Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Windestiny - A Nuzlocke (NEW, DAY 9)
1 2 3 4
@springwind

I have been struggling with double posting too; especially when I go to edit the coding of certain pages. Or even randomly being redirected to something I was previously looking at in another tab or something. it's really weird.

Anyway no troubles. :D
@springwind

I have been struggling with double posting too; especially when I go to edit the coding of certain pages. Or even randomly being redirected to something I was previously looking at in another tab or something. it's really weird.

Anyway no troubles. :D
MasqD.pngCoding.pngArtshop.pngNuzlocke.pngArcanart.png
[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] S E V E N[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]January 14, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=Bamboo shoot] [color=#707070][size=2][I]Material/Writing[/I][/center] ----- [color=#707070][size=2]Things were quiet after Azural, Riethia and Mel's journey of close calls. The wind stayed silent, and Aevern was thankful she didn't have to send them back out into the dangerous paths of the Beastclans. They, instead, helped out with chores around the hold. They tidied dens, they sorted their food, they organized hoardes, and they all had a peaceful day. Mel's mind was... Clouded, I suppose you could say. Battle was not only shaping her into a mage, like Icaruth, but into an adult. Into someone capable of handling herself. Sure, she cherished the love her adoptive mother gave her, but she had reached maturity, and felt smothered by the attention. Choked out by all of the special care. She did not need it, and the pink Fae knew that for a fact. She had to stand up for herself, but... It would hurt Aevern. And after all the other Fae had done for her, even taken her in as her own child, Mel didn't know if she had the heart to act on her feelings. But, she saw how much freedom Az and Ri received... And she wanted that independence. She craved it. She just wanted to prove she was ready to receive it. Icaruth, somehow, picked up on Mel's discomfort, and her lost gaze that persisted throughout the day. Azural and Riethia noticed way sooner, and would have talked to her about it, but they knew she could do it on her own. And they wanted her to. That was part of proving herself. Maybe it was foolish of Icaruth to step up and talk to the small dragon. Or, perhaps not. But, he nudged her while Aevern was off collecting feathers and birdskulls, and he placed his head low to the pink form so much smaller than him. He was amazed to see how grown up she looked, ever since peering down at her much the same when he first discovered her. Way back when, she looked like a small, fragile and pathetic creature. Now, she had build up muscle, was... Well, not large, but larger, and she had a determined expression, now mixed with curiosity as she awaited the words Icaruth had pulled her aside for. "[B]I've noticed you've been... A tad out of it lately, Mel. Is something bothering you?[/b] The Fae hesitated, but shook her head. Even though he was quite... Socially challenged, by some miracle, Icaruth knew she was lying, and pressed her. "[b]It's okay if something's wrong. We can...[/b]" He paused, unable to think of a fitting word. He couldn't say talk, nor could he say discuss. After a small tilt of Mel's head, and a soft sigh from the Skydancer, Icaruth just said, "[b]If there's any problems you have, you can always let me know. I may not be a Fae, like your mom, nor are we as close, but I'm always here to...[/b]" Again, he couldn't say listen, so he simply backtracked and mumbled, "[b]I'm always here if you need me.[/b]" Mel thought it was amusing that this large goofball had trouble with words. She held back a smile as she nodded, tugging at a feather of his, and pointing to the direction Aevern had wandered off in. It took him a few long, hazy seconds, but he finally burst out, "[b]Oh, Aevern! You want to talk to Aevern? Or she's coming back?[/b] Mel could feel herself getting a tad frustrated. She never really had much trouble communicating with anyone else in the hold. Everyone read her so well, that it was odd when Icaruth, the dragon she interacted with the least, couldn't get anything right. She gave him a look that screamed, [i]are you serious!?[/i] so boldly, even he understood. He looked apologetic, and Mel started to feel a bit bad. But he regained his determined expression. Deep down inside, he really wanted to help Mel. Even if they barely talked, he still cared for her a lot. Especially seeing the way Aevern cares for- Wait a minute. His dark viridian eyes lit up instantly, and he realized what was bothering her. The same thing that was bothering him the other day. Excitedly, he said, "[b]Oh, sheesh, I understand now! You want to talk about Aevern. Specifically, how she treats you. Am I right?[/b]" The Fae nodded her head so hard, her fins whistled the wind oddly into her ears, and she felt her head screaming for her to stop. She locked eyes with him again, and was relieved to see him happy and bright-faced. "[b]Ah, okay, I understand now. Okay, let's see...[/b]" ----- [center][color=#707070][size=2]@MaskqD @Deladria @Phenix @elandor @Starongie @KAnn
D A Y - S E V E N
January 14, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Bamboo Shoot
Material/Writing

