Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Shifting Sunlight
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28 29
@zzzhorses @Petall @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind Hey everyone! Just letting you all know that the pinkerlocke is on pause until Tuesday since I'm going camping! I'll start updating again once we're back! Oh, and happy Earthday! Today's item was a Crawdad. [item=Crawdad] so that counts for day 69 I suppose! Don't have time to write or anything! Bye guys! See ya soon! :3
@zzzhorses @Petall @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind

Hey everyone! Just letting you all know that the pinkerlocke is on pause until Tuesday since I'm going camping! I'll start updating again once we're back! Oh, and happy Earthday! Today's item was a Crawdad. Crawdad so that counts for day 69 I suppose! Don't have time to write or anything!

Bye guys! See ya soon! :3
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

(RIP Proxima...)
(RIP Proxima...)
7NebxtL.jpg
@Spottedleaf125
see you in a few days! enjoy camping!
@Spottedleaf125
see you in a few days! enjoy camping!
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@Spottedleaf125

Enjoy camping!!!! My family goes camping a lot, and I always enjoy it!
@Spottedleaf125

Enjoy camping!!!! My family goes camping a lot, and I always enjoy it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
have fun camping! :D
have fun camping! :D
1u3H6jas.png
[center][item=Acid Widow][item=Elk Pelt][item=Winter Wolf Pelt][item=Green Aviator Scarf][item=Ceremonial Scythe][item=Coppercoil Segment][item=Leopard Coralclimber Toxin][item=Sandstrike Hedgehog][item=Longneck Wanderer][item=Mustache Moth] [b]Day 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 & 79:[/b] So, coli, writing, romance (perhaps friendship instead I'm thinking, we'll see), and drawing, as well as, GASP, new character?! So sorry for delaying so long! I've been back since the Tuesday I said I would be back but have just put off the pinkerlocke, and I've been busy when I've wanted to post or it's been too late in the night to update. Hopefully this will make up for all your patient waiting, some nice writing and a very [i]interesting[/i] drawing! I don't currently have lair space so I can't buy the new dragon yet, but I'm slowly but surely working my way up towards a lair expansion, so as soon as I'm expanded you can expect to see the new dragon. I used the random number generator, and the new character when I get them will be a guardian! Enjoy! c: ~*~ Quiet. Arlo lay stretched out on animal pelts. One was a winter wolf pelt, and the other an elk pelt. It had been... What? [i]Moons[/i] that he'd been stuck with these creatures. He had found his niche into this lifestyle however, his own place. Arlo had learned that he was not supposed to leave or move around a lot. He was to stay in one area as well. The cavern was often packed in the day with Them, and space was scarce and often fought over. If Arlo dared step out of his space, he'd be beaten and kicked and nipped at until he retreated back to his quarters. Why they didn't kill him, he did not know. He wasn't allowed to speak that much either, and besides the faint light from a hole in the ceiling, he couldn't see much either. But he had gotten used to the darkness. As for nourishment, the creatures, being carnivorous, would bring him meat. Different things at different times. Arlo always feared they would bring him the remains of another dragon, but this had not happened yet. Arlo had become skilled at skinning things in the dark, hence his soft bedding of pelts. Drinking water was not hard to come by either, as a small spring was easy to drink from at the back of the cavern. Where all the cavern led, he was not sure. Arlo hated all the darkness, and would long for the sunshine to warm his hide, yet this was not possible. He couldn't move at day because of all the creatures, but there was one thing he did look forward to. [i]Night.[/i] At night the horrid beasts would become invisible and leave the cavern, either going deeper down into the cavern, or leaving from what he assumed was the exit. Only one would stay, invisible, in the tunnel to the entrance. At night, Arlo could move around freely and even before somewhat explore. However, if he dared to try and go through the entrance tunnel, the beast would growl and snarl and knock him back into the main cavern. Arlo knew why they stayed invisible though, and he knew why they only came out at night. Through the faint light of that hole in the ceiling of the cavern, he could, at day, make out different parts of them, saw different glances of them. Gray skin that was almost slug like in texture and dampness. Many, many, yellowed, sharp teeth, and a long tongue. Enlarged backs of