Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Tales of the Darkened Star
1 2
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31628439] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316285/31628439_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]This seems to be a rather imposing librarian..........Wait, this isn't even the dragon who writes the stories and descriptions down, he's just the one that proofreads and stores it![/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22641055] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226411/22641055_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]There's the proper writer! Wonder what she needs that get-up for when she mainly just writes.....[/i][/center] Due to the demand of a single(1) person to tell them if I ever post my lore in a thread somewhere on the forums, here we are; a place for me to make and post stories that go along with my lore(mainly the past and such; some dragons need some explaining). So, how will this work? Simple! - Posts will generally start with the dragon that the story/post focuses on; in the story, other dragons in my lair will be linked to the first time they are mentioned. For example: If a post focuses on Mephiles(my custom progen), he would be posted at the top of the post with the bbcode needed to display and link him on the forums, but every other dragon would be a link built into the text. - I will accept prompts to explain certain things in my lore! Those will also generally be posted here in a short story/drabble form. - Yes, you are allowed to comment here if you wish. Please don't ping tho; I am subbed to this after all. - Will also accept comments on the lore already in bios, but mainly this will be a thread for me to make stories without worrying about bio pages getting too long. [s]Also yes, just hearing a single person say that want to know if I ever make a thread for this sort of thing made me want to do it.[/s] No banner yet~ I'll probably go find something to use for an icon, or make one eventually. [center][b]Table of Contents[/b] Intro post - You are here [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_31351160]Grudges and Goddesses[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_31355557]A Ghost's Second Chance[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_31406188]A Song of Silence and Blood[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_31450448]The God's Regrettable Choice[/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_31597088] Strengthening Alliances[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_31942654]The Longest Night[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262#post_32415337]A Golden Hope Lost in Lonely Thoughts[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361262/2#post_32971787]Embrace the Dark and the Dawn[/url] [b]Content Warnings(generally minor or likely not important, but to be fair)[/b] Blood/minor gore in written form Violence Questionable morals Character death Will be updated(both Table of Contents and Content Warnings) as needed! [/center]

31628439_350.png

This seems to be a rather imposing librarian..........Wait, this isn't even the dragon who writes the stories and descriptions down, he's just the one that proofreads and stores it!

22641055_350.png

There's the proper writer! Wonder what she needs that get-up for when she mainly just writes.....

Due to the demand of a single(1) person to tell them if I ever post my lore in a thread somewhere on the forums, here we are; a place for me to make and post stories that go along with my lore(mainly the past and such; some dragons need some explaining). So, how will this work? Simple!

- Posts will generally start with the dragon that the story/post focuses on; in the story, other dragons in my lair will be linked to the first time they are mentioned. For example: If a post focuses on Mephiles(my custom progen), he would be posted at the top of the post with the bbcode needed to display and link him on the forums, but every other dragon would be a link built into the text.

- I will accept prompts to explain certain things in my lore! Those will also generally be posted here in a short story/drabble form.

- Yes, you are allowed to comment here if you wish. Please don't ping tho; I am subbed to this after all.

- Will also accept comments on the lore already in bios, but mainly this will be a thread for me to make stories without worrying about bio pages getting too long.

Also yes, just hearing a single person say that want to know if I ever make a thread for this sort of thing made me want to do it.

No banner yet~ I'll probably go find something to use for an icon, or make one eventually.
Table of Contents
Intro post - You are here
Grudges and Goddesses
A Ghost's Second Chance
A Song of Silence and Blood
The God's Regrettable Choice
Strengthening Alliances

The Longest Night
A Golden Hope Lost in Lonely Thoughts
Embrace the Dark and the Dawn

Content Warnings(generally minor or likely not important, but to be fair)
Blood/minor gore in written form
Violence
Questionable morals
Character death

Will be updated(both Table of Contents and Content Warnings) as needed!
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
EDIT 6/22/18: Due to changes in lore, I should likely note that the former husband mentioned is Hou Yi; I know it's clear enough in the story, but meh. (Trust me, I doubt she would harm a feather on the husband she actually loved; but she certainly did want to harm the man who killed him and decided that stealing the recently departed's wife was a good idea!) [center]MAIN DRAGON: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37835879][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/378359/37835879_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Grudges and Goddesses[/b] [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=38008291]A small hatchling[/url] lays there on the ground, bleeding out of a number of small wounds and a major wound, the culprit already fleeing upon the sound of someone approaching with extreme quickness. The cries of the dying hatchling had attracted his mother, but much too late for the poor child; he had already passed by the time she had arrived. The cries of the desperate mother, begging for her sweet son to wake up, speak to her, [b]anything[/b] to show her that he wasn't gone, that she didn't just lose the only true family she has.........It was heartbreaking, even to the few otherworldly beings that heard her cries, [b]her begging[/b], for anyone to help her, to save her child. After a long time of the grieving mother just laying there, curled around the dead child like she was trying to keep the cold body warm, she was approached by an odd dragon; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=36773512]a masked Mirror[/url], with glowing ridges and solid green eyes that simply stared the female Imperial down from the high ledge he had taken perch on. He appeared to be like a statue, and the only reason she knew that he wasn't there before was that there were no statues of dragons like him around here, and certainly none wearing masks. The two dragons just stared at each other before the masked one finally spoke. "My, my, has fate dealt you a cruel hand. But given how recent that kid's fate was-" The Mirror looks at the dead child, and shivers at the sight. "-But, I think I have a way I can help; or rather, a way my [u][b]master[/b][/u] can help, if you are willing. Though, I believe it will be best to think over what exactly you want to do first, be-" "Tell me how to contact your master, Mirror." ".....................For future notice, my name is [b]Therai[/b], not Mirror." A huff in return from the Imperial, which causes the masked dragon to sigh. "...............Alright, I will see if she is open to aid you; what happened here? Do you plan revenge?" "Yes; revenge for my pure sweet son......" "Well, do you have any ideas who did it; depending on it, I might be able to help you get a small part of your revenge now, as a small taste of the aid my master can give you." "..............Hou Yi, and Chang'e assisted him........." Cue the griving mother to start growling, and for seven flame-like tails to form, spilting up her true tail; the whole sight frightened the masked Mirror, causing Therai to actually tumble down from the ledge he was seated on! "......................Now, now, no need to get hissy with m-!!!" Cue the growling Imperial's head to get dangerously close to the Mirror. "Hey! I'm not doing anything to earn your anger! Now......I think I can help you with the mortal; I know how to disable wings, and thus keep him from escaping you. The goddess in the Moon will require a lot more planning, but part of your revenge, the more minor part, can be done now......Now, do you just want both of the dastard's wings disabled, or just one?" Ugh, the grin on that Mirror's face belongs to a demon, not a dragon..... ".............One wing; I wish to-" Cue the demonic Mirror to cut off the Imperial. "Yeah, don't need to hear your plan; I'll make sure one of his wings doesn't work, then you are able to do whatever to him, while I tell my master of your.......request for help." He was going to say cry, but at this point, the Mirror fears this mother that is dealing with the lost of her son; she was not stable enough for him to speak without much thought. Therai was quick to fly off to do his part of the deal, while the Imperial remembered her son was still laying on the ground. Despite her eariler aggression, she picked the hatchling up gently, holding her son like he was simply asleep and she was just carrying him to bed, rather than to bury him for his final rest. She told herself this way simply to past the time needed to allow the Mirror to do what he promised; but really, it was all she could do at this point for her poor child. Some of the final tears she would shed were during these couple of hours..... When she saw the sign that she could finally start her revenge, she had only finished the grave for her son; she buried him under a cherry tree, one that was currently blooming, and left some of his toys and drawings in front of the gravestone, before just.......sitting there and staring at it, letting her tears fall. She was already slowly purifying herself, [b]down to just her grudge and anger[/b], but with that in the early stages, came sensitivity to her other emotions; and the memory of her son dying in front of her was too fresh for her to not cry. But......the sign she could finally take her revenge, even partly, was too tempting to leave her sitting at her son's grave, despite the tears remaining in her eyes as she left the grove of blooming cherry trees. [b]She would avenge her fallen child She would not stop until all involved in it were eliminated. Her grudge and fury, purified into her main essence. Even her former husband's begging, though it might of worked before, fell upon deaf ears as she got part of her revenge; the easier part, of course, but part of it. ........................The Mirror was right; [u]disabling one of Hou Yi's wings made it so her pure furies were hard to evade.[/u][/b] When that [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=37115865]Mirror's master[/url] showed up, she found the semi-purified Imperial appearing to be stained red in a lot of places, said Imperial not seeming to care about the new stains on her clothes, scales, and mane. Even though the fellow Imperial was naturally all red, she was startled to find the new ally her retainer told her about stained with red; hopefully a sign of simply being eagar for her revenge and nothing else. ".................Are you that Mirror's master?" "Yes; I am Hecatia, and you are?" The dark red Imperial has orbs chained to her; one rests balanced on her antlers, while the other two float near her wings, swaying about as she talks. "................Junko. I heard you can help me get my revenge against that rotten Chang'e? I have already deposed of her rotten assistance that was in the form of Hou Yi......" Cue a shiver to go down Hecatia's spine upon hearing Junko's words, that were said in such a calm tone, despite what she was implying. "Yes, of course; I have a bit of my own score to settle with Chang'e, since it's clear the original target has already done something incurred your fury....." "Excellent. Now, what must I do to gain your assistance?" "Don't be a boring ally to work with; since we are both fighting the same enemy, I don't need payment. Now, we have much to discuss in terms of what to do to conduct this revenge......"[/i][/center] --------------------------------------------- Author note: Tried to listen to Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart to get me in the mood to write this....... Had to resist the urge to dance because Touhou boss music are some of my hecking jams. Had to change it to The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects; eh, still same effect of getting me in the mood to write, since I just needed a theme related to Junko. [s]*hides the Touhou Wiki because that was needed for this*[/s] Music listened to while writing: Small bit of Pure Furies, The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects, A World of Nightmares Never Seen Before, Heian Alien(Sorry, no aliens to say hey towards here!), Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion, Perriot of the Star Spangled Banner, Pandemonic Planet, Septette for the Dead Princess
EDIT 6/22/18: Due to changes in lore, I should likely note that the former husband mentioned is Hou Yi; I know it's clear enough in the story, but meh. (Trust me, I doubt she would harm a feather on the husband she actually loved; but she certainly did want to harm the man who killed him and decided that stealing the recently departed's wife was a good idea!)
MAIN DRAGON:
37835879_350.png

Grudges and Goddesses

A small hatchling lays there on the ground, bleeding out of a number of small wounds and a major wound, the culprit already fleeing upon the sound of someone approaching with extreme quickness. The cries of the dying hatchling had attracted his mother, but much too late for the poor child; he had already passed by the time she had arrived.

The cries of the desperate mother, begging for her sweet son to wake up, speak to her, anything to show her that he wasn't gone, that she didn't just lose the only true family she has.........It was heartbreaking, even to the few otherworldly beings that heard her cries, her begging, for anyone to help her, to save her child.

After a long time of the grieving mother just laying there, curled around the dead child like she was trying to keep the cold body warm, she was approached by an odd dragon; a masked Mirror,
with glowing ridges and solid green eyes that simply stared the female Imperial down from the high ledge he had taken perch on. He appeared to be like a statue, and the only reason she knew that he wasn't there before was that there were no statues of dragons like him around here, and certainly none wearing masks. The two dragons just stared at each other before the masked one finally spoke.

