Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Shading Practice
I already posted this as part of a sketch dump, but I did more with the thing (aka making it dark, and adding lighting) [img]https://i.imgur.com/1aZKCQB.jpg[/img] I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on dis! (art pinglist) @Arios @septarianflare @ArcaneShadows @Windshear @fluffyfurbal @Gusted @blink182 @LapisDragon17718 @EeveeDream
I already posted this as part of a sketch dump, but I did more with the thing (aka making it dark, and adding lighting)

1aZKCQB.jpg

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on dis!

(art pinglist)

@Arios
@septarianflare
@ArcaneShadows
@Windshear
@fluffyfurbal
@Gusted
@blink182
@LapisDragon17718
@EeveeDream
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
@GenericMemes
That looks AMAZING!
@GenericMemes
That looks AMAZING!
She/her
s3fd0ee.gif
@Sciles301

Thank you so much!
@Sciles301

Thank you so much!
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
@GenericMemes
Wow, that looks so cool!! :o
@GenericMemes
[quote name="EeveeDream" date=2017-11-21 20:21:15] @GenericMemes Wow, that looks so cool!! :o [/quote] :DDDD
EeveeDream wrote on 2017-11-21:
@GenericMemes

:DDDD
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
@genericmemes This looks so cool so far! I like the symmetry in the pose and how her hands circle the light source like that. But one thing I'd recommend is more contrast. Here's a quick paintover I made: [img]https://i.imgur.com/F5pjqj6.jpg[/img] Also: Contrast = interest. I put darker shadows on her face and made the hair lighter around it so that your eye would be drawn to her face. You generally want the most contrast around your focal point, with less contrast in the rest of the picture.
@genericmemes

This looks so cool so far! I like the symmetry in the pose and how her hands circle the light source like that.

But one thing I'd recommend is more contrast. Here's a quick paintover I made:
F5pjqj6.jpg

Also: Contrast = interest. I put darker shadows on her face and made the hair lighter around it so that your eye would be drawn to her face. You generally want the most contrast around your focal point, with less contrast in the rest of the picture.

I can't art
So any advice from me
Don't listen to it
But I can say it's very nice and looks cool
I can't art
So any advice from me
Don't listen to it
But I can say it's very nice and looks cool
Yuck for Maladroid
Mjst3dY.giftumblr_mh8u2lVSY01qd20j8o1_250.gif
@GenericMemes

that's so cool, i love all the shading in that.

wish i could art.
@GenericMemes

that's so cool, i love all the shading in that.

wish i could art.
59971661.png
Wow this is looking great! I absolutely love the mood you have conveyed with your picture.

I do agree with the paint-over that AboveClouds has done, as it shows darker areas around the body that would be obscured by the light. AboveClouds has also put some heavier shading on the boulders which I feel is less flat.

Overall it's a great practice piece of art! I love the detail on the face and hair, made even better with your shading and lighting.
Wow this is looking great! I absolutely love the mood you have conveyed with your picture.

I do agree with the paint-over that AboveClouds has done, as it shows darker areas around the body that would be obscured by the light. AboveClouds has also put some heavier shading on the boulders which I feel is less flat.

Overall it's a great practice piece of art! I love the detail on the face and hair, made even better with your shading and lighting.
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
@AboveClouds

holy cow that's amazing
@AboveClouds

holy cow that's amazing
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her