Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28
@alienjack Could you write something on him? c: He doesn't have a fully developed lore yet but his bio will have everything you need. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30375316] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303754/30375316_350.png[/img] [/url]
@alienjack
Could you write something on him? c: He doesn't have a fully developed lore yet but his bio will have everything you need.

30375316_350.png
@Hebi (this is for aphrodite) ----- [indent]what words could apollo inspire that could possibly encapture the lady aphrodite? just reflections of her best qualities, light and airy-- bubble gum pink giggles echoing through enchanted castle halls as girls in glittering dresses compliment each other’s sparkling eyes, colorful lips, perfect images as they descend upon the ballroom; poets at losses of words, knights in tuxes staring wide-eyed at the beauties clad in bright swaths that swish with each twirl; the lightheaded feeling of standing on the edge of a diving board, of falling and knowing that it won’t hurt when you hit the water. this is the aphrodite who did not want icarus to fall; this is the aphrodite who wanted hyacinthus to live; this is the aphrodite who has found a happier ending than what she got. [/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] hi, friend! glad to see you here :D i hope you like this piece! i am always super happy to get mythologically-inspired dragons in this thread~
@Hebi (this is for aphrodite)
what words could apollo inspire
that could possibly encapture the lady aphrodite?
just reflections of her best qualities,
light and airy-- bubble gum pink giggles
echoing through enchanted castle halls
as girls in glittering dresses compliment each other’s
sparkling eyes, colorful lips, perfect images
as they descend upon the ballroom;
poets at losses of words, knights in tuxes
staring wide-eyed at the beauties
clad in bright swaths that swish with each twirl;
the lightheaded feeling of
standing on the edge of a diving board,
of falling and knowing that it won’t hurt
when you hit the water.
this is the aphrodite who did not want
icarus to fall; this is the aphrodite
who wanted hyacinthus to live;
this is the aphrodite
who has found a happier ending
than what she got.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
hi, friend! glad to see you here :D i hope you like this piece! i am always super happy to get mythologically-inspired dragons in this thread~
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@Hebi aaand here’s Venus! ----- [indent]the poet does not change names as rome adopts greece; love, however, finds herself entrenched in passion, the burn under skin as veins are set ablaze; this is wanderlust. this is the bottom of the ocean: heavy, encompassing. this is the tug of the riptide, the undertow, dragging victims helplessly out to sea to make sailors of the bravest survivors. this is not glittering love-- this is love from diamond mines, from taking years of pressure and turning beautiful; this is not glitter, this is reflection and refraction and self- preservation, but never selfish. (well, sometimes.) never greedy. (well, sometimes.) never too much, too quick, too fast-- well, sometimes.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i tried to tie this in with aphrodite’s poem-- hope it worked well, and hope you like it!! these were suuuuuuper fun to write :D
@Hebi aaand here’s Venus!
the poet does not change names
as rome adopts greece; love, however,
finds herself entrenched in passion,
the burn under skin as veins are set ablaze;
this is wanderlust. this is the bottom
of the ocean: heavy, encompassing.
this is the tug of the riptide, the undertow,
dragging victims helplessly out to sea
to make sailors of the bravest
survivors. this is not glittering love--
this is love from diamond mines,
from taking years of pressure and turning
beautiful; this is not glitter, this
is reflection and refraction and self-
preservation, but never selfish.
(well, sometimes.)
never greedy. (well, sometimes.) never
too much, too quick, too fast--
well, sometimes.
i tried to tie this in with aphrodite’s poem-- hope it worked well, and hope you like it!! these were suuuuuuper fun to write :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack oh my gosh I love them both! I'm glad you had fun writing for my girls! I usually have my two clan heads for offer for lore and what not, but why not give the lovebirds a chance too eh? :D I adore the mythological callbacks in them too!!1 I used to name my dragons after mythological gods and goddesses, still kinda do actually :> Ty so much again!
@alienjack oh my gosh I love them both! I'm glad you had fun writing for my girls! I usually have my two clan heads for offer for lore and what not, but why not give the lovebirds a chance too eh? :D I adore the mythological callbacks in them too!!1 I used to name my dragons after mythological gods and goddesses, still kinda do actually :> Ty so much again!
QuvsZIR.gifeLnOQha.gifmVtcW7A.png
@nemodave [indent]hypnos threads his fingers, skeletal, slender, through your blond hair. with his other hand, he presses down on your eyelids. [i]relax.[/i] iv. there’s nothing but gusts of wind --it’s a tornado, spinning, lifting you into its embrace, tugging at your clothes, your skin-- ii. the grass under your feet grows up your ankles until it swallows your legs up to your knees-- you just want to run, you just want to be free-- vii. sunlight filters through the leaves of your oak tree, dappling your skin until you could be mistaken for a fawn. it’s like you could just fall asleep forever-- [i]wait--[/i] v. you’re missing something. what is it that you’re missing? iii. you’re running so fast that the wind on your face makes you almost forget that this is probably just a dream-- vi. the waves are climbing, rising-- there’s a tsunami coming, cresting high on the horizon--[i] run--[/i] you can’t run-- i. it’s always the same tree. [i]wake up, tage,[/i] they say. but hypnos doesn’t go down so easily.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] uhhh this got waaaaaayyy longer than i anticipated, but. i love it? so? and it’s super cool that you have a website for your OCs :o that’s so… convenient? anyway, hope you like it!! the roman numerals are mixed up on purpose, in case that isn't clear :$ kinda foggy like how dreams never have times/dates, y'know? i hope it worked? haha
@nemodave
hypnos threads his fingers,
skeletal, slender, through your blond
hair. with his other hand, he presses
down on your eyelids. relax.

