Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Strange Fortunes - Legacy of War
Hi! This is the lore thread for my ongoing Legacy of War challenge. I'll be making some story-specific changes to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1#post_2044950]original ruleset[/url] to accommodate for lore-related things. [b]These changes are still in progress -- feel free to make suggestions on what I should do in a given situation! Constructive criticism on the story posts is always welcome.[/b] [quote=Adapted Rules] My very first nest produced two eggs. The Twins will be the founders of each lineage. When they are old enough, they will compete in the Coli to see who is strong enough to produce the heirs that will one day rule the clan. The winning "ruling" twin will be the founder of a Legacy of War, and every ten generations the leadership of the clan will pass to the relevant heir. That heir will then become the founder of the next Legacy of War (which means their mate will be a plentiful triple basic), and so on and so forth. The losing twin will become obsessed with a prophecy made by a very strange little fae who foresaw a dragon who would one day take over the clan. This twin will also be the founder of a Legacy of War, but they will purposely drive the choice to produce heirs that are closer and closer to the prophesied dragon. This Legacy of War may take longer than the standard ten generations. When the prophesied dragon is recognized as heir, they take over the clan. To save the clan (and themselves), the next dragon in line for the throne will form a pact with the prophesied dragon and the two will become mates. Their children, however, will begin another Legacy of War. If the dragons are both females or both males (or are otherwise incompatible), they will adopt an abandoned egg (that is, an Unhatched Egg) to continue the line. They will pursue the next prophesied heir through a Legacy of War. This is similar to if the dragons are compatible but produce only one egg. If this is the case, the single hatchling will work toward the next prophesied/ruling dragon. Another hatchling from an Unhatched Egg may start another parallel Legacy of War to find a mate for this prophesied dragon. [b](Note: This is what I'm unsure about -- please let me know if this is confusing or I should try something different!)[/b] If the dragons have more than one hatchling, each sibling will form a different faction. One hatchling will start a Legacy of War in pursuit of the next prophesied dragon, while the others will start Legacies of War to find the ruling heirs of their factions. The prophesied dragon will seek to unify the clan. [b]Also: The prophesied dragon may not necessarily be of the current flight, so when a new prophecy is written, I'll be changing flights accordingly.[/b] [/quote] [quote=Writing Rules] Once in a while, I might take things out of order -- these will always be supplemental, and not main chapters. If these are out of order, I'll let you guys know, and I'll always provide links to the chronology so you guys can see where it fits. I'll try to do a story update once a week. [/quote]
Hi! This is the lore thread for my ongoing Legacy of War challenge. I'll be making some story-specific changes to the original ruleset to accommodate for lore-related things. These changes are still in progress -- feel free to make suggestions on what I should do in a given situation! Constructive criticism on the story posts is always welcome.

Adapted Rules wrote:
My very first nest produced two eggs. The Twins will be the founders of each lineage. When they are old enough, they will compete in the Coli to see who is strong enough to produce the heirs that will one day rule the clan. The winning "ruling" twin will be the founder of a Legacy of War, and every ten generations the leadership of the clan will pass to the relevant heir. That heir will then become the founder of the next Legacy of War (which means their mate will be a plentiful triple basic), and so on and so forth.

The losing twin will become obsessed with a prophecy made by a very strange little fae who foresaw a dragon who would one day take over the clan. This twin will also be the founder of a Legacy of War, but they will purposely drive the choice to produce heirs that are closer and closer to the prophesied dragon. This Legacy of War may take longer than the standard ten generations.

When the prophesied dragon is recognized as heir, they take over the clan. To save the clan (and themselves), the next dragon in line for the throne will form a pact with the prophesied dragon and the two will become mates. Their children, however, will begin another Legacy of War.

If the dragons are both females or both males (or are otherwise incompatible), they will adopt an abandoned egg (that is, an Unhatched Egg) to continue the line. They will pursue the next prophesied heir through a Legacy of War. This is similar to if the dragons are compatible but produce only one egg. If this is the case, the single hatchling will work toward the next prophesied/ruling dragon. Another hatchling from an Unhatched Egg may start another parallel Legacy of War to find a mate for this prophesied dragon. (Note: This is what I'm unsure about -- please let me know if this is confusing or I should try something different!)

If the dragons have more than one hatchling, each sibling will form a different faction. One hatchling will start a Legacy of War in pursuit of the next prophesied dragon, while the others will start Legacies of War to find the ruling heirs of their factions. The prophesied dragon will seek to unify the clan.

Also: The prophesied dragon may not necessarily be of the current flight, so when a new prophecy is written, I'll be changing flights accordingly.

