Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28
@JoyLayne [indent]emerald green christmas trees keeping their colors yearly-- you are red, unfailingly, like a rose pressed dry between pages of a dictionary, next to the entry that just reads, “abundance: noun, a very large quantity of-- the quantity or amount of-- a bid by which a player takes nine or more tricks.” it takes faith like yours to keep up with these card games, mage, enough faith to make up for the untrustworthiness of the rest of you. you are gold, alchemised, not true. you are white, bleached, hiding old stains. you are red, unfalteringly, never fading, like a pressed poppy, like fields and fields of daylilies.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] sorry for your confusion about "Type 2"! the "combination of words/stories/names/colors/moods" means things that are associated with the dragon, not necessarily things ABOUT them. like, are there any myths that kind of remind you of your dragon? are there any words that come to mind when you think of her? what moods do you associate her with? etc. ----- hope you like it!
@JoyLayne
emerald green christmas trees
keeping their colors yearly--
you
are red, unfailingly, like a rose
pressed dry between pages of
a dictionary, next to the entry
that just reads,
“abundance: noun,
a very large quantity of--
the quantity or amount of--
a bid by which a player takes
nine or more tricks.”
it takes faith like yours to
keep up with these card games,
mage, enough faith to make up
for the untrustworthiness
of the rest of you.
you are gold, alchemised,
not true. you are white, bleached,
hiding old stains.
you are red, unfalteringly,
never fading, like a pressed
poppy, like fields
and fields
of daylilies.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
sorry for your confusion about "Type 2"! the "combination of words/stories/names/colors/moods" means things that are associated with the dragon, not necessarily things ABOUT them. like, are there any myths that kind of remind you of your dragon? are there any words that come to mind when you think of her? what moods do you associate her with? etc.
hope you like it!
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@alienjack

Wow that is so perfect for Amaria. Thank you so so much.
And also thank you for the Helps of what was confusing. Many Thanks.
@alienjack

Wow that is so perfect for Amaria. Thank you so so much.
And also thank you for the Helps of what was confusing. Many Thanks.
@alienjack
aaaahhhhhh this is beautfil :0
if its alright with you, may I put this in her bio? I'll credit you ofc c:
@alienjack
aaaahhhhhh this is beautfil :0
if its alright with you, may I put this in her bio? I'll credit you ofc c:
xN6nsb3.png
” we all have one foot in a fairytale
and the other in the abyss “

@JoyLayne i'm so glad you like it!!

@Luciferr yeah, sure thing! :D
@JoyLayne i'm so glad you like it!!

@Luciferr yeah, sure thing! :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack, thank you so much! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36383663] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363837/36383663_350.png[/img] [/url] name: golden what it means: coloured or shining like gold some of golden's favourite things, stories, aesthetics, etc.: he's a lighthearted fellow and deeply cares for his clanmates. golden wants everyone to feel welcome and to be happy. he's very kind and will sometimes go out of his way to make someone else a gift. he loves things in the golden/yellow to light green range—bonus if they're sparkly or shiny. some of golden's favourite possessions are the apparel that he wears and a beautifully bound journal that he writes in.
@alienjack, thank you so much!

36383663_350.png

name: golden
what it means: coloured or shining like gold
some of golden's favourite things, stories, aesthetics, etc.: he's a lighthearted fellow and deeply cares for his clanmates. golden wants everyone to feel welcome and to be happy. he's very kind and will sometimes go out of his way to make someone else a gift. he loves things in the golden/yellow to light green range—bonus if they're sparkly or shiny. some of golden's favourite possessions are the apparel that he wears and a beautifully bound journal that he writes in.
AZOFNjv.png
@Oceanspray [indent]even fool’s gold, pyrite, glitters in sunlight, metallic and beautiful and worth second glances. it’s all worth the same when your heart is made of sunbeams and stardust and helium, bright and beautiful and light and breezy like summer starting at the end of may. there are some people who want to watch the world burn; there is you, who wants to dance around a bonfire, combustion as beauty rather than destruction. photosynthesize joy, sugary sweet words tucked into notebooks. flowers must grow from decay. take the darkness and make beautiful, glittering things, the alchemy of iron into gold.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] hope you like it!! it's always fun writing for kind, sunshiny characters :D
@Oceanspray
even fool’s gold, pyrite, glitters in sunlight,
metallic and beautiful and worth second glances.
it’s all worth the same when your heart
is made of sunbeams and stardust and helium,
bright and beautiful and light and breezy
like summer starting at the end of may. there
are some people who want to watch
the world burn; there is you, who wants to dance
around a bonfire, combustion as beauty
rather than destruction. photosynthesize joy,
sugary sweet words tucked into notebooks.
flowers must grow from decay.
take the darkness and make beautiful,
glittering things, the alchemy of iron into gold.
hope you like it!! it's always fun writing for kind, sunshiny characters :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack these are beautiful!! could i get one for my light girl? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=208964&tab=dragon&did=23143246][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=23143246&skin=11209&apparel=935,3698,2316,23301,23289,3685,12269,15137,20850,1750,11218,3634,3631,3632,20851,20855,23126,21824,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] name: aurelia what it means: a feminine given name from the latin family name aurelius, which was derived from aureus meaning "golden" some of your dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc: aurelia is very mysterious. she collects old scrolls and dusty relics, and most would describe her as scholarly. she's adopted the clan as her charge and would stop at nothing to defend it. here's a few pictures that describe her aesthetic a bit for inspiration! [url=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5d/8f/ba/5d8fba21088f1b213d1af238d8c69d7e.jpg]x[/url], [url=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWD3y-DWsAAjenr.jpg]x[/url], [url=https://data.whicdn.com/images/258899139/superthumb.jpg]x[/url]
@alienjack these are beautiful!! could i get one for my light girl?

