Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Buzzard Prompts [closed]
1 2
Prompt Promotion
Rules
- Officially Registered Buzzards only, if you are not part of the guild you can not enter.
- Please fill out 'Event' with the current event going on, that will be provided below.
- This is a free form of creativity, you can write a story, a poem, song. You can add a url linked song or pictures (all outside sources must be linked or in url form).
- If you write it, it is yours. Any work you submit here can be used anywhere else if you are the creator. Unless you have specific permission from the writer, you may not steal or other wise use someone else's work!

Do we keep it or eat it?

Animal companions have been a stable of history since the first wild animal accepted a pat on its head. But in this world, a world of hunger and sand, pets are rare. What sort of animal companion would your Buzzard keep? What purpose would it serve you or the Hive?
(flight rising animals only)

----

Please fill out the form to submit a prompt.
Quote:
Username:
Dragon's Name:
Dragon's Link:
Event: Vacation Days June 9th-16th
Submission:

Prompt Promotion
Rules
- Officially Registered Buzzards only, if you are not part of the guild you can not enter.
- Please fill out 'Event' with the current event going on, that will be provided below.
- This is a free form of creativity, you can write a story, a poem, song. You can add a url linked song or pictures (all outside sources must be linked or in url form).
- If you write it, it is yours. Any work you submit here can be used anywhere else if you are the creator. Unless you have specific permission from the writer, you may not steal or other wise use someone else's work!

Do we keep it or eat it?

Animal companions have been a stable of history since the first wild animal accepted a pat on its head. But in this world, a world of hunger and sand, pets are rare. What sort of animal companion would your Buzzard keep? What purpose would it serve you or the Hive?
(flight rising animals only)

----

Please fill out the form to submit a prompt.
Quote:
Username:
Dragon's Name:
Dragon's Link:
Event: Vacation Days June 9th-16th
Submission:

Poker-cards-artistic-1.jpg
Wall of Past Prompts

Wall of Past Prompts

@CrowDazzle [b]Username:[/b] Cngx [b]Dragon's Name:[/b] Citra [b]Dragon's Link:[/b] http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37012386 [b]Event: (Holiday/Festival/Ect?)[/b] Halloween! [b]Submission:[/b] [center][i][color=black][font=Century Gothic]"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord."[/color][/font][/i] [size=2][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azeh1ZbxWwI]In The Air Tonight - In This Moment[/url][/size] Citra's lips curled at the stench of rotting flesh. She was home. The mountains of meaty verdure covered the ground in sprawling heaps. The air was thick and almost undecipherable of single scents. No wonder dragons who want to disappear make this their new home. She fluttered her wings in impatience. Nervousness- she never felt this before. It was different then simple wait ambushes; Citra was actively fighting now. Picking at her scales she made one last glance at the rising sun. [i]It was almost time.[/i] The impress crouched on a steep cliff that overlooked a very humble clan, only about 5 dragons in sight. That was fine with her, the less the better. She was never great a full on attacks despite her nasty temper nor was she stupid. Citra knew she wouldn't stand a chance in a full on fight with a well fortified clan. Her tail twitched- [i]There.[/i] Narrowing her eyes she could make out the guard turning to make another round again. She had been observing the dragons for about a day now, noting every routine-like action. This was her chance. Digging her blackened claws into the ground she flung herself into the air, forcing her wings to remain silent. If one dragon sounded the alarm before she reached the ground then she would be stuck out of the sky. Citra wouldn't- couldn't allow that to happen. Closing in quickly on the dragon she readied her claws and opened her maul in a silent roar. However, guard felt her presence and rotated quickly to face her- [i]It was too late. [/i] She licked her jaws in contempt- still feeling restless. One down, 4 more to go. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36432831&skin=23992&apparel=1751,20836,6705,2504,23022,14887,13080,15749,1094,15692,15725&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center]
@CrowDazzle
Username: Cngx
Dragon's Name: Citra
Dragon's Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37012386
Event: (Holiday/Festival/Ect?) Halloween!
Submission:

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord."

In The Air Tonight - In This Moment

Citra's lips curled at the stench of rotting flesh. She was home. The mountains of meaty verdure covered the ground in sprawling heaps. The air was thick and almost undecipherable of single scents. No wonder dragons who want to disappear make this their new home.

She fluttered her wings in impatience. Nervousness- she never felt this before. It was different then simple wait ambushes; Citra was actively fighting now. Picking at her scales she made one last glance at the rising sun. It was almost time.

The impress crouched on a steep cliff that overlooked a very humble clan, only about 5 dragons in sight. That was fine with her, the less the better. She was never great a full on attacks despite her nasty temper nor was she stupid. Citra knew she wouldn't stand a chance in a full on fight with a well fortified clan. Her tail twitched-

There.

Narrowing her eyes she could make out the guard turning to make another round again. She had been observing the dragons for about a day now, noting every routine-like action. This was her chance. Digging her blackened claws into the ground she flung herself into the air, forcing her wings to remain silent. If one dragon sounded the alarm before she reached the ground then she would be stuck out of the sky. Citra wouldn't- couldn't allow that to happen. Closing in quickly on the dragon she readied her claws and opened her maul in a silent roar. However, guard felt her presence and rotated quickly to face her-

It was too late.

