Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Elements: Flight Themes
1 2
Today, June 3, is my third FR anniversary! and to celebrate, I'll be sharing this project that I've been working on since this time three years ago! Click the image below to enjoy! [center][url=https://projectskysong.bandcamp.com/album/the-elements][img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/58bc/f/2017/154/6/8/the_elements2_cut_by_soenkan-dbbe3pd.png[/img][/url][/center] In these songs I tried to capture the essence of each of the eleven flights, their lore, and their personalities. Here's a rundown of each and a little bit about them. Stonesong The most recently rewritten of the project. A+ balance imo. Ashsong The last of the eleven to be written and the one that gave me the most trouble... Skysong The first song to be written specifically for this project and I believe the longest. The inspiration for this whole mess. The only song in the project in a major key. Seasong Another that gave me much hassle, but once it started moving it quickly became one of my favorites. Nightsong An old melody that was technically written before the project began. It's come a long way since then. Stormsong Loud, but then toned down a little... then toned down a lot. May tone back up in the future. Snowsong The second of three pieces written before the project began. The only song in the project not in 4/4 time. Daysong Underwent a total overhaul half way through. Has a full set of lyrics. Strong contender for overall favorite. Lifesong Among the first to be written for the project. has changed the least from then to now. Deathsong The oldest of the eleven, the melody for this was perhaps the first decent piece of music I ever created. Starsong Undeniably the most time consuming. In an endless struggle with Daysong for the 'favorite' position.
Today, June 3, is my third FR anniversary! and to celebrate, I'll be sharing this project that I've been working on since this time three years ago! Click the image below to enjoy!

the_elements2_cut_by_soenkan-dbbe3pd.png

In these songs I tried to capture the essence of each of the eleven flights, their lore, and their personalities. Here's a rundown of each and a little bit about them.

Stonesong
The most recently rewritten of the project. A+ balance imo.

Ashsong
The last of the eleven to be written and the one that gave me the most trouble...

Skysong
The first song to be written specifically for this project and I believe the longest.
The inspiration for this whole mess. The only song in the project in a major key.

Seasong
Another that gave me much hassle, but once it started moving it quickly became one of my favorites.

Nightsong
An old melody that was technically written before the project began. It's come a long way since then.

Stormsong
Loud, but then toned down a little... then toned down a lot. May tone back up in the future.

Snowsong
The second of three pieces written before the project began. The only song in the project not in 4/4 time.

Daysong
Underwent a total overhaul half way through. Has a full set of lyrics. Strong contender for overall favorite.

Lifesong
Among the first to be written for the project. has changed the least from then to now.

Deathsong
The oldest of the eleven, the melody for this was perhaps the first decent piece of music I ever created.

Starsong
Undeniably the most time consuming. In an endless struggle with Daysong for the 'favorite' position.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
PINGLIST

@incendavery @DarkDragonfly @Akrasa @Aphelium @M00nKnight @ClockworkEclipse @Emmahaa @PheonixPonder @treesponge @SkullLotus @Panderz

She's here everyone!
PINGLIST

@incendavery @DarkDragonfly @Akrasa @Aphelium @M00nKnight @ClockworkEclipse @Emmahaa @PheonixPonder @treesponge @SkullLotus @Panderz

She's here everyone!
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
HECK YEAH THIS IS AMAZING!!
HECK YEAH THIS IS AMAZING!!
Pyrouge | Butch Lesbian | They/She | +1 FR
Rivensong_Clan_Banner_Small.png
@Llanai
I love this! When Nightsong and Stormsong played, I could tell right away which flight they were made for, and also, Starsong took a place among my favorites - though honestly, it's really hard to pick which I like the most. They're all awesome pieces, and you have caught the mood of the flights very well; the lightness and freshness in Skysong, the underwater, peaceful oceanic feel in Seasong, heat and underlying danger in Ashsong, mischief in the dead of the night in Nightsong... I could go on and on and on about how much I loved these and what sort visuals I got in my head while listening, but I'll spare you from my blabberings. X)

Thank you for this awesome music, I hope to hear even more in the future!
@Llanai
I love this! When Nightsong and Stormsong played, I could tell right away which flight they were made for, and also, Starsong took a place among my favorites - though honestly, it's really hard to pick which I like the most. They're all awesome pieces, and you have caught the mood of the flights very well; the lightness and freshness in Skysong, the underwater, peaceful oceanic feel in Seasong, heat and underlying danger in Ashsong, mischief in the dead of the night in Nightsong... I could go on and on and on about how much I loved these and what sort visuals I got in my head while listening, but I'll spare you from my blabberings. X)

Thank you for this awesome music, I hope to hear even more in the future!
M8bsogX.png vqxncQ.jpg
Oh wow! I'm only on Ashong, but this is gorgeous already. Definitely worth the time you put into this, it's amazing!
Oh wow! I'm only on Ashong, but this is gorgeous already. Definitely worth the time you put into this, it's amazing!
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
@Akrasa @TheHeroicOne

Heck. Thank you both! I'm happy for any feelings or criticisms you have and you'll be happy to know that there is a bit more laying around.... possible bonus tracks in the future...
@Akrasa @TheHeroicOne

Heck. Thank you both! I'm happy for any feelings or criticisms you have and you'll be happy to know that there is a bit more laying around.... possible bonus tracks in the future...
@Llanai
Yaaaaaaay!!!!
i love it!!!!!!
cant pick a fav there all to good! (tis a shame...)
@Llanai
Yaaaaaaay!!!!
i love it!!!!!!
cant pick a fav there all to good! (tis a shame...)
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
This is amazing!!! I'll definitely be leaving more detailed thoughts after I've given it another couple listens through :> Huge applause for all the work that must have gone into this!!!!
This is amazing!!! I'll definitely be leaving more detailed thoughts after I've given it another couple listens through :> Huge applause for all the work that must have gone into this!!!!
tumblr_oqcvng3u3g1vu82qko1_500.png
@SkullLotus

Thanks! I won't make you pick a favorite, I have trouble with that too.

@incendavery

Thank you thank you! I look forward to hearing what you have to say!
@SkullLotus

Thanks! I won't make you pick a favorite, I have trouble with that too.

@incendavery

Thank you thank you! I look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Giving the thread a boost to announce 600 plays! Thanks guys!

So far Nightsong is the crowd favorite, beating the next song in line by 15 playthroughs!
Giving the thread a boost to announce 600 plays! Thanks guys!

So far Nightsong is the crowd favorite, beating the next song in line by 15 playthroughs!
1 2