"My, my, has fate dealt you a cruel hand. But given how recent that kid's fate was-" The Mirror looks at the dead child, and shivers at the sight. "-But, I think I have a way I can help; or rather, a way my master can help, if you are willing. Though, I believe it will be best to think over what exactly you want to do first, be-"

"Tell me how to contact your master, Mirror."

".....................For future notice, my name is Therai, not Mirror." A huff in return from the Imperial, which causes the masked dragon to sigh. "...............Alright, I will see if she is open to aid you; what happened here? Do you plan revenge?"

"Yes; revenge for my pure sweet son......"

"Well, do you have any ideas who did it; depending on it, I might be able to help you get a small part of your revenge now, as a small taste of the aid my master can give you."

"..............Hou Yi, and Chang'e assisted him........." Cue the griving mother to start growling, and for seven flame-like tails to form, spilting up her true tail; the whole sight frightened the masked Mirror, causing Therai to actually tumble down from the ledge he was seated on!

"......................Now, now, no need to get hissy with m-!!!" Cue the growling Imperial's head to get dangerously close to the Mirror. "Hey! I'm not doing anything to earn your anger! Now......I think I can help you with the mortal; I know how to disable wings, and thus keep him from escaping you. The goddess in the Moon will require a lot more planning, but part of your revenge, the more minor part, can be done now......Now, do you just want both of the dastard's wings disabled, or just one?" Ugh, the grin on that Mirror's face belongs to a demon, not a dragon.....

".............One wing; I wish to-" Cue the demonic Mirror to cut off the Imperial.

"Yeah, don't need to hear your plan; I'll make sure one of his wings doesn't work, then you are able to do whatever to him, while I tell my master of your.......request for help." He was going to say cry, but at this point, the Mirror fears this mother that is dealing with the lost of her son; she was not stable enough for him to speak without much thought.

Therai was quick to fly off to do his part of the deal, while the Imperial remembered her son was still laying on the ground. Despite her eariler aggression, she picked the hatchling up gently, holding her son like he was simply asleep and she was just carrying him to bed, rather than to bury him for his final rest. She told herself this way simply to past the time needed to allow the Mirror to do what he promised; but really, it was all she could do at this point for her poor child.
Some of the final tears she would shed were during these couple of hours.....

When she saw the sign that she could finally start her revenge, she had only finished the grave for her son; she buried him under a cherry tree, one that was currently blooming, and left some of his toys and drawings in front of the gravestone, before just.......sitting there and staring at it,
letting her tears fall. She was already slowly purifying herself, down to just her grudge and anger, but with that in the early stages, came sensitivity to her other emotions; and the memory of her son dying in front of her was too fresh for her to not cry.

But......the sign she could finally take her revenge, even partly, was too tempting to leave her sitting at her son's grave, despite the tears remaining in her eyes as she left the grove of blooming cherry trees.

She would avenge her fallen child

She would not stop until all involved in it were eliminated.

Her grudge and fury, purified into her main essence.

Even her former husband's begging, though it might of worked before, fell upon deaf ears as she got part of her revenge; the easier part, of course, but part of it.

........................The Mirror was right; disabling one of Hou Yi's wings made it so her pure furies were hard to evade.

When that Mirror's master showed up, she found the semi-purified Imperial appearing to be stained red in a lot of places, said Imperial not seeming to care about the new stains on her clothes, scales, and mane. Even though the fellow Imperial was naturally all red, she was startled to find the new ally her retainer told her about stained with red;
hopefully a sign of simply being eagar for her revenge and nothing else.

".................Are you that Mirror's master?"

"Yes; I am Hecatia, and you are?" The dark red Imperial has orbs chained to her; one rests balanced on her antlers, while the other two float near her wings, swaying about as she talks.

"................Junko. I heard you can help me get my revenge against that rotten Chang'e? I have already deposed of her rotten assistance that was in the form of Hou Yi......" Cue a shiver to go down Hecatia's spine upon hearing Junko's words, that were said in such a calm tone, despite what she was implying.

"Yes, of course; I have a bit of my own score to settle with Chang'e, since it's clear the original target has already done something incurred your fury....."

"Excellent. Now, what must I do to gain your assistance?"

"Don't be a boring ally to work with; since we are both fighting the same enemy, I don't need payment. Now, we have much to discuss in terms of what to do to conduct this revenge......"

Author note: Tried to listen to Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart to get me in the mood to write this....... Had to resist the urge to dance because Touhou boss music are some of my hecking jams. Had to change it to The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects; eh, still same effect of getting me in the mood to write, since I just needed a theme related to Junko. *hides the Touhou Wiki because that was needed for this*

Music listened to while writing: Small bit of Pure Furies, The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects, A World of Nightmares Never Seen Before, Heian Alien(Sorry, no aliens to say hey towards here!), Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion, Perriot of the Star Spangled Banner, Pandemonic Planet, Septette for the Dead Princess
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Update 05/15/18: Edited the story a bit at one part because this was written........before I made Minsija's blood father be the mate his mother had before the killer mentioned in this story, rather than have his father be the same person who killed him. [center]MAIN DRAGON: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38008291] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380083/38008291_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A Ghost's Second Chance[/b] [i]He didn't know how long he had been under the sakura trees, waiting for someone to show up; he felt in his heart that his mother was going to come back, that he wouldn't be alone for too much longer, that he would get to go home soon. He lost track of how many times he saw the trees bloom, how many times he had played with the toys he had and with sticks and whatever else he could find, looked at the pictures that were on the grave until they had faded away with age. All his toys broke too, and yet still no sign of the sweet, caring mother he had been waiting here so long for. He cried out for her. No response. He wandered away from the grave a bit, and cried out again. Still no response. He went as far as his little legs could take him before he tired, before crying out again, crying in hopes of anyone hearing him. Still no response...... He kept wandering farther and farther away from where he was supposed to be, crying out for his mother; crying out for anyone really. He didn't want to be alone; didn't want to be forgotten, or lost. Maybe his mother just got lost on her way home? He heard her mumbling over the grave, mumbling words out of saddened fury; nasty words, the words of a heartbroken mother seeking revenge for the sweet young son she lost to........the same man who killed his father...... .......He remembers why he only thinks of, worries, about his mother. He is fine with it; he has always accepted it since he was even smaller than he is now. Younger wasn't a right term for him now, he couldn't age, couldn't grow, couldn't pass on. He didn't want to leave his mother alone. He refuses to let his caring mother be alone in this world. He continues to wander. He finds himself in a place overgrown with green, a place that would frighten him if he was only recently out of his grave. Now, he simply enjoys the ability to watch how animals act, the respect they give even small dragons like him. He has even been able to run with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=17429288]some foxes[/url] and play with them, though they seemed rather.......large for foxes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=34736346]Legendary kitsune[/url] maybe? Or maybe the foxes here are just large, more powerful than their mainland counterparts. Either way, they ended up guiding him towards a clan's territory, where he cried out again just in case. This time there was a response. Not by who he was expecting though. A number of dragons looked up from what they were doing to search for the source of a crying hatchling, but gave up and chalked it up to the usual hauntings the territory gets. But no sign of his mother. He repeated this for many weeks, in different places in the territory; one time, he thought he finally did it, he finally found his mother when the frantic searches that had started up in the past few months finally sounded close....! ..........The Imperial that saw him was terrifying to the child; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=37115865]a large, dark red one that looked kinda evil to him[/url], with her red eyes and the fact she was mainly shades of red; and the dragon with her scared him just as much despite said dragon being smaller than even a young Imperial; the lunatic glint in the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=39841&did=29366968]golden Spiral[/url]'s eyes wouldn't of been a welcomed sight even if he was fully grown, but right now, when he was only a bit bigger than her? He ran; as fast as he could. Even with both dragons trying to, they couldn't catch him. He hid in a tree hollow, telling himself to never go back near that giant tree that he had been searching around. He couldn't hide for long though; someone found where he hid rather quickly. He knew what breed it was once the newcomer poked their head in; a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=36773512]Mirror[/url], a native of the area judging by the green eyes. Said Mirror only gently grasped him with their teeth by the scruff of their neck, like they were carrying their own child, despite the ghost not being too far from half the Mirror's size. The Mirror had only started to approach the giant tree when the ghost started to struggle to get free; he didn't want to go back there! But the Mirror simply used his tail to pet the ghost's back in an attempt to calm him, before starting to climb up the tree with his claws, still holding the ghost by the scruff of his neck like a kitten. At some point they reached the top; the very high up platforms set up to be a home to some of the clan's newcomers. The Mirror was quick to set the ghost down, before looking around. "........You don't want to be seen, I'm guessing?" A nod from the ghost; he didn't want to draw attention unless it helped him in his search for his mother. "Ok, I know a little den you can stay in that's hidden away; it was originally going to be a friend's according to what was planned, but our master forgot that said friend likes sharing a bed with me. Don't worry, nothing was really done to it besides get it cut out in the tree...." And thus the ghost is getting carried again, this time with the Mirror's tail.... ...........The den was rather cozy, especially for the ghost; he liked being in a tree. It felt.......safe to him. Natural. The Mirror(his name was Therai apparently, but he let the ghost call him Bambi; the name kinda fits the active but docile Mirror) was quick to ask for help from the main clan's leader in terms of obtaining some basic things for him; and some aid in figuring things out about him. "Hmmm.......We need a name for you........I have tried to look into you, but you seem to have been forgotten, kiddo." Forgotten? But didn't his mother still remember him? She was here, he knows it! Wouldn't they already know his name? .....................He forgot what it was too. "Um, let's see........" The Mirror started to tell the ghost a series of names the Clan Leader suggested, but it took a bit for one to click. ".......Minsija?" The ghost perked up hearing that name. "..............?" ".........Why are you looking at me like that? Wait, does that name ring any bells? Minsija?" "...........I think that's right......" "....................Odd name." "...............................?" "Oh, I mean, it's not a bad name, it's just......that means 'Forgotten' in some old language. Are you sure that's what you were named?" "Yes! Yay, I finally remember my name!" "Eh, better than someone whose name means 'Pure Fox' containing the word 'Junk' when used in the most common language here." The ghost was mainly at peace here by this; spending a lot of his time exploring the clan's territory, and also visiting the clan's leader([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=1056120]a Coatl named Mephiles[/url]; kinda of scary, but also not too imposing), who gave the ghost some sort of possessed dragon armor to protect him. It.......honestly acts more like a pet than a guardian. And he got a little plush fox from the foxes he played with on his way to the clan's territory(Bambi said that one of them thought the child was one of them, and to consider the plush a gift to show that he was an honorary kitsune if he wanted to be); something he tends to have with him whenever he can. It calms him, keeps him from fading, keeps his memories from getting any fogger. But one day, after visiting the market(well, more like following the big scary red Imperial to it), he met a really nice Coatl(and a kinda rude.....iguana with wings?) that he talked to about what he was doing at the market(Bambi told him he would get to see his mother again soon; he wanted to get her a gift), and she gave him some flowers that kinda looked like him coloring-wise. So he had something that might fade with time; ok, time for him to explore the treetop himself to find where his mother's den was, just to drop the flowers off! .........................He didn't know where that was either. ..............................The golden Spiral he was so afraid of was actually really nice, when he worked up the bravery to ask her for directions. Very understanding of his problem, despite only getting to see the ghost close up for the first time. The lunatic glint in her eyes was still frightening, but he can ignore it if it means he has some help finding his mother. After saying goodbye to his new Spiral friend(her name is Clownpiece; she is Bambi's friend that he has sometimes seen coiled around the Mirror, taking a nap while he is doing things in the sunlight.), he was quick to enter his mother's den and find a place to set down the flowers and the note he made sure to write so she knew who it was from; and so he could explain why he didn't just wait for her to come back. ................He didn't even get the feeling she might still remember him more than his Mirror friend had guessed until he heard singing while the moon was high in the sky(he had heard about his mother's grudge against those on the moon; didn't understand why when only one had a hand in what happened to him); lullabies from where they came from, lullabies she sang to him a long time ago...... He sang with her, actually came out of hiding and headed towards her den before finding a place to sit in the moonlight and sing with the lullabies that were all coming back to him as he heard them sung. Even when the demons; Bambi, Clownpiece, and even that scary Imperial(he has heard her name recently; Hecatia. He still thinks she's kinda scary looking.); started to sing lullabies from where they came from in their native tongue, it was still a rather calm and peaceful night. .................He knew he wasn't supposed to visit Junko until someone made sure he wouldn't get hurt by the Divine Spirit, but.......He was sleepy, and her den was closest. So he snuck in like he did during the day to place the flowers. He didn't even get time to maybe question if this was a good idea, as he noticed a pair of eyes, Junko's eyes, staring at him in confusion, before they turned gentle looking. He didn't have time to try to evade(if he had even wanted to) as he got picked up by his mother and set down in the nest/bed she had, the larger Imperial making sure she wouldn't end up laying on her little son, before silently curling up to sleep, allowing the ghost to do what he wished. He wanted to sleep. He had found his mother; he wanted to ask her what happened, where she had gone. Tell her that he was a good boy, that he had waited for her under the sakura trees until he realized that she might be lost, that he searched for her just to make sure she was safe, that he refused to fade so she wouldn't be alone. But his eyes and mind were refusing him that for now; so he just got out his fox plush, and snuggled up to his mother. He didn't care that now, they were both spirits. He just wanted to be with her again. ............He could have sworn he heard a 'Good night, my sweet little son' from his mother before he left for the world of dreams. He didn't see Junko's slight smile at the sight of him sleeping, seemingly alive even though she knew they were both spirits; but she did spot Minsija smiling in his sleep before she joined him in the world of dreams.[/i][/center] ----------------------------- Author note: I had to write this after Junko's because I FELT BAD, OK. Music listened to while writing: U.N. Owen was Her?, 'Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke', Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon, Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart, Eternal Spring Dream(the TH15.5 version; aka TIME FOR A PARTY IN THE DREAM WORLD), Evening Star ~ Night Falls, back to The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects(a fitting ending track, don't you say?)
Update 05/15/18: Edited the story a bit at one part because this was written........before I made Minsija's blood father be the mate his mother had before the killer mentioned in this story, rather than have his father be the same person who killed him.
MAIN DRAGON:

