Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [TCC] Dessert Winners Announced!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Tyeth @catgame21234 @AuraBurn Thread is open now!
@Tyeth @catgame21234 @AuraBurn Thread is open now!
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
I'm looking forward to what you guys can crank out. And i'm envious those prize packs are delicious @miirshroom

…pun half intended.
I'm looking forward to what you guys can crank out. And i'm envious those prize packs are delicious @miirshroom

…pun half intended.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
Not only can I not think up a Rube Goldberg machine, I can't draw.

Good luck, everyone!
Not only can I not think up a Rube Goldberg machine, I can't draw.

Good luck, everyone!
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
@Hanakoto
the only thing is stopping you is yourself.
If you can find a program that draws straight lines and or boxes then you can deffently join in. Though detail drawing helps. So long as we are able to tell what is what it would make a great submission.

If you can write, you can draw. I encorage anyone whom can think of an idea power through and try at the very least.

here are some sorces to help out anyone whom might want to enter but don't know how too.

http://sketchtoy.com/
https://pixlr.com/editor/
https://sketch.io/sketchpad/

@Hanakoto
the only thing is stopping you is yourself.
If you can find a program that draws straight lines and or boxes then you can deffently join in. Though detail drawing helps. So long as we are able to tell what is what it would make a great submission.

If you can write, you can draw. I encorage anyone whom can think of an idea power through and try at the very least.

here are some sorces to help out anyone whom might want to enter but don't know how too.

http://sketchtoy.com/
https://pixlr.com/editor/
https://sketch.io/sketchpad/

ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
Username: Yeehaw I.D.: 325733 Machine Name: The Plaguester's Breakfast Machine Image: [img]http://i.imgur.com/eNlGjsm.png[/img] Dessert being assembled: A traditional Plague toast that can be eaten anywhere at anytime. [img]http://i.imgur.com/LQvVjkZ.png[/img] Action and Reaction sequence: 1. The large stone's weight will eventually cause the string to give way and it will fall. 2. The stone will fall onto the maggots which will allow their protein-rich guts to be squished onto the toast, creating a spread similar to jelly or jam. 3. Trusting that the creator is a sane being, they will have the insatiable notion that something must be added to make this dessert a bit more bearable. Their instincts may lead to the addition from above of a delicious berry! List any FR items referenced: Winter's Delight and Maggot This meal is a classical part of Plague culture and tradition, symbolizing the constant struggle between life and death - a staple in the lives of Plague dragons. (I'm truly sorry if I disgusted you with this but I felt that I needed to contribute 'cause my friend pinged me to this! I also wanted to add something Plague-themed, which I suppose is always going to be vulgar in some way. I'll do better next challenge! ¯\_(?)_/¯ )
Username: Yeehaw
I.D.: 325733
Machine Name: The Plaguester's Breakfast Machine
Image: eNlGjsm.png
Dessert being assembled: A traditional Plague toast that can be eaten anywhere at anytime. LQvVjkZ.png
Action and Reaction sequence:
1. The large stone's weight will eventually cause the string to give way and it will fall.
2. The stone will fall onto the maggots which will allow their protein-rich guts to be squished onto the toast, creating a spread similar to jelly or jam.
3. Trusting that the creator is a sane being, they will have the insatiable notion that something must be added to make this dessert a bit more bearable. Their instincts may lead to the addition from above of a delicious berry!
List any FR items referenced: Winter's Delight and Maggot

This meal is a classical part of Plague culture and tradition, symbolizing the constant struggle between life and death - a staple in the lives of Plague dragons.

(I'm truly sorry if I disgusted you with this but I felt that I needed to contribute 'cause my friend pinged me to this! I also wanted to add something Plague-themed, which I suppose is always going to be vulgar in some way. I'll do better next challenge! ¯\_(?)_/¯ )
@Yeehaw Thanks for the entry :)

Remember, you can edit any time you like if you have an idea for adding more steps or otherwise improving your machine!
@Yeehaw Thanks for the entry :)

Remember, you can edit any time you like if you have an idea for adding more steps or otherwise improving your machine!
TBH I can't really draw but I like to participate in festivals so here you go. Username: Cheshly I.D.: 322302 Machine Name: The Sprinkler 5000 Image: [img]http://i.imgur.com/1OD6jTB.png[/img] Dessert being assembled: It adds sprinkles to your ice cream. Action and Reaction sequence: [LIST=1] [*] Someone drops anything round (like a Dragon Coral) down an already assembled Sanded Cedar Plank that has been attached to the wall at an angle, so that it rolls down the ramp. [*] The round object falls into a Vial of River Muck pushing it down. [*] The action of the vial being pushed down, allows the Jar of Slime to raise up and hit the ramp with the smaller round object on it (like a Reefsnail Egg). [*] The ramp lifts up and the smaller round object rolls down the ramp. [*] The smaller round object falls into the first spoon (which is attached to a Copper Gear that is attached to the wall) and pushes it down. [*] The first spoon falling causes the second spoon to rise up since it is lighter. This spoon then hits a bucket of sprinkles. [*] The bucket of sprinkles tips over just to the point that the sprinkles will fall off the table, but the jar does not. [*] The sprinkles then fall into the ice cream, and it is now ready to be served. [/LIST] List any FR items referenced: [item=Dragon Coral] [item=Reefsnail Egg] [item=Sanded Cedar Plank] [item=Vial of River Muck] [item=Jar of Slime] [item=Copper Gear]
TBH I can't really draw but I like to participate in festivals so here you go.

