Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writer's Place [Banners!]
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 52 53
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @lilMama, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru

Hey all, @/FloatingInSpace is doing a RoR writing competition. It's pretty cool, you should check it out if you have time.

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is Simplify
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @lilMama, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru

Hey all, @/FloatingInSpace is doing a RoR writing competition. It's pretty cool, you should check it out if you have time.

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is Simplify
Complexity. It's everywhere and they've tried to unravel it for many years, for as long as they can remember. To simplify everything, to show only the core features, to reveal the mechanics of everything.

And now they have finally done it. They have buried themselves in centuries of research and mountains of experiments and tests. And now they have finally done it. The core of everything, the mechanics, the gears that make everything, they have been decreased to the possible minimum.

So what now? Now that everything is simplified, now that everything can be understood by everyone at any time? Now that the core has been lifted from the shroud of mystery at which it has resided since the birth of everything. Was that really worth it? To reduce everything, to simplify, to strip away everything that is not needed for the function of everything.

All that's left is the bare steel carcass. The wind howls frighteningly when it hits the steel. Does this really sound like the world that once was known? Is this the sound that everyone so eagerly desired? The shrieks of the wind when it hits the metal carcass. This is the core that's within everything.

The core that was so carefully disguised by the world. By the world which created everything around. To hide its true nature, to hide the bareness. It created something around itself and this something was everything else. And they tossed it away because they wanted to see the truth. But they could never see the truth. No one could see the truth. And even with this steel carcass remaining the world and everything has a final secret.

How does it look in reality.
Complexity. It's everywhere and they've tried to unravel it for many years, for as long as they can remember. To simplify everything, to show only the core features, to reveal the mechanics of everything.

And now they have finally done it. They have buried themselves in centuries of research and mountains of experiments and tests. And now they have finally done it. The core of everything, the mechanics, the gears that make everything, they have been decreased to the possible minimum.

So what now? Now that everything is simplified, now that everything can be understood by everyone at any time? Now that the core has been lifted from the shroud of mystery at which it has resided since the birth of everything. Was that really worth it? To reduce everything, to simplify, to strip away everything that is not needed for the function of everything.

All that's left is the bare steel carcass. The wind howls frighteningly when it hits the steel. Does this really sound like the world that once was known? Is this the sound that everyone so eagerly desired? The shrieks of the wind when it hits the metal carcass. This is the core that's within everything.

The core that was so carefully disguised by the world. By the world which created everything around. To hide its true nature, to hide the bareness. It created something around itself and this something was everything else. And they tossed it away because they wanted to see the truth. But they could never see the truth. No one could see the truth. And even with this steel carcass remaining the world and everything has a final secret.

How does it look in reality.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
(Hello hello, and thank you so so much for creating this place! I love to write, but I've fallen dreadfully out of practice lately, so this seems like a great help in regaining my inspiration. Plus, everyone here is so talented aaa~
@ToonKuriboh If I could be added to the pinglist for the activities, that would be great! For now, take some 3am poetry.)

Would you like me to simplify it for you?
To chunk together this swirling miasma of idea and sound into a feast
More digestible for the feeble mind,
Slicing away at the food of my thoughts to form
A portion-controlled, gluten-free diet serving of a lesser purpose
Tasteless delicacies for your greater understanding.
The way I feel and think, an infinite string looping into woven tapestries
Unwound and unbound by your need to break, break, break it down,
Emotions too full-formed and multi-faceted to ever be flaked away
Needs and wants and desires, not blandly, blatantly basic enough for your particular palette.
The memories and experiences and good-bad-bittersweets,
The woes and the worries and the well-meaning ways that form me,
Shape me, mold me like clay into the person I was and the person I've become,
All the thoughts and ideas I conceive chasing wild dreams like fingertip butterflies in blustery June.
And yet you want me to simplify it for you.
My humanity is too confounding, my aspirations too bold
For you to ever possibly cling to the coat tails of my rampant inspiration,
To ever wrap and wind your elementary mind around concepts more grand,
Like daring daydreams and the thought that maybe my feelings matter too.
Intricate folds and stitches of silver-tongued sorrow and satire,
A soothsayer's smile as I predict, for myself and no one else,
That I can take the perplexing 500-piece puzzle of me
And solve the whole schematic,
See the full picture for what it really is;

If you can't, that's too bad. I won't simplify it for you.
Because there's nothing I'd rather be than complicated.
(Hello hello, and thank you so so much for creating this place! I love to write, but I've fallen dreadfully out of practice lately, so this seems like a great help in regaining my inspiration. Plus, everyone here is so talented aaa~
@ToonKuriboh If I could be added to the pinglist for the activities, that would be great! For now, take some 3am poetry.)

