fated Encounter[/i] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Meikami[/b] [b]advisor[/b] - proud - stoic[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3483156][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/34832/3483156.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Calm, regal, and intuitive, the queen-like Imperial leads her clan with dignity and pride. Her clan mates would follow her to the ends of the earth. Meikami is commonly seen sitting atop the cave, basking in the soft sunlight that filters through the pine branches. From there, she oversees the clearing along side Pina, her familiar. Meikami's Stories: [i]- The Banished[/i] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Windstorm[/b] [b]advisor[/b] - progenitor - wise[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2989670][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/29897/2989670.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Wise, caring and calm, Windstorm is respected as the original founder of the clan. Although Eniya and Antilla are seen as the leaders, it was Windstorm's clan that Meikami had found. Windstorm was grounded permanently by a hunting accident that tore her wing. She uses her time to write down the clan histories and limp through the forests, taking in the greens that remind her of her old home. She is an integral part of hatchlings upbringings, telling them stories of old and instilling in them the morals and beliefs of the clan. Windstorm's Stories: [i]- The Zephyr Steppes[/i] [/columns] [right][font=Bodoni 72][size=5]The Hunters [i]The providers for the clan, these dragons are the most connected to the wilds around them.[/i][/right] [center][font=skia][b]Honour[/b] [b]Tracker[/b] - sly - secretive[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38508022][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/385081/38508022.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Distinguised, reserved, and venerable, Honour holds true to her name in many ways. She carries herself with a silent dignity and has a deep reverence for the ancient forest around her. Honour may have been born in the Southern Icefield, but one would think she was a Nature dragon with the time she spend in woods, talking to the trees and observing life around her. The centaur herds in the forest call her the Tree Spirit for the way she blends with the shadows and the rustling of the wind. When with dragons she's close to, the Imperial has quite the dry and sarcastic sense of humor, but all in good nature. [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Atal[/b] [b]hunter[/b] - energetic - intimidating[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37779153][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/377792/37779153.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Atal has an explosive, domineering energy to her. The large Imperial makes sure to command any conversation she finds her way into. Atal is often mistaken for a male at cause of her large size and graveled voice, but she takes no offense. Atal is mated to Kaelim and has a deep affection for him, but her relationship with Karena, the Captain of the guard, is often commented on in the clan. [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Lykos[/b] [b]hunter[/b] - Observant - Dry[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42704079][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/427041/42704079.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Lykos is a newer dragon to the clan, but seems to be getting on well with the others. He came to this part of the Icefield because of the widespread renown of it's difficult-to-hunt game. He is extremely swift and persistent. [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Khonsu[/b] [b]Gatherer[/b] - distant - cold[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39473565][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/394736/39473565.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Khonsu has an extensive knowledge of flora, everywhere from fungi to grasses. He collaborates often with Aion, the bookkeeper, to thoroughly document each plant. He can often be seen on gathering treks with Honour. [/columns] [right][font=Bodoni 72][size=5]The Artists [i]The heart and soul of the clan, these dragons are responsible for the unique beauty of the clan and the documentation of it's history.[/i][/right] [center][font=skia][b]Saersa[/b] [b]poet[/b] - shy - introverted[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38320761][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/383208/38320761.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Saersa speaks the best draconic of all the coatls in the clan - save Faer - but you would never guess it. This small coatl stays all but completely silent, speaking only when she must or is with close friends. Her introversion kept her from getting too close to her clanmates, but the kind-hearted Eniya appealed to her softer side; the two slowly became close friends. Despite her silent dissposition, Saersa's finds fufillment in writing poetry. She can often be found at the edge of a lake on the border of the territory, writing classical Coatl script while her familiar Tixr watches on. Eniya was the first dragon Saersa ever went out of her way to spend time with. Although the large imperial was usually bubbly and talkative, she instantly sensed Saersa's nerves and adapted quickly. The two girls can often be seen sitting together, Eniya reading and Saersa writing. Saersa often reads her poetry to Eniya, knowing the imperial couldn't understand what she was saying. This was a good thing, because as of late, her writings have been about Eniya's mate, Antilla. The guilt of her attraction eats the coatl alive, but she can't help but look just a little too long when the imperial and wildclaw were together. Saersa's Stories: -[i]By the Water[/i] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Joilan[/b] [b]painter[/b] - spirited - lazy[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38571697][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/385717/38571697.