Things were quiet after Azural, Riethia and Mel's journey of close calls. The wind stayed silent, and Aevern was thankful she didn't have to send them back out into the dangerous paths of the Beastclans. They, instead, helped out with chores around the hold. They tidied dens, they sorted their food, they organized hoardes, and they all had a peaceful day.

Mel's mind was... Clouded, I suppose you could say. Battle was not only shaping her into a mage, like Icaruth, but into an adult. Into someone capable of handling herself. Sure, she cherished the love her adoptive mother gave her, but she had reached maturity, and felt smothered by the attention. Choked out by all of the special care. She did not need it, and the pink Fae knew that for a fact. She had to stand up for herself, but...

It would hurt Aevern. And after all the other Fae had done for her, even taken her in as her own child, Mel didn't know if she had the heart to act on her feelings. But, she saw how much freedom Az and Ri received... And she wanted that independence. She craved it. She just wanted to prove she was ready to receive it.

Icaruth, somehow, picked up on Mel's discomfort, and her lost gaze that persisted throughout the day. Azural and Riethia noticed way sooner, and would have talked to her about it, but they knew she could do it on her own. And they wanted her to. That was part of proving herself.

Maybe it was foolish of Icaruth to step up and talk to the small dragon. Or, perhaps not. But, he nudged her while Aevern was off collecting feathers and birdskulls, and he placed his head low to the pink form so much smaller than him. He was amazed to see how grown up she looked, ever since peering down at her much the same when he first discovered her. Way back when, she looked like a small, fragile and pathetic creature. Now, she had build up muscle, was... Well, not large, but larger, and she had a determined expression, now mixed with curiosity as she awaited the words Icaruth had pulled her aside for.

"I've noticed you've been... A tad out of it lately, Mel. Is something bothering you?

The Fae hesitated, but shook her head. Even though he was quite... Socially challenged, by some miracle, Icaruth knew she was lying, and pressed her.

"It's okay if something's wrong. We can..." He paused, unable to think of a fitting word. He couldn't say talk, nor could he say discuss. After a small tilt of Mel's head, and a soft sigh from the Skydancer, Icaruth just said, "If there's any problems you have, you can always let me know. I may not be a Fae, like your mom, nor are we as close, but I'm always here to..." Again, he couldn't say listen, so he simply backtracked and mumbled, "I'm always here if you need me."

Mel thought it was amusing that this large goofball had trouble with words. She held back a smile as she nodded, tugging at a feather of his, and pointing to the direction Aevern had wandered off in. It took him a few long, hazy seconds, but he finally burst out, "Oh, Aevern! You want to talk to Aevern? Or she's coming back?

Mel could feel herself getting a tad frustrated. She never really had much trouble communicating with anyone else in the hold. Everyone read her so well, that it was odd when Icaruth, the dragon she interacted with the least, couldn't get anything right. She gave him a look that screamed, are you serious!? so boldly, even he understood.

He looked apologetic, and Mel started to feel a bit bad. But he regained his determined expression. Deep down inside, he really wanted to help Mel. Even if they barely talked, he still cared for her a lot. Especially seeing the way Aevern cares for-

Wait a minute.

His dark viridian eyes lit up instantly, and he realized what was bothering her. The same thing that was bothering him the other day. Excitedly, he said, "Oh, sheesh, I understand now! You want to talk about Aevern. Specifically, how she treats you. Am I right?"

The Fae nodded her head so hard, her fins whistled the wind oddly into her ears, and she felt her head screaming for her to stop. She locked eyes with him again, and was relieved to see him happy and bright-faced.

"Ah, okay, I understand now. Okay, let's see..."

windleft_zpsojegxxo1.png spring. she/her. +3 FRT
windestiny - a nuz/pinkerlocke
windright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@springwind

Oh, I definitely want to follow this! The rules are really interesting. But I'll have to read it another time, because today I'm Pushing for the sake of WINDSTAR Bay!!