iv. there’s nothing but gusts of wind
--it’s a tornado, spinning, lifting
you into its embrace, tugging at your
clothes, your skin--

ii. the grass under your feet grows
up your ankles until it swallows your
legs up to your knees-- you just want
to run, you just want to be free--

vii. sunlight filters through the leaves
of your oak tree, dappling your skin
until you could be mistaken for a fawn.
it’s like you could just fall asleep
forever-- wait--

v. you’re missing something.
what is it that you’re missing?

iii. you’re running so fast
that the wind on your face makes you
almost forget that this is probably
just a dream--

vi. the waves are climbing, rising--
there’s a tsunami coming, cresting
high on the horizon-- run-- you can’t run--

i. it’s always
the same
tree.

wake up, tage, they say.
but hypnos doesn’t go down
so easily.
uhhh this got waaaaaayyy longer than i anticipated, but. i love it? so?
and it’s super cool that you have a website for your OCs :o that’s so… convenient?
anyway, hope you like it!! the roman numerals are mixed up on purpose, in case that isn't clear :$ kinda foggy like how dreams never have times/dates, y'know? i hope it worked? haha
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@Hebi thank you so much! that makes me so happy :D
@Hebi thank you so much! that makes me so happy :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@Gwynivere [indent]fireflies blink patterns of constellations like glow-in-the-dark stars stuck to your bedroom ceiling. sometimes, home is not where we expect it to be. sometimes you know that you just have to leave. light a candle at your own vigil, your own funeral, then take to the sky on trembling wings. it’s okay: you can still visit if need be. but the future is not certain (you never liked tellers of fortune anyway.) so stick to your runes and what your dusty old books tell you, words in dead languages speaking easier than the tongues around you. maybe you’re just too stuck in the past-- after all, most stars are already gone by the time the light reaches your skies. there’s nothing wrong with never burning bridges, but keep the matches in your pocket just in case.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] okay when i read his bio my brain went, “what if u just copy/paste the lyrics of owl city’s ‘fireflies’ as a joke” and i was like…….. I Should Not Do that ahahahaha (but the thought was there) i hope you like it!! he’s such an interesting character, and i love your gene ideas in the bottom of his bio! (i personally prefer the giraffe/bee/glimmer combo, but man, genes are expensive! the tiger/seraph/runes look good too tho)
@Gwynivere
fireflies blink patterns of constellations
like glow-in-the-dark stars stuck to your
bedroom ceiling. sometimes,
home is not where we expect it to be.
sometimes you know that you just have
to leave. light a candle at your own vigil,
your own funeral, then take to the sky
on trembling wings. it’s okay: you can
still visit if need be. but the future is not
certain (you never liked tellers of fortune
anyway.) so stick to your runes and
what your dusty old books tell you, words
in dead languages speaking easier
than the tongues around you. maybe
you’re just too stuck in the past-- after all,
most stars are already gone by the time
the light reaches your skies. there’s
nothing wrong with never burning bridges,
but keep the matches in your pocket
just in case.
okay when i read his bio my brain went, “what if u just copy/paste the lyrics of owl city’s ‘fireflies’ as a joke” and i was like…….. I Should Not Do that ahahahaha (but the thought was there)
i hope you like it!! he’s such an interesting character, and i love your gene ideas in the bottom of his bio! (i personally prefer the giraffe/bee/glimmer combo, but man, genes are expensive! the tiger/seraph/runes look good too tho)
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack Ayyy I'm back again! But I kinda want a Clan Lore, I don't exactly know what it is though XD
@alienjack Ayyy I'm back again! But I kinda want a Clan Lore, I don't exactly know what it is though XD
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
@NickyJade156 oh? that sounds like it might be fun, although was the poem i wrote for your profile not lore? i guess i'm confused what you mean, haha
@NickyJade156 oh? that sounds like it might be fun, although was the poem i wrote for your profile not lore? i guess i'm confused what you mean, haha
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack Oh alright, I'm a bit confused on what Clan Lore is
@alienjack Oh alright, I'm a bit confused on what Clan Lore is
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28