She licked her jaws in contempt- still feeling restless. One down, 4 more to go.

dragon?did=36432831&skin=23992&apparel=1751,20836,6705,2504,23022,14887,13080,15749,1094,15692,15725&xt=dressing.png
[center]@CrowDazzle Username: Rebdomine Dragon's Name: Unnamed/Undecided Dragon's Link: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37012385] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370124/37012385_350.png[/img] [/url] Event: Halloween Submission: He was dressed from head to toe in Stygian, sleek leather, from his steel-toed boots, re-inforced by the help of Gwendolyn's welding skills, his jet black jacket and pants, to his fingerless biker gloves. His slicked back hair wild and windblown, his face was solemn and apathetic, his lips hard and chapped. The growling and murmer of his motorcycle shook a tremor as he rode, and with his soldiers behind him, each on their own whirling, mechanic machine, wheels spinning and steaming, the world trembled behind them. Their machines snarled with fire and brimstone, their inner-bellies heated by coals blazing with heat, red glowing from within like a dragon about to shoot flame. They were a stampede of destruction, a pack of starving vultures and rabid jakals scavenging for their next meal, howling with their monstrous machines. A menacing truck had, attached to it, a steel claw that could grab and rip down buildings or pluck up enemies and crush them to death. Each rider in the army wore their own black leather makeshift uniforms, with modifications from pointed metal boot spikes, dark silver goggles, to cybernetic prosthetics, made from forged scraps. Of royal birth, he was sired by Najid, ruler and soverign protector of the most hostile raiders to ever pillage the Ashfall Waste. His mother, Ramla, was the strongest brawler among the clan, ripping bone and senew from her enemies, decapitating them with her sharpened axe. Raiders were incapable of feeling love; they felt something close, a desire to pass on strong genes while eliminating the weak, a desire to wed for dominance over a land, and sometimes, a desire to steal and rob from others what you desired, and abandon them, but never love. Of Najid and Ramla's alliance was born a son that the world met with immense horror, his title, the Crow Prince, whispered with terror behind closed doors. With a hateful and cruel demenor, he and his men would ransack and pillage without mercy, their monstrous vehicles thundering across the land. He had an army of twenty men, strong-built bruisers who rode alongside of him, carrying out his every command. As they rode. they left a trail of destruction in their wake, creating orphans and beggars out of nobles, and grand desert settlements into starving shantytowns. Respecting his father's wishes and orders for him, he had returned to wreak havok upon his birthplace and claim his right as prince. The Scarred Wasteland was a miserable, inhospitable territory, where the soil boiled with disease and pestilence, famine and plague devouring the land. Skeletons of the fallen littered the wasteland as eerie reminders to trespassers and travelers alike to turn and flee for their lives before it was too late. The Crow Prince was a plagekind, born here in the festering scar of the wasteland. Those born here were savage survivors, turning to war and conflict for entertainment and honor above all, and cannibals, they would consume their own fallen brethren to survive. The lower classes were ruled with force and oppression, dying meaninglessly on the battlefield for the pleasure of the higher-ups. It was a grueling, disgusting, despicable land, where the more willing that you were to kill others, the longer that you would survive yourself, or be it that you were weak and refused, you would be slaughtered. "Make way!" Came a shout, crisp and deep, from the diaphragm, a demand. "And who do you suppose you are?" Returned a voice. Before them, a gate, formed of twisted thorns and clashing metal, stood tall, and between the prickly briers, one would peak a kingdom built atop the dead, suspicious peoples staring daggers into the strangers. "Make way!" The man shouted again, his machine rumbling louder. "I am the reincarnation of your God, the Plaguebringer," spoke their grim leader, his grips on his motorcycle tensing, "Sanction me and my men, and I will protect your village." The ultimatum was serious, and the two guards, strapping in muscle, and each with deadly weapons, stood aside. "Open the gate!" One called, and the thorn-laced, iron-clad doors slowly screeched outwards, allowing access to the town. The machines roared past the gate, the village trembling before their might, following the brick road to the town square. "Be you who you say you are, you must speak to our king," a guard informed the leather-clad motorcyclist, and he shrugged, a coy smile crossing his face as he uttered the words, "Onwards, then." A number of his men started towards him, to which, he turned and said, "Leave me be, I'll go alone." He refused to let the guards, now on either side of him, grab ahold of his arms, but he quite willingly went with them, taken to the castle to where he was brought through an entrance hall. Ahead, he saw a towering throne before him, and there, sitting upon red velvet magesty, was the king in his fine robes and adornments, his crown of bones and garrish necklaces of teeth announcing his nobility and valor. He knelt before the ruler of the village, bowing his head in reverence, an act that appeared all but gracious and genuine, but was, in reality, a mockery of the man himself, and a sarcastic act of playing along. "Is it really... You, Plaguebringer?" The king croaked, his voice old and weary. The imposer had to stifle his cruel laughter, believing this kings' voice to be ridiculous and trifling. "It is," he said, licking his lips, "Need you any proof?" His eyes darkened to a dangerous red, swirling with vicious threat. After a moment, the king said, "No. If you are who you say you are, then I will not heresy a God, and if you will offer my citizens your divine protection, then I am ever in your debt." The response returned to the king was cold and calculated, a voice saying, "With me on your side, you will win every war, your people will have an infinite supply of bread, and while they will be the chosen ones to spread the disease, they will become invincible themselves. Host me and my men, show me your gratitude, and this is my promise to you." The king, greatly humbled by the offer, accepted it readily, responding, "Yes. We will prepare a banquet for tonight, and you and your men will sleep in the finest guestrooms of the castle." "Brilliant." The festivities were wild and fruitful, everyone in the village serving their best meals and delicacies. Fine wine, made from red grapes, was brought out from the cellars, a particularly special alcohol to the plague clans because it represented war and blood. It was served alongside of bread, brewed deep under the waste's ground, amid the rotting soil, cooked to perfection over years. Whole carcasses were smoked and barbequed, served bone-in and all. The bards played forth their best war songs and battle cries, beating the painted drums in a ritualistic rhythm. Red banners and drapes covered the town square, and boquets were made of wild catsup, chrisp-leaf amaranth, and carnival tulips, the flowers of the plague lands. The convivial atmosphere lead to much banter and drinking, amid