skull, what he assumed was the brain. Long tails, skinny frame with ribs visible. Extremely tall and muscular, long neck, and long legs with no visible feet, except for the front legs having large, single, knife-like bone structures sticking out of them. Needless to say, he'd never seen anything like them. Most disturbing of all was the fact that when he saw glimpses of their faces, they had[i] no eyes[/i]. None at all. The skull and skin seemed to just slightly, barely slope in where the eyes should have been, but there were none. With all these glimpses, Arlo was able to put together a mental image of how the creatures appeared, much to his horror and dismay of their appearance. [img]https://s17.postimg.org/sd93m3sm7/Sketch4416354_kindlephoto-1760281.jpg[/img] It was night now, and the creatures had left. Before they had left, they dragged something up from the back tunnel, the one he was unsure of where it led. Perhaps a back entrance he wondered? He wasn't sure. He figured they had brought him an elk carcass, and so in the complete and utter darkness, once they had left, he quickly moved his way over hungrily, getting ready to eat. A hiss escaped from the body when he planted one foot on it, and Arlo immediately backed away. That hiss.... It didn't sound like a snake or feline, or even one of [i]Them[/i]. It sounded.... [i]Dragon[/i]. Arlo parted his jaws for the first time in a long time for speech. [b]"Hel.... Hello?"[/b] He croaked, his voice raspy from lack of use. He held his breath, hoping, praying that it would be another dragon. He craved company, being alone with those creatures were driving him crazy, he had never been so lonely in his entire life. He could hear it move, rising up with shaky, frightened breaths. [b]"Yes...? Is, is someone there? Or do my ears deceive me?"[/b] They asked. Arlo released his held breath and moved closer. [b]"No! I mean, yes! I mean, sir or miss, I am here! Yer ears do not deceive ya!"[/b] He said frantically, eyes wide in the darkness. He heard them gasp. [b]"Then I... I am not alone anymore...? Am I, still within this cursed cave system....?! Am I free? Am I finally free from those horrendous creatures?!"[/b] They asked excitedly. Arlo gave a sad sigh. Their voice was filled with such hopefulness, and he would crush it. [b]"I'm very disappointed to tell yah... Yer not. Yer in a large cavern that they fill in the daytime, and I have to keep to my area or else they attack me...."[/b] He said to them. Silence. [b]"Oh..."[/b] They said. [b]"But, is, is there a way to escape possibly??"[/b] They asked then. Arlo shook his head sadly. [b]"I'm 'fraid the only way out is through a tunnel guarded by one of 'um. I've been stuck in 'ere for moons..."[/b] He said. Just silence, no reply. [b]"Rightly sorry I am, ma'am or sir.... Ya are still there, ain't cha?"[/b] Arlo said, afraid that maybe he had scared them away. [b]"No... No it's not your fault. Don't worry about it. I am still here. Where do they make you stay?"[/b] They asked. [b]"Just, follow the sound of my clawtips clickin' against the floor."[/b] Arlo said, starting to walk. [b]"Okay."[/b] They said, following after him. Arlo sat down on the pelts. [b]"Right here. I move off these here pelts, and I'm toast."[/b] He said. They sat down beside him. He could tell that they were a rather large dragon, either a guardian, ridgeback, or imperial. [b]"You Just have to be a bit strict and snappy and you can make enough room for yourself. Try making a smaller one move in the daytime. Usually, they may kick you a bit, or bite you, but as long as you're persistent then they'll eventually move a bit because they're too tired to mess with you too much."[/b] They said to him, settling down a little bit off of the pelts, leaving room for Arlo. Arlo scoffed. [b]"Really? Yer mighty brave fer a dragon. I don't try to mess with them."[/b] He said. They chuckled a bit. [b]"Being a guardian helps."[/b] They said to him. [b]"Yeah... Well I ain't one. I'm a bogsneak, and rightly proud to be one."[/b] He said. [b]"Explains the accent in your voice."[/b] They said mischievously. [b]"Hey! My accent is fine, don'tcha talk about my accent!"[/b] He replied. [b]"Nah, I'm just kidding with you."[/b] The guardian said. [b]"Good."[/b] He said, smiling. They sat in silence for several minutes. [b]"You know what?"[/b] They said. [b]"What?"[/b] Arlo asked. [b]"I've never been happier to meet another dragon."[/b] The guardian said. [b]"Me neither. Yer good company, especially compared to the critters."[/b] Arlo said, thankful for their company. ~*~ @zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind[/center]
Acid Widow Elk Pelt Winter Wolf Pelt Green Aviator Scarf Ceremonial Scythe Coppercoil Segment Leopard Coralclimber Toxin Sandstrike Hedgehog Longneck Wanderer Mustache Moth