38008291_350.png

A Ghost's Second Chance

He didn't know how long he had been under the sakura trees, waiting for someone to show up; he felt in his heart that his mother was going to come back, that he wouldn't be alone for too much longer, that he would get to go home soon. He lost track of how many times he saw the trees bloom, how many times he had played with the toys he had and with sticks and whatever else he could find, looked at the pictures that were on the grave until they had faded away with age. All his toys broke too, and yet still no sign of the sweet, caring mother he had been waiting here so long for.

He cried out for her. No response. He wandered away from the grave a bit, and cried out again. Still no response. He went as far as his little legs could take him before he tired, before crying out again, crying in hopes of anyone hearing him. Still no response......

He kept wandering farther and farther away from where he was supposed to be, crying out for his mother; crying out for anyone really. He didn't want to be alone; didn't want to be forgotten, or lost. Maybe his mother just got lost on her way home? He heard her mumbling over the grave, mumbling words out of saddened fury; nasty words, the words of a heartbroken mother seeking revenge for the sweet young son she lost to........the same man who killed his father......

.......He remembers why he only thinks of, worries, about his mother. He is fine with it; he has always accepted it since he was even smaller than he is now. Younger wasn't a right term for him now, he couldn't age, couldn't grow, couldn't pass on. He didn't want to leave his mother alone. He refuses to let his caring mother be alone in this world.

He continues to wander. He finds himself in a place overgrown with green, a place that would frighten him if he was only recently out of his grave. Now, he simply enjoys the ability to watch how animals act, the respect they give even small dragons like him. He has even been able to run with some foxes and play with them, though they seemed rather.......large for foxes. Legendary kitsune maybe? Or maybe the foxes here are just large, more powerful than their mainland counterparts. Either way, they ended up guiding him towards a clan's territory, where he cried out again just in case.

This time there was a response.

Not by who he was expecting though.

A number of dragons looked up from what they were doing to search for the source of a crying hatchling, but gave up and chalked it up to the usual hauntings the territory gets. But no sign of his mother.

He repeated this for many weeks, in different places in the territory; one time, he thought he finally did it, he finally found his mother when the frantic searches that had started up in the past few months finally sounded close....!

..........The Imperial that saw him was terrifying to the child; a large, dark red one that looked kinda evil to him, with her red eyes and the fact she was mainly shades of red; and the dragon with her scared him just as much despite said dragon being smaller than even a young Imperial; the lunatic glint in the golden Spiral's eyes wouldn't of been a welcomed sight even if he was fully grown, but right now, when he was only a bit bigger than her?

He ran; as fast as he could. Even with both dragons trying to, they couldn't catch him. He hid in a tree hollow, telling himself to never go back near that giant tree that he had been searching around.

He couldn't hide for long though; someone found where he hid rather quickly. He knew what breed it was once the newcomer poked their head in; a Mirror, a native of the area judging by the green eyes. Said Mirror only gently grasped him with their teeth by the scruff of their neck, like they were carrying their own child, despite the ghost not being too far from half the Mirror's size.

The Mirror had only started to approach the giant tree when the ghost started to struggle to get free; he didn't want to go back there! But the Mirror simply used his tail to pet the ghost's back in an attempt to calm him, before starting to climb up the tree with his claws, still holding the ghost by the scruff of his neck like a kitten.

At some point they reached the top; the very high up platforms set up to be a home to some of the clan's newcomers. The Mirror was quick to set the ghost down, before looking around.

"........You don't want to be seen, I'm guessing?" A nod from the ghost; he didn't want to draw attention unless it helped him in his search for his mother. "Ok, I know a little den you can stay in that's hidden away; it was originally going to be a friend's according to what was planned, but our master forgot that said friend likes sharing a bed with me. Don't worry, nothing was really done to it besides get it cut out in the tree...." And thus the ghost is getting carried again, this time with the Mirror's tail....

...........The den was rather cozy, especially for the ghost; he liked being in a tree. It felt.......safe to him. Natural. The Mirror(his name was Therai apparently, but he let the ghost call him Bambi; the name kinda fits the active but docile Mirror) was quick to ask for help from the main clan's leader in terms of obtaining some basic things for him; and some aid in figuring things out about him.

"Hmmm.......We need a name for you........I have tried to look into you, but you seem to have been forgotten, kiddo."

Forgotten? But didn't his mother still remember him? She was here, he knows it! Wouldn't they already know his name?

.....................He forgot what it was too.

"Um, let's see........" The Mirror started to tell the ghost a series of names the Clan Leader suggested, but it took a bit for one to click. ".......Minsija?"

The ghost perked up hearing that name. "..............?"

".........Why are you looking at me like that? Wait, does that name ring any bells? Minsija?"

"...........I think that's right......"

"....................Odd name."

"...............................?"

"Oh, I mean, it's not a bad name, it's just......that means 'Forgotten' in some old language. Are you sure that's what you were named?"

"Yes! Yay, I finally remember my name!"

"Eh, better than someone whose name means 'Pure Fox' containing the word 'Junk' when used in the most common language here."

The ghost was mainly at peace here by this; spending a lot of his time exploring the clan's territory, and also visiting the clan's leader(a Coatl named Mephiles; kinda of scary, but also not too imposing), who gave the ghost some sort of possessed dragon armor to protect him. It.......honestly acts more like a pet than a guardian. And he got a little plush fox from the foxes he played with on his way to the clan's territory(Bambi said that one of them thought the child was one of them, and to consider the plush a gift to show that he was an honorary kitsune if he wanted to be); something he tends to have with him whenever he can. It calms him, keeps him from fading, keeps his memories from getting any fogger.

But one day, after visiting the market(well, more like following the big scary red Imperial to it), he met a really nice Coatl(and a kinda rude.....iguana with wings?) that he talked to about what he was doing at the market(Bambi told him he would get to see his mother again soon; he wanted to get her a gift), and she gave him some flowers that kinda looked like him coloring-wise. So he had something that might fade with time; ok, time for him to explore the treetop himself to find where his mother's den was, just to drop the flowers off!

.........................He didn't know where that was either.

..............................The golden Spiral he was so afraid of was actually really nice, when he worked up the bravery to ask her for directions. Very understanding of his problem, despite only getting to see the ghost close up for the first time. The lunatic glint in her eyes was still frightening, but he can ignore it if it means he has some help finding his mother.

After saying goodbye to his new Spiral friend(her name is Clownpiece; she is Bambi's friend that he has sometimes seen coiled around the Mirror, taking a nap while he is doing things in the sunlight.), he was quick to enter his mother's den and find a place to set down the flowers and the note he made sure to write so she knew who it was from; and so he could explain why he didn't just wait for her to come back.

................He didn't even get the feeling she might still remember him more than his Mirror friend had guessed until he heard singing while the moon was high in the sky(he had heard about his mother's grudge against those on the moon; didn't understand why when only one had a hand in what happened to him); lullabies from where they came from, lullabies she sang to him a long time ago......

He sang with her, actually came out of hiding and headed towards her den before finding a place to sit in the moonlight and sing with the lullabies that were all coming back to him as he heard them sung.

Even when the demons; Bambi, Clownpiece, and even that scary Imperial(he has heard her name recently; Hecatia. He still thinks she's kinda scary looking.); started to sing lullabies from where they came from in their native tongue, it was still a rather calm and peaceful night.

.................He knew he wasn't supposed to visit Junko until someone made sure he wouldn't get hurt by the Divine Spirit, but.......He was sleepy, and her den was closest. So he snuck in like he did during the day to place the flowers.

He didn't even get time to maybe question if this was a good idea, as he noticed a pair of eyes, Junko's eyes, staring at him in confusion, before they turned gentle looking.

He didn't have time to try to evade(if he had even wanted to) as he got picked up by his mother and set down in the nest/bed she had, the larger Imperial making sure she wouldn't end up laying on her little son, before silently curling up to sleep, allowing the ghost to do what he wished.

He wanted to sleep. He had found his mother; he wanted to ask her what happened, where she had gone. Tell her that he was a good boy, that he had waited for her under the sakura trees until he realized that she might be lost, that he searched for her just to make sure she was safe, that he refused to fade so she wouldn't be alone.

But his eyes and mind were refusing him that for now; so he just got out his fox plush, and snuggled up to his mother. He didn't care that now, they were both spirits. He just wanted to be with her again.

............He could have sworn he heard a 'Good night, my sweet little son' from his mother before he left for the world of dreams.

He didn't see Junko's slight smile at the sight of him sleeping, seemingly alive even though she knew they were both spirits; but she did spot Minsija smiling in his sleep before she joined him in the world of dreams.

Author note: I had to write this after Junko's because I FELT BAD, OK.