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] Joilan came here with her cousin, Farosain, and stayed when he left. She is better known in the clan by her nickname, "bump in the river", bestowed on her due to the fact that she is almost always sleeping in the water somewhere. Joilan, much like a spiral, will have mad bursts of energy where she becomes extremely affectionate and manic. During these bursts, she rushes around the caves in search for materials or muses, then paints intricate masterpieces in a matter of hours. These moments are few and far between, though, and she usually is eating or sleeping, rarely disturbed. [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Riverdance[/b] [b]decorator[/b] - friendly - jester[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39487910][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/394880/39487910.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Barroh[/b] [b]singer[/b] - abstract - hauty[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39472933][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/394730/39472933.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Aurora[/b] [b]Dresser[/b] - flashy - glamorous[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39411469][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/394115/39411469.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [right][font=Bodoni 72][size=5]The Warriors [i]The first and last line of defense, these proud dragons will defend their home with their lives.[/i][/right] [center][font=skia][b]Karena[/b] [b]commander of the guard[/b] - harsh - sarcastic[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38666385][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/386664/38666385.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] A fierce, no nonsense dragon who protects her clan with a steel resolve. Karena took the place as general after the previous, Howait, retired. She came from a large clan where she quickly grew a cold and sarcastic disposition. When she came to this clan, her attitude took her clanmates by surprise, turning many of them away from her. Those who could handle her harshness, though, saw her potential to be formidable leader. Karena felt a great deal of pressure coming into the clan as the only Ridgeback. The feeling of apprehension from the rest of the clan made her lash out at those who dared to even make eye contact with her. Eventually, Meikami approached Karena. The two spoke for a long time of things that no other dragon will ever hear; this talk seemed to soothe her disposition; the Ridgeback became Commander soon after the fact. Karena bonded most with newcomers like herself, striking close bonds with the mysterious Cella and Keltan, a fellow warrior. [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Stejin[/b] [b]warrior[/b] - thick skulled - loud mouthed[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38855299][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/388553/38855299.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Pakhet[/b] [b]warrior[/b] - Ferocious - Passionate[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43049335][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/430494/43049335.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [right][font=Bodoni 72][size=5]The Thinkers [i]These dragons spend their time answering important questions and spreading knowledge in the clan.[/i][/right] [center][font=skia][b]Cella[/b] [b]prophet[/b] - mysterious - caring[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38649444][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/386495/38649444.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Sanra[/b] [b]diplomat[/b] - smooth - impartial[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39254882][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/392549/39254882.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Telok[/b] [b]Apprentice[/b] - studious - eager[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40238086][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/402381/40238086.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Aion[/b] [b]Teacher[/b] - measured - existential [/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42231592][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/422316/42231592.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [right][font=Bodoni 72][size=5]Other Clanmates [i]Not all dragons have specific jobs in the clan...[/i][/right] [center][font=skia][b]Endor[/b] [b]Healer[/b] [/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39277304][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/392774/39277304.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Irene[/b] [b]Caregiver[/b] - motherly - shy[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31826283][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/318263/31826283.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Fera[/b] [b]Refugee[/b] - feral - mysterious[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40716492][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/407165/40716492.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns] [center][font=skia][b]Kaelim[/b] [b]Clanmate[/b] - level- generous[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38733554][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/387336/38733554.png[/img] [nextcol][font=skia] [/columns]
ice_small.pngClan Members

