Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Paths We Wander [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30 31
[center][b][u]Day 50[/u][/b] [item=brown bat] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses @luckgandor @Lotuscatdragon @Violetah [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/25#post_26862388]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] Averie eased herself into the salty water. After 3 days of breathing exercises, Stelian had finally decided to take her swimming lessons into the water. Averie was desperate to prove herself, mostly because she wanted this process to speed up so she could get the keystones. "Now, have you ever actually been in the sea of a thousand currents before little one?" Stelian asked, easing her way into the water and dipping her head under the waves. "No, I haven't." Averie admitted. She had considered lying, to speed up the process, but she had a feeling the older guardian would be able to see through her words, and she didn't know if she could stand seeing those purple eyes stare into hers with such disapproval. "We better take some time making sure you can maneuver the currents before we actually try diving down and putting those breathing exercises to use." "So once I learn to swim in the currents, we can dive fore the stones?' Averie asked excitedly. "No, once you learn how to swim in the currents, you can dive for sand dollars for practice." Stelian said pointedly. "Sand dollars?" Averie responded, dismayed. Her wings drooped further into the water. "Don't look so down. You'll be glad you've retrieved those sand dollars. They aren't worthless, at least not during the Wavecrest Saturnalia. If you do well, I'll take you to a nearby clan I know of that is known for hosting Saturnalia events." "I'd rather just retrieve the stones." Averie muttered. Her clanmates planned to leave at the end of the Saturnalia. Time was running out. "Well, if you rush to retrieve the stones, I can't promise you'll come out alive. You aren't lucky enough to be water-born with the natural ability to breathe underwater. The bubbles are an untrustworthy source of air, considering any of them could hold prophecies uttered by the Tidelord himself. If you get swept off by a current, you could be dragged further underwater, or worse, into the Leviathan Trench." Stelian snapped. "If you want to join the countless other dragon bones at the bottom of the trench, be my guest. Now, are you going to yammer on, or do you actually want to practice?" "I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect." Averie lowered her head as best as she could in the water. Stelian just gave a curt nod. "Let's get started." [center]***[/center] "You should go." Susan urged Vaille. Her eyes gleamed knowingly, though the skydancer didn't understand why. "I'm not sure... There is still so much to prepare for the trip, and I don't know if I trust Patrick." Vaille admitted. "You don't know if you [i]trust[/i] Patrick? Why not?" Vaille could sense the confusion coming off of her best friend. "There was just something about him, as he was talking. He looked.. almost hungry. I don't think he's given up his quest for the crown." Vaille explained. "I'm sorry, I know we've had this conversation before, but are you sure you're a skydancer? Patrick took his eyes off the crown long ago. He's not the dragon he was when he arrived, I thought you'd seen the change." Susan laughed. "But he's always talking about helping me in my leadership. Isn't that a way to get more power so he can eventually take over?" Vaille asked, unsure if the confusion she was feeling was her own or that of her friend. "Vaille, he's offering to help you lead because he love you. Have you really not seen it?" Susan asked. "He's had his eye on you since Iwan and Sobek came along, if not before. he's seen the amount of stress you are under, and he wants to help. He wants your relationship with him to be a partnership, he wants to be your mate." "No, that's ridiculous!" Vaille's mind was reeling. "You're kidding, right? Sure, he's been close since Sobek and Iwan happened, but that's just because he's trying to be a good father, this isn't about me, it never was. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!?" She snapped, not able to stand the amused and knowing look in the snapper's eyes anymore. "Vaille, I know what love looks like, I've read and written more stories about love than I can count." Susan responded, eyes still gleaming. "Go with him. I'm not saying you have to be with him romantically, that's your choice and only your choice, you two need to sort your relationship out. I've watched you two dance around it for far too long. At the very least, you will choose our new home as clanmates, and you will feel more at peace knowing where your clan will be. Either way, this trip will be good for you." "Okay, I'll go." ____________________________________________________________________________________ Susan is a major shipper confirmed. Vaille and Patrick's relationship is something I've been meaning to establish for a long time, but other things kept coming up and the timing never seemed right. Soon, it will be revealed whether they are actually going to be an official couple, or just remain friends. Also, I have given myself a deadline for some of these plotlines, the end of the Saturnailia, probably against my better judgement. Let's hope I can make it work. I have no idea how many battles I actually did. I forgot to start counting, so I just kept going until I felt like I had done a lot. I may have done more than I needed to do, I may have done less, I don't know. Nothing eventful happened, save for some levelling up. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/26#post_26888975]Next[/url][/center]
Day 50
Brown Bat
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles
@CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses @luckgandor @Lotuscatdragon @Violetah

