Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writer's Place [Banners!]
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Prompt: Flood (note: actually one of my existing drabbles but I felt like it fit)

In a facility buried deep in a mountain, three men talked about the apocalypse. Not any traditional apocalypse, like disease, solar flare, worldwide war, or even zombies, but one involving a coincidence that would wipe out most of humanity.

Three men sat around a table. "Do you remember that ley line intersection predicted to happen next week?" one asked. The other two nodded.

"It seems like that'll release a burst of water energy that'll flood the world." He continued.

"Oh." one of them said, as if they had just said that the coffee machine would be down all week and there would be no coffee for said week, instead of what boiled down to 'By the way, the apocalypse will be next week and most of humanity will die.'

"Did you put out a warning?"

"Yes. Most magically linked peoples should get it."

"And those who aren't?"

"Who would believe us? We're not official in the eyes of Mundus."

"True. We'll just have to hope."

"We'll survive, at least."

"Let's get some coffee, shall we?"

And the three men walked off as if they had been talking about sales rather than the death of almost every human they knew.
Prompt: Flood (note: actually one of my existing drabbles but I felt like it fit)

In a facility buried deep in a mountain, three men talked about the apocalypse. Not any traditional apocalypse, like disease, solar flare, worldwide war, or even zombies, but one involving a coincidence that would wipe out most of humanity.

Three men sat around a table. "Do you remember that ley line intersection predicted to happen next week?" one asked. The other two nodded.

"It seems like that'll release a burst of water energy that'll flood the world." He continued.

"Oh." one of them said, as if they had just said that the coffee machine would be down all week and there would be no coffee for said week, instead of what boiled down to 'By the way, the apocalypse will be next week and most of humanity will die.'

"Did you put out a warning?"

"Yes. Most magically linked peoples should get it."

"And those who aren't?"

"Who would believe us? We're not official in the eyes of Mundus."

"True. We'll just have to hope."

"We'll survive, at least."

"Let's get some coffee, shall we?"

And the three men walked off as if they had been talking about sales rather than the death of almost every human they knew.
7VDC5Vc.png
Another one for the Sornieth spell book! Thank you for the prompt.

Shade-Flood Summon

The earth has dug its fluid fingers
through its caverns, broad and dim,
to drown the dark. But darkness lingers,
pooling shadows at the rim
of eyeless shores and sunken seas
and crystals ground to razor-sand.
I call these up, to twist and squeeze
through ancient channels; drown this land.

Lore snippet: A destructive spell that calls up groundwater to create a temporary “flash flood.” Calling up so much water from deep underground would normally tax a mage past the point of death, leaving a withered husk and incomplete spell. This one calls on a second source of power as a sort of workaround, greatly easing the burden. This second source doesn’t come free! Flooded areas are altered—Beastclan instinctively avoid them, and plants and animals will become more aggressive and show signs of being Shade-touched. The mage, too, can expect a long recuperative time plagued by nightmares.
Another one for the Sornieth spell book! Thank you for the prompt.

Shade-Flood Summon

The earth has dug its fluid fingers
through its caverns, broad and dim,
to drown the dark. But darkness lingers,
pooling shadows at the rim
of eyeless shores and sunken seas
and crystals ground to razor-sand.
I call these up, to twist and squeeze
through ancient channels; drown this land.

Lore snippet: A destructive spell that calls up groundwater to create a temporary “flash flood.” Calling up so much water from deep underground would normally tax a mage past the point of death, leaving a withered husk and incomplete spell. This one calls on a second source of power as a sort of workaround, greatly easing the burden. This second source doesn’t come free! Flooded areas are altered—Beastclan instinctively avoid them, and plants and animals will become more aggressive and show signs of being Shade-touched. The mage, too, can expect a long recuperative time plagued by nightmares.
cL9yafY.gif
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rvVvpVY7vYo3qJ72JXYpOIL-k7tIqup6889_8_qxnzY/edit?usp=sharing
Link for the flood prompt! Wanted to write a short life lesson-ish story ^u^
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rvVvpVY7vYo3qJ72JXYpOIL-k7tIqup6889_8_qxnzY/edit?usp=sharing
Link for the flood prompt! Wanted to write a short life lesson-ish story ^u^
Remember I love you
@Pastelpinkboi

Yea! Would you like to be added to all the prompt's pinglists or just some?

@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy @Transcendencyy @FantasyMyth

Hey I remembered today! Mostly because someone said something on the Discord! :D

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is Ritual
@Pastelpinkboi

Yea! Would you like to be added to all the prompt's pinglists or just some?

@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy @Transcendencyy @FantasyMyth

Hey I remembered today! Mostly because someone said something on the Discord! :D

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is Ritual
Ritual

The hooded followers joined hands, a circle glowing softly with an arcane air at their feet. Their mouths open, eyes close perhaps, and they start to hum.
The sea of voices begins softly, fluctuating, uncertain at first. It rose, slowly in confidence, slowly in substance, until the floodgates hinged on bursting with song. The mass of scrambling limbs opened its watery yellow eyes, looking around in fear. The hooded ones smiled.

"Welcome."
Ritual

The hooded followers joined hands, a circle glowing softly with an arcane air at their feet. Their mouths open, eyes close perhaps, and they start to hum.
The sea of voices begins softly, fluctuating, uncertain at first. It rose, slowly in confidence, slowly in substance, until the floodgates hinged on bursting with song. The mass of scrambling limbs opened its watery yellow eyes, looking around in fear. The hooded ones smiled.

"Welcome."
@ToonKuriboh

All pinglists please! (General, I guess?)
@ToonKuriboh

All pinglists please! (General, I guess?)
@ToonKuriboh
May I please be added to the Single-Word Prompt and Picture Prompt pinglists?
@ToonKuriboh
May I please be added to the Single-Word Prompt and Picture Prompt pinglists?
0gldo0m.png
@ToonKuriboh

All please!
@ToonKuriboh

All please!
Remember I love you
This isn't a response to a prompt, I just wanted to put this here for storage of some sort. sorry if it's against regulations, i'll delete it right away if i need to

Silent Reminiscence

"It's alright, c'mon, get back up!"
"we'll try again," you say.
With your wispy voice, floating away
on the wind of yesterday.

perhaps it was fate
those memories we made
the fateful day we met,
and your wispy voice
humming a lullaby,
somewhere in the sky.

like waves in the ocean
you left an impression
that all the time in the world can't erase,
and your wispy voice, floating away

This isn't a response to a prompt, I just wanted to put this here for storage of some sort. sorry if it's against regulations, i'll delete it right away if i need to

Silent Reminiscence

"It's alright, c'mon, get back up!"
"we'll try again," you say.
With your wispy voice, floating away

perhaps it was fate
those memories we made
the fateful day we met,
and your wispy voice
humming a lullaby,
somewhere in the sky.

like waves in the ocean
you left an impression
that all the time in the world can't erase,
and your wispy voice, floating away

@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy @Transcendencyy @FantasyMyth @HuskyLove @Toxical @Pastelpinkboi

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is metal
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy @Transcendencyy @FantasyMyth @HuskyLove @Toxical @Pastelpinkboi

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is metal
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53