Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
@Relics
One day I won't be able to contain my laughter from seeing that gif and I'll just roll around on the ground like a dying walrus
@Relics
One day I won't be able to contain my laughter from seeing that gif and I'll just roll around on the ground like a dying walrus
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[center][item=driftwood log][item=teardrop lapis lazuli bracelet][item=wildwood moss][item=blackened warninghorn][item=grey basalt] [u]Day 36[/u] "Alright, everyone, we've stayed in here for long enough." Dusk stood over everyone, trying to prod them awake. Aiki rolled over, putting a wing over her head. "No, five more minutes..." Kat yawned and slowly pulled herself upright, dragging Raven with her. "Up and at 'em, kiddo," she told her daughter, who didn't look very awake. Autumn poked Vaz. "Let's go, you heard Dusk," she said. The spiral blinked awake, not quite ready to face the world. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Dusk asked Kat. "If you want to stay here, then it's fine, Raven and I can do this on our own." "I'll do it," Kat said resolutely. "We [u]need[/u] to find him." Raven just stared in front of her, silent and lost in her own world. Dusk looked at his daughter sadly. "Yes, we need to find him. No matter what." ~~~ “Remembering anything yet?” Niles asked. Soren sighed.[font=papyrus] "I wish... It's infuriating, honestly."[/font] "Don't worry, you'll get there," the fae smiled. The spiral stopped in his tracks.[font=papyrus] "It's just... I feel like I should know these things, like where my family is. But where the information is, it's just... blank."[/font] He growled in frustration. "Stop it," Niles told him. "It's not like beating yourself up is going to help, after all." [font=papyrus] "I know, just..."[/font] Soren couldn't help sighing again. "Wait a minute." Niles peered around the clearing they had stopped in. Buildings surrounded them, but no one seemed to be around this area. "Wasn't this where I met you for the first time? So, your family might be close to here! I don't think they had been looking for long, so they can't have gotten far from where they're staying." The fae was practically bouncing with excitement. Soren glanced around himself.[font=papyrus] "You might be right, actually. I think..."[/font] he faced towards a slightly larger street, that also appeared empty.[font=papyrus] "I think that's where they were coming from. We could try going that way."[/font] "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go find your family," Niles smiled. ~~~ The motley crew, composed of spirals, a pearlcatcher, a coatl, and a fae, wandered through the streets. "It's really early, you know," commented Autumn. "Almost no one is out here," she added, glancing at the empty streets. Any buildings they passed all had dark windows, with no movement behind them. "I'm hoping that'll make it easier to look for him. Less crowds to search through," said Dusk. "Makes sense," yawned Kat. "Ugh, sorry, I'm just so tired." "I think we all are," replied Autumn dryly. She spun around, checking for anything out of the ordinary. Suddenly the fae spotted something in the shadow of a building, and gasped. "Is that what I think it is?" She rushed over to the small object, and cradled it as best she could. It was a single Shadow egg, that had been abandoned or forgotten. She stared pleadingly at Vaz. "We have to help... It's too much like me. Left behind and on its own..." Vaz smiled. "Of course I'll help. And you'll be a great mom." "You better help," she teased. She carefully tucked the egg into her aviator satchel, making sure not to jostle it. "Don't worry little one, you'll be safe with us." ----- [/center][color=darkcyan]@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 @WOF2012 @SpiceCookie @Pippatis Yeah. :3 Vautumn is definitely a ship. And the egg is actually from breeding them, I just was unlucky enough to get wegged. Hopefully the kiddo lives, I'll cry otherwise... Also, an update on the Pinkerlocke! I'm going to try and update on weekends, as during the school week I have lots of stressful homework. [s]Plus I totally haven't been writing this for a week...
Driftwood Log Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Bracelet Wildwood Moss Blackened Warninghorn Grey Basalt

Day 36

"Alright, everyone, we've stayed in here for long enough." Dusk stood over everyone, trying to prod them awake.

Aiki rolled over, putting a wing over her head. "No, five more minutes..."

Kat yawned and slowly pulled herself upright, dragging Raven with her. "Up and at 'em, kiddo," she told her daughter, who didn't look very awake.