Previous
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Averie eased herself into the salty water. After 3 days of breathing exercises, Stelian had finally decided to take her swimming lessons into the water. Averie was desperate to prove herself, mostly because she wanted this process to speed up so she could get the keystones.

"Now, have you ever actually been in the sea of a thousand currents before little one?" Stelian asked, easing her way into the water and dipping her head under the waves.

"No, I haven't." Averie admitted. She had considered lying, to speed up the process, but she had a feeling the older guardian would be able to see through her words, and she didn't know if she could stand seeing those purple eyes stare into hers with such disapproval.

"We better take some time making sure you can maneuver the currents before we actually try diving down and putting those breathing exercises to use."

"So once I learn to swim in the currents, we can dive fore the stones?' Averie asked excitedly.

"No, once you learn how to swim in the currents, you can dive for sand dollars for practice." Stelian said pointedly.

"Sand dollars?" Averie responded, dismayed. Her wings drooped further into the water.

"Don't look so down. You'll be glad you've retrieved those sand dollars. They aren't worthless, at least not during the Wavecrest Saturnalia. If you do well, I'll take you to a nearby clan I know of that is known for hosting Saturnalia events."

"I'd rather just retrieve the stones." Averie muttered. Her clanmates planned to leave at the end of the Saturnalia. Time was running out.

"Well, if you rush to retrieve the stones, I can't promise you'll come out alive. You aren't lucky enough to be water-born with the natural ability to breathe underwater. The bubbles are an untrustworthy source of air, considering any of them could hold prophecies uttered by the Tidelord himself. If you get swept off by a current, you could be dragged further underwater, or worse, into the Leviathan Trench." Stelian snapped. "If you want to join the countless other dragon bones at the bottom of the trench, be my guest. Now, are you going to yammer on, or do you actually want to practice?"

"I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect." Averie lowered her head as best as she could in the water. Stelian just gave a curt nod.

"Let's get started."

"You should go." Susan urged Vaille. Her eyes gleamed knowingly, though the skydancer didn't understand why.

"I'm not sure... There is still so much to prepare for the trip, and I don't know if I trust Patrick." Vaille admitted.

"You don't know if you trust Patrick? Why not?" Vaille could sense the confusion coming off of her best friend.

"There was just something about him, as he was talking. He looked.. almost hungry. I don't think he's given up his quest for the crown." Vaille explained.

"I'm sorry, I know we've had this conversation before, but are you sure you're a skydancer? Patrick took his eyes off the crown long ago. He's not the dragon he was when he arrived, I thought you'd seen the change." Susan laughed.

"But he's always talking about helping me in my leadership. Isn't that a way to get more power so he can eventually take over?" Vaille asked, unsure if the confusion she was feeling was her own or that of her friend.

"Vaille, he's offering to help you lead because he love you. Have you really not seen it?" Susan asked. "He's had his eye on you since Iwan and Sobek came along, if not before. he's seen the amount of stress you are under, and he wants to help. He wants your relationship with him to be a partnership, he wants to be your mate."

"No, that's ridiculous!" Vaille's mind was reeling. "You're kidding, right? Sure, he's been close since Sobek and Iwan happened, but that's just because he's trying to be a good father, this isn't about me, it never was. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!?" She snapped, not able to stand the amused and knowing look in the snapper's eyes anymore.