intoxicated spats, and the man behind the scheme found himself pouring out his red wine as the festivities continued and dropping his wrymwood bread for the birds. There was a clashing and sudden cheering as the king made an appearance, the crowd dispersing around him to give him room. "It is long at last that the Plaguebringer finally returned!" he announced, everyone cheering wildly and turning to the group of armored men. "I propose one last toast for tonight, for the Plaguebringer, and for spreading the disease!" He said, raising a glass into the air. Everyone in the crowd took another large swig of their wine, becoming more drunk by the hour. "And for him, I present a gift of my most reverend gratitude," the king continued, his voice booming and raspy. The false prophet stood before the king and the audience, playing along with the routine, even though his eyes were watching the ruler like a hawk honing in on it's dying prey. "How do we know that you really are the Plaguebringer?" Said a man, stepping up in challenge. "Wasn't the Plaguebringer a woman?" He added, his voice full of suspicion and spite. The antagonist, in his rage and fit to prove that this man was a phony, pulled forth his sword from his sheath, metal clanging against metal. Before he could land even one hit, however, a hand grasped firmly around his throat. He kicked and tried to pry the hand off, his face turning red and then blue. His body went limp and numb, and dropped to the ground as it was released. "See, here!" The king called, "This is the real Plaguebringer." The crowd cheered, clapping loudly to approve of the destruction towards non-believers, entranced by the gore themselves. "Now, now! Hear first, the promises of the Plaguebringer," the king announced, a wrinkly hand nudging the young man on the shoulder. "I am bringing forth a great war that will turn all of Sornieth to my own rotting, festering wasteland," he explained, "If you side with me in this war, I have agreed to make you the hosts of my disease. We will destroy all other lands and infect them with our pestilence. We will be unconquerable, all blood spilled will only cause us to grow stronger, and all those who fight under my name shall have eternal glory and my own protection." The audience broke into applaud and clapping, the crowd hooting and hollering in support of this new reign. They were completely encompassed in the brutality and victory of war and disease, and saw not past his ruse. "And with you offering us this," The king said, "All I can give you is but the hand of my own daughter in marriage." Draped in a red dress was a beautiful young woman who couldn't have been much younger than the impostor himself. She had long, beautiful platinum hair, beautifully styled, her makeup done to perfection, and skin as pale as milk. "She is our village's own princess and matron of war," he explained, "She's a brilliant strategist and fighter, and with her as your wife, you will complete the blood promise with us, so that we can bring forth your war, and be your chosen people." The false God gave a charming smile, taking the woman's hand and giving it a kiss. "I accept," he said, the crowd breaking into hysterical applaud. On that moonless night, after the entire village had been intoxicated and falling down drunk in the square, the army of men returned to their suites to scheme. "We will awake before the first light of morning to raid the village. Slaughter them all, and burn their houses. Steal anything that you want, but all of the treasure goes to Najid," the prince said, giving his orders. He had no concern with what wrath that his men brought down upon the people of the village, only that he gained from it, and that his father may see him worthy of his conquest. Listening in, was a spider upon the wall, the princess of the village, leaned against the cracked door, her ears pointed to listen in upon the plans of the raiders and to formulate her own attack strategy. It was around midnight, that sleeping in his bed, the prince found his eyes jolt open, and before his eyes, a sharpened dagger was ready to plunge into his chest. With reflexes like a cat, his hand sprung forwards, grabbing his assailant by the wrist and, with all of his strength, throwing his attacker down onto the bed. They struggled and fought against one-another for control of the dagger, the pointed, razor-sharp end pointed towards the Prince, and, in the fray, nearly stabbing him many times, but each time, he pressed it back. Grabbing at the holder of the weapon, he let his nails dig into the flesh of the hand, and with a startled gasp, the dagger fell and was easily kicked away and off onto the floor. "Who are you?" The prince demanded, "And why are you-" He froze, realizing that his attacker was not a hired hitman or well-trained assassin, but the princess of whom he was to be wed. "You aren't the Plaguebringer," she spat, "And you will not raid my village." "Oh, really?" He said, this time, allowing the chuckle in his throat to break free. "And who's going to stop me, some pretty little girl?" He bragged, "Good try, but you're going to have to work a lot harder to kill me, sweetheart. Actually..." His eyes lit up, and he added, "You woke me up just in time." He gave a snap, and four of his men walked into the room. "Take care of her," he said, waving her off with his hand, "We've got a village to destroy, and nobody is getting in my way." He stood up, throwing on his jacket, and gave a catlike grin as he exited the doorway, more of his men waiting outside of the room for him. The screams of the victims echoed throughout the wasteland, the clashing of metal weapons haunting the night. The king's crown hit the floor, covered in blood, and was grabbed up by one of the many raiders, thrown on top of the pile of pillaged loot. Houses were ransacked, dresses and cupboards pulled open and their contents, what wasn't looted, scattered across the floors and rooms. Screaming people filled the streets, before their voices were cut short. Was this what his father would have wanted? The Crow Prince had to wonder. The violence and cruelty, would Najid have been able to support it, had he known that innocents were being slaughtered? The village was burned, coals ripped from the bellies of the vehicles and tossed into the houses. "Now, what do I do with you?" He asked, turning to his engaged wife. "I really do like your attitude," he added, "But.. You know, I was promised a princess." His face lit up with immense wickedness, his pointed-tooth grin growing wide. "You aren't a princess. You don't even have a kingdom," he said, his tone dripping with mockingness. Her own face grew white. "How could you!" She yelled, her arms held back by two of his men. "How could I?" He asked back, grinning like a madman. "Let her go!" He demanded. The men removed their hold on her, and as soon as they did, she staggered forwards, ready to assault the prince. "Come back when you have a kingdom, and maybe then I'll marry you," he said. Her fists grew tighter, as did the Prince's grin, and just when she was about to whack him in the face, she stopped. Instead, she pulled him close, and whispered, "I am the matron of war. I don't care where you go, I will remember this, and I'll find you," she said. She released her heavy hold on his jacket, her eyes glaring sharply into his.[/center]
@CrowDazzle
Username: Rebdomine
Dragon's Name: Unnamed/Undecided
Dragon's Link:
37012385_350.png