Autumn poked Vaz. "Let's go, you heard Dusk," she said. The spiral blinked awake, not quite ready to face the world.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Dusk asked Kat. "If you want to stay here, then it's fine, Raven and I can do this on our own."

"I'll do it," Kat said resolutely. "We need to find him."

Raven just stared in front of her, silent and lost in her own world.

Dusk looked at his daughter sadly. "Yes, we need to find him. No matter what."

~~~

“Remembering anything yet?” Niles asked.

Soren sighed. "I wish... It's infuriating, honestly."

"Don't worry, you'll get there," the fae smiled.

The spiral stopped in his tracks. "It's just... I feel like I should know these things, like where my family is. But where the information is, it's just... blank." He growled in frustration.

"Stop it," Niles told him. "It's not like beating yourself up is going to help, after all."

"I know, just..." Soren couldn't help sighing again.

"Wait a minute." Niles peered around the clearing they had stopped in. Buildings surrounded them, but no one seemed to be around this area. "Wasn't this where I met you for the first time? So, your family might be close to here! I don't think they had been looking for long, so they can't have gotten far from where they're staying." The fae was practically bouncing with excitement.

Soren glanced around himself. "You might be right, actually. I think..." he faced towards a slightly larger street, that also appeared empty. "I think that's where they were coming from. We could try going that way."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go find your family," Niles smiled.

~~~
The motley crew, composed of spirals, a pearlcatcher, a coatl, and a fae, wandered through the streets.

"It's really early, you know," commented Autumn. "Almost no one is out here," she added, glancing at the empty streets. Any buildings they passed all had dark windows, with no movement behind them.

"I'm hoping that'll make it easier to look for him. Less crowds to search through," said Dusk.

"Makes sense," yawned Kat. "Ugh, sorry, I'm just so tired."

"I think we all are," replied Autumn dryly. She spun around, checking for anything out of the ordinary. Suddenly the fae spotted something in the shadow of a building, and gasped. "Is that what I think it is?"

She rushed over to the small object, and cradled it as best she could. It was a single Shadow egg, that had been abandoned or forgotten.

She stared pleadingly at Vaz. "We have to help... It's too much like me. Left behind and on its own..."

Vaz smiled. "Of course I'll help. And you'll be a great mom."

"You better help," she teased. She carefully tucked the egg into her aviator satchel, making sure not to jostle it.

"Don't worry little one, you'll be safe with us."

@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 @WOF2012 @SpiceCookie @Pippatis

Yeah. :3 Vautumn is definitely a ship. And the egg is actually from breeding them, I just was unlucky enough to get wegged. Hopefully the kiddo lives, I'll cry otherwise...

Also, an update on the Pinkerlocke! I'm going to try and update on weekends, as during the school week I have lots of stressful homework. Plus I totally haven't been writing this for a week...
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
Is Autumn so forgetful that she dropped her own egg by a building and forgot or what
Is Autumn so forgetful that she dropped her own egg by a building and forgot or what
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Relics
Shhh... you’ll make her feel bad...
@Relics
Shhh... you’ll make her feel bad...
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 @WOF2012 @SpiceCookie @Pippatis

Well. This went according to plan. *sigh* I'm really sorry I've been AWOL for this, guys... But with the lore prompt Dragon Share today, I got the idea to try starting this up once more. and not leave you guys hanging for so long, bleh Plus, I was just about to name some fodder dragons, and the generator hit me with Katsura- I'm taking it as a sign.

Good grief, I've got a lot to catch up on... Well, let's try at least!

Well. This went according to plan. *sigh* I'm really sorry I've been AWOL for this, guys... But with the lore prompt Dragon Share today, I got the idea to try starting this up once more. and not leave you guys hanging for so long, bleh Plus, I was just about to name some fodder dragons, and the generator hit me with Katsura- I'm taking it as a sign.