So - later!
@springwind

Oh, I definitely want to follow this! The rules are really interesting. But I'll have to read it another time, because today I'm Pushing for the sake of WINDSTAR Bay!!

So - later!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Deladria
I can put you on the pinglist, if you'd like!
And WE WON! Haha, I couldn't dom, so thanks so much for helping push for the win! Windstar Bay sounds SO much better, anyway. :3
@Deladria
I can put you on the pinglist, if you'd like!
And WE WON! Haha, I couldn't dom, so thanks so much for helping push for the win! Windstar Bay sounds SO much better, anyway. :3
This is great! I would love to be on the pinglist. I love what you did with the bird skulls, very creative and inspiring
This is great! I would love to be on the pinglist. I love what you did with the bird skulls, very creative and inspiring
extra-wing-left.png9PfTMVf.pngextra-wing-right.png
@Phenix
Thank you so much! I'll add you right away, haha!
@Phenix
Thank you so much! I'll add you right away, haha!
Found this in your signature and I'm hooked. Beautifully done, I'm looking forward to future updates!
Found this in your signature and I'm hooked. Beautifully done, I'm looking forward to future updates!
tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png
[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] E I G H T[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]January 17, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=forestsong face mask] [color=#707070][size=2][I]New Dragon Number generator said 11, which is another Nocturne. Since we have more females than males, this one needs to be a male. To make things more interesting, I'm going to add another dragon as well, because it's been a long while since I've written and I want to make things interesting. Number generator said 13, which means Skydancer. Any gender. Also, sorry for the long break![/I][/center] ----- [color=#707070][size=2]Things had been rather uneventful in Springhold for a while. Everyone had carried about their lives; Aevern started realizing Icaruth was sort of co-running the hold with her, despite his... Social troubles. She let him. It was nice to have help, especially from him. He was learning to speak to people, and she was catching a break every now and then. Azural and Riethia continued to gather for the clan on the daily. Sometimes, Mel would join them. Other times, she would want to be on her own. The Nocturne and Imperial understood; she was the introverted type who just needed some alone time every now and again. Azural liked being alone with Riethia, anyways. They would always have such delightful, and deep conversations. The two of them always enjoyed it. On this day in particular, the two felt some... Odd presence following them. The two didn't feel threatened, but... They felt a tad uneasy. The wind had warned them of something unexpected to arrive today, but just to Azural. And he still hadn't mentioned it to his Imperial partner. Eventually, the two stopped. Riethia, her large figure daunting and intimidating, curled around Azural in a sort of protective stance. She lowered her head down to his. [B]"I'm getting really sick of feeling followed, Azu,"[/b] her whispery breath brushing the Nocturne's scales. He felt his body tense, distracted. Considering what she said, he kept his body tense and turned in the direction she was facing. The smell of something unfamiliar was now overwhelming. The two weren't scared, and both of them knew that. But they were both tense, and just wanted answers. In that instant, the pair stilled themselves. They heard small, clumsy footsteps, and someone shushing them. A small whimper. An apologetic sigh. Without speaking, Azural and Riethia turned and looked at each other, Azu gazing into the Imperial's huge eye. She turned, and let out a sound that the white dragon had never heard. It was a warning growl, but... It was worried. Concerned. For what, Azural was unsure. The sounds in the forest must have also been unsure, because they ceased. Then continued, and broke the cluster of bamboo stalks. Two dragons. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30157588] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/301576/30157588_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31423004] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/314231/31423004_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [color=#707070][size=2]Another Nocturne, but very blue. He stood proud, and wasn't exactly phased by Riethia's growl. Probably because he was trying to reassure the small pink and grey Skydancer at his side. Just past the hatchling stage. Azural had felt something strange in him. Never in his young life had he ever remembered seeing another one of his kind. Another Nocturne. And one that sort of looked like him, to boot. He was taken aback, and he shifted. Riethia felt this movement, and she knew the reason. She wanted to distract him so he wouldn't let his guard down, so she demanded, "[b]Why have you been following us? We do not know you.