Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Shifting Sunlight
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28 29
Oh, what beautiful looking hatchlings! It's sad about Bright, but at least only one egg died. They've still go the other two, and I'd love to see Howard's reaction to becoming an uncle XD Such sweet little Fae.
Oh, what beautiful looking hatchlings! It's sad about Bright, but at least only one egg died. They've still go the other two, and I'd love to see Howard's reaction to becoming an uncle XD Such sweet little Fae.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
@Spottedleaf125

Bright and Reed are adorable oh my goodness!!!!! I love them!!!!!

And RIP Bright. Too bad you never saw the sun.
@Spottedleaf125

Bright and Reed are adorable oh my goodness!!!!! I love them!!!!!

And RIP Bright. Too bad you never saw the sun.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Poor Bright!

I think Reed and Blossom look good with those colors! I can't wait to see more of the little hatchlings!
Poor Bright!

I think Reed and Blossom look good with those colors! I can't wait to see more of the little hatchlings!
Argh, sorry Spotted for never responding to this! Raigi and Flightstone's kids are SO CUTE. Poor Bright. :( All together, they're such a cute and great family!

But I've been loving the updates so far, and I like how Melly show's another emotion asides from her usually fierce, withdrawn self. She really intrigues me! As for Arlo... I'm also excited to see more of him. He's so funny. x3
Argh, sorry Spotted for never responding to this! Raigi and Flightstone's kids are SO CUTE. Poor Bright. :( All together, they're such a cute and great family!

But I've been loving the updates so far, and I like how Melly show's another emotion asides from her usually fierce, withdrawn self. She really intrigues me! As for Arlo... I'm also excited to see more of him. He's so funny. x3
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@Violetah

Yeah, it will be fun! ^^ Wonder what Arlo will do LOL

@Petall

I know, they're so cute! ^u^ I'm already staring to imagine their little personalities. ^^

@Shadowflame777

Yes! Well, we will definitely be seeing more of them soon!

@MorningSkye

It's alright! ^^ Arlo will be in the story a lot, since he's in the camp now, he's really fun to write about. xD
@Violetah

Yeah, it will be fun! ^^ Wonder what Arlo will do LOL

@Petall

I know, they're so cute! ^u^ I'm already staring to imagine their little personalities. ^^

@Shadowflame777

Yes! Well, we will definitely be seeing more of them soon!

@MorningSkye

It's alright! ^^ Arlo will be in the story a lot, since he's in the camp now, he's really fun to write about. xD
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

Nice! Arlo is back. I love his scene with Melly lol!

Awh, the nesting scene! Poor Bright, and poor parents :( but Reed and Blossom are gorgeous, I love their colours and am happy you got to keep two out of the three hatchlings! :3
Nice! Arlo is back. I love his scene with Melly lol!