dragon?did=23143246&skin=11209&apparel=935,3698,2316,23301,23289,3685,12269,15137,20850,1750,11218,3634,3631,3632,20851,20855,23126,21824,1094&xt=dressing.png

name: aurelia
what it means: a feminine given name from the latin family name aurelius, which was derived from aureus meaning "golden"
some of your dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc: aurelia is very mysterious. she collects old scrolls and dusty relics, and most would describe her as scholarly. she's adopted the clan as her charge and would stop at nothing to defend it. here's a few pictures that describe her aesthetic a bit for inspiration! x, x, x
accent shop
wishlist
zhoq7JF.png
@alienjack
it's perfect! thank you once again <3
@alienjack
it's perfect! thank you once again <3
AZOFNjv.png
@Cutielaurenie [s]shows up 2 days late to the party[/s] ----- [b]poem 1[/b] [indent]are you collecting the old counts of how they slaughtered your son and his power-hungry heart, twenty three knives to the torso, the killing blow delivered by a beloved friend? or are those the scrolls that you wish dust would settle over forever, relics and reliefs of everything you see behind your closed eyelids. a politician’s mother must be all the more clever; her son will not be going into battle to die with honor but rather with deceit. give her a laurel wreath, the irony of the goddess nike standing golden over the tomb of your son: emperor, caesar. mother of summer, of boiling july, are you not the sun? are you not the constellations freckling burnt pale skin? are you not the fiercest and brightest of warriors, quietly, without warning?[/indent] ----- [b]poem 2[/b] [indent]solar eclipses happen once every handful of years or centuries, mathematically predictable. the only way to really notice is by being in the path of obstruction. you-- are a solar eclipse, darkness made golden, the way dust settles and shimmers on ancient relics and old artwork. maybe you are from athens, your genetics twisted with the code of empires rising and falling. knowledge, common sense, both are like the barest grains of gold amongst sand. you are plated with armor made from the sun, without any favors from apollo or helios-- it is all your own.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] aurelia is the name of julius caesar’s mother, fun fact! so when i was writing the first one i was like “this feels like less of a poem for your character and more of an ode to aurelia cotta” so i wrote another one that is still…..heavily inspired but what can ya do hahahaha hope you like them!! feel free to put in her bio, as long as you credit somewhere~ thanks!!
@Cutielaurenie shows up 2 days late to the party

poem 1
are you collecting the old counts of how
they slaughtered your son and his power-hungry heart,
twenty three knives to the torso,
the killing blow delivered by a beloved friend?
or are those the scrolls that you wish
dust would settle over forever, relics and reliefs of
everything you see behind your closed eyelids.
a politician’s mother
must be all the more clever; her son will not
be going into battle to die with honor
but rather with deceit. give her a laurel wreath,
the irony of the goddess nike standing
golden over the tomb of your son: emperor,
caesar. mother of summer, of boiling july,
are you not the sun? are you not the constellations
freckling burnt pale skin? are you not
the fiercest and brightest of warriors, quietly,
without warning?

poem 2
solar eclipses happen once every
handful of years or centuries, mathematically
predictable. the only way to really notice
is by being in the path of obstruction.
you-- are a solar eclipse, darkness made golden,
the way dust settles and shimmers
on ancient relics and old artwork. maybe
you are from athens, your genetics
twisted with the code of empires rising and
falling. knowledge, common sense, both are like
the barest grains of gold amongst sand.
you are plated with armor made from the sun,
without any favors from apollo or helios--
it is all your own.
aurelia is the name of julius caesar’s mother, fun fact! so when i was writing the first one i was like “this feels like less of a poem for your character and more of an ode to aurelia cotta” so i wrote another one that is still…..heavily inspired but what can ya do hahahaha
hope you like them!! feel free to put in her bio, as long as you credit somewhere~ thanks!!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
what's up!! it's nanowrimo time and i need to wriiiiiiiite :$
what's up!! it's nanowrimo time and i need to wriiiiiiiite :$
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?