[/b]" She focused her gaze on the pair, watching the hatchling look to the blue Nocturne expectantly. Her body was feeling for any more shifts from Azural. The blue Nocturne sighed, and, in a voice he was trying hard to steady, said, "[b]This Skydancer and I have been wandering for a few days now, and... We hadn't seen anyone for quite a while. We heard you two talking and... I wanted to approach you for help, but couldn't tell if you were friendly, so... I decided to follow you for a bit before approaching you. We didn't mean to cause concern or fear on your end.[/b]" "[B]We aren't fearful of you,[/b]" the Imperial said a little louder and quicker than what would have been deemed necessary. This startled the Skydancer, who hid her face into the blue scaled side of the striped Nocturne, suddenly defensive. Riethia sort of sensed this, and she lowered her hostility, adding, "[b]Tell me your names, and where you are from.[/b]" The blue Nocturne responded with a lowering of his hostility, his expression softening. "[b]I am called Ravault, and this youngling is called Ferriah. We were from a clan... Probably not too far from here, if my memory is right... Our clan was effected by some strange disease, where dragons started to not wake up from their slumber...[/b]" Both Azural and Riethia tensed. They both went still, bodies pressed against each other in the Imperial's protective coil. They held their breath. Neither had caught what Ravault had said next, because of the fact that neither of them had considered that other clans may have experienced this same thing. The air around them was oddly still. Their bodies felt ready for combat, the adrenaline coursing, but there was nothing to fight. Their bodies were so in sync, they both felt it. They felt each other, and each other's emotions. They realized they were both afraid. Azural finally spoke, and broke the silence, which was odd, considering his personality. "[B]It's a bit odd you'd mention that, because our clan dealt with something similar a few weeks ago. The survivors are currently trying to get back on their feet. We're had... We had no idea anyone else had experienced something similar.[/b] "[b]That... Is extremely strange... It's like some sort of silent plague[/b]," Ravault replied. His personality was already starting to seem simar to Azural's. "[b]It's wonderful we managed to find you two, who seemed to have experienced something similar. Not that I'm glad you two went through that, but... You know what I mean.[/b]" He was about to explain, but the situation interested the small Skydancer known as Ferriah. She peeked from Ravault's striped hide and gazed at the the two birdskull adorned dragons. Her protector added, "[b]This little one and I were one of the last few to remain. She isn't even from here; she's a child of the Arcanist, and yet, she was brought here and was almost left alone. I'm also not from here, and that similarity and the fact that we were both alone is what lead me to take her away with me. So, now we're alone together. Well, were, until we found you two.[/b]" There was a bit of a silence, but the pair was settled down and relaxed. Two pairs of beings, both in sync wordlessly. Riethia said, suddenly, "[b]I don't see any reason why you two can't take refuge with us at Springhold. You'll have to speak to our hold leader, Aevern.[/b]" There was a pause. The Nocturne and Skydancer pair looked at each other. They shared a glance, hopeful, yet cautious. "[B]That...[/b]" Ravault said, turning his gaze back to the Springhold dragons, "[b]would be absolutely great. We've been so alone together. And hungry, and... Just... That would be fantastic.[/b]" ----- [center][color=#707070][size=2]@MaskqD @Deladria @Phenix @elandor @Starongie @KAnn @Skyeset
D A Y - E I G H T
January 17, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Forestsong Face Mask
New Dragon
Number generator said 11, which is another Nocturne.
Since we have more females than males, this one needs to be a male.
To make things more interesting, I'm going to add another dragon as well, because it's been a long while since I've written and I want to make things interesting. Number generator said 13, which means Skydancer. Any gender.