To chunk together this swirling miasma of idea and sound into a feast
More digestible for the feeble mind,
Slicing away at the food of my thoughts to form
A portion-controlled, gluten-free diet serving of a lesser purpose
Tasteless delicacies for your greater understanding.
The way I feel and think, an infinite string looping into woven tapestries
Unwound and unbound by your need to break, break, break it down,
Emotions too full-formed and multi-faceted to ever be flaked away
Needs and wants and desires, not blandly, blatantly basic enough for your particular palette.
The memories and experiences and good-bad-bittersweets,
The woes and the worries and the well-meaning ways that form me,
Shape me, mold me like clay into the person I was and the person I've become,
All the thoughts and ideas I conceive chasing wild dreams like fingertip butterflies in blustery June.
And yet you want me to simplify it for you.
My humanity is too confounding, my aspirations too bold
For you to ever possibly cling to the coat tails of my rampant inspiration,
To ever wrap and wind your elementary mind around concepts more grand,
Like daring daydreams and the thought that maybe my feelings matter too.
Intricate folds and stitches of silver-tongued sorrow and satire,
A soothsayer's smile as I predict, for myself and no one else,
That I can take the perplexing 500-piece puzzle of me
And solve the whole schematic,
See the full picture for what it really is;

If you can't, that's too bad. I won't simplify it for you.
Because there's nothing I'd rather be than complicated.
@toonkuriboh
Pinglist please? Sounds like fun
@toonkuriboh
Pinglist please? Sounds like fun
8_by_tehutiy-d85sai6.pngtumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gifdGaUzUm.png
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @lilMama, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy

I'm really sorry I haven't done this in a long time. I got sick, and it really threw me off schedule. Note: I also won't be doing this for tomorrow because of Halloween, and I might not do it November 1st because that's my birthday and I'll probably get busy.

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is respect
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @lilMama, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy

I'm really sorry I haven't done this in a long time. I got sick, and it really threw me off schedule. Note: I also won't be doing this for tomorrow because of Halloween, and I might not do it November 1st because that's my birthday and I'll probably get busy.

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is respect
@toonkuriboh could you please take me off of the Ping list? Thank you :-) I don't have much time to write these anymore, I know I never posted them but I have journals full of them LOL
@toonkuriboh could you please take me off of the Ping list? Thank you :-) I don't have much time to write these anymore, I know I never posted them but I have journals full of them LOL
tiny_flying_bit_dragon_by_t3ragram-d8wrsv2.gif
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is honor
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon, @doodledraw, @lalalanmao, @NightRising, @ClockworkEclipse, @Oranitha, @WillowtheWisp, @Warriorgirl1234, @KiTea, @UniverseStar, @owlisholive, @Sillywinter, @TwilightDreams, @bcrush, @mightybeast, @Heyman @DragonWolfie @Alphadragon @toadmonkey @quilliper @Impception @SoullessARMY @Kuusouka @LilacBunni29 @Azurenight @Foreverkinght @DragonMaiden @Ramirez33 @PoisonNightshade @LaAstaria @Melova @Raeoki @JasperQuartz @Artificiary @ShadowSwirl @JadeJewels @rainings @NoxUmbra25 @Meddlesomedragon @LapisDragon17718 @Saraceaser @Vespheree @basicblack1986 @Jupiteru @AzulineDream @Tehutiy

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is honor

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is smile

Single-word prompt

Today's prompt is smile
Honor:
She paced around the empty, dark room, ignoring the creatures huddled in the corners. She muttered to herself quietly, one hand on a holster, the other on a sheath. Her voice filled with what-ifs and whys, and eventually, she collapsed on the only piece of furniture in the room. She began to pronounce something, but her voice broke. She put her head in her hands, took a breath, and spoke.

At first it was only to herself. "I was a demon hunter- one of the best in the land. They said I had salt in my skin and cold iron in my breath. They said I could slay demons with a touch, and that unholy presences fleed from me."

She laughed quietly. "They said I was honorable, that I would stop to save the most unimportant child just as I would chase after the mightiest demon. They said I never lied, never faltered, and always chose good."

The woman looked up at the things huddled in the corners, then. "Won't you take mercy on a poor, unfortunate soul? I've been cast out, you know, just for letting one of your kind possess me. You felt their loss. But the people didn't. There's no such thing as honor any more."

One of the creatures huddling in the corner haltingly drifted forward, and what little light there was in the room was cast upon razor-sharp horns and scaly skin. It spoke in a voice that invoked the smell of fire to fill the room. "I will deal with you. I will give you power and survival. I will make you be the hunter, not the hunted. In exchange, I take your honor and your morals. You will be that fearless demon hunter, but you will walk a path of shadow."