"Vaille, I know what love looks like, I've read and written more stories about love than I can count." Susan responded, eyes still gleaming. "Go with him. I'm not saying you have to be with him romantically, that's your choice and only your choice, you two need to sort your relationship out. I've watched you two dance around it for far too long. At the very least, you will choose our new home as clanmates, and you will feel more at peace knowing where your clan will be. Either way, this trip will be good for you."

"Okay, I'll go."
____________________________________________________________________________________

Susan is a major shipper confirmed.

Vaille and Patrick's relationship is something I've been meaning to establish for a long time, but other things kept coming up and the timing never seemed right. Soon, it will be revealed whether they are actually going to be an official couple, or just remain friends.

Also, I have given myself a deadline for some of these plotlines, the end of the Saturnailia, probably against my better judgement. Let's hope I can make it work.

I have no idea how many battles I actually did. I forgot to start counting, so I just kept going until I felt like I had done a lot. I may have done more than I needed to do, I may have done less, I don't know. Nothing eventful happened, save for some levelling up.

b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
Yes, everyone has that one friend that just ships everything.
@Petall
Yes, everyone has that one friend that just ships everything.
vdZWq.gif Koshi
They/He

---
sometimes i draw
Please click my eggs ^-^
bee bee bee

cv4tJ.gif
@Lotuscatdragon

So true.
@Lotuscatdragon

So true.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][u]Day 51[/u][/b] [item=Lead Ore] Sentence: Writing @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses @luckgandor @Lotuscatdragon @Violetah [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/26#post_26882880]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] Stelian's bones ached as she returned to her cave. Her scales were still dripping with water. It had been so long since she had done this much swimming. Sighing, she muttered a hello to the Amethyst King that she shared her den with. The creature chattered, then went back to burrowing as he had been before. That was the extent of their relationship. They tolerated each other, and mostly tried to stay out of each other's way. As she rested her old bones, her thoughts drifted back to Averie. The young guardian fascinated Stelian. She had to admit she was enjoying having company, but it was more that that. Averie seemed familiar to Stelian, like she had met her before, but she couldn't for the life of her place the connection. She didn't see how it was possible, with her being as young as she was. She would have certainly remembered meeting her that recently. Maybe that familiarity was why Stelian had offered to help the younger guardian. Or maybe she was just lonelier than she could admit. She had chased many dragons away from her cliffs, but not Averie. Maybe it had to do with helping the young dragon with her charge. After having lost hers years ago, maybe Stelian was just unwilling to see another guardian lose her charge. Not that Averie had said that was at stake with the stones, but it clearly was important to her. Whatever the reason, Averie was a part of Stelian's life now. She felt like a granddaughter to her, which felt strange, because Stelian had never seen herself as much of the grandmotherly type, or motherly for the matter. Sure, she had had children, but they had all left home to serve various deities pretty early on. Still, it was nice, to feel like she had family again. Not that she was going to become the family type. She was going to live the rest of her life out in this cave, she was sure of it. Stelian could feel her eyes growing heavier and heavier. As she drifted off to sleep, she heard her mother's voice in her head, repeating the stories she had been told as a hatchling, word for word. Stories of a great light queen who's name had been lost to time. Her mother had always claimed they were descended from the great queen, though Stelian had never been sure just how true that claim was. ____________________________________________________________________________________ So, I've created a flexible plot plan for the next week if I want to get certain things done by the end of the Saturnalia, so pinkerton permitting, I can fit everything in that I want to. I had an extra space, and I wanted to give Vaille and Patrick off-page time to travel before getting to their part, so I decided to expand more on Stelian's story. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/26#post_26920289]Next[/url][/center]
Day 51
Lead Ore
Sentence: Writing
@CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses @luckgandor @Lotuscatdragon @Violetah

Previous
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Stelian's bones ached as she returned to her cave. Her scales were still dripping with water. It had been so long since she had done this much swimming. Sighing, she muttered a hello to the Amethyst King that she shared her den with. The creature chattered, then went back to burrowing as he had been before. That was the extent of their relationship. They tolerated each other, and mostly tried to stay out of each other's way.