HLHUpXs.png

The Leaders
Who every dragon goes to for guidance, the front of every charge and the wisdom behind every law.

Eniya
clan leader - passionate - instinctive
4940150.png
Eniya was one of the first hatchlings to be born into the Clan of Clear Waters. Saturated in the excitement of the move buzzing around her, she quickly became a social and energetic creature. The banished king preened eher for succession, as his and Meikami''s own hatchlings all left the clan. She became a formidable Imperial under the tutelage of her own father, a fierce warrior. The dragons who were once amused by her naivety began to respect her as a promising young leader. Meikami was highly skeptical of her then mates project; she viewed Eniya as naive and incapable of the stresses of leading. The moment of truth came when the clan fell out with a neighboring herd of centaurs, inciting a battle on the edge of the clan's territory. Meikami and Howait were at a meeting of clan leaders to the north, leaving the clan vulnerable. Mizuchi stepped aside and Eniya, though sustaining deep wounds, led the clan's warriors with bravery and strategy. When Meikami returned to the aftermath of the battle, the clan told her of Eniya's conquest. It was then that the young Imperial gained the respect of her elder.

Eniya's Stories:
- The Battle of the Southern Hills
- Of Frozen Heart's and their Affections

Antilla
clan leader - soft spoken - empathetic
37692881.png
Affectionately known as the clan's 'Prince', Antilla was the first Wildclaw to join the clan. He was born in a large and wealthy clan, a place where he learned to speak with respect and carry himself with honor. But as time went on, he felt the pull of something he couldn't describe grow in his chest. When he did confide in others about this feeling, he compared it to a Guardian's need to seek out it's charge. The day it became too much to bear was the day that he left, never to return. He passed through many regions and clans on his journey, but the farther he went the more lost he felt. Then, one day as the young dragon was wandering through the Sunbeam Ruins, he met a young Imperial near a river. She sported scales and wings that looked like his, but shimmered in the light instead of glinted. She was friendly and smiled often as they spoke. She told him of her clan, a growing tribe of loyal dragons buried deep in the forests of the Southern Icefield. She told him if he was looking for a place to stay, her clan would always welcome him with open wings. As she flew away, the soft-hearted Wildclaw knew where his invisible charge lay - amongst the pines and snow of the farthest place in the world.

Antilla's Stories:
- A Fated Encounter
Meikami
advisor - proud - stoic
3483156.png
Calm, regal, and intuitive, the queen-like Imperial leads her clan with dignity and pride. Her clan mates would follow her to the ends of the earth. Meikami is commonly seen sitting atop the cave, basking in the soft sunlight that filters through the pine branches. From there, she oversees the clearing along side Pina, her familiar.

Meikami's Stories:
- The Banished
Windstorm
advisor - progenitor - wise
2989670.png
Wise, caring and calm, Windstorm is respected as the original founder of the clan. Although Eniya and Antilla are seen as the leaders, it was Windstorm's clan that Meikami had found. Windstorm was grounded permanently by a hunting accident that tore her wing. She uses her time to write down the clan histories and limp through the forests, taking in the greens that remind her of her old home. She is an integral part of hatchlings upbringings, telling them stories of old and instilling in them the morals and beliefs of the clan.

Windstorm's Stories:
- The Zephyr Steppes

The Hunters
The providers for the clan, these dragons are the most connected to the wilds around them.

Honour
Tracker - sly - secretive
38508022.png
Distinguised, reserved, and venerable, Honour holds true to her name in many ways. She carries herself with a silent dignity and has a deep reverence for the ancient forest around her. Honour may have been born in the Southern Icefield, but one would think she was a Nature dragon with the time she spend in woods, talking to the trees and observing life around her. The centaur herds in the forest call her the Tree Spirit for the way she blends with the shadows and the rustling of the wind. When with dragons she's close to, the Imperial has quite the dry and sarcastic sense of humor, but all in good nature.

Atal
hunter - energetic - intimidating
37779153.png
Atal has an explosive, domineering energy to her. The large Imperial makes sure to command any conversation she finds her way into. Atal is often mistaken for a male at cause of her large size and graveled voice, but she takes no offense. Atal is mated to Kaelim and has a deep affection for him, but her relationship with Karena, the Captain of the guard, is often commented on in the clan.

Lykos
hunter - Observant - Dry
42704079.png
Lykos is a newer dragon to the clan, but seems to be getting on well with the others. He came to this part of the Icefield because of the widespread renown of it's difficult-to-hunt game. He is extremely swift and persistent.

Khonsu
Gatherer - distant - cold
39473565.png
Khonsu has an extensive knowledge of flora, everywhere from fungi to grasses. He collaborates often with Aion, the bookkeeper, to thoroughly document each plant. He can often be seen on gathering treks with Honour.

The Artists
The heart and soul of the clan, these dragons are responsible for the unique beauty of the clan and the documentation of it's history.

Saersa
poet - shy - introverted
38320761.png
Saersa speaks the best draconic of all the coatls in the clan - save Faer - but you would never guess it. This small coatl stays all but completely silent, speaking only when she must or is with close friends. Her introversion kept her from getting too close to her clanmates, but the kind-hearted Eniya appealed to her softer side; the two slowly became close friends. Despite her silent dissposition, Saersa's finds fufillment in writing poetry. She can often be found at the edge of a lake on the border of the territory, writing classical Coatl script while her familiar Tixr watches on.
Eniya was the first dragon Saersa ever went out of her way to spend time with. Although the large imperial was usually bubbly and talkative, she instantly sensed Saersa's nerves and adapted quickly. The two girls can often be seen sitting together, Eniya reading and Saersa writing. Saersa often reads her poetry to Eniya, knowing the imperial couldn't understand what she was saying. This was a good thing, because as of late, her writings have been about Eniya's mate, Antilla. The guilt of her attraction eats the coatl alive, but she can't help but look just a little too long when the imperial and wildclaw were together.