Awh, the nesting scene! Poor Bright, and poor parents :( but Reed and Blossom are gorgeous, I love their colours and am happy you got to keep two out of the three hatchlings! :3
1u3H6jas.png
[center][item=Discipline][item=Spearmint] [b]Day 65, 66, 67 & 68:[/b] I forget what I even got 65 and 66, might have accidentally converted it or hoard sold it, or I might have forgotten one day or something, Idk. But, yep! [i]Another[/i] Discipline! I flipped a coin and got- [i]Heads[/i]... [b]Death Streak[/b].... Last time I got a Death Streak was back in February when Frostblossom died.... The only other time I got a Death Streak was when Rain died.... Okay, so rules state I need to number my dragons that can coli and then use a randomizer to pick three.... So: Raigi = 1 Howard = 2 Flightstone = 3 Arlo = 4 Melly = 5 Let's use Random number generator.... 2! Howard will be in the battle 5! Melly will be in the battle 4! Arlo will be in the battle .... Howard is level 8, so that should be good, but both Arlo and Melly are [i]level 1[/i].... Oh no... They will be fighting in the Scorched Forest.... I have 1 Minor Health Potion, 16 Health Potions, and 10 Major Health Potions... Let's cross our fingers and hope that no one dies... Here we go.... ----- OKAY! I left this setting all night and haven't written at all.... So I decided to wait until today. I typed the above yesterday and went into the coli and everything... Something, yeah, something bad happened that made me not want to write.... But luckily my brother @Shadowflame777 gave me a wonderful idea to kinda "bypass" the death that happened yesterday. (Yes, yes, someone died.) Also: not doing coli since I just did that yesterday. Stay tuned for this exciting event. ~*~ It was evening when Raigi, Flightstone, and the hatchlings reached near camp. Flightstone had grown very tired of flying and was now resting on Raigi's back with the hatchlings. Reed was looking around quietly, and his sister was yawning. Raigi walked along, coming closer to the camp, when they noticed large disturbed spots of bushes and trees and mud... Almost like something very, very [i]large[/i] had come through... Raigi looked back at Flightstone with a concerned face. Flightstone worriedly brought the hatchlings closer to her, under her wings. Approaching closer to camp, they saw that the wall was completely intact, and other than the mess outside the fence, everything seemed fine. They heard someone running to the gate, and saw the frightened face of one of their friends. [b]"Get in!"[/b] [b]"What? What happened??!"[/b] Flightstone asked. [b]"I'll explain once you're inside!"[/b] ~*~ It had all started during the days of Raigi and Flightstone still nesting, after Arlo had came to camp... Arlo had been hanging around the camp with the others, and Joebob. Annoying them, as usual. It had gotten near evening, and Arlo decided to head out of camp for just a little bit. Melly and Howard warned him that it would be dangerous, but he didn't care... Arlo sniffed around. [b]"I'm cravin' rabbit an' I'll find some 'cause that's what I'm gunna do."[/b] He said, and started hunting. Then heard loud noises. Creaking like something mighty was running, then it stopped with growlish noises. Right behind him. He turned to see nothing. Arlo shrugged, but then he was slung around. [b]"AHHHHHH!!!"[/b] He screamed, crashing into a bush. He looked around. [b]"Aaawwwwww no....."[/b] He said in a scared voice, knowing that [i]It[/i] was here. Howard stood inside the fence in disbelief. Eyes wide with terror, Melly came running out to help Arlo back inside. [b]"Hurry! This way!"[/b] She shouted at him, running over, but the invisible creature came her way, as she could see spots in the mud where it was walking and breaking branches and brush. A roarish noise sounded, and Melly growled, lashing at the invisible creature. A roar sounded and blood leaked from mid air, and she was lifted and shook around like a rag doll. Cowardly hidden and doing nothing, Arlo watched in horror. Howard screamed. [b]"Melly!"[/b] He called. The beast finally slung her against the ground, and she was bleeding. Weakly she turned towards Howard. [b]"Don't Howard! Stay inside! Don't try to save me!"[/b] She said selflessly, standing up and glaring at the invisible creature. The beast growled and smacked her off her feet again, and now, the brave dragoness was staring upward, flat on her back, fear lighting her eyes in a look of pure terror. Seeing that look of terror on Melly's face... It made something snap inside Arlo. A new side. A braver side. [b]"I'M COMIN'!! I'LL SAVE YA!!!"[/b] He roared, galloping over. He pushed Melly towards the camp and stood glaring up at the beast, baring his teeth. Joebob came to his side while Howard pulled Melly into the camp. [b]"Arlo!! Get in here! Now! Hurry!"[/b] Howard yelled, holding the weak and bleeding Melly near him. [b]"No! Now, I may not be th' brightest, but I know good an' well that this creature needs a talkin' to!"[/b] Arlo growled. He stared up at the invisible figure, eyes lit by the moon. [b]"Who do ya think you are???? What do ya think yer doin'??! Killer! Have you no mercy? Not even the slightest? Plain rude you are! Stompin' around destroyin' things like you own the place! Killin' an' tryin' to kill innocent dragons and when you can't git 'um correctly, you mind control! Rude! Monster! Diseased giant pest! What are you? A coward? Why do you hide yourself???!"[/b] He roared at it. Joebob growled. Silence. Clicking of invisible teeth and groaning growl noises as it spoke something. [i]What[/i], no one knew. Arlo huffed. [b]"Well???!"[/b] The beast snarled and lifted Arlo up, shaking him and then, running off with him. Joebob growled and barked, chasing after him, but was slung backwards, yelping as one of his metal legs broke. [b]"JOEBOB!"[/b] Arlo called. Joebob howled sadly, watching his owner being taken off. [b]"AHHHHHHH!"[/b] Arlo screamed as he was being taken away. The creature slammed his head against a tree, making Arlo's cries go suddenly silent... ~*~ Raigi and Flightstone looked shocked at Howard, now that they were in a hut. [b]"That's, that's horrible!"[/b] Flightstone said, blocking her children's ears. [b]"What have we brought our children to??!"[/b] She said. Melly limped over. [b]"As long as we stay within the camp, it is perfectly safe. I had Howard, after he helped dress my wounds, build the walls taller. The creature shouldn't be able to even reach over."[/b] Melly said. [b]"The hatchlings should be safe, as long as we stay inside during dark hours."[/b] Melly said. Raigi and Flightstone looked at each other. [b]"I, I don't know... I really think it's dangerous..."[/b] Flightstone said, looking at the little ones. Reed was playing with his sister's tail, who was asleep. Howard smiled at the little hatchlings, then looked up at Raigi and Flightstone. [b]"We weren't much older than these two when we ran way into these woods... We only had one adult to protect us, these two have three. If we can survive, they can."[/b] He said with a hopeful smile. [b]"But I don't want them to just go about their lives "surviving", I want them to live a full and vibrant life! With no fear of something getting them or mind controlling them!"[/b] Flightstone said in a hushed voice, eyes wide. [b]"We will all do everything in my power to protect these hatchlings. We could even use a protection method I know of very well. Besides, you can't leave now. It is night and far too dangerous. If you wish to leave, I will understand, and we will support you."[/b] Melly said to her calmly. Candlelight flickered and Flightstone gave a soft sigh. [b]"Okay... Just for now. Then we can decide better sometime later, but soon."[/b] Flightstone said. Raigi nodded, nuzzling her and watching the hatchlings. ~*~ [i]Darkness[/i] [i]Foggy view[/i] [i]Hard to see[/i] Opening eyes, stuck somewhere... Odd noises, almost making heart stop in fright. In a... Cave. Cavern. Very tall ceilings. Light in far distance.... From tiny hole in ceiling maybe? Or was it actually far away...? To hard to move.... Head sore. Head hurts. What's wrong? Gray.... Gray legs... Big legs. Scary legs. No feet, just legs. Disturbing. Get away, must move... Can't move. But legs move. Legs attached to giant bodies that are hard to make out in foggy vision... But as they reach the entrance, they [i]disappear[/i]. Happens many times. They leave when light fades, and return with light grows... Arlo rubbed his eyes. He had been going in and out of consciousness. He couldn't think straight with the large wound on his head. The wound was covered in some clear, thick and sticky mucus.... Ewwugh... [b]"Where... Ugh... Am... I?"[/b] He said, voice echoing in the seemingly empty, pitch black cavern. Many shrill shrieks and growls from around him. The cavern was filled. ~*~ [img]https://s24.postimg.org/ep30mnw9h/Screenshot_2017-04-20-15-45-55_kindlephoto-25796.jpg[/img] Poor Arlo.... I gave a gasp/screech noise when the disgusting centuar thing shot him with plague bolt.... I didn't even want to write yesterday because I was so upset, I had been planning so much for him.... But you know now that he's not really dead in the story, but everyone [i]thinks[/i] he is. We will still be seeing lots of Arlo, as well as learning more about our creatures. >:3 Thanks Shadow for the idea of having him not actually die but the others think he has! Hope this was an exciting update! :D @zzzhorses @Petall @/Shadowflame777 @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind [/center]
Discipline Spearmint