Day 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 & 79:

So, coli, writing, romance (perhaps friendship instead I'm thinking, we'll see), and drawing, as well as, GASP, new character?! So sorry for delaying so long! I've been back since the Tuesday I said I would be back but have just put off the pinkerlocke, and I've been busy when I've wanted to post or it's been too late in the night to update. Hopefully this will make up for all your patient waiting, some nice writing and a very interesting drawing! I don't currently have lair space so I can't buy the new dragon yet, but I'm slowly but surely working my way up towards a lair expansion, so as soon as I'm expanded you can expect to see the new dragon. I used the random number generator, and the new character when I get them will be a guardian! Enjoy! c:

~*~

Quiet.

Arlo lay stretched out on animal pelts. One was a winter wolf pelt, and the other an elk pelt. It had been... What? Moons that he'd been stuck with these creatures. He had found his niche into this lifestyle however, his own place. Arlo had learned that he was not supposed to leave or move around a lot. He was to stay in one area as well. The cavern was often packed in the day with Them, and space was scarce and often fought over. If Arlo dared step out of his space, he'd be beaten and kicked and nipped at until he retreated back to his quarters. Why they didn't kill him, he did not know. He wasn't allowed to speak that much either, and besides the faint light from a hole in the ceiling, he couldn't see much either. But he had gotten used to the darkness.

As for nourishment, the creatures, being carnivorous, would bring him meat. Different things at different times. Arlo always feared they would bring him the remains of another dragon, but this had not happened yet. Arlo had become skilled at skinning things in the dark, hence his soft bedding of pelts. Drinking water was not hard to come by either, as a small spring was easy to drink from at the back of the cavern.

Where all the cavern led, he was not sure.

Arlo hated all the darkness, and would long for the sunshine to warm his hide, yet this was not possible. He couldn't move at day because of all the creatures, but there was one thing he did look forward to.

Night.

At night the horrid beasts would become invisible and leave the cavern, either going deeper down into the cavern, or leaving from what he assumed was the exit. Only one would stay, invisible, in the tunnel to the entrance. At night, Arlo could move around freely and even before somewhat explore. However, if he dared to try and go through the entrance tunnel, the beast would growl and snarl and knock him back into the main cavern.

Arlo knew why they stayed invisible though, and he knew why they only came out at night. Through the faint light of that hole in the ceiling of the cavern, he could, at day, make out different parts of them, saw different glances of them.

Gray skin that was almost slug like in texture and dampness.

Many, many, yellowed, sharp teeth, and a long tongue.

Enlarged backs of skull, what he assumed was the brain.

Long tails, skinny frame with ribs visible.

Extremely tall and muscular, long neck, and long legs with no visible feet, except for the front legs having large, single, knife-like bone structures sticking out of them.

Needless to say, he'd never seen anything like them. Most disturbing of all was the fact that when he saw glimpses of their faces, they had no eyes. None at all. The skull and skin seemed to just slightly, barely slope in where the eyes should have been, but there were none.

With all these glimpses, Arlo was able to put together a mental image of how the creatures appeared, much to his horror and dismay of their appearance.

Sketch4416354_kindlephoto-1760281.jpg

It was night now, and the creatures had left. Before they had left, they dragged something up from the back tunnel, the one he was unsure of where it led. Perhaps a back entrance he wondered? He wasn't sure. He figured they had brought him an elk carcass, and so in the complete and utter darkness, once they had left, he quickly moved his way over hungrily, getting ready to eat.

A hiss escaped from the body when he planted one foot on it, and Arlo immediately backed away. That hiss.... It didn't sound like a snake or feline, or even one of Them. It sounded.... Dragon.

Arlo parted his jaws for the first time in a long time for speech. "Hel.... Hello?" He croaked, his voice raspy from lack of use. He held his breath, hoping, praying that it would be another dragon. He craved company, being alone with those creatures were driving him crazy, he had never been so lonely in his entire life.