Music listened to while writing: U.N. Owen was Her?, 'Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke', Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon, Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart, Eternal Spring Dream(the TH15.5 version; aka TIME FOR A PARTY IN THE DREAM WORLD), Evening Star ~ Night Falls, back to The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects(a fitting ending track, don't you say?)
@GembondFairy This is really cool!!
@GembondFairy This is really cool!!
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
@GembondFairy

aaaah, A Ghost's Second Chance almost had me tearing up :')

really beautiful stories, I want to read more ! :^)
@GembondFairy

aaaah, A Ghost's Second Chance almost had me tearing up :')

really beautiful stories, I want to read more ! :^)
rkC7fxE.png
[center]MAIN DRAGON: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31628439] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316285/31628439_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A Song of Silence and Blood[/b] [i]He's dead. Or at least, he should be. Anankos, no, [b]Hydra[/b] knows this; so why can he still use his senses? Granted, he feels like he's floating in a vast nothingness, but the fact he can still feel.......... .....Did his children fail to kill him? Did the other First Dragons wish to punish him for what he did as a feral and mad dragon by forcing him to be stuck in a void between worlds? If it was either, he hoped it was the latter; he deserved no mercy after what he did, even if much of it was the fault of the cursed insanity that plagues the dragons of his world. After passing out in the void for what felt like the millionth time, something finally changed. ....................He was a young hatchling again, lost in a salty sea; [b]'Am I in my homeland again? Was Valla restored?[/b] he thought before remembering all that he did, and that his homeland was many odd things, but glowing pink crystals everywhere, [b]the overflowing amount of raw magic[/b], was not part of his home. So, the Silent Dragon* simply swam to shore in order to try to get to the bottom of this. He found other dragons! ......Too bad his Silent Dragon form causes a bit of a panic due to his odd looks, and his odd words due to not knowing the native language of this land. So thus, he did what he used to do before his insanity took over; he wandered alone, learning as he went, despite the odd looks he got, and even the rare attack on him. But mostly, the Arcane natives were interested in the Silent Dragon, due to his unique and youthful appearance combined with his wisdom and stories of another world. Though to him, they weren't another world at this point; they were a home he longed to return to. He couldn't go back to Valla, but Hoshido is similar enough, and the place that took in his wife and children in their time of need; though Nohr wasn't too bad a place either, or he could live in a neutral kingdom..... .....No, that was not a world he could go back to; not after what he did. He had to stay here; it was surely his fate. Even if he would never get to say his true final goodbyes, or see his children all grown up outside of battle......He will just accept it. The Arcane dragons were actually rather helpful for his own purposes at least; he could observe them, learn their language, [b]copy the appearance of the closest large breed he could find that was similar to how he used to look like as an adult[/b]. Oh, he still had more maroon(now with pink pockets where the Arcane magic had been pooling in his eye) eyes than a dragon should have, and his scales turned a molted brown color due to the extra thickness to them, and his antlers were still there along with the proper horns, but it felt well enough for a form to take among anyone he doesn't trust here. It led to him fleeing from the Arcane dragons once he was sure he had mastered this world's simple magics of shapeshifting(thankfully his broken dragonstone was slowly repairing due to his more sound state; he still goes feral at times, his memory is spotty, but at least he's himself most of the time; and it could be used to help focus the magic here) and basic combat spells; and had gathered up an outfit that reminded him of his human form's, which hid the extra eyes rather well. Early on in his trek, he heard of something called a 'Search'; something Guardians undergo when they come of age. He felt something drawing him along in his wanderings; but he figured it was a longing to find someone from the same world as him, that he could talk to about that world without confusion. But now he has a word for it; he's on a 'Search'. A search for a new place to call home. He would never be a guardian of a whole kingdom again, but maybe he could be a guardian of something else. Or maybe he's looking for someone? Maybe even........No, she wouldn't be here; the gods of fate were punishing him by placing him in an unknown world, she wouldn't be here with him...... But eventually, the pain in his chest was almost unbearable, and thus, he made the trek to the Sea of a Thousand Currents before just finding a lone seaside cave to hide out in. The pain was still there, but the sharp scent of the sea distracted him, and it was plentiful in prey, and hidden enough for him to just be in his Silent Dragon form rather than hiding as a Guardian. So thus, he hid by himself, the Silent Dragon of Valla and Dragon of Wisdom reduced to a hermit living alone in a sea cave and hiding from everything just to ignore the pain in his chest. But one day, as the Silent Dragon was swimming around in search of something large to kill and store away, he found an alarming sight; three dragons downed in the water, though the Tundra in the ground was struggling to wake up the Guardian and Imperial......... [b]And she was speaking in the Vallite language![/b] Finally! He found others! The Silent Dragon was quick to swim towards them, too excited to remember to turn into a Guardian. Thankfully, the Tundra was soon too pass out when he got there; Anankos just got right to work in dragging the three back to the cave, without even trying to ask for the dragons' names. When the first one, the Tundra, started to wake up finally, he was making food for his new guests(he had to go find some plants for the herbivore; and was still in Silent Dragon form) and some tea for them to all share; though he almost dropped the food he was cooking when he heard a weak '.....Hydra.....?' come from the weak looking Tundra, who was looking at him with a tired but happy look on her face. "........................Please wait until I'm done cooking before we discuss this. Can you see if the other two can wake up so they can eat?" "Of course." After the other two guests were woken up(both still wanted to sleep until food was mentioned), Anankos was quick to figure out a makeshift place for them to all eat, before splitting up all the food and pouring everyone some tea. They ate in much more silence than he expected, at least until the Tundra spoke up again. "So Hydra, why are you here...?" "...................Why are you here? You don't deserve to be displaced......" Cue the Guardian to speak up. "Well, we are all here now, Anankos! So we are going to stick together as a team of Vallites!" Now for the Imperial. "Sister, we aren't quite what most would consider Vallites......" "Nonsense! I might be the Golden Dragon of Hoshido, but I accept my birthright of getting to call Valla home!" Anankos stared at the two bantering back and forth(not noticing the Tundra slowly moving herself rather close to him), before smiling the best he could in this form at the two. "Quiet down and eat you two; we aren't quite in a place considered to be Valla anymore, so we can ditch that label, my children. Same for you, Mikoto." Oh how nice that felt on his tongue. And surprisingly, they obeyed his words. After a few weeks to allow his guests/family to regain strength(and for Mikoto to remind him that she was a bit of mild prankster in her youth; all they did was raise the spirits of all four of them), and thus also some time to reforge bonds with them; though Anankos had been a bit distant from Mikoto since he wasn't sure of how close he was allowed to be to her again; Crescent, the Guardian, and Eclipse, the Imperial, had planned a course to go where they had heard that Crescent's husband(a shock that was unexpected to Anankos, but welcomed after seeing just how happy his daughter sounded talking about the kitsune) had been seen; the dense forest of the territory of the Nature Flight, though thankfully near the water rich area of the Gladeveins, so there would still be plenty of water for them all to dive in as Silent Dragons. When the day to start their journey came, Mikoto requested to climb onto his back in order to act as a pair of eyes to help guide them without her having to focus on keeping up with them. But after they started to fly towards the Labyrinth...........Anankos is sure she just wanted an excuse to snuggle down in the fabric of his cloak, though he understood why she was worried about not being able to keep up with him and their children. And she did a great job at finding places for them to take a break to eat and rest. And when they got there, while Crescent and Eclipse wandered further into the territory to search for a Kitsune by the name of Kaden, Mikoto requested that Anankos stay and help her find a place for a new home for their family and whoever else from their world they find in the future. And for her? He would do anything; and the place she found was clear and had a cave he could hide in when he wished, and it was still close to the huge connecting river channels. Over the building time, while waiting for their children to come back, that was when he slowly regained his closeness to his wife, who welcomed him despite what happened...... By the time Crescent and Eclipse came back a couple of weeks later, with Kaden in tow, Anankos and Mikoto had already built a couple of simple houses, and were taking a well earned nap out in the sunlight together. And it made Anankos think finally; [u][b]Maybe the other First Dragons were giving me a second chance to be happy, instead of punishing me for what happened.[/b][/u][/i][/center] ------------------------ Author Note: I FELT SO BAD FOR HUMAN ANANKOS IN FE FATES; this poor man deserved to be with his children and wife so much, but nope, no happy ending for him[besides Heirs of Fate in a way]. At least he gets a second chance here....... Music listened to: The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects(can you tell I like Touhou music yet?), Don't Speak Her Name, Simple and Clean, Bad Apple, Drop Pop Candy, Entry Number 17 - Dark Darker Yet Darker, Hopes and Dreams, Undertale, a lot of Undertale the Musical really, Life Will Change, Beneath the Mask......I lost track of songs after this * ~ [url=https://pm1.narvii.com/6132/33cfe0fb45328280adb13e2529e1005188833412_hq.jpg]Silent Dragons look like this as younglings I believe.[/url] Basically, imagine a blue with gold and black accents one, and you got Anankos. [s][url=https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/c/cf/Anankos_dragon_form_cutscene.png]Plus the eyes from his ingame appearance's eyeorb, but on his actual head[/url][/s]
MAIN DRAGON:

31628439_350.png

A Song of Silence and Blood

He's dead. Or at least, he should be. Anankos, no, Hydra knows this; so why can he still use his senses? Granted, he feels like he's floating in a vast nothingness, but the fact he can still feel..........

.....Did his children fail to kill him? Did the other First Dragons wish to punish him for what he did as a feral and mad dragon by forcing him to be stuck in a void between worlds? If it was either, he hoped it was the latter; he deserved no mercy after what he did, even if much of it was the fault of the cursed insanity that plagues the dragons of his world.

After passing out in the void for what felt like the millionth time, something finally changed.

....................He was a young hatchling again, lost in a salty sea; 'Am I in my homeland again?
Was Valla restored?
he thought before remembering all that he did, and that his homeland was many odd things, but glowing pink crystals everywhere, the overflowing amount of raw magic, was not part of his home. So, the Silent Dragon* simply swam to shore in order to try to get to the bottom of this.

He found other dragons!

......Too bad his Silent Dragon form causes a bit of a panic due to his odd looks, and his odd words due to not knowing the native language of this land. So thus, he did what he used to do before his insanity took over; he wandered alone, learning as he went, despite the odd looks he got, and even the rare attack on him. But mostly, the Arcane natives were interested in the Silent Dragon, due to his unique and youthful appearance combined with his wisdom and stories of another world. Though to him, they weren't another world at this point; they were a home he longed to return to. He couldn't go back to Valla, but Hoshido is similar enough, and the place that took in his wife and children in their time of need; though Nohr wasn't too bad a place either, or he could live in a neutral kingdom.....

.....No, that was not a world he could go back to; not after what he did. He had to stay here; it was surely his fate. Even if he would never get to say his true final goodbyes, or see his children all grown up outside of battle......He will just accept it.

The Arcane dragons were actually rather helpful for his own purposes at least; he could observe them, learn their language, copy the appearance of the closest large breed he could find that was similar to how he used to look like as an adult. Oh, he still had more maroon(now with pink pockets where the Arcane magic had been pooling in his eye) eyes than a dragon should have, and his scales turned a molted brown color due to the extra thickness to them, and his antlers were still there along with the proper horns, but it felt well enough for a form to take among anyone he doesn't trust here. It led to him fleeing from the Arcane dragons once he was sure he had mastered this world's simple magics of shapeshifting(thankfully his broken dragonstone was slowly repairing due to his more sound state; he still goes feral at times, his memory is spotty, but at least he's himself most of the time; and it could be used to help focus the magic here) and basic combat spells; and had gathered up an outfit that reminded him of his human form's, which hid the extra eyes rather well.