As she rested her old bones, her thoughts drifted back to Averie. The young guardian fascinated Stelian. She had to admit she was enjoying having company, but it was more that that. Averie seemed familiar to Stelian, like she had met her before, but she couldn't for the life of her place the connection. She didn't see how it was possible, with her being as young as she was. She would have certainly remembered meeting her that recently.

Maybe that familiarity was why Stelian had offered to help the younger guardian. Or maybe she was just lonelier than she could admit. She had chased many dragons away from her cliffs, but not Averie. Maybe it had to do with helping the young dragon with her charge. After having lost hers years ago, maybe Stelian was just unwilling to see another guardian lose her charge. Not that Averie had said that was at stake with the stones, but it clearly was important to her.

Whatever the reason, Averie was a part of Stelian's life now. She felt like a granddaughter to her, which felt strange, because Stelian had never seen herself as much of the grandmotherly type, or motherly for the matter. Sure, she had had children, but they had all left home to serve various deities pretty early on. Still, it was nice, to feel like she had family again. Not that she was going to become the family type. She was going to live the rest of her life out in this cave, she was sure of it.

Stelian could feel her eyes growing heavier and heavier. As she drifted off to sleep, she heard her mother's voice in her head, repeating the stories she had been told as a hatchling, word for word. Stories of a great light queen who's name had been lost to time. Her mother had always claimed they were descended from the great queen, though Stelian had never been sure just how true that claim was.
____________________________________________________________________________________

So, I've created a flexible plot plan for the next week if I want to get certain things done by the end of the Saturnalia, so pinkerton permitting, I can fit everything in that I want to. I had an extra space, and I wanted to give Vaille and Patrick off-page time to travel before getting to their part, so I decided to expand more on Stelian's story.

@Petall

Oh, how interesting! Stelian possibly being a relative of Averie's past life, I mean. I really hope your plan goes well, and that Pink doesn't throw a spanner it the works.

Also, I agree with Susan, is Vaille really a Skydancer if she doesn't realise how Patrick feels? It's so obvious. At least now they'll have a chance to talk about it, and figure out exactly what they want their relationship to be.
@Petall

Oh, how interesting! Stelian possibly being a relative of Averie's past life, I mean. I really hope your plan goes well, and that Pink doesn't throw a spanner it the works.

Also, I agree with Susan, is Vaille really a Skydancer if she doesn't realise how Patrick feels? It's so obvious. At least now they'll have a chance to talk about it, and figure out exactly what they want their relationship to be.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
@Violetah

Thanks!!!

Vaille gas always been awkward with emotions, but I guess this was an obvious thing to miss, even for her! I'm looking forward to writing about their journey!
@Violetah

Thanks!!!