He could hear it move, rising up with shaky, frightened breaths. "Yes...? Is, is someone there? Or do my ears deceive me?" They asked.

Arlo released his held breath and moved closer. "No! I mean, yes! I mean, sir or miss, I am here! Yer ears do not deceive ya!" He said frantically, eyes wide in the darkness.

He heard them gasp. "Then I... I am not alone anymore...? Am I, still within this cursed cave system....?! Am I free? Am I finally free from those horrendous creatures?!" They asked excitedly.

Arlo gave a sad sigh. Their voice was filled with such hopefulness, and he would crush it. "I'm very disappointed to tell yah... Yer not. Yer in a large cavern that they fill in the daytime, and I have to keep to my area or else they attack me...." He said to them.

Silence.

"Oh..." They said. "But, is, is there a way to escape possibly??" They asked then.

Arlo shook his head sadly. "I'm 'fraid the only way out is through a tunnel guarded by one of 'um. I've been stuck in 'ere for moons..." He said.

Just silence, no reply.

"Rightly sorry I am, ma'am or sir.... Ya are still there, ain't cha?" Arlo said, afraid that maybe he had scared them away.

"No... No it's not your fault. Don't worry about it. I am still here. Where do they make you stay?" They asked.

"Just, follow the sound of my clawtips clickin' against the floor." Arlo said, starting to walk.

"Okay." They said, following after him.

Arlo sat down on the pelts. "Right here. I move off these here pelts, and I'm toast." He said.

They sat down beside him. He could tell that they were a rather large dragon, either a guardian, ridgeback, or imperial. "You Just have to be a bit strict and snappy and you can make enough room for yourself. Try making a smaller one move in the daytime. Usually, they may kick you a bit, or bite you, but as long as you're persistent then they'll eventually move a bit because they're too tired to mess with you too much." They said to him, settling down a little bit off of the pelts, leaving room for Arlo.

Arlo scoffed. "Really? Yer mighty brave fer a dragon. I don't try to mess with them." He said.

They chuckled a bit. "Being a guardian helps." They said to him.

"Yeah... Well I ain't one. I'm a bogsneak, and rightly proud to be one." He said.

"Explains the accent in your voice." They said mischievously.

"Hey! My accent is fine, don'tcha talk about my accent!" He replied.

"Nah, I'm just kidding with you." The guardian said.

"Good." He said, smiling.

They sat in silence for several minutes.

"You know what?" They said.

"What?" Arlo asked.

"I've never been happier to meet another dragon." The guardian said.

"Me neither. Yer good company, especially compared to the critters." Arlo said, thankful for their company.

~*~

@zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

OOoooo new dragons are always exciting!!! I like the sound of this new dragon!

Also, we finally get to see what the creatures look like!!! They look really interesting! I can't wait to learn more about them!
@Spottedleaf125

OOoooo new dragons are always exciting!!! I like the sound of this new dragon!

Also, we finally get to see what the creatures look like!!! They look really interesting! I can't wait to learn more about them!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Nice update! I can't wait till we see what the new dragon looks like.

Poor Arlo. He's been living with those creatures for months!
Nice update! I can't wait till we see what the new dragon looks like.

Poor Arlo. He's been living with those creatures for months!
[center]Hey! Great news guys! I just expanded my lair! This is our new character! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32614131] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/326142/32614131_350.png[/img] [/url] Randomizer gave me (after a few rounds) Natalya! She wasn't the [i]cheapest[/i], costing 7000, so 100 Treasure more than the cheapest female, (there was also a male but I want them to be female to even out the group) but she was prettier, and very pretty to me still. c: @zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind (Sorry for any unwanted double pings, just wanted to let you guys know!) [/center]
Hey! Great news guys! I just expanded my lair! This is our new character!

32614131_350.png

Randomizer gave me (after a few rounds) Natalya! She wasn't the cheapest, costing 7000, so 100 Treasure more than the cheapest female, (there was also a male but I want them to be female to even out the group) but she was prettier, and very pretty to me still. c:

@zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind

(Sorry for any unwanted double pings, just wanted to let you guys know!)
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

She looks gorgeous!!!!! Oh my goodness I love her!!!
@Spottedleaf125

She looks gorgeous!!!!! Oh my goodness I love her!!!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28 29