Early on in his trek, he heard of something called a 'Search'; something Guardians undergo when they come of age. He felt something drawing him along in his wanderings; but he figured it was a longing to find someone from the same world as him, that he could talk to about that world without confusion. But now he has a word for it; he's on a 'Search'. A search for a new place to call home. He would never be a guardian of a whole kingdom again, but maybe he could be a guardian of something else. Or maybe he's looking for someone? Maybe even........No, she wouldn't be here; the gods of fate were punishing him by placing him in an unknown world, she wouldn't be here with him......

But eventually, the pain in his chest was almost unbearable, and thus, he made the trek to the Sea of a Thousand Currents before just finding a lone seaside cave to hide out in. The pain was still there, but the sharp scent of the sea distracted him, and it was plentiful in prey, and hidden enough for him to just be in his Silent Dragon form rather than hiding as a Guardian.

So thus, he hid by himself, the Silent Dragon of Valla and Dragon of Wisdom reduced to a hermit living alone in a sea cave and hiding from everything just to ignore the pain in his chest. But one day, as the Silent Dragon was swimming around in search of something large to kill and store away, he found an alarming sight; three dragons downed in the water, though the Tundra in the ground was struggling to wake up the Guardian and Imperial......... And she was speaking in the Vallite language!

Finally! He found others! The Silent Dragon was quick to swim towards them, too excited to remember to turn into a Guardian. Thankfully, the Tundra was soon too pass out when he got there; Anankos just got right to work in dragging the three back to the cave, without even trying to ask for the dragons' names.

When the first one, the Tundra, started to wake up finally, he was making food for his new guests(he had to go find some plants for the herbivore; and was still in Silent Dragon form) and some tea for them to all share; though he almost dropped the food he was cooking when he heard a weak '.....Hydra.....?' come from the weak looking Tundra, who was looking at him with a tired but happy look on her face.

"........................Please wait until I'm done cooking before we discuss this. Can you see if the other two can wake up so they can eat?"

"Of course."

After the other two guests were woken up(both still wanted to sleep until food was mentioned),
Anankos was quick to figure out a makeshift place for them to all eat, before splitting up all the food and pouring everyone some tea. They ate in much more silence than he expected, at least until the Tundra spoke up again.

"So Hydra, why are you here...?"

"...................Why are you here? You don't deserve to be displaced......"

Cue the Guardian to speak up. "Well, we are all here now, Anankos! So we are going to stick together as a team of Vallites!"

Now for the Imperial. "Sister, we aren't quite what most would consider Vallites......"

"Nonsense! I might be the Golden Dragon of Hoshido, but I accept my birthright of getting to call Valla home!"

Anankos stared at the two bantering back and forth(not noticing the Tundra slowly moving herself rather close to him), before smiling the best he could in this form at the two. "Quiet down and eat you two; we aren't quite in a place considered to be Valla anymore, so we can ditch that label, my children. Same for you, Mikoto." Oh how nice that felt on his tongue. And surprisingly, they obeyed his words.

After a few weeks to allow his guests/family to regain strength(and for Mikoto to remind him that she was a bit of mild prankster in her youth; all they did was raise the spirits of all four of them),
and thus also some time to reforge bonds with them; though Anankos had been a bit distant from Mikoto since he wasn't sure of how close he was allowed to be to her again; Crescent, the Guardian, and Eclipse, the Imperial, had planned a course to go where they had heard that Crescent's husband(a shock that was unexpected to Anankos, but welcomed after seeing just how happy his daughter sounded talking about the kitsune) had been seen; the dense forest of the territory of the Nature Flight, though thankfully near the water rich area of the Gladeveins, so there would still be plenty of water for them all to dive in as Silent Dragons.

When the day to start their journey came, Mikoto requested to climb onto his back in order to act as a pair of eyes to help guide them without her having to focus on keeping up with them. But after they started to fly towards the Labyrinth...........Anankos is sure she just wanted an excuse to snuggle down in the fabric of his cloak, though he understood why she was worried about not being able to keep up with him and their children. And she did a great job at finding places for them to take a break to eat and rest.

And when they got there, while Crescent and Eclipse wandered further into the territory to search for a Kitsune by the name of Kaden, Mikoto requested that Anankos stay and help her find a place for a new home for their family and whoever else from their world they find in the future. And for her? He would do anything; and the place she found was clear and had a cave he could hide in when he wished, and it was still close to the huge connecting river channels.

Over the building time, while waiting for their children to come back, that was when he slowly regained his closeness to his wife, who welcomed him despite what happened......

By the time Crescent and Eclipse came back a couple of weeks later, with Kaden in tow, Anankos and Mikoto had already built a couple of simple houses, and were taking a well earned nap out in the sunlight together.

And it made Anankos think finally; Maybe the other First Dragons were giving me a second chance to be happy, instead of punishing me for what happened.

Author Note: I FELT SO BAD FOR HUMAN ANANKOS IN FE FATES; this poor man deserved to be with his children and wife so much, but nope, no happy ending for him[besides Heirs of Fate in a way]. At least he gets a second chance here.......

Music listened to: The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects(can you tell I like Touhou music yet?), Don't Speak Her Name, Simple and Clean, Bad Apple, Drop Pop Candy, Entry Number 17 - Dark Darker Yet Darker, Hopes and Dreams, Undertale, a lot of Undertale the Musical really, Life Will Change, Beneath the Mask......I lost track of songs after this

* ~ Silent Dragons look like this as younglings I believe. Basically, imagine a blue with gold and black accents one, and you got Anankos. Plus the eyes from his ingame appearance's eyeorb, but on his actual head
@Lucanidae (Whoops my hand slipped and wanted to write something for our lore share. Don't worry, it's all stuff for my end, but I figured it might help with Ariadne's stuff.) [center]MAIN DRAGON: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2246039] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/22461/2246039_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]The God's Regrettable Choice[/b] [i]He had to do this if he didn't want the Black Arms to get chased off from their home by the demonic newcomers. At least, that's what the god/part-time assassin was telling himself as he snuck into the tree the Hell Denizens lived in; from what he had gathered, they had a nest up there so none of them needed to nest at the clan's main nesting grounds. Hopefully, that also meant fewer guards than the main nesting grounds. The black and purple Imperial was quick to find the small nesting area and kept his steps light and careful, to keep from waking up anyone that is nearby. He approached the nest, and though the fact [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=361118&tab=dragon&did=38932514]one of the hatchlings[/url] had glowing Runes upon her scales that could of caused someone to notice the hatchling being moved, putting the hatchlings quickly into the bag he borrowed to carry them in kept the light from being noticeable, and a quick spell to mimic the glow was easy to cast to make it seem like the Runed hatchling was still there. Nebris was quick to leap out of the tree once he was sure no one would spot him under the cover of the darkness, before spreading his large wings and taking to the skies. If he wanted to make sure the demon faction in the Clan of the Darkened Star didn't grow any more, he needed to make sure these hatchlings were [b]far[/b] from the clan, or were in other clans before anyone can find them. .............He took the time to finally look over the hatchlings once it was bright out, and he needed to hide in the shadows in case anyone was searching for whoever stole the hatchlings. He noticed that though the Runed hatchling was plenty strong physically, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=38932513]the hatchling that seemed cursed with Gembond[/url] seemed sluggish and weaker than their sister; likely more magically capable. But.......That wouldn't work to the hatchling's favor; most clans want strong warriors and had little use for mages most of the time. This will cause an issue.......... One that led the black and purple dragon to simply find a clearing and leave the Gembond hatchling behind there, lying and telling the child that he would be back soon. Nebris was quick to take to the skies, after making sure the Runed hatchling was still in the bag and didn't leave it. .................He knew he might have just left a hatchling in the Wilds to die, but part of him thought [b]'if that hatchling is truly strong, they will survive by themselves or at least long enough for a clan to find them.'[/b] A cruel way to think, but Nebris reasoned with himself that a Mirror surely has the instincts needed to live on their own from birth, right.....? Nebris just shook his head, clearing his head of these thoughts; he was nearing the Lucanidae Clan's territory....... He landed before thinking something over; maybe he could pawn this hatchling off to them without anyone noticing? He scooped out the Runed Mirror and looked her over; didn't resemble anyone in the Clan of the Darkened Star too much, so he should be safe..... ".......Child. What is your name?" ".........." A low whine from the hatchling. ".......Good, not old enough to just yet......" Cue Nebris to check over the notes that he had Unknown gather for him before he did this. Most recent nest bore two hatchlings, named Hoshi and Ariadne; Hoshi bore the Gembond curse it seemed, while Ariadne had the same Runes as her mother. "Ok, so this is the Runed one, so Ariadne........" The Imperial mumbled, before placing the Mirror hatchling on his head(she needed fresh air, and he had to appear as if he didn't kidnap a hatchling) and starting to head towards the true lair of the Lucanidae Clan. Hopefully no one brings Mephiles into this; but then again, the Coatl tended to keep things simple and not bring in the other sub-clans' respective leaders for anything, so no one should know of him. All he has to do is simple: 1. Act as if he found Ariadne rather than stole her, and as if he was a wanderer rather than a clan member anywhere. 2. Lie and say that the hatchling was an orphan, and that he could find none of her family anywhere. 3. Request that they tell no one that he was there, or at least, tell no one what he looked like. 4. Remember to introduce himself as [b]Argus[/b] rather than as Nebris; just to cover his tracks a bit better. Now all he has to hope for is that when this hatchling does learn to speak, she doesn't remember what happened and thus can't reveal the truth; or if she does, by that point he's far gone and back into his hiding place either at the Assassin's Guild he's part of, or back in the Clan of the Darkened Star's territory.....[/i][/center] --------------------------------------- Author note: The bit about warriors vs mages is solely because of the Coli; physical setups tend to work a lot better than magic based setups.
@Lucanidae (Whoops my hand slipped and wanted to write something for our lore share. Don't worry, it's all stuff for my end, but I figured it might help with Ariadne's stuff.)
MAIN DRAGON:

2246039_350.png

The God's Regrettable Choice

He had to do this if he didn't want the Black Arms to get chased off from their home by the demonic newcomers.

At least, that's what the god/part-time assassin was telling himself as he snuck into the tree the Hell Denizens lived in; from what he had gathered, they had a nest up there so none of them needed to nest at the clan's main nesting grounds. Hopefully, that also meant fewer guards than the main nesting grounds.

The black and purple Imperial was quick to find the small nesting area and kept his steps light and careful, to keep from waking up anyone that is nearby. He approached the nest, and though the fact one of the hatchlings had glowing Runes upon her scales that could of caused someone to notice the hatchling being moved, putting the hatchlings quickly into the bag he borrowed to carry them in kept the light from being noticeable, and a quick spell to mimic the glow was easy to cast to make it seem like the Runed hatchling was still there.

Nebris was quick to leap out of the tree once he was sure no one would spot him under the cover of the darkness, before spreading his large wings and taking to the skies. If he wanted to make sure the demon faction in the Clan of the Darkened Star didn't grow any more, he needed to make sure these hatchlings were far from the clan, or were in other clans before anyone can find them.

.............He took the time to finally look over the hatchlings once it was bright out, and he needed to hide in the shadows in case anyone was searching for whoever stole the hatchlings. He noticed that though the Runed hatchling was plenty strong physically, the hatchling that seemed cursed with Gembond seemed sluggish and weaker than their sister; likely more magically capable. But.......That wouldn't work to the hatchling's favor; most clans want strong warriors and had little use for mages most of the time. This will cause an issue..........

One that led the black and purple dragon to simply find a clearing and leave the Gembond hatchling behind there, lying and telling the child that he would be back soon. Nebris was quick to take to the skies, after making sure the Runed hatchling was still in the bag and didn't leave it.