Event: Halloween
Submission:

He was dressed from head to toe in Stygian, sleek leather, from his steel-toed boots, re-inforced by the help of Gwendolyn's welding skills, his jet black jacket and pants, to his fingerless biker gloves. His slicked back hair wild and windblown, his face was solemn and apathetic, his lips hard and chapped. The growling and murmer of his motorcycle shook a tremor as he rode, and with his soldiers behind him, each on their own whirling, mechanic machine, wheels spinning and steaming, the world trembled behind them. Their machines snarled with fire and brimstone, their inner-bellies heated by coals blazing with heat, red glowing from within like a dragon about to shoot flame. They were a stampede of destruction, a pack of starving vultures and rabid jakals scavenging for their next meal, howling with their monstrous machines. A menacing truck had, attached to it, a steel claw that could grab and rip down buildings or pluck up enemies and crush them to death. Each rider in the army wore their own black leather makeshift uniforms, with modifications from pointed metal boot spikes, dark silver goggles, to cybernetic prosthetics, made from forged scraps.

Of royal birth, he was sired by Najid, ruler and soverign protector of the most hostile raiders to ever pillage the Ashfall Waste. His mother, Ramla, was the strongest brawler among the clan, ripping bone and senew from her enemies, decapitating them with her sharpened axe. Raiders were incapable of feeling love; they felt something close, a desire to pass on strong genes while eliminating the weak, a desire to wed for dominance over a land, and sometimes, a desire to steal and rob from others what you desired, and abandon them, but never love. Of Najid and Ramla's alliance was born a son that the world met with immense horror, his title, the Crow Prince, whispered with terror behind closed doors. With a hateful and cruel demenor, he and his men would ransack and pillage without mercy, their monstrous vehicles thundering across the land. He had an army of twenty men, strong-built bruisers who rode alongside of him, carrying out his every command. As they rode. they left a trail of destruction in their wake, creating orphans and beggars out of nobles, and grand desert settlements into starving shantytowns.

Respecting his father's wishes and orders for him, he had returned to wreak havok upon his birthplace and claim his right as prince. The Scarred Wasteland was a miserable, inhospitable territory, where the soil boiled with disease and pestilence, famine and plague devouring the land. Skeletons of the fallen littered the wasteland as eerie reminders to trespassers and travelers alike to turn and flee for their lives before it was too late. The Crow Prince was a plagekind, born here in the festering scar of the wasteland. Those born here were savage survivors, turning to war and conflict for entertainment and honor above all, and cannibals, they would consume their own fallen brethren to survive. The lower classes were ruled with force and oppression, dying meaninglessly on the battlefield for the pleasure of the higher-ups. It was a grueling, disgusting, despicable land, where the more willing that you were to kill others, the longer that you would survive yourself, or be it that you were weak and refused, you would be slaughtered.

"Make way!" Came a shout, crisp and deep, from the diaphragm, a demand. "And who do you suppose you are?" Returned a voice. Before them, a gate, formed of twisted thorns and clashing metal, stood tall, and between the prickly briers, one would peak a kingdom built atop the dead, suspicious peoples staring daggers into the strangers. "Make way!" The man shouted again, his machine rumbling louder. "I am the reincarnation of your God, the Plaguebringer," spoke their grim leader, his grips on his motorcycle tensing, "Sanction me and my men, and I will protect your village." The ultimatum was serious, and the two guards, strapping in muscle, and each with deadly weapons, stood aside. "Open the gate!" One called, and the thorn-laced, iron-clad doors slowly screeched outwards, allowing access to the town. The machines roared past the gate, the village trembling before their might, following the brick road to the town square.

"Be you who you say you are, you must speak to our king," a guard informed the leather-clad motorcyclist, and he shrugged, a coy smile crossing his face as he uttered the words, "Onwards, then." A number of his men started towards him, to which, he turned and said, "Leave me be, I'll go alone." He refused to let the guards, now on either side of him, grab ahold of his arms, but he quite willingly went with them, taken to the castle to where he was brought through an entrance hall. Ahead, he saw a towering throne before him, and there, sitting upon red velvet magesty, was the king in his fine robes and adornments, his crown of bones and garrish necklaces of teeth announcing his nobility and valor. He knelt before the ruler of the village, bowing his head in reverence, an act that appeared all but gracious and genuine, but was, in reality, a mockery of the man himself, and a sarcastic act of playing along.

"Is it really... You, Plaguebringer?" The king croaked, his voice old and weary. The imposer had to stifle his cruel laughter, believing this kings' voice to be ridiculous and trifling. "It is," he said, licking his lips, "Need you any proof?" His eyes darkened to a dangerous red, swirling with vicious threat. After a moment, the king said, "No. If you are who you say you are, then I will not heresy a God, and if you will offer my citizens your divine protection, then I am ever in your debt." The response returned to the king was cold and calculated, a voice saying, "With me on your side, you will win every war, your people will have an infinite supply of bread, and while they will be the chosen ones to spread the disease, they will become invincible themselves. Host me and my men, show me your gratitude, and this is my promise to you." The king, greatly humbled by the offer, accepted it readily, responding, "Yes. We will prepare a banquet for tonight, and you and your men will sleep in the finest guestrooms of the castle."

"Brilliant."

The festivities were wild and fruitful, everyone in the village serving their best meals and delicacies. Fine wine, made from red grapes, was brought out from the cellars, a particularly special alcohol to the plague clans because it represented war and blood. It was served alongside of bread, brewed deep under the waste's ground, amid the rotting soil, cooked to perfection over years. Whole carcasses were smoked and barbequed, served bone-in and all. The bards played forth their best war songs and battle cries, beating the painted drums in a ritualistic rhythm. Red banners and drapes covered the town square, and boquets were made of wild catsup, chrisp-leaf amaranth, and carnival tulips, the flowers of the plague lands. The convivial atmosphere lead to much banter and drinking, amid intoxicated spats, and the man behind the scheme found himself pouring out his red wine as the festivities continued and dropping his wrymwood bread for the birds.

There was a clashing and sudden cheering as the king made an appearance, the crowd dispersing around him to give him room. "It is long at last that the Plaguebringer finally returned!" he announced, everyone cheering wildly and turning to the group of armored men. "I propose one last toast for tonight, for the Plaguebringer, and for spreading the disease!" He said, raising a glass into the air. Everyone in the crowd took another large swig of their wine, becoming more drunk by the hour. "And for him, I present a gift of my most reverend gratitude," the king continued, his voice booming and raspy. The false prophet stood before the king and the audience, playing along with the routine, even though his eyes were watching the ruler like a hawk honing in on it's dying prey.