Writing Rules wrote:
Once in a while, I might take things out of order -- these will always be supplemental, and not main chapters. If these are out of order, I'll let you guys know, and I'll always provide links to the chronology so you guys can see where it fits.

I'll try to do a story update once a week.
Chronology

Chapter 1: Twins
Chapter 2: Competition (In Progress)
Chronology

Chapter 2: Competition (In Progress)
The Current Prophecy: [i]"Ire Falls," the little fae said. An image formed in the ball, a tiny dragon overlaid with swirls of red and white. A green coatl with red wings, it looked like, brilliantly plumed and shimmering in the light off the snow. His colorless eyes marked him a child of the Icewarden.[/i] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=18&winggene=8&wings=59&auth=f9e3d9752f2193bde9139751ac3803169380d481&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Ice - Coatl Male - Shamrock Petals - Crimson Facet - Berry Capsule[/center]
The Current Prophecy:

"Ire Falls," the little fae said. An image formed in the ball, a tiny dragon overlaid with swirls of red and white. A green coatl with red wings, it looked like, brilliantly plumed and shimmering in the light off the snow. His colorless eyes marked him a child of the Icewarden.
dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=18&winggene=8&wings=59&auth=f9e3d9752f2193bde9139751ac3803169380d481&dummyext=prev.png

Ice - Coatl Male - Shamrock Petals - Crimson Facet - Berry Capsule
Current Cast:

Coming soon!
Current Cast:

Coming soon!
Former Cast:

Coming Soon!
Former Cast:

Coming Soon!
Previous Prophecies:

Nothing here yet!
Previous Prophecies:

Nothing here yet!
[center][size=7]Chapter 1: Twins[/size][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/6/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] The twins were born in a cozy little nest watched over by their parents, while a blizzard raged outside. All the fury of the Icewarden, Arrow joked, but neither of them laughed, glad they hadn't been caught outside. Their new little visitor was to thank for that. Her prophecy had brought Arrow home early. The two eggs started moving, squeaking, cracking. The air around them became suddenly cold. Arrow stepped back to give them space, while Kira fluttered between them, her frills moving rapidly. The first hatchling to emerge was the color of the ice around them, his little green wings still wet and cold. His parents set about drying him off, while all the while he squeaked in outraged hunger. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=6&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=38&auth=badb8ed96f4222725c685633c654104716ce71b1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The second hatchling was shadow and sunlight. "An echo of her mother," Arrow whispered, nuzzling his mate. "And her father," Kira said. "Look at those bright wings." [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=129&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=6&gender=1&tert=111&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=42&auth=6086be7c388ab397cc4680a5dbbb141c89ba2310&dummyext=prev.png[/img] "Our little Echo," Arrow whispered, when the twins were sound asleep. They lay nested against their father's fur, curled around each other as if the fire wasn't enough to keep them warm. Kira perched on his shoulder. She brushed her son's floppy frills off his face. "And this one -- such a large crest for one so small." As if he heard her, his frills twitched, falling once more over his face. She sighed before brushing it back and snuggling closer to her mate. "Crest and Echo," Arrow mused. He nuzzled Kira, and settled down to bed.
2healthy_0dead.png

The twins were born in a cozy little nest watched over by their parents, while a blizzard raged outside. All the fury of the Icewarden, Arrow joked, but neither of them laughed, glad they hadn't been caught outside. Their new little visitor was to thank for that. Her prophecy had brought Arrow home early.

The two eggs started moving, squeaking, cracking. The air around them became suddenly cold. Arrow stepped back to give them space, while Kira fluttered between them, her frills moving rapidly.

The first hatchling to emerge was the color of the ice around them, his little green wings still wet and cold. His parents set about drying him off, while all the while he squeaked in outraged hunger.

dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=6&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=38&auth=badb8ed96f4222725c685633c654104716ce71b1&dummyext=prev.png

The second hatchling was shadow and sunlight. "An echo of her mother," Arrow whispered, nuzzling his mate.

"And her father," Kira said. "Look at those bright wings."

dragon?age=0&body=129&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=6&gender=1&tert=111&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=42&auth=6086be7c388ab397cc4680a5dbbb141c89ba2310&dummyext=prev.png

"Our little Echo," Arrow whispered, when the twins were sound asleep. They lay nested against their father's fur, curled around each other as if the fire wasn't enough to keep them warm.

Kira perched on his shoulder. She brushed her son's floppy frills off his face. "And this one -- such a large crest for one so small." As if he heard her, his frills twitched, falling once more over his face. She sighed before brushing it back and snuggling closer to her mate.

"Crest and Echo," Arrow mused. He nuzzled Kira, and settled down to bed.
Can I be added to a pinglist?
Can I be added to a pinglist?
wIa7Sm8.png3ypBj6a.jpgcE39hI3.png