She nodded. "I accept."

An air of finality swept through the room at those words, and the light caught upon a razor sharp grin, black as night. "Shake my hand." The demon extended a hand, and one by one, its talons began to glow.

She took the hand, and the light began to arc through her, before bouncing out of her heart and landing in the demon's hand. "Good. You will serve well." Then he leapt away from her and vanished into smoke. She looked down at her hand and thought of what honor she had. Then she brushed off the lingering smoke on her skin, turned, and left the dark room.
Honor:
She paced around the empty, dark room, ignoring the creatures huddled in the corners. She muttered to herself quietly, one hand on a holster, the other on a sheath. Her voice filled with what-ifs and whys, and eventually, she collapsed on the only piece of furniture in the room. She began to pronounce something, but her voice broke. She put her head in her hands, took a breath, and spoke.

At first it was only to herself. "I was a demon hunter- one of the best in the land. They said I had salt in my skin and cold iron in my breath. They said I could slay demons with a touch, and that unholy presences fleed from me."

She laughed quietly. "They said I was honorable, that I would stop to save the most unimportant child just as I would chase after the mightiest demon. They said I never lied, never faltered, and always chose good."

The woman looked up at the things huddled in the corners, then. "Won't you take mercy on a poor, unfortunate soul? I've been cast out, you know, just for letting one of your kind possess me. You felt their loss. But the people didn't. There's no such thing as honor any more."

One of the creatures huddling in the corner haltingly drifted forward, and what little light there was in the room was cast upon razor-sharp horns and scaly skin. It spoke in a voice that invoked the smell of fire to fill the room. "I will deal with you. I will give you power and survival. I will make you be the hunter, not the hunted. In exchange, I take your honor and your morals. You will be that fearless demon hunter, but you will walk a path of shadow."

She nodded. "I accept."

An air of finality swept through the room at those words, and the light caught upon a razor sharp grin, black as night. "Shake my hand." The demon extended a hand, and one by one, its talons began to glow.

She took the hand, and the light began to arc through her, before bouncing out of her heart and landing in the demon's hand. "Good. You will serve well." Then he leapt away from her and vanished into smoke. She looked down at her hand and thought of what honor she had. Then she brushed off the lingering smoke on her skin, turned, and left the dark room.
7VDC5Vc.png
Smile all you can. Smile whenever you can. Keep on to that smile for as long as you can and whenever you can. Smile for as long as it takes, but don't let it turn on you. Don't let that valley of paradise turn in to a mountain climb to paradise.

But after every valley there's a mountain. And after every mountain there's a valley.

Stay in the valley. Stay there at the lowest point and don't dare to climb a mountain. Stay there and smile for as long as it takes. The mountain climb to a paradise is much more harder than you think. The valley is where you can stay and rest. Rest and smile. Smile for as long as it takes.

But what's beyond that mountain?

You already are in a paradise. Why do you want to climb to a paradise when you can relax right here in a valley of paradise. Stay here in the valley. Don't work yourself up and don't wonder what's beyond the mountain. At every mountain there's a smile that turned on you.

But beyond that? After every valley there's a mountain. After every mountain there's a valley. What's beyond it? What's at the top of it?

Why won't you stay in this valley of paradise? Why would you climb up to a paradise if you're already here? Why would you want to make your life harder? You can stay here and relax. Stay here and smile for a while. Smile longer. Smile for as long as you can.

But I want to see what's beyond the valley. I want to see form the top. And I want to see the next valley.
Smile all you can. Smile whenever you can. Keep on to that smile for as long as you can and whenever you can. Smile for as long as it takes, but don't let it turn on you. Don't let that valley of paradise turn in to a mountain climb to paradise.

But after every valley there's a mountain. And after every mountain there's a valley.

Stay in the valley. Stay there at the lowest point and don't dare to climb a mountain. Stay there and smile for as long as it takes. The mountain climb to a paradise is much more harder than you think. The valley is where you can stay and rest. Rest and smile. Smile for as long as it takes.

But what's beyond that mountain?

You already are in a paradise. Why do you want to climb to a paradise when you can relax right here in a valley of paradise. Stay here in the valley. Don't work yourself up and don't wonder what's beyond the mountain. At every mountain there's a smile that turned on you.

But beyond that? After every valley there's a mountain. After every mountain there's a valley. What's beyond it? What's at the top of it?

Why won't you stay in this valley of paradise? Why would you climb up to a paradise if you're already here? Why would you want to make your life harder? You can stay here and relax. Stay here and smile for a while. Smile longer. Smile for as long as you can.

But I want to see what's beyond the valley. I want to see form the top. And I want to see the next valley.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 52 53