Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Amenity Adaption Initiative (Faction)
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OS3YZ2y.png[/img][/center] Welcome to the [b]Amenity Adaption Initiative[/b], a thread for peeps who have engineering/lair improvement/scientist dragons to post about their hard-working dragon children, engage in lore speculation, or just share fun technology-related facts. ---------------------------- The goal of this group of engineers, most hailing from the Tempest Spire in Lightning, is to adapt various household systems common to central Lightning (electric lights, automated waste disposal, heating/cooling, running water, etc.) to function correctly and efficiently in all regions of Sornieth no matter how wild or damp. Members send their evolving design schematics+progress reports back to the central office of the Initiative on a biannual basis. All members of the Initiative are engineers, architects, or scientists of some type, and most have been trained in their discipline at schools belonging to the Tempest Spire's greater educational district. There is no required system of belief, but the general guiding principle of the organization is that field-testing these systems in so many varying locations leads to a better product to present to the Stormcatcher. --------------------- Feel free to use the badge I made in the bios of any dragons you headcanon as being part of the Initiative! As an example of an Initiative dragon, here is my [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=48457&tab=dragon&did=6281939]Reh[/url], who is stationed in Ice currently.
OS3YZ2y.png

Welcome to the Amenity Adaption Initiative, a thread for peeps who have engineering/lair improvement/scientist dragons to post about their hard-working dragon children, engage in lore speculation, or just share fun technology-related facts.

The goal of this group of engineers, most hailing from the Tempest Spire in Lightning, is to adapt various household systems common to central Lightning (electric lights, automated waste disposal, heating/cooling, running water, etc.) to function correctly and efficiently in all regions of Sornieth no matter how wild or damp. Members send their evolving design schematics+progress reports back to the central office of the Initiative on a biannual basis.

All members of the Initiative are engineers, architects, or scientists of some type, and most have been trained in their discipline at schools belonging to the Tempest Spire's greater educational district. There is no required system of belief, but the general guiding principle of the organization is that field-testing these systems in so many varying locations leads to a better product to present to the Stormcatcher.

Feel free to use the badge I made in the bios of any dragons you headcanon as being part of the Initiative! As an example of an Initiative dragon, here is my Reh, who is stationed in Ice currently.
3zFVAeb.gifeB7aTzw.gifBruf3KS.gif
Oh man this group is perfect for Waylon here, he's our clan's Lightning Rep and resident Engineer! Totally considering him part of the Initiative. c:
Oh man this group is perfect for Waylon here, he's our clan's Lightning Rep and resident Engineer! Totally considering him part of the Initiative. c:
tumblr_nxz6n6mNKg1tc68dzo1_250.pngRADIANT1.pngtakfb5.png
@Malaika oh man, that's one gorgeous snip-snap! Lovely colors & apparel, very practical too!
@Malaika oh man, that's one gorgeous snip-snap! Lovely colors & apparel, very practical too!
@Hyracia The Clan of Milk and honey is a primarily agricultural clan, and since our environment isn't the most suitable for farming, we have made a lot of advances in agroscience, including drought resistant plant varieties, drip irrigation, and our most ambitious project yet: above ground salt water breeding tank for fish! Our scientists use their skills to invent new methods, tools, and breeds to maximize our production and make sure that our clan thrives in the seasons to come. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18308300] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183084/18308300_350.png[/img] [/url] Samael is the head of the botany division, and she works on breeding plants and pest control. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19997720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199978/19997720_350.png[/img] [/url] Myakka is our engineer, and she's leading the above ground saltwater reservoirs project. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19767071] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197671/19767071_350.png[/img] [/url] Nia is a geologist, and she helps enrich the soil and prevent erosion will slowly building up nutrient rich topsoil to sustain the farm for generations. I think Nia and Myakka would be initerested in joining the initiative, so I'd love to work that into their bios!
@Hyracia

The Clan of Milk and honey is a primarily agricultural clan, and since our environment isn't the most suitable for farming, we have made a lot of advances in agroscience, including drought resistant plant varieties, drip irrigation, and our most ambitious project yet: above ground salt water breeding tank for fish!

Our scientists use their skills to invent new methods, tools, and breeds to maximize our production and make sure that our clan thrives in the seasons to come.

18308300_350.png

Samael is the head of the botany division, and she works on breeding plants and pest control.