.................He knew he might have just left a hatchling in the Wilds to die, but part of him thought 'if that hatchling is truly strong, they will survive by themselves or at least long enough for a clan to find them.' A cruel way to think, but Nebris reasoned with himself that a Mirror surely has the instincts needed to live on their own from birth, right.....?

Nebris just shook his head, clearing his head of these thoughts; he was nearing the Lucanidae Clan's territory....... He landed before thinking something over; maybe he could pawn this hatchling off to them without anyone noticing? He scooped out the Runed Mirror and looked her over; didn't resemble anyone in the Clan of the Darkened Star too much, so he should be safe.....

".......Child. What is your name?"

".........." A low whine from the hatchling.

".......Good, not old enough to just yet......" Cue Nebris to check over the notes that he had Unknown gather for him before he did this. Most recent nest bore two hatchlings, named Hoshi and Ariadne; Hoshi bore the Gembond curse it seemed, while Ariadne had the same Runes as her mother. "Ok, so this is the Runed one, so Ariadne........" The Imperial mumbled, before placing the Mirror hatchling on his head(she needed fresh air, and he had to appear as if he didn't kidnap a hatchling) and starting to head towards the true lair of the Lucanidae Clan.

Hopefully no one brings Mephiles into this; but then again, the Coatl tended to keep things simple and not bring in the other sub-clans' respective leaders for anything, so no one should know of him. All he has to do is simple:

1. Act as if he found Ariadne rather than stole her, and as if he was a wanderer rather than a clan member anywhere.

2. Lie and say that the hatchling was an orphan, and that he could find none of her family anywhere.

3. Request that they tell no one that he was there, or at least, tell no one what he looked like.

4. Remember to introduce himself as Argus rather than as Nebris; just to cover his tracks a bit better.

Now all he has to hope for is that when this hatchling does learn to speak, she doesn't remember what happened and thus can't reveal the truth; or if she does, by that point he's far gone and back into his hiding place either at the Assassin's Guild he's part of, or back in the Clan of the Darkened Star's territory.....

Author note: The bit about warriors vs mages is solely because of the Coli; physical setups tend to work a lot better than magic based setups.
@Lucanidae (OH BOY, TIME FOR MORE LORE SHARE.) [center]MAIN DRAGONS(a double feature!!!): [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37115865] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/371159/37115865_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1056120] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10562/1056120_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Strengthening Alliances[/b] [i]Mephiles was just finishing up some important papers he needed to sort out before his next trip to the Tangled Wood when he heard a loud thud outside his den; too loud to be one of his usual visitors, so he wasn't too surprised to see Hecatia, leader of the Hell Denizens, at his den entrance, panting like she rushed here from far away. "Mephiles! First off, is there any dragon here that goes by the name Argus?" "Why yes; Nebris goes by that nam-" Cue Mephiles to get surprised by Hecatia hissing in an unknown language, though she quickly calms. "...........Ok, please request that the Black Arms do not intervene when me and my retainers punish Nebris for stealing the hatchlings that were missing." "Very well; I'm sure Doom will understand and be able to convince the rest of the Black Arms to stay back when you decide to punish Nebris for whatever he did." "Thank you. Second, I have found out where the hatchling we couldn't find is." "Oh?" "It seems that Nebris assumed no one from here would come looking for Ariadne if he left her in the care of the Lucanidae Clan. But she seems happy there, and one of their clan members is acting as her grandmother.......I couldn't bare to force her to leave her new home, so I suggested we figure something else out to allow for her to still be reconnected to her parents, but also let her stay with her adoptive grandma." "[s]Sounds like someone who would be good friends with Chronos and Autumn....[/s] Ah, are you making alliances of your own now, Hecatia? Well, I assume this now involves me as Clan Leader. Good thing I was already planning on asking for a hatchling to be sent to them as a way to bolster their numbers a little; and I ruled out your retainers after the whole hatchling thing.... Funny how fate works. Now this is more of a thing we need to discuss with Kynareth. But........Are either of your retainers possibly open to come with? It's only fair to let at least one of them have a say in this after all." Hecatia just smiles at this. "I'm sure I can at least get Therai to come with; CP might not be keen on leaving after what happened, since I would imagine seeing your own daughter but having her know you only as the Lunatic Fairy isn't something she wants to confront just yet." "Understandable. Please be ready within a week; we will leave then."[/i] ---------------------------------- [i]About a week later, Mephiles was waiting near the edge of the Clan of the Darkened Star when Hecatia arrived with one of her retainers following her closely; it was a Mirror, so the dark Coatl assumed it must be Therai......But why was he carrying a bag with him? "Um, what's with his bag? It's not that long of a flight to the Lucanidae Clan..." "Oh, Ariadne's family wanted to send her some things, so Therai decided to be the one to carrying the items." "...................I was actually surprised Hoshi remembered their sister enough to want to send her something; or maybe they just followed mine and CP's lead." Therai remarked, before taking to the air and going on ahead; he knows his way..... Mephiles follows the Mirror rather quickly, while Hecatia takes a moment to pause to peek at something hiding on her back. Is that......An Ashmane Chimera cub? The dark red Imperial just holds the chimera cub in her front paws before taking to the air, not wanting to drop the small familiar....... I wonder why she's taking it with her? Nevermind that; maybe it's a thank you gift to the Lucanidae Clan for treating Ariadne so kindly..... Or a gift for Ariadne maybe, like the items she is going to receive from her family.[/i][/center] ---------------------------------------- Author's note: Huh, this was shorter than the others...... But I like it! (What prompted this: Ariadne now has a story in her bio; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=361118&tab=dragon&did=38932514]check it out![/url])
@Lucanidae (OH BOY, TIME FOR MORE LORE SHARE.)

MAIN DRAGONS(a double feature!!!):

37115865_350.png

1056120_350.png

Strengthening Alliances

Mephiles was just finishing up some important papers he needed to sort out before his next trip to the Tangled Wood when he heard a loud thud outside his den; too loud to be one of his usual visitors, so he wasn't too surprised to see Hecatia, leader of the Hell Denizens, at his den entrance, panting like she rushed here from far away.

"Mephiles! First off, is there any dragon here that goes by the name Argus?"

"Why yes; Nebris goes by that nam-" Cue Mephiles to get surprised by Hecatia hissing in an unknown language, though she quickly calms.

"...........Ok, please request that the Black Arms do not intervene when me and my retainers punish Nebris for stealing the hatchlings that were missing."

"Very well; I'm sure Doom will understand and be able to convince the rest of the Black Arms to stay back when you decide to punish Nebris for whatever he did."

"Thank you. Second, I have found out where the hatchling we couldn't find is."

"Oh?"

"It seems that Nebris assumed no one from here would come looking for Ariadne if he left her in the care of the Lucanidae Clan. But she seems happy there, and one of their clan members is acting as her grandmother.......I couldn't bare to force her to leave her new home, so I suggested we figure something else out to allow for her to still be reconnected to her parents, but also let her stay with her adoptive grandma."

"Sounds like someone who would be good friends with Chronos and Autumn.... Ah, are you making alliances of your own now, Hecatia? Well, I assume this now involves me as Clan Leader. Good thing I was already planning on asking for a hatchling to be sent to them as a way to bolster their numbers a little; and I ruled out your retainers after the whole hatchling thing....
Funny how fate works. Now this is more of a thing we need to discuss with Kynareth. But........Are either of your retainers possibly open to come with? It's only fair to let at least one of them have a say in this after all."

Hecatia just smiles at this. "I'm sure I can at least get Therai to come with; CP might not be keen on leaving after what happened, since I would imagine seeing your own daughter but having her know you only as the Lunatic Fairy isn't something she wants to confront just yet."

"Understandable. Please be ready within a week; we will leave then."

About a week later, Mephiles was waiting near the edge of the Clan of the Darkened Star when Hecatia arrived with one of her retainers following her closely; it was a Mirror, so the dark Coatl assumed it must be Therai......But why was he carrying a bag with him?

"Um, what's with his bag? It's not that long of a flight to the Lucanidae Clan..."

"Oh, Ariadne's family wanted to send her some things, so Therai decided to be the one to carrying the items."

"...................I was actually surprised Hoshi remembered their sister enough to want to send her something; or maybe they just followed mine and CP's lead." Therai remarked, before taking to the air and going on ahead; he knows his way.....

Mephiles follows the Mirror rather quickly, while Hecatia takes a moment to pause to peek at something hiding on her back. Is that......An Ashmane Chimera cub? The dark red Imperial just holds the chimera cub in her front paws before taking to the air, not wanting to drop the small familiar.......

I wonder why she's taking it with her? Nevermind that; maybe it's a thank you gift to the Lucanidae Clan for treating Ariadne so kindly..... Or a gift for Ariadne maybe, like the items she is going to receive from her family.

Author's note: Huh, this was shorter than the others...... But I like it! (What prompted this: Ariadne now has a story in her bio; check it out!)
MAIN DRA-.............Oh? This seems to be a special one, with a lot of the clan involved!

The Longest Night (Special story for Trickmurk Circus!)

'Ah, time for me to be allowed to do what I want to do for once....' The Shadow born Coatl was standing on a hickory stump, looking down at all the dragons gathered up, quietly waiting for him to do......something.

"Dance my shadows, dance!!" Mephiles gestures with his hands and wings as he works his magic, covering the territory of the Clan of the Darkened Star in the darkness of a moonlit night, which caused his fellow Shadow-born, as well as some of the members from dark places in their original worlds, to cheer as the darkness set in. It was time for one of the festivals of elements, and one that was rather important to the clan as a whole; the Festival of Shadow, the Trickmurk Circus. The week in which the clan would be covered in darkness to mimic that of the leader's homeland; and the week where the pranksters wouldn't be judged as much about messing with people.

Clownpiece was one of the first to get ready to pull some tricks on people, but first.....Trying to get a hat and mask combo like she had onto a wiggling little Mirror(oddly Hoshi was growing a lot slower than dragons here normally do) was a lot more difficult than she expected, especially since her child had grown larger than her by this point. Eventually, the Lampad was able to get the hat on Hoshi, who paused before getting excited again.

"Can I help you prank people today? I've been getting really good at the magic you taught me!"

"Of course you can; the festival lasts a week, so we've got plenty of time! Now, let's cause some chaos!"

"Yay!"

And off the Lampad and the Demon Fey go, probably to go mess with their clanmates despite the fact that they might go a little far considering them, which would likely just end in a concerned Therai......

Most of the Mirrors and Wildclaws in the lair were having a hunting contest in the Shrieking Wilds, with the Mirrors being one team, and the Wildclaws being the other. Seems to be at a stalemate though, as both groups are amazing hunters while all working together. Guess the lair will have plenty of food to feast on tho......

Moonbeam has sent up a concession stand in the heart of the territory, where the clan was hosting a huge festival for anyone in the Flight to come and join in on; the Fae ended up recruiting Folant and Delilah to come and help her, but besides that,
it's going well, selling to both clanmates and outsiders.

There was also a fortune-telling stand being run by Anankos, the anicent dragon giving out simple fortunes using his abilities for a small fee that would go towards building up projects in the area where all those from the lands of Manaketes and Beast-shifters call home now. Anankos smiled happily at all that came to the stand,
and his wife could be found helping him or just hanging around him, or bringing him back something to eat or drink.

There were many other stands, but quite a few of them were dealing with a bit of lunatic chaos due to Clownpiece and Hoshi, though both have been told to stop by Hecatia, and were now just enjoying the festival normally. They are likely to start their pranks up again, just maybe turning it away from inside the festival.....