Vaille gas always been awkward with emotions, but I guess this was an obvious thing to miss, even for her! I'm looking forward to writing about their journey!
[center][b][u]Day 52[/u][/b] [item=Brown Wooly Coat] Sentence: Breed or Scroll a dragon @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses @luckgandor @Lotuscatdragon @Violetah [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/26#post_26888975]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] Averie broke the surface of the waves, gasping for air. In her claws was another giant sand dollar. She had been diving all day, and she was getting tired. The sun was already sinking lower and lower in the sky. "Alright, you've done well. That's enough for today."Stelian said, cracking a rare smile. "You have a long way to go, but you've improved a lot too. Tell you what, you could do with a treat. What'd you say we make out way over to a nearby water clan to spend some of the sand dollars you've found?" [center]***[/center] The water clan was situated on a small island not far from Stelian's cave. By the time the two guardians arrived, the sun had sunken below the horizon, and the clan was lit with numerous lights. Dragons of all sizes and breeds were bustling about, visiting the stands set up for the Saturnalia. Others were swimming in the water. All around where games and shops and water dragons performing tricks. It was beautiful, and Averie didn't want to take her eyes off of anything. "I haven't celebrated the Saturnalia with other dragons in a long time." Stelian mused. To Averie's surprise, she didn't seem uncomfortable being around so many other dragons. Instead, her eyes looked wistful. Averie wondered if the older guardian was reminiscing on her past, and if the memories were good or not. Suddenly, a nearby stand caught Averie's eye. "Oh, Stelian, look at this teardrop ring! It's beautiful!" The older guardian smiled and walked over to join the younger guardian. "You like it?" The merchant, a spiral, said with a gleam in his blue eyes. "It looks very fitting for such a regal dragon such as yourself. I found it, at the bottom of the sea. Lots of things get lost in the trench, though not many things I find are quite as beautiful as that ring. It's made of lapis lazuli you know. I had it verified." "How much is it?" Averie asked, watching as the merchant twisted himself around the stand. "For you? 20 sand dollars. I can tell you are the sort of dragon who would appreciate it, give it the proper care and love it deserves." The spiral grinned. "True worth comes in the way dragons cares about at object in their heart, not in how much money you can make off of it. This is why I dive the way I do. You never know what you might find." Averie began counting her sand dollars. "19, 20, 21, 22! I have enough!" She exclaimed. She turned to Stelian. "Were you wanting to get anything?" "I brought my own sand dollars, you worry about spending what you've earned. I don't spend all my time in that cave you know." Stelian laughed. "I think I'm going to find a new cloak." Averie and Stelian spent all evening at the celebration. Averei couldn't remember the last time she had had this much fun. In the end, the two guardians left happy, Averie donning her teardrop ring, and Stelian donning a rather worn looking blue and red cloak with a matching hat. When they reached the cliffs once more, they parted ways for the night. Both dragons would have pleasant dreams that night. [center]***[/center] Vaille woke up nestled next to Patrick. A light breeze blew around them. Everything seemed to peaceful and calm. The sky was ablaze with colours as the sun began to rise over the horizon. As Vaille was admiring the beauty around her, she felt Patrick's mind stir. It wasn't long before he raised his head. The two of them sat in silence for some time, watching the sky grow brighter. "I like it here." Vaille said finally. "You were right, it was good for me to come. Just seeing how peaceful it is here..." She trailed off, unable to find the words to capture the emotions she was feeling. "It is a great place for a clan to live." Patrick agreed. "The breeze is strong enough to fly easily in, but not so strong that flying is difficult or dangerous. It's the perfect place for hatchlings to grow and learn how to fly. It's out of the way of any major beastclan factions, so we won't have to worry about being attacked. There are lots of other clans nearby, enough that we could get help if we needed, provided we make the right diplomatic arrangements-" "Patrick." Vaille interrupted. "Thank you for doing this with me." As he fixed his four purple eyes on her, Vaille felt her heart pound faster. She remembered what Susan had told her, about the way he felt about her. She was starting to see it. The way he talked, it wasn't just the way a leader would weigh the pros and cons of an important decision, she realized now in doing so, he was reassuring her. She felt a rush of emotion at the thought, and she was glad Patrick couldn't read her emotions the way she could. "I'd do anything for you." Patrick admitted. "Do you mean that in a subject serving his queen way or-" The words caught on Vaille's tongue, but she had to know for sure. She hoped she wasn't about to make a fool of herself, just because Susan had seen something that might not possibly be there. "Or is it something more?" [i]Do you love me?[/i] The question echoed in her mind, but she couldn't bring herself to say it. "Vaille... I..." Patrick took a deep breath. "I hope you don't think me impertinent when I say this but I love you. I love spending time with you, I've love raising our sons with you, I want to devote the rest of my life to you. I understand if you don't feel the same way, and I won't ever bring this up again if you don't want me to, but I want to always be by your side, if that is as your friend, your loyal trusted subject, or... or as your mate." Vaille felt like she couldn't breathe. She had never felt this much emotion in her life, not in this way. Unable to handle it, she looked away from Patrick. "I'm sorry, did I step out of line?" Patrick suddenly said, apologetic. He inched away from her, so that they were no longer touching the way they had been before. "No!" Vaille exclaimed, surprised at how the words had sprung from her. "Patrick... I care about you too. I want you to be my mate. I want you to help me lead this clan, and I want you do to it as my equal, not as my subject. I want to live here as a family." "Let's not go back to the cavern today. Let's investigate the Saturnalia celebration happening at the top of the Zephyr Steppes." Patrick suggested. "Let's just spend some time, just me and you, no clan to worry about, no danger to worry about. Just us. Just for the day." "I like the sound of that." Vaille smiled. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Well, guess who went on a nest today? Honestly, with my plans for plot today, an apparel pull was the perfect pull. Though, the hatchlings won't really get much of a chance to be a part of the pinkerlocke. Still figuring out how to incorporate the creation of the eggs into the story, but you know what? I have time. Not much time, but I have time. I originally was going to write about Vaille and Patrick celebrating the Saturnalia today, but this conversation ended up coming up, and there is a lot I'm covering today, so I think I'll leave that for tomorrow. I'll add it in alongside my plans for tomorrow. [center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/27#post_26938799]Next[/url][/center]
Day 52
Brown Wooly Coat
Sentence: Breed or Scroll a dragon

