Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
dundunDUN
dundunDUN
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
[center][item=yellow-tinged featherduster] [u]Day 32[/u] Kat sighed and paused, dropping the cloth she held. "This place is so dirty," she sighed, inspecting the grimy cloth. The 5 dragons had been cleaning the inn as best as they could for most of the day, getting rid of dirt and seeing what they could salvage from rooms. "Well, look at it this way," said Aiki. "If we can manage to get this place presentable, we might be able to use it as a business of our own! Even a little money would help." "Yeah, I guess," Kat replied. She sighed again, furrowing her brow as she scanned the room. "Dusk?" she called. The coatl hurried in from another room. "What is it?" "Any sign of them?" She asked worriedly. "No," he replied, frowning. "At this point, I'm starting to worry too. They said they wouldn't be long..." "So we still don't know where Soren and Raven are?" asked Aiki. She set her cloth down on a nearby table, and turned to Kat. "We should go search for them. I know you've been worried about them for a while, and this seems to be too long for them." Kat looked at Aiki gratefully. "Thank you for helping." Dusk hurried over to the spiral and the pearlcatcher. "Autumn, Vaz, the rest of us are going to go look for Soren and Raven. Keep an eye out for them here, will you?" he called. Autumn stuck her head through a doorway. "Ok, I'll do that for you." The spiral, coatl, and pearlcatcher turned and headed out through the doorway, set on their mission. ~~~ Raven hurried up to the edge of the town, almost forgetting about Soren. She glanced back for a moment, laughing. "Come on!" The other spiral hung back, almost out of sight of Raven.[font=papyrus] "Do... Do I have to?"[/font] he asked. He seemed almost nervous about entering the town. "Hey, don't worry! It'll be ok," Raven smiled. She held out her talons to him, gently, carefully. He slowly slunk forward, grasping her hand with his. Raven smiled wider, and slowly led him into Pinefall. A faint voice drifted through the air. "Raven? Soren?" Raven gasped, tugging Soren after her. "That's Mom! Hurry!" She stumbled forwards excitedly. Off in the distance, a spiral, coatl, and pearlcatcher were clustered together, scanning through the streets of town. Raven dashed their way, Soren reluctantly following. "MOM!" Raven yelled. Kat turned immediately when she heard her daughter's voice, and rushed towards her as well. Only to stop when she saw Soren. Soren, seeing the look on her face, glanced at Raven for a moment.[font=papyrus] "I'm sorry,"[/font] he whispered. With that, he slipped away, straight into the shadows of a side street. Raven gasped. "Soren! No!" She dashed over to the street, but he had simply disappeared, melting into the shadows. Kat hurried over to her, Dusk and Aiki not far behind. "Are you alright?" she gasped, hugging Raven tightly. "I thought something terrible had happened to you! Don't ever leave us for that long again," she said sternly, although the effect was ruined slightly by her hugging her daughter even more. Raven pulled away, sadness filling her eyes. "Something bad did happen," she mumbled. "Soren...." She rushed towards her mother again, sobbing into her. "What happened, Raven?" Dusk asked gently. Raven's only response was to sob louder. "Shh, it's ok," consoled Kat. "Let's just go home." ~~~ Soren watched from the shadows as the small group turned and left. Why hadn't they seen him? He stared at his talons. He hadn't even known he had that ability, he just instinctively leapt into the shadows and felt a coolness surround him. What had he done? What had he become? A small head poked out from a window above him. "Hey, they're gone, you know," Soren heard. He whirled around and stared up. The tiny voice belonged to a fae -and a strange-looking one at that. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42576491] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=19&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=74&tertgene=20&winggene=5&wings=8&auth=f12a9bdd2fe5aa803a883e3bb9e1494b21cf02e4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] [font=papyrus] "Who are you?"[/font] Soren asked softly.[font=papyrus] "And how can you see me?"[/font] he added. The fae spread his wings and jumped out of the window, softly gliding down to the ground. "I'm different," he shrugged. "Just like you, I guess. I can see things that others don't seem to, dark creatures and the like. So I take it you're Shade-touched, if it was only me who could see you." [font=papyrus] "What does Shade-touched mean?"[/font] Soren asked. The fae laughed in disbelief. "You really don't know?" he asked in amazement. When Soren shook his head, he sighed. "Shade-touched. Well, that means that the Shade has... claimed you. You might be part of it, you might just be infected by it. Either way, it's influencing you." Soren sighed.[font=papyrus] "And I guess that's a bad thing?"[/font] "Yes!" the fae yelped. "How do you not know so much? The Shade is terrible! At least it doesn't seem to be affecting you too badly." [font=papyrus] "I don't remember anything,"[/font] Soren admitted.[font=papyrus] "That younger spiral you saw me with before? That's apparently my sister, but I don't know her."[/font] "Huh. So you weren't like this before. Well, I don't know if I can help you," said the fae. Almost as an afterthought, he added, "And what even is your name? I'm Niles, by the way." Soren thought for a moment.[font=papyrus] "Well, Niles..." "My name is [i]Somnus[/i]." ----- [/center]@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 @WOF2012 Dun dun dunnnn.... Ooh, this is going places...... I can't wait to write more!
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster

Day 32

Kat sighed and paused, dropping the cloth she held. "This place is so dirty," she sighed, inspecting the grimy cloth. The 5 dragons had been cleaning the inn as best as they could for most of the day, getting rid of dirt and seeing what they could salvage from rooms.

"Well, look at it this way," said Aiki. "If we can manage to get this place presentable, we might be able to use it as a business of our own! Even a little money would help."

"Yeah, I guess," Kat replied. She sighed again, furrowing her brow as she scanned the room. "Dusk?" she called.

The coatl hurried in from another room. "What is it?"

"Any sign of them?" She asked worriedly.

"No," he replied, frowning. "At this point, I'm starting to worry too. They said they wouldn't be long..."

"So we still don't know where Soren and Raven are?" asked Aiki. She set her cloth down on a nearby table, and turned to Kat. "We should go search for them. I know you've been worried about them for a while, and this seems to be too long for them."

Kat looked at Aiki gratefully. "Thank you for helping."

Dusk hurried over to the spiral and the pearlcatcher. "Autumn, Vaz, the rest of us are going to go look for Soren and Raven. Keep an eye out for them here, will you?" he called.

Autumn stuck her head through a doorway. "Ok, I'll do that for you."

The spiral, coatl, and pearlcatcher turned and headed out through the doorway, set on their mission.

~~~

Raven hurried up to the edge of the town, almost forgetting about Soren. She glanced back for a moment, laughing. "Come on!"

The other spiral hung back, almost out of sight of Raven. "Do... Do I have to?" he asked. He seemed almost nervous about entering the town.

"Hey, don't worry! It'll be ok," Raven smiled. She held out her talons to him, gently, carefully.

He slowly slunk forward, grasping her hand with his. Raven smiled wider, and slowly led him into Pinefall.

A faint voice drifted through the air. "Raven? Soren?"

Raven gasped, tugging Soren after her. "That's Mom! Hurry!" She stumbled forwards excitedly.

Off in the distance, a spiral, coatl, and pearlcatcher were clustered together, scanning through the streets of town. Raven dashed their way, Soren reluctantly following. "MOM!" Raven yelled.

Kat turned immediately when she heard her daughter's voice, and rushed towards her as well. Only to stop when she saw Soren.

Soren, seeing the look on her face, glanced at Raven for a moment. "I'm sorry," he whispered. With that, he slipped away, straight into the shadows of a side street.

Raven gasped. "Soren! No!" She dashed over to the street, but he had simply disappeared, melting into the shadows.

Kat hurried over to her, Dusk and Aiki not far behind. "Are you alright?" she gasped, hugging Raven tightly. "I thought something terrible had happened to you! Don't ever leave us for that long again," she said sternly, although the effect was ruined slightly by her hugging her daughter even more.

Raven pulled away, sadness filling her eyes. "Something bad did happen," she mumbled. "Soren...." She rushed towards her mother again, sobbing into her.

"What happened, Raven?" Dusk asked gently. Raven's only response was to sob louder.

"Shh, it's ok," consoled Kat. "Let's just go home."