"How do we know that you really are the Plaguebringer?" Said a man, stepping up in challenge. "Wasn't the Plaguebringer a woman?" He added, his voice full of suspicion and spite. The antagonist, in his rage and fit to prove that this man was a phony, pulled forth his sword from his sheath, metal clanging against metal. Before he could land even one hit, however, a hand grasped firmly around his throat. He kicked and tried to pry the hand off, his face turning red and then blue. His body went limp and numb, and dropped to the ground as it was released. "See, here!" The king called, "This is the real Plaguebringer." The crowd cheered, clapping loudly to approve of the destruction towards non-believers, entranced by the gore themselves.

"Now, now! Hear first, the promises of the Plaguebringer," the king announced, a wrinkly hand nudging the young man on the shoulder. "I am bringing forth a great war that will turn all of Sornieth to my own rotting, festering wasteland," he explained, "If you side with me in this war, I have agreed to make you the hosts of my disease. We will destroy all other lands and infect them with our pestilence. We will be unconquerable, all blood spilled will only cause us to grow stronger, and all those who fight under my name shall have eternal glory and my own protection." The audience broke into applaud and clapping, the crowd hooting and hollering in support of this new reign. They were completely encompassed in the brutality and victory of war and disease, and saw not past his ruse.

"And with you offering us this," The king said, "All I can give you is but the hand of my own daughter in marriage." Draped in a red dress was a beautiful young woman who couldn't have been much younger than the impostor himself. She had long, beautiful platinum hair, beautifully styled, her makeup done to perfection, and skin as pale as milk. "She is our village's own princess and matron of war," he explained, "She's a brilliant strategist and fighter, and with her as your wife, you will complete the blood promise with us, so that we can bring forth your war, and be your chosen people." The false God gave a charming smile, taking the woman's hand and giving it a kiss. "I accept," he said, the crowd breaking into hysterical applaud.

On that moonless night, after the entire village had been intoxicated and falling down drunk in the square, the army of men returned to their suites to scheme. "We will awake before the first light of morning to raid the village. Slaughter them all, and burn their houses. Steal anything that you want, but all of the treasure goes to Najid," the prince said, giving his orders. He had no concern with what wrath that his men brought down upon the people of the village, only that he gained from it, and that his father may see him worthy of his conquest. Listening in, was a spider upon the wall, the princess of the village, leaned against the cracked door, her ears pointed to listen in upon the plans of the raiders and to formulate her own attack strategy.

It was around midnight, that sleeping in his bed, the prince found his eyes jolt open, and before his eyes, a sharpened dagger was ready to plunge into his chest. With reflexes like a cat, his hand sprung forwards, grabbing his assailant by the wrist and, with all of his strength, throwing his attacker down onto the bed. They struggled and fought against one-another for control of the dagger, the pointed, razor-sharp end pointed towards the Prince, and, in the fray, nearly stabbing him many times, but each time, he pressed it back. Grabbing at the holder of the weapon, he let his nails dig into the flesh of the hand, and with a startled gasp, the dagger fell and was easily kicked away and off onto the floor. "Who are you?" The prince demanded, "And why are you-" He froze, realizing that his attacker was not a hired hitman or well-trained assassin, but the princess of whom he was to be wed.

"You aren't the Plaguebringer," she spat, "And you will not raid my village." "Oh, really?" He said, this time, allowing the chuckle in his throat to break free. "And who's going to stop me, some pretty little girl?" He bragged, "Good try, but you're going to have to work a lot harder to kill me, sweetheart. Actually..." His eyes lit up, and he added, "You woke me up just in time." He gave a snap, and four of his men walked into the room. "Take care of her," he said, waving her off with his hand, "We've got a village to destroy, and nobody is getting in my way." He stood up, throwing on his jacket, and gave a catlike grin as he exited the doorway, more of his men waiting outside of the room for him.

The screams of the victims echoed throughout the wasteland, the clashing of metal weapons haunting the night. The king's crown hit the floor, covered in blood, and was grabbed up by one of the many raiders, thrown on top of the pile of pillaged loot. Houses were ransacked, dresses and cupboards pulled open and their contents, what wasn't looted, scattered across the floors and rooms. Screaming people filled the streets, before their voices were cut short. Was this what his father would have wanted? The Crow Prince had to wonder. The violence and cruelty, would Najid have been able to support it, had he known that innocents were being slaughtered? The village was burned, coals ripped from the bellies of the vehicles and tossed into the houses.

"Now, what do I do with you?" He asked, turning to his engaged wife. "I really do like your attitude," he added, "But.. You know, I was promised a princess." His face lit up with immense wickedness, his pointed-tooth grin growing wide. "You aren't a princess. You don't even have a kingdom," he said, his tone dripping with mockingness. Her own face grew white. "How could you!" She yelled, her arms held back by two of his men. "How could I?" He asked back, grinning like a madman. "Let her go!" He demanded. The men removed their hold on her, and as soon as they did, she staggered forwards, ready to assault the prince. "Come back when you have a kingdom, and maybe then I'll marry you," he said.