Previous

Averie broke the surface of the waves, gasping for air. In her claws was another giant sand dollar. She had been diving all day, and she was getting tired. The sun was already sinking lower and lower in the sky.

"Alright, you've done well. That's enough for today."Stelian said, cracking a rare smile. "You have a long way to go, but you've improved a lot too. Tell you what, you could do with a treat. What'd you say we make out way over to a nearby water clan to spend some of the sand dollars you've found?"

The water clan was situated on a small island not far from Stelian's cave. By the time the two guardians arrived, the sun had sunken below the horizon, and the clan was lit with numerous lights. Dragons of all sizes and breeds were bustling about, visiting the stands set up for the Saturnalia. Others were swimming in the water. All around where games and shops and water dragons performing tricks. It was beautiful, and Averie didn't want to take her eyes off of anything.

"I haven't celebrated the Saturnalia with other dragons in a long time." Stelian mused. To Averie's surprise, she didn't seem uncomfortable being around so many other dragons. Instead, her eyes looked wistful. Averie wondered if the older guardian was reminiscing on her past, and if the memories were good or not.

Suddenly, a nearby stand caught Averie's eye. "Oh, Stelian, look at this teardrop ring! It's beautiful!" The older guardian smiled and walked over to join the younger guardian.

"You like it?" The merchant, a spiral, said with a gleam in his blue eyes. "It looks very fitting for such a regal dragon such as yourself. I found it, at the bottom of the sea. Lots of things get lost in the trench, though not many things I find are quite as beautiful as that ring. It's made of lapis lazuli you know. I had it verified."

"How much is it?" Averie asked, watching as the merchant twisted himself around the stand.

"For you? 20 sand dollars. I can tell you are the sort of dragon who would appreciate it, give it the proper care and love it deserves." The spiral grinned. "True worth comes in the way dragons cares about at object in their heart, not in how much money you can make off of it. This is why I dive the way I do. You never know what you might find."

Averie began counting her sand dollars. "19, 20, 21, 22! I have enough!" She exclaimed. She turned to Stelian. "Were you wanting to get anything?"

"I brought my own sand dollars, you worry about spending what you've earned. I don't spend all my time in that cave you know." Stelian laughed. "I think I'm going to find a new cloak."

Averie and Stelian spent all evening at the celebration. Averei couldn't remember the last time she had had this much fun. In the end, the two guardians left happy, Averie donning her teardrop ring, and Stelian donning a rather worn looking blue and red cloak with a matching hat. When they reached the cliffs once more, they parted ways for the night. Both dragons would have pleasant dreams that night.

Vaille woke up nestled next to Patrick. A light breeze blew around them. Everything seemed to peaceful and calm. The sky was ablaze with colours as the sun began to rise over the horizon. As Vaille was admiring the beauty around her, she felt Patrick's mind stir. It wasn't long before he raised his head. The two of them sat in silence for some time, watching the sky grow brighter.