~~~

Soren watched from the shadows as the small group turned and left. Why hadn't they seen him? He stared at his talons. He hadn't even known he had that ability, he just instinctively leapt into the shadows and felt a coolness surround him. What had he done? What had he become?

A small head poked out from a window above him. "Hey, they're gone, you know," Soren heard.

He whirled around and stared up. The tiny voice belonged to a fae -and a strange-looking one at that.

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=19&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=74&tertgene=20&winggene=5&wings=8&auth=f12a9bdd2fe5aa803a883e3bb9e1494b21cf02e4&dummyext=prev.png

"Who are you?" Soren asked softly. "And how can you see me?" he added.

The fae spread his wings and jumped out of the window, softly gliding down to the ground. "I'm different," he shrugged. "Just like you, I guess. I can see things that others don't seem to, dark creatures and the like. So I take it you're Shade-touched, if it was only me who could see you."

"What does Shade-touched mean?" Soren asked.

The fae laughed in disbelief. "You really don't know?" he asked in amazement. When Soren shook his head, he sighed. "Shade-touched. Well, that means that the Shade has... claimed you. You might be part of it, you might just be infected by it. Either way, it's influencing you."

Soren sighed. "And I guess that's a bad thing?"

"Yes!" the fae yelped. "How do you not know so much? The Shade is terrible! At least it doesn't seem to be affecting you too badly."

"I don't remember anything," Soren admitted. "That younger spiral you saw me with before? That's apparently my sister, but I don't know her."

"Huh. So you weren't like this before. Well, I don't know if I can help you," said the fae. Almost as an afterthought, he added, "And what even is your name? I'm Niles, by the way."

Soren thought for a moment. "Well, Niles..."

"My name is Somnus."

@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 @WOF2012
Dun dun dunnnn....
Ooh, this is going places...... I can't wait to write more!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage
Woah, that is some serious identity crisis O.O

I love the story so far!! It's so interesting and exciting and mysterious ^w^
@ObsidianMage
Woah, that is some serious identity crisis O.O

I love the story so far!! It's so interesting and exciting and mysterious ^w^
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm
>:3 heheheh
@Aetherstorm
>:3 heheheh
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
Also I love Niles. HE IS PRECIOUS
@ObsidianMage
Also I love Niles. HE IS PRECIOUS
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Aetherstorm
YUSS NEW HATCHLINGS ARE PRECIOUS

Also, from my month-long hiatus I got like 4 familiars? This place is gonna be crowded...
@Aetherstorm
YUSS NEW HATCHLINGS ARE PRECIOUS

Also, from my month-long hiatus I got like 4 familiars? This place is gonna be crowded...
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
I feel you XD

At least you don't have flippin' EIGHTEEN dragons yet XP
I guess that's the cost of having a long-running Pinkerlocke ^^'
I feel you XD

At least you don't have flippin' EIGHTEEN dragons yet XP
I guess that's the cost of having a long-running Pinkerlocke ^^'
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
You know what? This has inspired me to boot up Chasing the Sun.
You know what? This has inspired me to boot up Chasing the Sun.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Relics

YES! I eagerly await!
@Relics

YES! I eagerly await!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE,,,,THE BBYS,,,,,,
aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE,,,,THE BBYS,,,,,,
Only the wise can survive the cold , we are the storm that destroys the foolish || I use He/They/It pronouns!!
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24