Day 65, 66, 67 & 68:

I forget what I even got 65 and 66, might have accidentally converted it or hoard sold it, or I might have forgotten one day or something, Idk. But, yep! Another Discipline! I flipped a coin and got- Heads... Death Streak.... Last time I got a Death Streak was back in February when Frostblossom died.... The only other time I got a Death Streak was when Rain died....

Okay, so rules state I need to number my dragons that can coli and then use a randomizer to pick three....

So:

Raigi = 1
Howard = 2
Flightstone = 3
Arlo = 4
Melly = 5

Let's use Random number generator....

2! Howard will be in the battle
5! Melly will be in the battle
4! Arlo will be in the battle

.... Howard is level 8, so that should be good, but both Arlo and Melly are level 1.... Oh no...

They will be fighting in the Scorched Forest....

I have 1 Minor Health Potion, 16 Health Potions, and 10 Major Health Potions...

Let's cross our fingers and hope that no one dies... Here we go....

OKAY! I left this setting all night and haven't written at all.... So I decided to wait until today. I typed the above yesterday and went into the coli and everything... Something, yeah, something bad happened that made me not want to write.... But luckily my brother @Shadowflame777 gave me a wonderful idea to kinda "bypass" the death that happened yesterday. (Yes, yes, someone died.) Also: not doing coli since I just did that yesterday. Stay tuned for this exciting event.