"I like it here." Vaille said finally. "You were right, it was good for me to come. Just seeing how peaceful it is here..." She trailed off, unable to find the words to capture the emotions she was feeling.

"It is a great place for a clan to live." Patrick agreed. "The breeze is strong enough to fly easily in, but not so strong that flying is difficult or dangerous. It's the perfect place for hatchlings to grow and learn how to fly. It's out of the way of any major beastclan factions, so we won't have to worry about being attacked. There are lots of other clans nearby, enough that we could get help if we needed, provided we make the right diplomatic arrangements-"

"Patrick." Vaille interrupted. "Thank you for doing this with me." As he fixed his four purple eyes on her, Vaille felt her heart pound faster. She remembered what Susan had told her, about the way he felt about her. She was starting to see it. The way he talked, it wasn't just the way a leader would weigh the pros and cons of an important decision, she realized now in doing so, he was reassuring her. She felt a rush of emotion at the thought, and she was glad Patrick couldn't read her emotions the way she could.

"I'd do anything for you." Patrick admitted.

"Do you mean that in a subject serving his queen way or-" The words caught on Vaille's tongue, but she had to know for sure. She hoped she wasn't about to make a fool of herself, just because Susan had seen something that might not possibly be there. "Or is it something more?" Do you love me? The question echoed in her mind, but she couldn't bring herself to say it.

"Vaille... I..." Patrick took a deep breath. "I hope you don't think me impertinent when I say this but I love you. I love spending time with you, I've love raising our sons with you, I want to devote the rest of my life to you. I understand if you don't feel the same way, and I won't ever bring this up again if you don't want me to, but I want to always be by your side, if that is as your friend, your loyal trusted subject, or... or as your mate."

Vaille felt like she couldn't breathe. She had never felt this much emotion in her life, not in this way. Unable to handle it, she looked away from Patrick.

"I'm sorry, did I step out of line?" Patrick suddenly said, apologetic. He inched away from her, so that they were no longer touching the way they had been before.

"No!" Vaille exclaimed, surprised at how the words had sprung from her. "Patrick... I care about you too. I want you to be my mate. I want you to help me lead this clan, and I want you do to it as my equal, not as my subject. I want to live here as a family."

"Let's not go back to the cavern today. Let's investigate the Saturnalia celebration happening at the top of the Zephyr Steppes." Patrick suggested. "Let's just spend some time, just me and you, no clan to worry about, no danger to worry about. Just us. Just for the day."

"I like the sound of that." Vaille smiled.

Well, guess who went on a nest today? Honestly, with my plans for plot today, an apparel pull was the perfect pull. Though, the hatchlings won't really get much of a chance to be a part of the pinkerlocke.

Still figuring out how to incorporate the creation of the eggs into the story, but you know what? I have time. Not much time, but I have time.

I originally was going to write about Vaille and Patrick celebrating the Saturnalia today, but this conversation ended up coming up, and there is a lot I'm covering today, so I think I'll leave that for tomorrow. I'll add it in alongside my plans for tomorrow.
@Petall
Ah! They're all so cute in this update I can't take it!
@Petall
Ah! They're all so cute in this update I can't take it!
vdZWq.gif Koshi
They/He

---
sometimes i draw
Please click my eggs ^-^
bee bee bee

cv4tJ.gif
@Lotuscatdragon

AAaaahhhhhhh I'm glad you find them cute!!! I had warm fuzzy feelings all through writing this!
@Lotuscatdragon

AAaaahhhhhhh I'm glad you find them cute!!! I had warm fuzzy feelings all through writing this!
@Petall
I felt those warm fuzzy feelings reading it, this really made my day!
@Petall
I felt those warm fuzzy feelings reading it, this really made my day!
vdZWq.gif Koshi
They/He

---
sometimes i draw
Please click my eggs ^-^
bee bee bee

cv4tJ.gif
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30 31