Also, sorry for the long break!

Things had been rather uneventful in Springhold for a while. Everyone had carried about their lives; Aevern started realizing Icaruth was sort of co-running the hold with her, despite his... Social troubles. She let him. It was nice to have help, especially from him. He was learning to speak to people, and she was catching a break every now and then.

Azural and Riethia continued to gather for the clan on the daily. Sometimes, Mel would join them. Other times, she would want to be on her own. The Nocturne and Imperial understood; she was the introverted type who just needed some alone time every now and again. Azural liked being alone with Riethia, anyways. They would always have such delightful, and deep conversations. The two of them always enjoyed it.

On this day in particular, the two felt some... Odd presence following them. The two didn't feel threatened, but... They felt a tad uneasy. The wind had warned them of something unexpected to arrive today, but just to Azural. And he still hadn't mentioned it to his Imperial partner.

Eventually, the two stopped. Riethia, her large figure daunting and intimidating, curled around Azural in a sort of protective stance. She lowered her head down to his. "I'm getting really sick of feeling followed, Azu," her whispery breath brushing the Nocturne's scales. He felt his body tense, distracted. Considering what she said, he kept his body tense and turned in the direction she was facing. The smell of something unfamiliar was now overwhelming. The two weren't scared, and both of them knew that. But they were both tense, and just wanted answers.

In that instant, the pair stilled themselves. They heard small, clumsy footsteps, and someone shushing them. A small whimper. An apologetic sigh. Without speaking, Azural and Riethia turned and looked at each other, Azu gazing into the Imperial's huge eye. She turned, and let out a sound that the white dragon had never heard. It was a warning growl, but... It was worried. Concerned. For what, Azural was unsure. The sounds in the forest must have also been unsure, because they ceased. Then continued, and broke the cluster of bamboo stalks. Two dragons.

Another Nocturne, but very blue. He stood proud, and wasn't exactly phased by Riethia's growl. Probably because he was trying to reassure the small pink and grey Skydancer at his side. Just past the hatchling stage.

Azural had felt something strange in him. Never in his young life had he ever remembered seeing another one of his kind. Another Nocturne. And one that sort of looked like him, to boot. He was taken aback, and he shifted. Riethia felt this movement, and she knew the reason. She wanted to distract him so he wouldn't let his guard down, so she demanded, "Why have you been following us? We do not know you." She focused her gaze on the pair, watching the hatchling look to the blue Nocturne expectantly. Her body was feeling for any more shifts from Azural.

The blue Nocturne sighed, and, in a voice he was trying hard to steady, said, "This Skydancer and I have been wandering for a few days now, and... We hadn't seen anyone for quite a while. We heard you two talking and... I wanted to approach you for help, but couldn't tell if you were friendly, so... I decided to follow you for a bit before approaching you. We didn't mean to cause concern or fear on your end."

"We aren't fearful of you," the Imperial said a little louder and quicker than what would have been deemed necessary. This startled the Skydancer, who hid her face into the blue scaled side of the striped Nocturne, suddenly defensive. Riethia sort of sensed this, and she lowered her hostility, adding, "Tell me your names, and where you are from."

The blue Nocturne responded with a lowering of his hostility, his expression softening. "I am called Ravault, and this youngling is called Ferriah. We were from a clan... Probably not too far from here, if my memory is right... Our clan was effected by some strange disease, where dragons started to not wake up from their slumber..."

Both Azural and Riethia tensed. They both went still, bodies pressed against each other in the Imperial's protective coil. They held their breath. Neither had caught what Ravault had said next, because of the fact that neither of them had considered that other clans may have experienced this same thing. The air around them was oddly still. Their bodies felt ready for combat, the adrenaline coursing, but there was nothing to fight. Their bodies were so in sync, they both felt it. They felt each other, and each other's emotions.

They realized they were both afraid.

Azural finally spoke, and broke the silence, which was odd, considering his personality. "It's a bit odd you'd mention that, because our clan dealt with something similar a few weeks ago. The survivors are currently trying to get back on their feet. We're had... We had no idea anyone else had experienced something similar.

"That... Is extremely strange... It's like some sort of silent plague," Ravault replied. His personality was already starting to seem simar to Azural's. "It's wonderful we managed to find you two, who seemed to have experienced something similar. Not that I'm glad you two went through that, but... You know what I mean." He was about to explain, but the situation interested the small Skydancer known as Ferriah. She peeked from Ravault's striped hide and gazed at the the two birdskull adorned dragons. Her protector added, "This little one and I were one of the last few to remain. She isn't even from here; she's a child of the Arcanist, and yet, she was brought here and was almost left alone. I'm also not from here, and that similarity and the fact that we were both alone is what lead me to take her away with me. So, now we're alone together. Well, were, until we found you two."

There was a bit of a silence, but the pair was settled down and relaxed. Two pairs of beings, both in sync wordlessly. Riethia said, suddenly, "I don't see any reason why you two can't take refuge with us at Springhold. You'll have to speak to our hold leader, Aevern."