~*~

It was evening when Raigi, Flightstone, and the hatchlings reached near camp. Flightstone had grown very tired of flying and was now resting on Raigi's back with the hatchlings. Reed was looking around quietly, and his sister was yawning. Raigi walked along, coming closer to the camp, when they noticed large disturbed spots of bushes and trees and mud... Almost like something very, very large had come through... Raigi looked back at Flightstone with a concerned face. Flightstone worriedly brought the hatchlings closer to her, under her wings.

Approaching closer to camp, they saw that the wall was completely intact, and other than the mess outside the fence, everything seemed fine.

They heard someone running to the gate, and saw the frightened face of one of their friends. "Get in!"

"What? What happened??!" Flightstone asked.

"I'll explain once you're inside!"

~*~

It had all started during the days of Raigi and Flightstone still nesting, after Arlo had came to camp...

Arlo had been hanging around the camp with the others, and Joebob. Annoying them, as usual.

It had gotten near evening, and Arlo decided to head out of camp for just a little bit. Melly and Howard warned him that it would be dangerous, but he didn't care...

Arlo sniffed around. "I'm cravin' rabbit an' I'll find some 'cause that's what I'm gunna do." He said, and started hunting.

Then heard loud noises. Creaking like something mighty was running, then it stopped with growlish noises.

Right behind him.

He turned to see nothing.

Arlo shrugged, but then he was slung around. "AHHHHHH!!!" He screamed, crashing into a bush. He looked around. "Aaawwwwww no....." He said in a scared voice, knowing that It was here.

Howard stood inside the fence in disbelief. Eyes wide with terror, Melly came running out to help Arlo back inside. "Hurry! This way!" She shouted at him, running over, but the invisible creature came her way, as she could see spots in the mud where it was walking and breaking branches and brush. A roarish noise sounded, and Melly growled, lashing at the invisible creature. A roar sounded and blood leaked from mid air, and she was lifted and shook around like a rag doll.

Cowardly hidden and doing nothing, Arlo watched in horror.

Howard screamed. "Melly!" He called.

The beast finally slung her against the ground, and she was bleeding. Weakly she turned towards Howard. "Don't Howard! Stay inside! Don't try to save me!" She said selflessly, standing up and glaring at the invisible creature. The beast growled and smacked her off her feet again, and now, the brave dragoness was staring upward, flat on her back, fear lighting her eyes in a look of pure terror.

Seeing that look of terror on Melly's face... It made something snap inside Arlo. A new side. A braver side. "I'M COMIN'!! I'LL SAVE YA!!!" He roared, galloping over. He pushed Melly towards the camp and stood glaring up at the beast, baring his teeth. Joebob came to his side while Howard pulled Melly into the camp.

"Arlo!! Get in here! Now! Hurry!" Howard yelled, holding the weak and bleeding Melly near him.

"No! Now, I may not be th' brightest, but I know good an' well that this creature needs a talkin' to!" Arlo growled.

He stared up at the invisible figure, eyes lit by the moon. "Who do ya think you are???? What do ya think yer doin'??! Killer! Have you no mercy? Not even the slightest? Plain rude you are! Stompin' around destroyin' things like you own the place! Killin' an' tryin' to kill innocent dragons and when you can't git 'um correctly, you mind control! Rude! Monster! Diseased giant pest! What are you? A coward? Why do you hide yourself???!" He roared at it. Joebob growled.

Silence.

Clicking of invisible teeth and groaning growl noises as it spoke something. What, no one knew.

Arlo huffed. "Well???!"

The beast snarled and lifted Arlo up, shaking him and then, running off with him. Joebob growled and barked, chasing after him, but was slung backwards, yelping as one of his metal legs broke.

"JOEBOB!" Arlo called.

Joebob howled sadly, watching his owner being taken off.

"AHHHHHHH!" Arlo screamed as he was being taken away. The creature slammed his head against a tree, making Arlo's cries go suddenly silent...

~*~

Raigi and Flightstone looked shocked at Howard, now that they were in a hut. "That's, that's horrible!" Flightstone said, blocking her children's ears. "What have we brought our children to??!" She said.

Melly limped over. "As long as we stay within the camp, it is perfectly safe. I had Howard, after he helped dress my wounds, build the walls taller. The creature shouldn't be able to even reach over." Melly said. "The hatchlings should be safe, as long as we stay inside during dark hours." Melly said.