Saersa's Stories:
-By the Water

Joilan
painter - spirited - lazy
38571697.png
Joilan came here with her cousin, Farosain, and stayed when he left. She is better known in the clan by her nickname, "bump in the river", bestowed on her due to the fact that she is almost always sleeping in the water somewhere. Joilan, much like a spiral, will have mad bursts of energy where she becomes extremely affectionate and manic. During these bursts, she rushes around the caves in search for materials or muses, then paints intricate masterpieces in a matter of hours. These moments are few and far between, though, and she usually is eating or sleeping, rarely disturbed.

Riverdance
decorator - friendly - jester
39487910.png

Barroh
singer - abstract - hauty
39472933.png

Aurora
Dresser - flashy - glamorous
39411469.png

The Warriors
The first and last line of defense, these proud dragons will defend their home with their lives.
Karena
commander of the guard - harsh - sarcastic
38666385.png
A fierce, no nonsense dragon who protects her clan with a steel resolve. Karena took the place as general after the previous, Howait, retired. She came from a large clan where she quickly grew a cold and sarcastic disposition. When she came to this clan, her attitude took her clanmates by surprise, turning many of them away from her. Those who could handle her harshness, though, saw her potential to be formidable leader.
Karena felt a great deal of pressure coming into the clan as the only Ridgeback. The feeling of apprehension from the rest of the clan made her lash out at those who dared to even make eye contact with her. Eventually, Meikami approached Karena. The two spoke for a long time of things that no other dragon will ever hear; this talk seemed to soothe her disposition; the Ridgeback became Commander soon after the fact. Karena bonded most with newcomers like herself, striking close bonds with the mysterious Cella and Keltan, a fellow warrior.

Stejin
warrior - thick skulled - loud mouthed
38855299.png

Pakhet
warrior - Ferocious - Passionate
43049335.png

The Thinkers
These dragons spend their time answering important questions and spreading knowledge in the clan.
Cella
prophet - mysterious - caring
38649444.png

Sanra
diplomat - smooth - impartial
39254882.png

Telok
Apprentice - studious - eager
40238086.png

Aion
Teacher - measured - existential
42231592.png

Other Clanmates
Not all dragons have specific jobs in the clan...
Endor
Healer
39277304.png

Irene
Caregiver - motherly - shy
31826283.png

Fera
Refugee - feral - mysterious
40716492.png

Kaelim
Clanmate - level- generous
38733554.png

34i36uu.png
[item=unhatched ice egg][font=skia][size=5] Hatchlings [indent][font=skia]In this clan, hatchlings are seen as precious things. It's always an exciting day when new hatchlings begin their journeys in the clan. You see, hatchlings are almost never expected to stay in the clan for more than a week or so. The clan believes it's job is to inspire the hatchlings to go into the world and create their own stories. Listed below are hatchlings currently searching for their first big move into Sornieth.
Unhatched Ice Egg Hatchlings

In this clan, hatchlings are seen as precious things. It's always an exciting day when new hatchlings begin their journeys in the clan. You see, hatchlings are almost never expected to stay in the clan for more than a week or so. The clan believes it's job is to inspire the hatchlings to go into the world and create their own stories. Listed below are hatchlings currently searching for their first big move into Sornieth.