And once the hunting contest was over; the Mirrors had won, partly due to an odd Fire-born that was chimeric in true form; everyone who was running the food stands divided up the meat before starting to cook up to sell, though a fair bit of it was being saved for a feast for the clan itself and any allies that came to the festival on its final day.

Later on, when it was truly night, and the clan was covered in darkness, with the moonlight and many fires and lanterns acting as the only light, was when many of the clan came together to perform for their guests and fellow clanmates. Main among it was all the Imperials starting a flying dance through the air and in front of the moon, with the Spirals soon interlacing themselves into the dance, and eventually, the Coatls, including Mephiles, joined in on the dance, all the dragons in the dance coming close to each other at times, but at worst brushing shoulders or wings, but never falling out of their graceful patterns, even as small magical bullets of many shapes were added into the pattern to enhance the beauty of it. Even Minsija, the smallest and youngest appearing of the Imperials, was able to keep up in the dance despite his youthful state; or perhaps because of it.

Down on the ground, Chronos had made a big bonfire and started to lead a more primal dance away from the main festival around the flames, allowing those with different true forms to dance in those forms. Among those were herself and her mate in their natural Hell-Liger forms, Therai in his alternate dragon form that lacks wings and is a lot smaller, all of the Silent Dragons(Crescent, Eclipse, Paradox, HoshidianHope, and TomaRyu) besides Anankos in their Silent Dragon forms, a rare appearance of the Dusk Dragon Nene, and a number of others; they all did the primal dance around the fire all together and with much energy and shocking grace and rhythm for something unplanned for.

And then, of course, there were more formal performances; Azura and Olivia decided to do a performance together after the serpentine sky dance, and on a stage that had to be cleared off quickly due to being out of use for quite a while. But everyone who worked on readying the stage or playing the music for their performance agreed it was worth all the effort.......Especially to see the normally calm and slightly distant Ryoma and Lunar blush and act all shy upon seeing their respective mates up on the stage dancing(and singing in Azura's case). Hehehe, I made sure to get a picture of the looks on those two's faces; I'll have to keep it in case I ever need it for whatever reason!

The festival continued through the night, though it did have a period of calm, as many of the clan members were sleeping and same with the guests, but the festival will continue all week, so I'm sure it will be quite eventful in the coming days..........

Author's Note: I wish I had enough gems to go back to Shadow Flight for a while and see if anyone remembers me. But I doubt I would have enough to get back to Nature where I belong after the six months. Still really love Shadowmama tho; someone please send me and my custom Progen some of her cookies, we miss the taste.

Also, my Progen's name is Mephiles, and he shows up at first on a hickory stump; all he needs is a fiddle.

Oh, if you want to know what music might be playing, idk, maybe this?
MAIN DRA-.............Oh? This seems to be a special one, with a lot of the clan involved!

The Longest Night (Special story for Trickmurk Circus!)

'Ah, time for me to be allowed to do what I want to do for once....' The Shadow born Coatl was standing on a hickory stump, looking down at all the dragons gathered up, quietly waiting for him to do......something.

"Dance my shadows, dance!!" Mephiles gestures with his hands and wings as he works his magic, covering the territory of the Clan of the Darkened Star in the darkness of a moonlit night, which caused his fellow Shadow-born, as well as some of the members from dark places in their original worlds, to cheer as the darkness set in. It was time for one of the festivals of elements, and one that was rather important to the clan as a whole; the Festival of Shadow, the Trickmurk Circus. The week in which the clan would be covered in darkness to mimic that of the leader's homeland; and the week where the pranksters wouldn't be judged as much about messing with people.

Clownpiece was one of the first to get ready to pull some tricks on people, but first.....Trying to get a hat and mask combo like she had onto a wiggling little Mirror(oddly Hoshi was growing a lot slower than dragons here normally do) was a lot more difficult than she expected, especially since her child had grown larger than her by this point. Eventually, the Lampad was able to get the hat on Hoshi, who paused before getting excited again.

"Can I help you prank people today? I've been getting really good at the magic you taught me!"

"Of course you can; the festival lasts a week, so we've got plenty of time! Now, let's cause some chaos!"

"Yay!"

And off the Lampad and the Demon Fey go, probably to go mess with their clanmates despite the fact that they might go a little far considering them, which would likely just end in a concerned Therai......

Most of the Mirrors and Wildclaws in the lair were having a hunting contest in the Shrieking Wilds, with the Mirrors being one team, and the Wildclaws being the other. Seems to be at a stalemate though, as both groups are amazing hunters while all working together. Guess the lair will have plenty of food to feast on tho......

Moonbeam has sent up a concession stand in the heart of the territory, where the clan was hosting a huge festival for anyone in the Flight to come and join in on; the Fae ended up recruiting Folant and Delilah to come and help her, but besides that,
it's going well, selling to both clanmates and outsiders.

There was also a fortune-telling stand being run by Anankos, the anicent dragon giving out simple fortunes using his abilities for a small fee that would go towards building up projects in the area where all those from the lands of Manaketes and Beast-shifters call home now. Anankos smiled happily at all that came to the stand,
and his wife could be found helping him or just hanging around him, or bringing him back something to eat or drink.

There were many other stands, but quite a few of them were dealing with a bit of lunatic chaos due to Clownpiece and Hoshi, though both have been told to stop by Hecatia, and were now just enjoying the festival normally. They are likely to start their pranks up again, just maybe turning it away from inside the festival.....

And once the hunting contest was over; the Mirrors had won, partly due to an odd Fire-born that was chimeric in true form; everyone who was running the food stands divided up the meat before starting to cook up to sell, though a fair bit of it was being saved for a feast for the clan itself and any allies that came to the festival on its final day.

Later on, when it was truly night, and the clan was covered in darkness, with the moonlight and many fires and lanterns acting as the only light, was when many of the clan came together to perform for their guests and fellow clanmates. Main among it was all the Imperials starting a flying dance through the air and in front of the moon, with the Spirals soon interlacing themselves into the dance, and eventually, the Coatls, including Mephiles, joined in on the dance, all the dragons in the dance coming close to each other at times, but at worst brushing shoulders or wings, but never falling out of their graceful patterns, even as small magical bullets of many shapes were added into the pattern to enhance the beauty of it. Even Minsija, the smallest and youngest appearing of the Imperials, was able to keep up in the dance despite his youthful state; or perhaps because of it.

Down on the ground, Chronos had made a big bonfire and started to lead a more primal dance away from the main festival around the flames, allowing those with different true forms to dance in those forms. Among those were herself and her mate in their natural Hell-Liger forms, Therai in his alternate dragon form that lacks wings and is a lot smaller, all of the Silent Dragons(Crescent, Eclipse, Paradox, HoshidianHope, and TomaRyu) besides Anankos in their Silent Dragon forms, a rare appearance of the Dusk Dragon Nene, and a number of others; they all did the primal dance around the fire all together and with much energy and shocking grace and rhythm for something unplanned for.

And then, of course, there were more formal performances; Azura and Olivia decided to do a performance together after the serpentine sky dance, and on a stage that had to be cleared off quickly due to being out of use for quite a while. But everyone who worked on readying the stage or playing the music for their performance agreed it was worth all the effort.......Especially to see the normally calm and slightly distant Ryoma and Lunar blush and act all shy upon seeing their respective mates up on the stage dancing(and singing in Azura's case). Hehehe, I made sure to get a picture of the looks on those two's faces; I'll have to keep it in case I ever need it for whatever reason!

The festival continued through the night, though it did have a period of calm, as many of the clan members were sleeping and same with the guests, but the festival will continue all week, so I'm sure it will be quite eventful in the coming days..........

Author's Note: I wish I had enough gems to go back to Shadow Flight for a while and see if anyone remembers me. But I doubt I would have enough to get back to Nature where I belong after the six months. Still really love Shadowmama tho; someone please send me and my custom Progen some of her cookies, we miss the taste.

Also, my Progen's name is Mephiles, and he shows up at first on a hickory stump; all he needs is a fiddle.