Raigi and Flightstone looked at each other. "I, I don't know... I really think it's dangerous..." Flightstone said, looking at the little ones. Reed was playing with his sister's tail, who was asleep.

Howard smiled at the little hatchlings, then looked up at Raigi and Flightstone. "We weren't much older than these two when we ran way into these woods... We only had one adult to protect us, these two have three. If we can survive, they can." He said with a hopeful smile.

"But I don't want them to just go about their lives "surviving", I want them to live a full and vibrant life! With no fear of something getting them or mind controlling them!" Flightstone said in a hushed voice, eyes wide.

"We will all do everything in my power to protect these hatchlings. We could even use a protection method I know of very well. Besides, you can't leave now. It is night and far too dangerous. If you wish to leave, I will understand, and we will support you." Melly said to her calmly. Candlelight flickered and Flightstone gave a soft sigh. "Okay... Just for now. Then we can decide better sometime later, but soon." Flightstone said. Raigi nodded, nuzzling her and watching the hatchlings.

~*~

Darkness

Foggy view

Hard to see

Opening eyes, stuck somewhere... Odd noises, almost making heart stop in fright.

In a... Cave. Cavern. Very tall ceilings. Light in far distance.... From tiny hole in ceiling maybe? Or was it actually far away...?

To hard to move.... Head sore. Head hurts. What's wrong?

Gray.... Gray legs... Big legs. Scary legs. No feet, just legs. Disturbing. Get away, must move...

Can't move. But legs move. Legs attached to giant bodies that are hard to make out in foggy vision... But as they reach the entrance, they disappear.

Happens many times. They leave when light fades, and return with light grows...

Arlo rubbed his eyes. He had been going in and out of consciousness. He couldn't think straight with the large wound on his head. The wound was covered in some clear, thick and sticky mucus.... Ewwugh... "Where... Ugh... Am... I?" He said, voice echoing in the seemingly empty, pitch black cavern.

Many shrill shrieks and growls from around him.

The cavern was filled.

~*~

Screenshot_2017-04-20-15-45-55_kindlephoto-25796.jpg

Poor Arlo.... I gave a gasp/screech noise when the disgusting centuar thing shot him with plague bolt.... I didn't even want to write yesterday because I was so upset, I had been planning so much for him....

But you know now that he's not really dead in the story, but everyone thinks he is. We will still be seeing lots of Arlo, as well as learning more about our creatures. >:3 Thanks Shadow for the idea of having him not actually die but the others think he has!

Hope this was an exciting update! :D

@zzzhorses @Petall @/Shadowflame777 @kragnes @MorningSkye @IronPen @SweetToothArt @MythicalBurrito @clarax @Violetah @felinekind

a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Spottedleaf125

I know from experience what it is like having dragons die that make you want to not write (RIP Proxima...), so I'm glad to hear you found a way around it with Arlo. He was only just starting to grow and be discovered, it would be a shame to lose all that now.

I was so scared that Melly was going to be the one who would have been killed. She's definitely my favourite, and she knows so much about this beast/monster/thing, it would be a shame to lose her too.
@Spottedleaf125

I know from experience what it is like having dragons die that make you want to not write (RIP Proxima...), so I'm glad to hear you found a way around it with Arlo. He was only just starting to grow and be discovered, it would be a shame to lose all that now.

I was so scared that Melly was going to be the one who would have been killed. She's definitely my favourite, and she knows so much about this beast/monster/thing, it would be a shame to lose her too.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[quote name="Petall" date=2017-04-21 19:48:53] I was so scared that Melly was going to be the one who would have been killed. She's definitely my favourite, and she knows so much about this beast/monster/thing, it would be a shame to lose her too. [/quote] My thoughts exactly, tbh! I'm sorry to hear that Arlo died in-game but now I'm super-intrigued about what's going to happen since he survived in-story! I hope he'll be okay - that really doesn't sound like a pleasant place. :( I hope your future plans for him can still work out though!
Petall wrote on 2017-04-21:

My thoughts exactly, tbh! I'm sorry to hear that Arlo died in-game but now I'm super-intrigued about what's going to happen since he survived in-story! I hope he'll be okay - that really doesn't sound like a pleasant place. :( I hope your future plans for him can still work out though!
1u3H6jas.png
@Spottedleaf125
*cries* NO ARLO! MY BABY! YOU POOR LITTLE THING!
@Spottedleaf125
*cries* NO ARLO! MY BABY! YOU POOR LITTLE THING!
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28 29