Good grief, I've got a lot to catch up on... Well, let's try at least!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5]@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2 @WOF2012 @SpiceCookie @Pippatis Hey, guys. I'm not sure if anyone even reads this anymore... But I have a bit of an update. I'm considering ending this Pinkerlocke. I've just been having issues with writing (as you can see by me waiting a month or more between each post), plus I'm not really feeling attached to the dragons anymore. Part of why I enjoyed this is I really loved Dusk and all the others, and I was motivated to keep writing their story- but now, I feel like I'm not really doing it justice if I'm not really liking them anymore. And since I'm not as attached to them anymore, they're kinda just taking up lair space... Call it a hiatus or something, but I'm probably gonna stop this for a long time- if I don't exalt everyone. If anybody would like one of the dragons, feel free to ping me- I'm probably only keeping Autumn for her hatchdate, and maybe Vaz. Maybe I'll try doing another Pinkerlocke in the distant future? Right now, I'm not really sure. But I will keep writing through lore, so I'm not completely giving up my writing! I might even try compiling that into a giant thread of clan lore or something. I guess that's all for now- let me know if you would like to be updated for, I dunno, something writing-related?
7xmmeMg.png

Hey, guys. I'm not sure if anyone even reads this anymore... But I have a bit of an update.

I'm considering ending this Pinkerlocke. I've just been having issues with writing (as you can see by me waiting a month or more between each post), plus I'm not really feeling attached to the dragons anymore. Part of why I enjoyed this is I really loved Dusk and all the others, and I was motivated to keep writing their story- but now, I feel like I'm not really doing it justice if I'm not really liking them anymore. And since I'm not as attached to them anymore, they're kinda just taking up lair space...

Call it a hiatus or something, but I'm probably gonna stop this for a long time- if I don't exalt everyone. If anybody would like one of the dragons, feel free to ping me- I'm probably only keeping Autumn for her hatchdate, and maybe Vaz.

Maybe I'll try doing another Pinkerlocke in the distant future? Right now, I'm not really sure. But I will keep writing through lore, so I'm not completely giving up my writing! I might even try compiling that into a giant thread of clan lore or something.

I guess that's all for now- let me know if you would like to be updated for, I dunno, something writing-related?
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
Personally, I would love to be pinged for any of your future writing projects or whatever you call them. I can totally relate to gradually losing interest in your characters (I have, like, 48 unfinished stories on google docs), and I can see why you're so hesitant to restart the story :3

Though it would be sad to see the characters go, I know what it's like to not be motivated by your characters anymore. It's better to let go than force yourself to continue sometimes.

Whatever you decide to do, I'll, uh. . . well I want to say something cheesy, but I can't think of anything right now. What I'm TRYING to say is that I'll always ask to be on the pinglist for any of your future writing projects :D
@ObsidianMage
Personally, I would love to be pinged for any of your future writing projects or whatever you call them. I can totally relate to gradually losing interest in your characters (I have, like, 48 unfinished stories on google docs), and I can see why you're so hesitant to restart the story :3

Though it would be sad to see the characters go, I know what it's like to not be motivated by your characters anymore. It's better to let go than force yourself to continue sometimes.

Whatever you decide to do, I'll, uh. . . well I want to say something cheesy, but I can't think of anything right now. What I'm TRYING to say is that I'll always ask to be on the pinglist for any of your future writing projects :D
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@ObsidianMage I’m with Aetherstorm. As you probably know, I’m not consistent with my writing projects either (*cough* and Pink just gave me another familiar so y’know *cough*), so I understand! And I’d love to be on your pinglist.
@ObsidianMage I’m with Aetherstorm. As you probably know, I’m not consistent with my writing projects either (*cough* and Pink just gave me another familiar so y’know *cough*), so I understand! And I’d love to be on your pinglist.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@ObsidianMage

Yeah, that's totally fine! 99% of my stuff is unfinished, I completely understand not being able to stay emotionally invested in the characters. That's what makes the writing easier to stick with most of the time. Still, it was a really good start!

I'd love to be on the pinglist for any future writing projects of yours! It's clear you're good at it and you have interesting ideas, so I'd be more than happy to see more!
@ObsidianMage

Yeah, that's totally fine! 99% of my stuff is unfinished, I completely understand not being able to stay emotionally invested in the characters. That's what makes the writing easier to stick with most of the time. Still, it was a really good start!

I'd love to be on the pinglist for any future writing projects of yours! It's clear you're good at it and you have interesting ideas, so I'd be more than happy to see more!
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24