Oh, if you want to know what music might be playing, idk, maybe this?
(*sudden burst of muse for one of my dragons* Ok, time to take advantage of this before it disappears!) [center]MAIN DRAGON: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39685126] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/396852/39685126_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A Golden Hope Lost In Lonely Thoughts[/b] [i]The Guardian was just returning from her usual place to stay during the day; a sort of hidden clearing with a swarm of foxes living there; keeping her eyes low as she wandered through the Clan's territory on her way to what could be considered home now for her. Does it feel like it? .......No, but it was a place to stay during the night; sure, she was used to the dark, but the moon.........haunts her; reminds her too much of both her twin brother and the woman she loved and betrayed the trust of. Granted, she also betrayed the trust of the man that deep greens remind her of, and the foxes, though calming, serve as a reminder of the kitsune she loved so dearly who likely wishes she could move on........ ...............The Golden Dragon shook her head; she could only allow herself these thoughts while in that clearing. Outside of it, she need only focus on surviving and acting as a loyal soldier to Toma Ryu in gratitude for him keeping her alive. Even if she wishes to see her fox husband again......... The Golden Dragon soon found herself in the village of those from the worlds where the myth of the Fire Emblem exists; she always goes through it to get to the trio of houses, but today.......It was quiet. All of them must be out and about, doing whatever it is that they need to do. There was even no sign of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39841&tab=dragon&did=32196332]the other Golden Dragon[/url], the one that actually belonged to the group properly; or of the other version of her own twin, though she thanked the First Dragons for that........She hated remembering the fact that the last she saw of her own Eclipse was him begging her to not leave him behind, that he still needed his sister. Another shake of her head. Oh, how she wished Paradox wasn't busy today; she craved the fluffy dragon's contagious energy and happiness right now, since being alone with her thoughts wasn't a good idea it seemed. But alas, the Tundra had been sent out on some sort of quest by their shared master and speaking of that dragon, even Toma Ryu was out doing something. Was she not trusted to leave the territory......? ..............Nonsense, she proved she was loyal, just like she did in Hoshido! She always made sure to put others before herself, just to prove that loyalty! He just didn't have anything for her to do, that's all! Even if he somehow had something for Paradox to do that apparently isn't a good idea to give to an actual adult......At least she hoped Toma considered her an adult, even if she was still rather young for a Silent Dragon compared to him. .............Maybe a swim would clear her mind. No one was around after all, so......She entered her Silent Dragon form; one that clearly shone brightly in gold, red, and black scales, but now looked dulled with many scratches that never faded over time. And she dove deep into the water, seeking a way to silence her thoughts by the tune of the water around her. The swift current against her was just what she needed; the water battering against her damaged scales relaxing her and helping her clear her mind of all those thoughts that seek to invade her mind. The Golden Dragon refused to forget or move on from that past. But that doesn't mean she wants to think about it much outside of when she truly feels like discussing it. Besides, the water is her true home at this point; the only place where she truly feels safe from the world. She can feel, [b]sense[/b] someone much larger swimming with her like she was a tiny hatchling just learning to swim and needing protection. Was it her father? She has no idea; part of her has a feeling it is, the ancient dragon likely wanting to make up for not being able to be there when her and her brother were children. Or......his spirit at least. Though today, she feels another spirit swimming beside her. Many actually. Looking around her, she can see many Silent Dragons swimming with her, all seemingly made up of energy rather than being solid. She didn't recognize most of them, but Toma Ryu's large and scarred up but yet shiny blue form was the first she could recognize(and one of the very few that were solid instead of semi-transparent). The only other solid looking Silent Dragon she saw was a rather fox-like one, in the colors of an orange fox, and she has a good guess who that was, but.......Paradox wasn't a Silent Dragon? She was sure of it; the fox only ever has his battle damaged beaststone! The Golden Dragon was going to try to ask a question somehow, when she noticed a rather noticeable form among the illusionary Silent Dragons; she noticed the colors of Kaga's dragon form! This caused her to rush over and try to get closer to the red and blue dragon, but the other dragon just seemed to evade her anytime she got close. When she noticed the completely black form of her twin, she tried to get close to him as well; he swam away as well when she tried to rush towards him. Was she frightening now? What was she doing that caused them to shy away from her? Was it her lack of sound besides what was caused from her swimming? The Golden Dragon drifted a bit in the back of the group of illusionary Silent Dragons when she felt a nudge on her neck..... When she looked at the Silent Dragon nudging her, she saw yet another fox-like Dragon, but this one was almost all golden in color, and was staring at her with hopeful eyes...... The Golden Dragon knew who this was. She wasn't sure if she could handle the sight, but..........She just nuzzled the smaller golden dragon and gently guided her, swimming nice and slow as to not outpace the youngling. Granted, once said youngling got going, suddenly the Golden Dragon had to pick up her pace just to keep up with the fox, even when the gold fox started to drag in the orange fox dragon into games of tag...... ............That the Golden Dragon joined in too. And then the Black Dragon of Nohr joined in. And then two other young Silent Dragons she didn't recognize. And then Kaga of all people. The Golden Dragon felt true joy then, seeing this game just unfold with all of the dragons that chose to join in acting like children, no matter how big they were. She didn't know how long they all played, just that one, she's pretty sure all the illusionary Silent Dragons joined in by the end, and two...... She passed out at some point.[/i] ---------------------------------- [i]When she awoke, she was back in her Guardian form, in her bed, in her little home back in the village. Was all that......just a dream? The Golden Dragon started to stir in bed before noticing a note on her bedside table; the Guardian chose to simply pick it up and read it before she goes any further on getting up at the moment. 'Hmmmmm, did you enjoy your swim? It was rather hard to figure out how to give you something that might make you simply happy to be alive, rather than just a shell. Don't worry about those related to you that you saw; it was simply a dream for all of them, one they shouldn't remember too clearly once they wake up. But hey, just seeing them again, knowing they were alive and able to dream, should be worth something, right? ...............I know it isn't much, but it's something, all I can do by myself at least. Anankoses are stronger in numbers, and my fellow fragment here is a little weak at the moment, so I was working by myself for that feat. .........................All the other Silent Dragons? Tribe mates I knew a very long time ago. The dragon princes and princesses of other worlds like yours. Children from those worlds. Again, none of them should remember that dream after they wake up, besides maybe those you actually knew. ....................And Paradox. But you know him, and he wasn't dreaming. Always wants to make you smile even a little bit. That was his first time becoming a Silent Dragon by the way. He did pretty good. ~ Toma Ryu' The Golden Dragon teared up upon reading that note; the anicent dragon went through all that effort just to see if it would cheer her up? Paradox transformed for the first time just to aid in that effort? She's not sure what she did to deserve it, espiecally with how much time she spends in that fox clearing rather than in the main part of the clan's territory. .............She still felt tired. And sore. She has a feeling that she did indeed play an hours-long game of swim tag. She can think about this later.......And thus, she slept once more. ................Not even noticing when Paradox came to check on her and got a large smile on his face at the sight of the Golden Dragon at peace for once, with no nightmares. Even if it was likely just due to her being worn out from the game of tag, it felt like a victory to see her sleeping peacefully instead of being plagued with nightmares. But just to be safe, he left a plush toy of a golden Silent Dragon with her, in hopes that the Golden Dragon of Hoshido that gave him so much hope would protect her as well.[/i] [/center] ---------------------------------- Author's notes: Man, don't you just hate it when you get muse for something and it's for the lore that is hecking sad? Oh mighty Golden Dragon of Hoshido, may you one day find true peace....... Music listened to: Premonition (Receive), In the Stars, Warmth is Gone, Elise and Sakura's violin and koto duet(because I need something not sad), Lost in the Waves, End of All, Id (Purpose), Id (Sorrow), Id (Serenity)
(*sudden burst of muse for one of my dragons* Ok, time to take advantage of this before it disappears!)
MAIN DRAGON:

39685126_350.png

A Golden Hope Lost In Lonely Thoughts

The Guardian was just returning from her usual place to stay during the day; a sort of hidden clearing with a swarm of foxes living there; keeping her eyes low as she wandered through the Clan's territory on her way to what could be considered home now for her. Does it feel like it? .......No, but it was a place to stay during the night; sure, she was used to the dark, but the moon.........haunts her; reminds her too much of both her twin brother and the woman she loved and betrayed the trust of. Granted, she also betrayed the trust of the man that deep greens remind her of, and the foxes, though calming, serve as a reminder of the kitsune she loved so dearly who likely wishes she could move on........

...............The Golden Dragon shook her head; she could only allow herself these thoughts while in that clearing. Outside of it, she need only focus on surviving and acting as a loyal soldier to Toma Ryu in gratitude for him keeping her alive. Even if she wishes to see her fox husband again.........

The Golden Dragon soon found herself in the village of those from the worlds where the myth of the Fire Emblem exists; she always goes through it to get to the trio of houses, but today.......It was quiet. All of them must be out and about, doing whatever it is that they need to do. There was even no sign of the other Golden Dragon, the one that actually belonged to the group properly; or of the other version of her own twin, though she thanked the First Dragons for that........She hated remembering the fact that the last she saw of her own Eclipse was him begging her to not leave him behind, that he still needed his sister.

Another shake of her head. Oh, how she wished Paradox wasn't busy today; she craved the fluffy dragon's contagious energy and happiness right now, since being alone with her thoughts wasn't a good idea it seemed. But alas, the Tundra had been sent out on some sort of quest by their shared master and speaking of that dragon, even Toma Ryu was out doing something. Was she not trusted to leave the territory......?

..............Nonsense, she proved she was loyal, just like she did in Hoshido! She always made sure to put others before herself, just to prove that loyalty! He just didn't have anything for her to do, that's all! Even if he somehow had something for Paradox to do that apparently isn't a good idea to give to an actual adult......At least she hoped Toma considered her an adult, even if she was still rather young for a Silent Dragon compared to him.

.............Maybe a swim would clear her mind. No one was around after all, so......She entered her Silent Dragon form; one that clearly shone brightly in gold, red, and black scales, but now looked dulled with many scratches that never faded over time. And she dove deep into the water, seeking a way to silence her thoughts by the tune of the water around her. The swift current against her was just what she needed; the water battering against her damaged scales relaxing her and helping her clear her mind of all those thoughts that seek to invade her mind.

The Golden Dragon refused to forget or move on from that past.

But that doesn't mean she wants to think about it much outside of when she truly feels like discussing it.

Besides, the water is her true home at this point; the only place where she truly feels safe from the world. She can feel, sense someone much larger swimming with her like she was a tiny hatchling just learning to swim and needing protection. Was it her father? She has no idea; part of her has a feeling it is, the ancient dragon likely wanting to make up for not being able to be there when her and her brother were children. Or......his spirit at least. Though today, she feels another spirit swimming beside her. Many actually.

Looking around her, she can see many Silent Dragons swimming with her, all seemingly made up of energy rather than being solid. She didn't recognize most of them, but Toma Ryu's large and scarred up but yet shiny blue form was the first she could recognize(and one of the very few that were solid instead of semi-transparent). The only other solid looking Silent Dragon she saw was a rather fox-like one, in the colors of an orange fox, and she has a good guess who that was, but.......Paradox wasn't a Silent Dragon? She was sure of it; the fox only ever has his battle damaged beaststone!

The Golden Dragon was going to try to ask a question somehow, when she noticed a rather noticeable form among the illusionary Silent Dragons; she noticed the colors of Kaga's dragon form! This caused her to rush over and try to get closer to the red and blue dragon, but the other dragon just seemed to evade her anytime she got close. When she noticed the completely black form of her twin, she tried to get close to him as well; he swam away as well when she tried to rush towards him.

Was she frightening now? What was she doing that caused them to shy away from her? Was it her lack of sound besides what was caused from her swimming? The Golden Dragon drifted a bit in the back of the group of illusionary Silent Dragons when she felt a nudge on her neck..... When she looked at the Silent Dragon nudging her, she saw yet another fox-like Dragon, but this one was almost all golden in color, and was staring at her with hopeful eyes......

The Golden Dragon knew who this was.

She wasn't sure if she could handle the sight, but..........She just nuzzled the smaller golden dragon and gently guided her, swimming nice and slow as to not outpace the youngling. Granted, once said youngling got going, suddenly the Golden Dragon had to pick up her pace just to keep up with the fox, even when the gold fox started to drag in the orange fox dragon into games of tag......

............That the Golden Dragon joined in too. And then the Black Dragon of Nohr joined in. And then two other young Silent Dragons she didn't recognize. And then Kaga of all people.

The Golden Dragon felt true joy then, seeing this game just unfold with all of the dragons that chose to join in acting like children, no matter how big they were. She didn't know how long they all played, just that one, she's pretty sure all the illusionary Silent Dragons joined in by the end, and two......

She passed out at some point.

When she awoke, she was back in her Guardian form, in her bed, in her little home back in the village. Was all that......just a dream? The Golden Dragon started to stir in bed before noticing a note on her bedside table; the Guardian chose to simply pick it up and read it before she goes any further on getting up at the moment.

'Hmmmmm, did you enjoy your swim?

It was rather hard to figure out how to give you something that might make you simply happy to be alive, rather than just a shell.

Don't worry about those related to you that you saw; it was simply a dream for all of them, one they shouldn't remember too clearly once they wake up.

But hey, just seeing them again, knowing they were alive and able to dream, should be worth something, right?

...............I know it isn't much, but it's something, all I can do by myself at least.

Anankoses are stronger in numbers, and my fellow fragment here is a little weak at the moment, so I was working by myself for that feat.

.........................All the other Silent Dragons?

Tribe mates I knew a very long time ago. The dragon princes and princesses of other worlds like yours. Children from those worlds.

Again, none of them should remember that dream after they wake up, besides maybe those you actually knew.

....................And Paradox. But you know him, and he wasn't dreaming.

Always wants to make you smile even a little bit.

That was his first time becoming a Silent Dragon by the way.

He did pretty good.

~ Toma Ryu'

The Golden Dragon teared up upon reading that note; the anicent dragon went through all that effort just to see if it would cheer her up? Paradox transformed for the first time just to aid in that effort? She's not sure what she did to deserve it, espiecally with how much time she spends in that fox clearing rather than in the main part of the clan's territory.

.............She still felt tired. And sore. She has a feeling that she did indeed play an hours-long game of swim tag. She can think about this later.......And thus, she slept once more.

................Not even noticing when Paradox came to check on her and got a large smile on his face at the sight of the Golden Dragon at peace for once, with no nightmares. Even if it was likely just due to her being worn out from the game of tag, it felt like a victory to see her sleeping peacefully instead of being plagued with nightmares.

But just to be safe, he left a plush toy of a golden Silent Dragon with her, in hopes that the Golden Dragon of Hoshido that gave him so much hope would protect her as well.

Author's notes: Man, don't you just hate it when you get muse for something and it's for the lore that is hecking sad? Oh mighty Golden Dragon of Hoshido, may you one day find true peace.......

Music listened to: Premonition (Receive), In the Stars, Warmth is Gone, Elise and Sakura's violin and koto duet(because I need something not sad), Lost in the Waves, End of All, Id (Purpose), Id (Sorrow), Id (Serenity)
1 2