19997720_350.png

Myakka is our engineer, and she's leading the above ground saltwater reservoirs project.

19767071_350.png

Nia is a geologist, and she helps enrich the soil and prevent erosion will slowly building up nutrient rich topsoil to sustain the farm for generations.

I think Nia and Myakka would be initerested in joining the initiative, so I'd love to work that into their bios!
s8KEi1n.gifNqbkZk3.gifvTYlGZk.gif
@apis oh man it's so cool to see an agricultural clan! A place like the Ashfall Wastes is gonna be difficult to work with for sure- what sort of environment does your clan live in? more volcanic rock or more ashy earth?

Myakka and Nia would definitely be a benefit to the Initiative, feel free to work the concept into their bios! Reservoir construction+ sustainable farming are very important for so many clans who don't have fertile soil and ready access to freshwater, I'm sure their knowledge can be very useful for clans across Sornieth :)
@apis oh man it's so cool to see an agricultural clan! A place like the Ashfall Wastes is gonna be difficult to work with for sure- what sort of environment does your clan live in? more volcanic rock or more ashy earth?

Myakka and Nia would definitely be a benefit to the Initiative, feel free to work the concept into their bios! Reservoir construction+ sustainable farming are very important for so many clans who don't have fertile soil and ready access to freshwater, I'm sure their knowledge can be very useful for clans across Sornieth :)
@Hyracia

Our clan is located on the Northern Coast, which gives us milder weather, as well as more access to water. The ground is dry and ashy, but it has a lot of nutrients from the volcanic activity. The biggest barrier to keeping the plants alive is the lack of moisture and the oppressive heat. That's why it's so vital to develop drought tolerant and heat resistant crops, because if they can't handle the heat, they'll die! In addition, that's why the clan is building reservoirs, both for fish and for fresh water. The climate doesn't have the traditional four seasons, instead it was the wet and dry seasons. The wet season has violent rainstorms at least once a week, while the dry season has not a single drop of water for months. The idea is to capture and store the storm water from the wet season, and use it during the dry season.

I based the climate and environment on Mediterranean climates, since that seems to be the most similar Earth parallel for where my clan lives ^^
@Hyracia

Our clan is located on the Northern Coast, which gives us milder weather, as well as more access to water. The ground is dry and ashy, but it has a lot of nutrients from the volcanic activity. The biggest barrier to keeping the plants alive is the lack of moisture and the oppressive heat. That's why it's so vital to develop drought tolerant and heat resistant crops, because if they can't handle the heat, they'll die! In addition, that's why the clan is building reservoirs, both for fish and for fresh water. The climate doesn't have the traditional four seasons, instead it was the wet and dry seasons. The wet season has violent rainstorms at least once a week, while the dry season has not a single drop of water for months. The idea is to capture and store the storm water from the wet season, and use it during the dry season.

I based the climate and environment on Mediterranean climates, since that seems to be the most similar Earth parallel for where my clan lives ^^
s8KEi1n.gifNqbkZk3.gifvTYlGZk.gif
@apis wow, very comprehensive worldbuilding! I like it! Keeping plants and fish alive in that sort of climate would definitely be a challenge, and reservoirs seem like a great solution. Have you looked into aquaponic setups? That could be a neat way to combine the two, and allow your clan access to plants it would be counterproductive to grow in soil because of the water requirements.

Unconventional seasonality is such a fun concept to work with! Since I'm way down in the polar regions, we basically have everything frozen and consistent for 3/4 of the year (with varying hours of sunlight) and then in the summer everything melts and grows like mad, and all the dragons are miserable because the caverns leak + everything outside is muddy and buggy and unstable.
@apis wow, very comprehensive worldbuilding! I like it! Keeping plants and fish alive in that sort of climate would definitely be a challenge, and reservoirs seem like a great solution. Have you looked into aquaponic setups? That could be a neat way to combine the two, and allow your clan access to plants it would be counterproductive to grow in soil because of the water requirements.

Unconventional seasonality is such a fun concept to work with! Since I'm way down in the polar regions, we basically have everything frozen and consistent for 3/4 of the year (with varying hours of sunlight) and then in the summer everything melts and grows like mad, and all the dragons are miserable because the caverns leak + everything outside is muddy and buggy and unstable.