Username: Cheshly
I.D.: 322302
Machine Name: The Sprinkler 5000
Image:
1OD6jTB.png
Dessert being assembled: It adds sprinkles to your ice cream.
  1. Someone drops anything round (like a Dragon Coral) down an already assembled Sanded Cedar Plank that has been attached to the wall at an angle, so that it rolls down the ramp.
  2. The round object falls into a Vial of River Muck pushing it down.
  3. The action of the vial being pushed down, allows the Jar of Slime to raise up and hit the ramp with the smaller round object on it (like a Reefsnail Egg).
  4. The ramp lifts up and the smaller round object rolls down the ramp.
  5. The smaller round object falls into the first spoon (which is attached to a Copper Gear that is attached to the wall) and pushes it down.
  6. The first spoon falling causes the second spoon to rise up since it is lighter. This spoon then hits a bucket of sprinkles.
  7. The bucket of sprinkles tips over just to the point that the sprinkles will fall off the table, but the jar does not.
  8. The sprinkles then fall into the ice cream, and it is now ready to be served.

List any FR items referenced:
Dragon Coral Reefsnail Egg Sanded Cedar Plank Vial of River Muck Jar of Slime Copper Gear

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[quote] Username: GrandNagus I.D.:227798 Machine Name: Plantain Processor 4000 (Mk2) Image: [img]https://s19.postimg.org/cnknps0r7/TCC.png[/img] Dessert being assembled: Charred Plantain bites Action and Reaction sequence: [LIST=1] [*]A plantain is dropped onto platform, which tips (like a see-saw), sliding the fruit onto a conveyor belt. The tipping action presses a button causing the laser to begin heating up (step 3). It also causes a small trapdoor to open, releasing a bouncy ball (step 2). [*]The plantain travels along the conveyor belt, and the bouncy ball released in the previous step bounces up and down on a springy platform attached to sharp blades (vengeful claws). This chops the fruit up into bite sized pieces. (The ball rolls off the platform once it stops bouncing). [*]The fruit is dropped onto a metal plate which is held up by partly inflated heat-resistant balloons. It's weight compresses the balloons, and moves the platform down. A button is pressed that activates the laser, and the fruit are nicely charred. The platform is also heated up by the laser and this heat is transferred to the balloons. The gas inside them expands and lifts the platform (the button is no longer being pressed so the laser turns off). The balloon to the right contains a different gas that expands more, so the platform is tilted and the plantains slide off into a chute. [*]The cooked pieces travel through a one way valve down the chute and fall into a dish that fits perfectly into the chute. [*]The weight of the fruit causes the dish to fall, and the difference in air pressure dispenses flavourful sauce onto the plantain. The dish falls into a serving window, ready for a hatchling to collect. [/LIST] List any FR items referenced: [item=plantain] [item=chrome laser head][item=vengeful claws] [/quote] That's my entry for now :D I wasn't really sure on how to break down the steps since some of them are triggered by previous steps, and others technically contain a few actions. I can go back and change it/ add more steps in if it's too confusing.
Quote:
Username: GrandNagus
I.D.:227798
Machine Name: Plantain Processor 4000 (Mk2)
Image:
TCC.png
Dessert being assembled: Charred Plantain bites
  1. A plantain is dropped onto platform, which tips (like a see-saw), sliding the fruit onto a conveyor belt. The tipping action presses a button causing the laser to begin heating up (step 3). It also causes a small trapdoor to open, releasing a bouncy ball (step 2).
  2. The plantain travels along the conveyor belt, and the bouncy ball released in the previous step bounces up and down on a springy platform attached to sharp blades (vengeful claws). This chops the fruit up into bite sized pieces. (The ball rolls off the platform once it stops bouncing).
  3. The fruit is dropped onto a metal plate which is held up by partly inflated heat-resistant balloons. It's weight compresses the balloons, and moves the platform down. A button is pressed that activates the laser, and the fruit are nicely charred. The platform is also heated up by the laser and this heat is transferred to the balloons. The gas inside them expands and lifts the platform (the button is no longer being pressed so the laser turns off). The balloon to the right contains a different gas that expands more, so the platform is tilted and the plantains slide off into a chute.
  4. The cooked pieces travel through a one way valve down the chute and fall into a dish that fits perfectly into the chute.
  5. The weight of the fruit causes the dish to fall, and the difference in air pressure dispenses flavourful sauce onto the plantain. The dish falls into a serving window, ready for a hatchling to collect.
List any FR items referenced: Plantain Chrome Laser Head Vengeful Claws

That's my entry for now :D I wasn't really sure on how to break down the steps since some of them are triggered by previous steps, and others technically contain a few actions. I can go back and change it/ add more steps in if it's too confusing.

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
Entry list is updated!

@Cheshly The more participation, the better! It's fun to see what people design :)

@GrandNagus Step 3 probably could be split into 2 steps (button push turning on laser & laser heating balloon gasses), but you do meet the minimum number of overall steps already so it's up to you whether you want to make any changes!
Entry list is updated!

@Cheshly The more participation, the better! It's fun to see what people design :)

@GrandNagus Step 3 probably could be split into 2 steps (button push turning on laser & laser heating balloon gasses), but you do meet the minimum number of overall steps already so it's up to you whether you want to make any changes!
@Miirshroom
Question: Can the machine be made of anything? Like, a physical painting/drawing, an actual built machine...?

Just wondering. :3

(Oh, and love your username!)
@Miirshroom
Question: Can the machine be made of anything? Like, a physical painting/drawing, an actual built machine...?

Just wondering. :3

(Oh, and love your username!)
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8