34i36uu.png
[item=intact parchment][font=skia][size=5]Stories [center][i]'The Banished' The greatest moment of betryal.[/i][/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/utNNDed.png[/img] [nextcol] [indent][i]"If you keep running away from this we will surely perish!"[/i] Mizuchi thrashed his large head at the words that burst forth from his mate in desperation. The Imperial's deep blue eyes that used to swim calmly now raged like a storm, firelight reflecting off them savagely. "[i]You think you can say that to me?"[/i] He rushed at Meikami, arching his neck so far above hers that his antlers scraped the ceiling of their lair. [i]"You have the audacity to try to blame this mess on me? This clan is in ruins because of [u]you[/u]!"[/i] The female flinched at his words. [i]"The river is frozen. There is no prey. Do you honestly believe our clan would be in this state if we had gone to the Sea, or stayed on the Steppes? It's laughable that you believe [u]I[/u] am the cause of our misery!" [/i] [i]"You can't s-"[/i] [i]"[u]What[/u]? Perhaps my scales are too close in color to yours that you imagined your own reflection in my place-" "Thats [b]enough[/b]!"[/i] Meikami roared, whipping her tail around her body aggressively. [i]"I will be the judge of that."[/i] Mizuchi growled darkly, forcing his way past her into the main cave. By this time, most of the clan had warily gathered at the edges of the clearing, listening in fear. The patriarch's sudden entrance into the space made even more dragons gather, until there was a perimeter of scales around the two massive Imperials. Mizuchi's eyes darted around the room and with labored breath he laughed hysterically, every muscle in his body tensed and twitching. [i]"Perhaps you all can resolve our quarrel, then!"[/i] The strained words bounced through the caves like iron off of stone. His hysteria grew as he spoke, [i]"Who caused your pain? Who made us suffer? Was it me,"[/i] The Imperial rushed on a spiral, forcing his eyes to her level. [i]"Or was it her?"[/i] Each word was darker and more malicious than the last, every scale on Meikami's body screamed to run away from this dragon she once loved. Looking at him now she saw a monster in her lover's body, a creature of violence and anger engulfing it's surroundings like wildfire. She tried to sound brave, "Stay away from them! They have nothing to do with this." [i]"Oh,"[/i] his frenzied smile grew wider as he sauntered closer to her [i]"they have everything to do with this. Since, obviously, these things are all you care about right? The clan, the clan, the clan, always talking about the precious clan..."[/i] And as he closed the gap of space between himself and his mate, he drew one claw across her muzzle. Suddenly, the crowd burst alive with movement. A flash of blue and white sprang from the fray and latched onto the right hind leg of Mizuchi. [i]"Get away from her!" [/i]Eniya screamed. The child's grip lasted an instant of Mizuchi's reaction and nothing more. It was this moment that snapped the last strand of sanity and morality in his soul. The navy Imperial swung his entire body around and slammed it into the cave wall. He felt the indent of a body between the two surfaces, he knew that he had his prey and he tore into its flesh, teeth and claws flashing. The screams from the rest of the clan that flooded Meikami's ears were inaudible to her mate as he ravaged what he had caught. Horror wracked her body as she desperately tried to pull her mate off of the dragon. Finally, her claws sank into the base of both of his wings, and with a surge of strength, Mizuchi was ripped away. The caves were filled with the Imperial's ragged breath and the gasps and moans of horror of the others. The scene was gruesome. The body of a young Imperial, barely a week old, lay mangled on the cold stone; eyes frozen open and limbs splayed. Over the dead stood one living; Eniya, her own eyes frozen wide and staring down at none other than her brother. In the moment of chaos, she had managed to jump out of the way. The cave worked in hyperspeed while Eniya and Meikami's world slowed to half. The warriors of the clan lept forward to restrain the bloodstained Mizuchi, who remained motionless, face empty. Meanwhile, Meikami stumbled forward towards Eniya, still static over her brother's corpse. The matriarch lowered her head as to shield the hatchlings eyes, curling her wing around Eniya's body. After this moment, Meikami's world went dark. There was no turning back from what had happened. Later that night, Meikami was still cradling Eniya in her wings as sobs wracked her tiny frame. For a moment, though, the hatchling grew still and her elder tilted her head towards her. [i]"He is a monster,"[/i] Eniya's voice shook, [i]"an Emperor with one head."[/i] [/indent]
Intact Parchment Stories