Her fists grew tighter, as did the Prince's grin, and just when she was about to whack him in the face, she stopped. Instead, she pulled him close, and whispered, "I am the matron of war. I don't care where you go, I will remember this, and I'll find you," she said. She released her heavy hold on his jacket, her eyes glaring sharply into his.
charizard.gif

writer; graphic designer
my lore shop
@CrowDazzle Hey Im bad At Writing Username: AlpineHell Dragon's Name: Buzzard Dragon's Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21544078 Event: [b]Rockbreaker's Ceremony[/b] Submission: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21544078] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215441/21544078_350.png[/img] [/url] ----- ----- [b]Buzzard and Anniversary[/b] haven't been friends in the Very Long scheme of things. Ever since her fall from her old warparty, Buzzard has been quiet toward the other rellies and it only made Anni uneasy, maybe a little sad. Though her old bones creaked and squeaked in defiance, Anni started taking Buzzard's company in short doses, a slow intro-induction into the life of the night-loving scrapper. The two have become a pair of cobbers ever since. Buzzard isn't by any means old, but she's beat up worse than her old warwagon, and Anni in her old batty wisdom respects that with her whole heart. A terrible whisper fills the air in Anni's ears, "Ann-!" Buzzard's steel chest hisses like water in bad pipes, "Can you help?" fiery as she is, the buzz is never one for asking. Anniversary's eyes darted to her scrapmetal-clad companion, practically choked on a "What's wrong?" "Some scavver took half my hide, Anni! My shoulder gear's locked up with sand now!" Buzzard coughs, gesturing heatedly at her missing underarm and shoulder plates and the whirring metallic gears once protected now struggling to turn from what seems to be exposure to a dust storm. "I want you to find 'em and tag 'em!" Something was amiss. Buzzard had been robbed on rare occasion before, but never made such a request from her friend until now. Anni took a sharp, knowing breath, "What did you take this time! Buzzard, don't even wanna think about what I'm bailing you out of--" "FUEL! I took fuel, okay?" her metallic breathing momentarily became an exhausted sigh, "I went down to the camp we raided and tricked them out of a few containers, but they sent someone even sneakier after me." The two grumbled quietly for a few moments before Anni grabbed her quiver and took wing out of the hideout without further word. Buzzard watched her from the ground, flightless, having hardly an expectation for her friend's return. After a few hours it seemed like she was attempting to wait Buzzard out, but for insurance she got a fire going in the old lady's hideout and went to bed. The night was cool and damp for once, her sleep was sound but her dreams brought her only a frustrated feeling biting at her. She was awakened by the sound of metal tins clanging, and something heavy being tossed at her. Opening her eyes wide in shock, the image of Anni's requisition was laid before her. Her protective plates returned, and to adorn them, a strange looking cured hide sewn crudely with a few stray dragon scales. The older lady gave Buzzard a hard pat on her good shoulder, but neither smiled nor frowned, "We all do what we have to, you mug." Her poor sense of humor washed over her, "I knew it! Anni! Thanks." the half-scrap dragon wheezed out an appreciative laugh, and equipped her friend's gifts. Though they woudn't say it outloud, they both knew that if they are able to, they'd do anything to help the other out. Her old lady is really what keeps Buzzard going in the wastelands. ----- -----
@CrowDazzle Hey Im bad At Writing
Username: AlpineHell
Dragon's Name: Buzzard
Dragon's Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21544078
Event: Rockbreaker's Ceremony
Submission:

21544078_350.png

Buzzard and Anniversary haven't been friends in the Very Long scheme of things. Ever since her fall from her old warparty, Buzzard has been quiet toward the other rellies and it only made Anni uneasy, maybe a little sad. Though her old bones creaked and squeaked in defiance, Anni started taking Buzzard's company in short doses, a slow intro-induction into the life of the night-loving scrapper. The two have become a pair of cobbers ever since.

Buzzard isn't by any means old, but she's beat up worse than her old warwagon, and Anni in her old batty wisdom respects that with her whole heart. A terrible whisper fills the air in Anni's ears,

"Ann-!" Buzzard's steel chest hisses like water in bad pipes, "Can you help?" fiery as she is, the buzz is never one for asking.

Anniversary's eyes darted to her scrapmetal-clad companion, practically choked on a "What's wrong?"

"Some scavver took half my hide, Anni! My shoulder gear's locked up with sand now!" Buzzard coughs, gesturing heatedly at her missing underarm and shoulder plates and the whirring metallic gears once protected now struggling to turn from what seems to be exposure to a dust storm. "I want you to find 'em and tag 'em!"

Something was amiss. Buzzard had been robbed on rare occasion before, but never made such a request from her friend until now. Anni took a sharp, knowing breath, "What did you take this time! Buzzard, don't even wanna think about what I'm bailing you out of--"

"FUEL! I took fuel, okay?" her metallic breathing momentarily became an exhausted sigh, "I went down to the camp we raided and tricked them out of a few containers, but they sent someone even sneakier after me."

The two grumbled quietly for a few moments before Anni grabbed her quiver and took wing out of the hideout without further word. Buzzard watched her from the ground, flightless, having hardly an expectation for her friend's return. After a few hours it seemed like she was attempting to wait Buzzard out, but for insurance she got a fire going in the old lady's hideout and went to bed. The night was cool and damp for once, her sleep was sound but her dreams brought her only a frustrated feeling biting at her.

She was awakened by the sound of metal tins clanging, and something heavy being tossed at her. Opening her eyes wide in shock, the image of Anni's requisition was laid before her. Her protective plates returned, and to adorn them, a strange looking cured hide sewn crudely with a few stray dragon scales. The older lady gave Buzzard a hard pat on her good shoulder, but neither smiled nor frowned,

"We all do what we have to, you mug."

Her poor sense of humor washed over her, "I knew it! Anni! Thanks." the half-scrap dragon wheezed out an appreciative laugh, and equipped her friend's gifts. Though they woudn't say it outloud, they both knew that if they are able to, they'd do anything to help the other out. Her old lady is really what keeps Buzzard going in the wastelands.

UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
@CrowDazzle Username: snappdragon Dragon's Name: Dyssodia Dragon's Link: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34776628] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347767/34776628_350.png[/img] [/url] Event: Rockbreaker's Submission: [i]And in our travels We found our roads You held it like a mirror, showing me the life I chose[/i] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dyssodia wasn't one to make friends all that easily. In the Buzzards she was usually out at night, scavenging and hunting. She enjoyed hunting and would spend most of her time doing just that, burying herself in the sand and waiting, sometimes for hours, until something would scurry along and she would pounce, teeth bared and claws outstretched. She was usually successful and rarely came back empty-handed, but now that she was with the Inquisition and with such civilized dragons, she felt [i]different[/i]. No longer was Dyssodia surrounded by dragons like herself who lived like she did. These dragons lived so much more regally than Dyssodia could even comprehend. The Wildclaw was nestled in one of the corners of the library, watching her tail sweep back and forth across the wooden floors. The feathers reminded her of the Hive, and right now she was yearning for anything that was anything like home. She let out an exaggerated sigh and flipped over to face the open room. A window was opposite of her, overlooking the icy expanses of the Icefields where the Inquisition's castle was nestled. Dyssodia found the cold and ice so boring; she much preferred the sands of the Hive. She really was homesick, wasn't she? Something moved. Dyssodia lifted her head, eyes narrowed as she watched a shadow move along the top of the bookcases. It definitely wasn't a dragon. It looked like some sort of goat? The dragon tilted her head and mumbled some sort of confused noise as the figure approached. It came into the light and Dyssodia could finally get a good look. It was a Chimera, of all things. What was a Chimera doing in a castle that had dragons around every corner? It wasn't any dragon's familiar in the Inquistion; no dragon would dare to keep something so dangerous around with them as a familiar, though this Chimera wasn't as aggressive as some of the others that Dyssodia had the misfortune of running into. Now that she got a better look at it, the Chimera was limping. Its hind leg was twisted and looked like it was possibly broken. Maybe that explained why it wasn't as ferocious as other Chimera? The animal gave a pitiful squeak and approached the Wildclaw, collapsing on her side with a delighted sigh. It was obviously happy to finally be able to rest. Dyssodia was tense for a few seconds. Why the heck was this [i]thing[/i] laying on her? She watched the Chimera with great intent for a few minutes before finally coming to the conclusion that it wasn't going to hurt her, probably. Dyssodia and the Chimera stayed huddled together for several hours, napping and bonding in general. A few days of messing around and playing together made it official that this was her familiar. She was surprised that she had managed to befriend a Chimera, but she was definitely not complaining. The Chimera was pretty sweet and it was a great hunter, perfect for raiding the nests of animals that Dyssodia couldn't reach. This is why Dyssodia considers her familiar her best friend. She provided the Chimiera with food and a place to live while the Chimera provided Dyssodia with some long-desired love and attention. It was like a match made in dragon heaven. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [i]And I know you're out there, in the shadows And I know you're out there In the shadows[/i]
@CrowDazzle
Username: snappdragon
Dragon's Name: Dyssodia
Dragon's Link:

34776628_350.png

Event: Rockbreaker's
Submission:

And in our travels
We found our roads
You held it like a mirror, showing me the life I chose

Dyssodia wasn't one to make friends all that easily. In the Buzzards she was usually out at night, scavenging and hunting. She enjoyed hunting and would spend most of her time doing just that, burying herself in the sand and waiting, sometimes for hours, until something would scurry along and she would pounce, teeth bared and claws outstretched. She was usually successful and rarely came back empty-handed, but now that she was with the Inquisition and with such civilized dragons, she felt different. No longer was Dyssodia surrounded by dragons like herself who lived like she did. These dragons lived so much more regally than Dyssodia could even comprehend.

The Wildclaw was nestled in one of the corners of the library, watching her tail sweep back and forth across the wooden floors. The feathers reminded her of the Hive, and right now she was yearning for anything that was anything like home. She let out an exaggerated sigh and flipped over to face the open room. A window was opposite of her, overlooking the icy expanses of the Icefields where the Inquisition's castle was nestled. Dyssodia found the cold and ice so boring; she much preferred the sands of the Hive. She really was homesick, wasn't she?

Something moved.

Dyssodia lifted her head, eyes narrowed as she watched a shadow move along the top of the bookcases. It definitely wasn't a dragon. It looked like some sort of goat? The dragon tilted her head and mumbled some sort of confused noise as the figure approached. It came into the light and Dyssodia could finally get a good look. It was a Chimera, of all things. What was a Chimera doing in a castle that had dragons around every corner? It wasn't any dragon's familiar in the Inquistion; no dragon would dare to keep something so dangerous around with them as a familiar, though this Chimera wasn't as aggressive as some of the others that Dyssodia had the misfortune of running into. Now that she got a better look at it, the Chimera was limping. Its hind leg was twisted and looked like it was possibly broken. Maybe that explained why it wasn't as ferocious as other Chimera? The animal gave a pitiful squeak and approached the Wildclaw, collapsing on her side with a delighted sigh. It was obviously happy to finally be able to rest. Dyssodia was tense for a few seconds. Why the heck was this thing laying on her? She watched the Chimera with great intent for a few minutes before finally coming to the conclusion that it wasn't going to hurt her, probably.

Dyssodia and the Chimera stayed huddled together for several hours, napping and bonding in general. A few days of messing around and playing together made it official that this was her familiar. She was surprised that she had managed to befriend a Chimera, but she was definitely not complaining. The Chimera was pretty sweet and it was a great hunter, perfect for raiding the nests of animals that Dyssodia couldn't reach. This is why Dyssodia considers her familiar her best friend. She provided the Chimiera with food and a place to live while the Chimera provided Dyssodia with some long-desired love and attention. It was like a match made in dragon heaven.

