Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of February!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Lightshadow101

That sounds really really cool!!! I hope writing it goes well!

Mine is in a fantasy setting, in a land where kingdoms are still getting settled so war over land and new kingdoms popping up are common. A girl from one of the biggest and most stable kingdoms ends up leaving her kingdom (for a reason I'm not going to mention yet) and ends up joining up with a newer smaller kingdom. The book is going to be the first in a trilogy, and it's going to focus on her own struggles and growth as a person, as well as the struggles and growth of this new kingdom as it fights to be established.

I don't know if that sounds interesting or not, but that's the best way I can describe it at the moment because until I finish writing the first draft, nothing is super concrete yet in terms of events, except for a few key scenes.
@Lightshadow101

That sounds really really cool!!! I hope writing it goes well!

Mine is in a fantasy setting, in a land where kingdoms are still getting settled so war over land and new kingdoms popping up are common. A girl from one of the biggest and most stable kingdoms ends up leaving her kingdom (for a reason I'm not going to mention yet) and ends up joining up with a newer smaller kingdom. The book is going to be the first in a trilogy, and it's going to focus on her own struggles and growth as a person, as well as the struggles and growth of this new kingdom as it fights to be established.

I don't know if that sounds interesting or not, but that's the best way I can describe it at the moment because until I finish writing the first draft, nothing is super concrete yet in terms of events, except for a few key scenes.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

No, no they aren't...

So in between busy, what have you been up to? Feels like I haven't talked to you in forever. Your story sounds interesting.

@Lightshadow101

Novels are all fun and games until you go to edit them... Please save me Yours sounds like it could be really cool, though! Good luck!
@Petall

No, no they aren't...

So in between busy, what have you been up to? Feels like I haven't talked to you in forever. Your story sounds interesting.

@Lightshadow101

Novels are all fun and games until you go to edit them... Please save me Yours sounds like it could be really cool, though! Good luck!
@ScrivenerRook

It does feel like forever since we've talked! I've been spending a lot of time with friends, mostly. And doing some exploring around. I'm also in the process of applying for university, so that when I go back home in July, I know what my plan is for the fall. What have you been up do?

And thanks! I'm really excited about writing this book!
@ScrivenerRook

It does feel like forever since we've talked! I've been spending a lot of time with friends, mostly. And doing some exploring around. I'm also in the process of applying for university, so that when I go back home in July, I know what my plan is for the fall. What have you been up do?

And thanks! I'm really excited about writing this book!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Job hunting mostly? I had a part time job at a craft store and a placement with my staffing agency that was supposed to turn into a full-time position after the holidays, but that didn't pan out. So I'm still looking for something to go with my part time job so that I have money to do things like try to move out of my parents' place. In the meantime, I'm trying to make use of my free time by continuing my bookbinding adventures and editing one of my NaNo manuscripts.

I also ought to look into some classes and such like, but I have been lazy in that direction so far. In some ways, the editing is proving tricky enough. I'm not quite nailing this 'pair of self-absorbed protags' thing the way I'd like.
@Petall

Job hunting mostly? I had a part time job at a craft store and a placement with my staffing agency that was supposed to turn into a full-time position after the holidays, but that didn't pan out. So I'm still looking for something to go with my part time job so that I have money to do things like try to move out of my parents' place. In the meantime, I'm trying to make use of my free time by continuing my bookbinding adventures and editing one of my NaNo manuscripts.

I also ought to look into some classes and such like, but I have been lazy in that direction so far. In some ways, the editing is proving tricky enough. I'm not quite nailing this 'pair of self-absorbed protags' thing the way I'd like.
@ScrivenerRook

That's cool! I wish you the best of luck with your job hunt! I was job hunting a year ago, and I know how difficult/frustrating it can be at times.

How is your bookbinding going??? I had forgotten about that!

I'm really dreading the editing stage of my novel... Editing is not exactly something I enjoy doing so I feel your pain.
@ScrivenerRook

That's cool! I wish you the best of luck with your job hunt! I was job hunting a year ago, and I know how difficult/frustrating it can be at times.

How is your bookbinding going??? I had forgotten about that!

I'm really dreading the editing stage of my novel... Editing is not exactly something I enjoy doing so I feel your pain.
@Petall

Thanks. I've been without a solid job for almost a year now, so frustrating is a very good word for things right now.

The bookbinding is going... Slowly. After three 'successes', I'm finally ready to try and get myself some nicer materials to work with. I did a copy of 1984 which turned out passably well, but I'm still working on actually getting the book blocks mounted into the cover well. 1984 is have a couple spine problems as a result... And I need to figure it out soon, because I went to read my copy of A Wrinkle in Time again and the whole book is just dying on me.

Nah, I'm... Not having the world's greatest time either, but the story sucks as things stand, so there's only one way forward, I suppose.
@Petall

Thanks. I've been without a solid job for almost a year now, so frustrating is a very good word for things right now.

The bookbinding is going... Slowly. After three 'successes', I'm finally ready to try and get myself some nicer materials to work with. I did a copy of 1984 which turned out passably well, but I'm still working on actually getting the book blocks mounted into the cover well. 1984 is have a couple spine problems as a result... And I need to figure it out soon, because I went to read my copy of A Wrinkle in Time again and the whole book is just dying on me.

Nah, I'm... Not having the world's greatest time either, but the story sucks as things stand, so there's only one way forward, I suppose.
for this month im working on writing a dragon subspecies. It's been really fun so far. I did an IC in the dragon share forums a while back but heres a more updated wip from the feedback I got on that thread.

In other projects I plan to finally finish my actual clan lore.

In projects unrelated to flight rising, I also hope to finish my blood elf death knight's redemption arc from warcraft.... eventually lol
for this month im working on writing a dragon subspecies. It's been really fun so far. I did an IC in the dragon share forums a while back but heres a more updated wip from the feedback I got on that thread.

In other projects I plan to finally finish my actual clan lore.

In projects unrelated to flight rising, I also hope to finish my blood elf death knight's redemption arc from warcraft.... eventually lol
MANY WELPS NOW, HANDLE IT!

tumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.png tumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco5_75sq.png
@dotdedo I like the sound of that subspecies! My custom progen Amethyst could be one...if not for glimmer and her being a tundra. I just wanted to let you know, most of your example scry links in that document don't work, though.
@dotdedo I like the sound of that subspecies! My custom progen Amethyst could be one...if not for glimmer and her being a tundra. I just wanted to let you know, most of your example scry links in that document don't work, though.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@ScrivenerRook

Can I see some of the bookbinding you've done? I think it sounds like a really cool thing! I hope you're able to work it all out soon! I love a Wrinkle in Time by the way! It's been a book I've read a lot since childhood!

How much editing do you have left to do? Do you still have a ways to go?
@ScrivenerRook

Can I see some of the bookbinding you've done? I think it sounds like a really cool thing! I hope you're able to work it all out soon! I love a Wrinkle in Time by the way! It's been a book I've read a lot since childhood!

How much editing do you have left to do? Do you still have a ways to go?
@VioletWhirlwind

ah thanks I'll look into it!
@VioletWhirlwind

ah thanks I'll look into it!
MANY WELPS NOW, HANDLE IT!

tumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.png tumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco5_75sq.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17