There was a pause. The Nocturne and Skydancer pair looked at each other. They shared a glance, hopeful, yet cautious. "That..." Ravault said, turning his gaze back to the Springhold dragons, "would be absolutely great. We've been so alone together. And hungry, and... Just... That would be fantastic."

[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] N I N E[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]January 19, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=BERSERKER] [color=#707070][size=2][I]Flipped tails (thank goodness!). Nothing happens.[/I][/center] ----- [color=#707070][size=2]"[b]I'm proud of you two.[/b]" Aevern planted her small figure in front of Riethia and Azural. The two nodded in thanks for the leader's praise. The Imperial said, "[b]I was more moved to help them once I realized that they had experienced the same thing we had. It's such a mysterious thing...[/b]. She trailed off, looking rather perplexed. It was odd to see her normally happy self do anything but laugh and jest. It unsettled Azural a little. "[b]You two should still help Ravault and Farriah settle. At the moment, they know you two better than anyone. The Wind told me that two in need would seek shelter just after you left, and it seems the task is yours now. They've been initiated, and cloaked in Birdskulls, but they still night need help.[/b]" The pair nodded, already knowing they would probably be needed. "[B]Great. You two may retire for the evening.[/b]" Under the gentle rising moon, the two wordlessly crept into Riethia's den. Azural's den hadn't seen the Nocturne in nights. They settled into their normal position, with Riethia curled protectively over the small pale Nocturne. Azural, who had spent the past while endlessly battling his emotions, felt it in his heart that he had to tell the Imperial how he felt. His chest fluttered painfully with anxiety as he imagined her saying no, but... He knew she'd want him to tell her. As if agreeing with him, the wind spoke, "[i][b]tonight is the night to let your emotions run as the wind does.[/b][/i]" The Nocturne took a larger breath than normal, and Riethia immediately stirred. "[B]Azu? Is something wrong?[/b]" Her soft, whispery tone immediately stilled his heart, and he felt calmer than he could have imagined. She turned her head to look at him, and he gazed into her large, flame-coloured eyes. She searched his mystic purple ones for any signs of distress, but found none. Without thinking too hard about it, Azural said, "[b]I'm sure there's no doubt in anyone's mind that we're close.[/b]" The imperial's large head bobbed in acknowledgement, starting to wonder what he was getting at. He continued with, "[b]I don't want to ruin this bond that we share, because... It seriously means everything to me. But... Ri, I can't get you out of my head. You're all I think about, all the time. I always want to make you happy. I always want you close to me. I appreciate all that you do for me, always. I feel a stronger pull towards you than ever, and I have always wondered if you felt the same. We... We're raised as siblings, in a sense, but I don't see you as my sister, I see you as someone I want to love with all of my being.[/b]" The Imperial froze, and Azu felt her breathing still. Her expression turned to one of confusion, but... Then she started to tear up. Riethia had never heard anything so beautiful in her life. "[B]Oh, Azu...[/b]" she started, then her throat caught and she felt herself sobbing. She lowered her head, and the small Nocturne reached for it, quite confused at her reaction, as he wasn't sure if it was one of happiness or sorrow. Her tears were wet against his scales. "[B]I never imagined that you would think of me like that, I... I've always felt the same way, I just thought maybe you would think us more as siblings...[/b]" She explained, her voice quiet and small. Seeing such a large dragon so vulnerable and small made the Shadow dragon feel strange. He had never seen her so... Touched. He used his hand to wipe her cheek, shaking a little, clearly hesitant. She blinked, pulling up to look into his eyes. He said, "[b]that's the very reason I didn't tell you, Ri. But... I figured that if I didn't, it might have never happened. And I wanted to bad for it to happen, so I took the risk.[/b]" "[B]I am so thankful you did, Azu,[/b]" she said breathlessly. The way his name played on her lips made the Noctutne's heart skip. "[B]Ri... I honestly love you more than I could ever say... You're the most... Man, I can't even find words. You're the most beautiful soul I have ever had the privilege of meeting, and I just want to be with you until I physically can't anymore. And then our souls will join the stars and there we'll stay,[/b]" he went on, unable to contemplate even how he strung such words together. The two just embraced, stronger than ever. Stronger than the first night they were found together. Closer than their bodies had ever gotten. Loving each other wordlessly. That night they became mates. And it was the most meaningful night of their lives. The next morning was just as meaningful, as they discovered they were now parents to a single, bright, bouncing egg. It was the most beautiful sight either had ever seen. ----- [center][color=#707070][size=2]@MaskqD @Deladria @Phenix @elandor @Starongie @KAnn @Skyeset
D A Y - N I N E
January 19, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Berserker
Flipped tails (thank goodness!).
Nothing happens.