And I know you're out there, in the shadows
And I know you're out there
In the shadows
tumblr_inline_n7ei59fd7u1rg0g8s.gif
[color=black][b]Username:[/b] Cngx [b]Dragon's Name:[/b] Icarus Dragon's Link: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35470582] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/354706/35470582_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Event: [/b]RockBreaker's Ceremony [b]Submission:[/b] [center] "Are you ready?" "Aye!" Icarus shouted over the scoring winds, feeling the grit thickening between his exposed teeth. His leader- no, [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=57650&tab=dragon&did=34647590]friend[/url][/i] laid flat against his side, practically jogging to keep up with the imperial's larger strides. The winds' currents buffered them, tearing at their clothes and slowing progress in the already knee high dunes, toe high to the imperial, to a crawl. Camp was far off in the distant, under the shelter of a eroded boulder. Icarus could make out forms of their nomadic friends busheling about, likely preparing for the worsening weather. Icarus squinted at the large wall of sand a little far off behind the camp. A sandstorm. One of the worst enemies in the desert; no mercy was shown to even the toughest of survivalist. They were only getting the early baby waves of a greater, more dangerous foe. Icarus grimaced, worried. If they keep at this snail's pace the sandstorm would catch them before the duo could make it to safety. He suppose he could leave Aspida behind.... [b]no.[/b] Icarus shook his head, scattering such horrifying thoughts to the Gods and subconsciously held his wing over his friend. Aspida flashed him a cheeky but grateful smile, this added barrier helping the smaller pearlcatcher gain ground. Aspida trusted him, despite his Buzzard heritage. He depended on him, he looked after him. Since day one he never treated him any more different than the other travelers. Icarus tilted his straw hat, his eyes burning underneath the brim, whether that be because the stubborn fool inside of him or the stinging sand. The storm will not take his only friend. [/color][/center]
Username: Cngx
Dragon's Name: Icarus
Dragon's Link:
35470582_350.png

Event: RockBreaker's Ceremony
Submission:
"Are you ready?"

"Aye!"

Icarus shouted over the scoring winds, feeling the grit thickening between his exposed teeth. His leader- no, friend laid flat against his side, practically jogging to keep up with the imperial's larger strides. The winds' currents buffered them, tearing at their clothes and slowing progress in the already knee high dunes, toe high to the imperial, to a crawl. Camp was far off in the distant, under the shelter of a eroded boulder. Icarus could make out forms of their nomadic friends busheling about, likely preparing for the worsening weather.

Icarus squinted at the large wall of sand a little far off behind the camp. A sandstorm. One of the worst enemies in the desert; no mercy was shown to even the toughest of survivalist. They were only getting the early baby waves of a greater, more dangerous foe. Icarus grimaced, worried. If they keep at this snail's pace the sandstorm would catch them before the duo could make it to safety.

He suppose he could leave Aspida behind.... no. Icarus shook his head, scattering such horrifying thoughts to the Gods and subconsciously held his wing over his friend. Aspida flashed him a cheeky but grateful smile, this added barrier helping the smaller pearlcatcher gain ground.

Aspida trusted him, despite his Buzzard heritage. He depended on him, he looked after him. Since day one he never treated him any more different than the other travelers.

Icarus tilted his straw hat, his eyes burning underneath the brim, whether that be because the stubborn fool inside of him or the stinging sand.

The storm will not take his only friend.
@CrowDazzle Username: ClanHeartsgleam Dragon's Name: Anat Dragon's Link: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35809456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/358095/35809456_350.png[/img] [/url] Event: (Holiday/Festival/Ect?) Rockbreaker's Ceremony Submission: The scrawny buzz watches as great tufts of her own flaxen pelt drift away in the hot, coarse wind. It was fortunate that the claws of her most recent rival had not bitten deep, or else she would've lost more blood that fur that day. Ignoring the metallic taste on her tongue, her gaze now fixed on the newly scarlet sands, she starts to muse. She was constantly driving her fellow scavengers away, by force or words, what did it matter? It was pointless to befriend others in this cursed wasteland. They always wound up backstabbing you anyway-both in the figurative and literal sense. Her hide was a patchwork of sinuous scars that reminded her of the fact daily. Keeping her distance kept her alive, kept her away from the raiders that ruined her and stole her childhood. So why did she feel so...[i]empty?[/i] Some days her very soul felt as vast as the desert. Stark. Devoid of life. With an old engine cough that sputters and scrapes, expelling dust from her parched throat, Anat finally begins her journey back to camp. Her eyes burn an unforgiving gold, mirroring the harsh sun. Merciless and alone as always.
@CrowDazzle

Username: ClanHeartsgleam
Dragon's Name: Anat
Dragon's Link:

35809456_350.png

Event: (Holiday/Festival/Ect?) Rockbreaker's Ceremony
Submission:

The scrawny buzz watches as great tufts of her own flaxen pelt drift away in the hot, coarse wind. It was fortunate that the claws of her most recent rival had not bitten deep, or else she would've lost more blood that fur that day. Ignoring the metallic taste on her tongue, her gaze now fixed on the newly scarlet sands, she starts to muse.

She was constantly driving her fellow scavengers away, by force or words, what did it matter? It was pointless to befriend others in this cursed wasteland. They always wound up backstabbing you anyway-both in the figurative and literal sense. Her hide was a patchwork of sinuous scars that reminded her of the fact daily. Keeping her distance kept her alive, kept her away from the raiders that ruined her and stole her childhood. So why did she feel so...empty? Some days her very soul felt as vast as the desert. Stark. Devoid of life.

With an old engine cough that sputters and scrapes, expelling dust from her parched throat, Anat finally begins her journey back to camp. Her eyes burn an unforgiving gold, mirroring the harsh sun. Merciless and alone as always.
Winner of the Rockbreaker's Ceremony is @AlpineHell !!!
I loved your work with the two and how gritty it was. Your Dragon 'Buzzard' will now be given the title of 'Thumpskink' a button will be PMed to you and feel free to put it on her bio.

@snappdragon @Cngx @ClanHeartsgleam
Thank you all for participating and I hope to see you in the future submit your fabulous work. There were some real runners up and such great writing. Feel free to use your submissions for your dragons as well if you want to, they are after all yours.
Winner of the Rockbreaker's Ceremony is @AlpineHell !!!
I loved your work with the two and how gritty it was. Your Dragon 'Buzzard' will now be given the title of 'Thumpskink' a button will be PMed to you and feel free to put it on her bio.

@snappdragon @Cngx @ClanHeartsgleam
Thank you all for participating and I hope to see you in the future submit your fabulous work. There were some real runners up and such great writing. Feel free to use your submissions for your dragons as well if you want to, they are after all yours.
@CrowDazzle !! Excellent! Thank you!
@CrowDazzle !! Excellent! Thank you!
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
1 2