'The Banished'
The greatest moment of betryal.
utNNDed.png
"If you keep running away from this we will surely perish!" Mizuchi thrashed his large head at the words that burst forth from his mate in desperation. The Imperial's deep blue eyes that used to swim calmly now raged like a storm, firelight reflecting off them savagely. "You think you can say that to me?" He rushed at Meikami, arching his neck so far above hers that his antlers scraped the ceiling of their lair. "You have the audacity to try to blame this mess on me? This clan is in ruins because of you!" The female flinched at his words.
"The river is frozen. There is no prey. Do you honestly believe our clan would be in this state if we had gone to the Sea, or stayed on the Steppes? It's laughable that you believe I am the cause of our misery!"
"You can't s-"
"What? Perhaps my scales are too close in color to yours that you imagined your own reflection in my place-"
"Thats enough!"
Meikami roared, whipping her tail around her body aggressively.
"I will be the judge of that." Mizuchi growled darkly, forcing his way past her into the main cave. By this time, most of the clan had warily gathered at the edges of the clearing, listening in fear. The patriarch's sudden entrance into the space made even more dragons gather, until there was a perimeter of scales around the two massive Imperials.
Mizuchi's eyes darted around the room and with labored breath he laughed hysterically, every muscle in his body tensed and twitching.
"Perhaps you all can resolve our quarrel, then!" The strained words bounced through the caves like iron off of stone. His hysteria grew as he spoke,
"Who caused your pain? Who made us suffer? Was it me," The Imperial rushed on a spiral, forcing his eyes to her level. "Or was it her?" Each word was darker and more malicious than the last, every scale on Meikami's body screamed to run away from this dragon she once loved. Looking at him now she saw a monster in her lover's body, a creature of violence and anger engulfing it's surroundings like wildfire.
She tried to sound brave, "Stay away from them! They have nothing to do with this."
"Oh," his frenzied smile grew wider as he sauntered closer to her "they have everything to do with this. Since, obviously, these things are all you care about right? The clan, the clan, the clan, always talking about the precious clan..." And as he closed the gap of space between himself and his mate, he drew one claw across her muzzle.
Suddenly, the crowd burst alive with movement. A flash of blue and white sprang from the fray and latched onto the right hind leg of Mizuchi. "Get away from her!" Eniya screamed. The child's grip lasted an instant of Mizuchi's reaction and nothing more. It was this moment that snapped the last strand of sanity and morality in his soul. The navy Imperial swung his entire body around and slammed it into the cave wall. He felt the indent of a body between the two surfaces, he knew that he had his prey and he tore into its flesh, teeth and claws flashing. The screams from the rest of the clan that flooded Meikami's ears were inaudible to her mate as he ravaged what he had caught. Horror wracked her body as she desperately tried to pull her mate off of the dragon. Finally, her claws sank into the base of both of his wings, and with a surge of strength, Mizuchi was ripped away.

The caves were filled with the Imperial's ragged breath and the gasps and moans of horror of the others. The scene was gruesome. The body of a young Imperial, barely a week old, lay mangled on the cold stone; eyes frozen open and limbs splayed. Over the dead stood one living; Eniya, her own eyes frozen wide and staring down at none other than her brother. In the moment of chaos, she had managed to jump out of the way. The cave worked in hyperspeed while Eniya and Meikami's world slowed to half. The warriors of the clan lept forward to restrain the bloodstained Mizuchi, who remained motionless, face empty. Meanwhile, Meikami stumbled forward towards Eniya, still static over her brother's corpse. The matriarch lowered her head as to shield the hatchlings eyes, curling her wing around Eniya's body. After this moment, Meikami's world went dark. There was no turning back from what had happened.

Later that night, Meikami was still cradling Eniya in her wings as sobs wracked her tiny frame. For a moment, though, the hatchling grew still and her elder tilted her head towards her. "He is a monster," Eniya's voice shook, "an Emperor with one head."
34i36uu.png
[item=rasa pottery fragment][font=skia][size=5]Art
Rasa Pottery Fragment Art
34i36uu.png
[item=ice sprite][font=skia][size=5]Visitors [columns][font=bodoni 72][size=4]March 2018, A honey-colored stranger wandered into the woods one day in early spring...[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40192372] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/401924/40192372.png[/img] [/url]
Ice Sprite Visitors

March 2018,
A honey-colored stranger wandered into the woods one day in early spring...

40192372.png
34i36uu.png
Announcements

3/28:Interactions are open!
Not all of the dragons have full bios, but that doesn't mean you can't interact with them! It would actually really help me out if you did so I could figure out what to write, haha!
Besides that, this is my first lore page and I've never done something like this before, so if you have pointers or advice please feel free to give them! Obviously the vast majority of it is still a WIP, but I wanted to get it up on its feet as soon as possible :3

4/21: I am taking a break from FR to deal with some IRL issues. Please feel free to post but understand I will not be responding until I come back. <3

6/26: I'm back! feel free to post ^^
Announcements

3/28:Interactions are open!
Not all of the dragons have full bios, but that doesn't mean you can't interact with them! It would actually really help me out if you did so I could figure out what to write, haha!
Besides that, this is my first lore page and I've never done something like this before, so if you have pointers or advice please feel free to give them! Obviously the vast majority of it is still a WIP, but I wanted to get it up on its feet as soon as possible :3

4/21: I am taking a break from FR to deal with some IRL issues. Please feel free to post but understand I will not be responding until I come back. <3

6/26: I'm back! feel free to post ^^
34i36uu.png
now accepting visitors and comments! ^^
now accepting visitors and comments! ^^
34i36uu.png
1 2 3 4 5