"I'm proud of you two."

Aevern planted her small figure in front of Riethia and Azural. The two nodded in thanks for the leader's praise. The Imperial said, "I was more moved to help them once I realized that they had experienced the same thing we had. It's such a mysterious thing.... She trailed off, looking rather perplexed. It was odd to see her normally happy self do anything but laugh and jest. It unsettled Azural a little.

"You two should still help Ravault and Farriah settle. At the moment, they know you two better than anyone. The Wind told me that two in need would seek shelter just after you left, and it seems the task is yours now. They've been initiated, and cloaked in Birdskulls, but they still night need help."

The pair nodded, already knowing they would probably be needed.

"Great. You two may retire for the evening."

Under the gentle rising moon, the two wordlessly crept into Riethia's den. Azural's den hadn't seen the Nocturne in nights. They settled into their normal position, with Riethia curled protectively over the small pale Nocturne.

Azural, who had spent the past while endlessly battling his emotions, felt it in his heart that he had to tell the Imperial how he felt. His chest fluttered painfully with anxiety as he imagined her saying no, but... He knew she'd want him to tell her.

As if agreeing with him, the wind spoke, "tonight is the night to let your emotions run as the wind does."

The Nocturne took a larger breath than normal, and Riethia immediately stirred. "Azu? Is something wrong?" Her soft, whispery tone immediately stilled his heart, and he felt calmer than he could have imagined. She turned her head to look at him, and he gazed into her large, flame-coloured eyes. She searched his mystic purple ones for any signs of distress, but found none.

Without thinking too hard about it, Azural said, "I'm sure there's no doubt in anyone's mind that we're close." The imperial's large head bobbed in acknowledgement, starting to wonder what he was getting at. He continued with, "I don't want to ruin this bond that we share, because... It seriously means everything to me. But... Ri, I can't get you out of my head. You're all I think about, all the time. I always want to make you happy. I always want you close to me. I appreciate all that you do for me, always. I feel a stronger pull towards you than ever, and I have always wondered if you felt the same. We... We're raised as siblings, in a sense, but I don't see you as my sister, I see you as someone I want to love with all of my being."

The Imperial froze, and Azu felt her breathing still. Her expression turned to one of confusion, but... Then she started to tear up.

Riethia had never heard anything so beautiful in her life.

"Oh, Azu..." she started, then her throat caught and she felt herself sobbing. She lowered her head, and the small Nocturne reached for it, quite confused at her reaction, as he wasn't sure if it was one of happiness or sorrow. Her tears were wet against his scales.

"I never imagined that you would think of me like that, I... I've always felt the same way, I just thought maybe you would think us more as siblings..." She explained, her voice quiet and small. Seeing such a large dragon so vulnerable and small made the Shadow dragon feel strange. He had never seen her so... Touched.

He used his hand to wipe her cheek, shaking a little, clearly hesitant. She blinked, pulling up to look into his eyes. He said, "that's the very reason I didn't tell you, Ri. But... I figured that if I didn't, it might have never happened. And I wanted to bad for it to happen, so I took the risk."

"I am so thankful you did, Azu," she said breathlessly. The way his name played on her lips made the Noctutne's heart skip.

"Ri... I honestly love you more than I could ever say... You're the most... Man, I can't even find words. You're the most beautiful soul I have ever had the privilege of meeting, and I just want to be with you until I physically can't anymore. And then our souls will join the stars and there we'll stay," he went on, unable to contemplate even how he strung such words together.

The two just embraced, stronger than ever. Stronger than the first night they were found together. Closer than their bodies had ever gotten. Loving each other wordlessly.

That night they became mates. And it was the most meaningful night of their lives.

The next morning was just as meaningful, as they discovered they were now parents to a single, bright, bouncing egg.

It was the most beautiful sight either had ever seen.

@springwind can i be added to the pinglist?
@springwind can i be added to the pinglist?
cottonee.gifjoltik.gif
1 2 3 4