Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [FlameForger Event] Mather`s Lost Design
1 2 3 4 5
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/VZsTiio.png[/img][/center] [color=#DF7401] As you walk your usual way, you find something…unusual today. A little stand made of wood its cutting your path with lots of drawings and art supplies that reminds you to the events usually made for hatchings who like to color. However as you approach, you notice the drawings have numbers and there are objects that are clearly not to draw: fabric, measuring tapes, scissors. What is this all about? As a little crowd approach, a fire sprite finally shows up, sparkling brightly with oranges and red.[/color] [columns] [item=Fire Sprite][nextcol][color=B40404]Welcome curious dragons! As many of you already know, The Flameforger Festival its approaching and all the dragons from the Ashfall Waste have been working hard this last months to crate a celebration you wont forge-t!- she laughs at her own joke – however, being as passionate and hard workers as the fire dragons can be, we may be… have forgotten to call the designer for this year apparel so … [/color][/columns] [color=#DF7401] Suddenly, a pearlcatcher step in. His armor shining bright on the light, surely a fine piece directly from the Furnace itself![/color] [columns][color=B40404]Don’t tell them that! I assure you all, the flameforger has everything under control and Mather has NOT forgotten to call the designer – he continues calmly, regardless to the annoyed look from the familiar - but we thought it would be fun to have you guess what the flamecaller had planned for us this year. Who knows? Maybe we have between us the designer of the gods!- he chuckles, as believing that’s impossible- If you want to participate, just grab a piece of paper, your favorite art supply and… start![/color][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20938471][img]http://i.imgur.com/aIZlZEs.png[/img][/url][/columns] [center][img]http://65.media.tumblr.com/f48d4427337475c93793b461c3397afc/tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_540.png[/img][/center] [color=#B40404] Hello everyone! I hope everyone its as excited as I am for the oncoming flameforger festival! If it wasn’t clear on the intro, [b]this is a drawing contest [/b]where you should draw what you think/imagine/hope it would be the flameforger apparel this year and the one who gets closer, wins! We also have a creative winner choosen by judges so you can go as wil and creative as you want (and thats the fun part, actually) AND, we have a tiny raffle! WOOo Prizes, and drawings and the flameforger! I hope you all have as much fun participating as i had creating this event ^^ [/color]
VZsTiio.png

As you walk your usual way, you find something…unusual today. A little stand made of wood its cutting your path with lots of drawings and art supplies that reminds you to the events usually made for hatchings who like to color. However as you approach, you notice the drawings have numbers and there are objects that are clearly not to draw: fabric, measuring tapes, scissors. What is this all about? As a little crowd approach, a fire sprite finally shows up, sparkling brightly with oranges and red.

Fire Sprite Welcome curious dragons! As many of you already know, The Flameforger Festival its approaching and all the dragons from the Ashfall Waste have been working hard this last months to crate a celebration you wont forge-t!- she laughs at her own joke – however, being as passionate and hard workers as the fire dragons can be, we may be… have forgotten to call the designer for this year apparel so …

Suddenly, a pearlcatcher step in. His armor shining bright on the light, surely a fine piece directly from the Furnace itself!

Don’t tell them that! I assure you all, the flameforger has everything under control and Mather has NOT forgotten to call the designer – he continues calmly, regardless to the annoyed look from the familiar - but we thought it would be fun to have you guess what the flamecaller had planned for us this year. Who knows? Maybe we have between us the designer of the gods!- he chuckles, as believing that’s impossible- If you want to participate, just grab a piece of paper, your favorite art supply and… start! aIZlZEs.png

tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_540.png

Hello everyone! I hope everyone its as excited as I am for the oncoming flameforger festival! If it wasn’t clear on the intro, this is a drawing contest where you should draw what you think/imagine/hope it would be the flameforger apparel this year and the one who gets closer, wins! We also have a creative winner choosen by judges so you can go as wil and creative as you want (and thats the fun part, actually) AND, we have a tiny raffle! WOOo Prizes, and drawings and the flameforger! I hope you all have as much fun participating as i had creating this event ^^

MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/lAIHLIx.png[/img] [b][color=#DF7401]cause we all need them...sometimes[/color][/b][/center] ♦ [color=#B40404]This contest will be open to all flights from from [b]14/08[/b] until [b]21/08[/b] [i] (When the flameforget begins and the official flameforger apparel its shown) [/i][/color] ♦ [color=#B40404]You can submit more than one entry but please select[b] only one for judging[/b][/color] ♦ [color=#B40404] This is only a drawing contest due to how interpretative reading can be when it comes to color and shapes. However, you can choose wherever media you prefer to portray your drawing and add descriptions to it![/color] ♦ [color=#B40404]When drawing the apparel, please draw it being used it by a [b]coalt! [/b]They are Mathers species and excellent models! They will also help me to understand better your idea [i]You can use flight rising base of the coalts (female and male) for this, and If you are a traditional artist, you have the option to print, draw and then scan or take a photo [/i][/color] ♦ [color=#B40404] Please try to post your picture as a picture and not a link, just to make it faster for me ^^U [/color] ♦ [color=#B40404]There is no need to ping me when you submit the drawing, I will be checking the thread regularly. However if you have any question, please ping me so I can help you as fast as I can! [/color] [center][size=5][b][color=#DF7401]Judging and Prizes[/color][/b][/Size][/center] ♦ [color=#B40404] We wont be judging artistic skills but how close you got to the actual apparel! This is a drawing contest yes, but at the same time a guessing game…sort of. [/color] ♦ [color=#B40404]The creative winner will be chosen by judges using a score system of 3. After everyone has done their voting, we will see who gets the higher score and that would be our creative winner [/color] ♦ [color=#B40404] There will be a raffle for all the participants, however both previous winners cannot compete. If for any reasons we have more prizes than participants, the leftovers would go to the raffle or another flameforger event. YEY [/color] [center][size=5][b][color=#DF7401]Helpful Tips[/color][/b][/Size][/center] ♦ [color=#B40404]I suggest you to check the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1940076]Flameforger Skin Submission [/url] to know a little bit more about the fire flight and its aesthetics! ♦ [color=#B40404] Notice that they don’t NEED to be clothing, just apparel. We had fins, horns, creatures and objects in other festivals so get crazy with it! [/color] ♦ [color=#B40404]If It has details you would like to show, close ups are always good![/color] ♦ [color=#B40404] When drawing, please remember that the focus of this contest it’s the clothing, so choose a pose where we can appreciate it.[/color]
lAIHLIx.png
cause we all need them...sometimes

This contest will be open to all flights from from 14/08 until 21/08
(When the flameforget begins and the official flameforger apparel its shown)

You can submit more than one entry but please select only one for judging

This is only a drawing contest due to how interpretative reading can be when it comes to color and shapes. However, you can choose wherever media you prefer to portray your drawing and add descriptions to it!

When drawing the apparel, please draw it being used it by a coalt! They are Mathers species and excellent models! They will also help me to understand better your idea
You can use flight rising base of the coalts (female and male) for this, and If you are a traditional artist, you have the option to print, draw and then scan or take a photo

Please try to post your picture as a picture and not a link, just to make it faster for me ^^U

There is no need to ping me when you submit the drawing, I will be checking the thread regularly. However if you have any question, please ping me so I can help you as fast as I can!
Judging and Prizes

We wont be judging artistic skills but how close you got to the actual apparel! This is a drawing contest yes, but at the same time a guessing game…sort of.

The creative winner will be chosen by judges using a score system of 3. After everyone has done their voting, we will see who gets the higher score and that would be our creative winner

There will be a raffle for all the participants, however both previous winners cannot compete. If for any reasons we have more prizes than participants, the leftovers would go to the raffle or another flameforger event. YEY

Helpful Tips

I suggest you to check the Flameforger Skin Submission to know a little bit more about the fire flight and its aesthetics!

Notice that they don’t NEED to be clothing, just apparel. We had fins, horns, creatures and objects in other festivals so get crazy with it!

If It has details you would like to show, close ups are always good!

When drawing, please remember that the focus of this contest it’s the clothing, so choose a pose where we can appreciate it.
MCXC90a.png

oAk80j4.png
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/TJxQKh2.png[/img][/center] [quote= Mather trusted designer] The main winner of the event, the desing who got closer to the actual appearel for the festival, congratulations! [center][item=Searing Sash][Item=Will o' the Ember] [item=Searing Crown][Item=Black Iron Plates] [item=Infernal Fur Chest] OR [item=Furnace Queen Chest] ( only one, chosen by the winner) [img]http://i.imgur.com/639Qc9s.png[/img] [/center] [/quote] [quote=Spark of Inspiration] You may have not got close enought, but we love it and hope to see something like this in another festival edition! [center][item=Fire Tome][item=Beautiful gander] [Item=searing Emblem] [Item= Vista: Scorched Forest] [item=Infernal Fur Chest] OR [item=Furnace Queen Chest] (whichever was left) [img]http://i.imgur.com/kYuKAsW.png[/img][/center] [/quote] [center][size=5][b][color=#DF7401]Prizes to be raffled between the participants[/color][/b][/Size][/center] [quote= learning about the fire flight] The flameforger its around the corner, learn everything you need about the Ashfall Waste and its habitants! [item=aged tome]x5 [item=fire tome][item=beautiful gander] [/quote] [quote= Life in the Ashfall Waste] Life thrive around here, please give a big applause for the non-dragons who live here! [item=ember mouse][item=Searing Jackalope][item=Sprangyroo][item=Blooming Strangler][item=Nightmare][item=Nochnyr][item=Sickle Kaimatachi][Item=Ancient Fungus] [Item= Fan Scorpion] [item=Black Iron Creeper][item= Sunspot Clouddancer] [item=smoke gyre][item=Red-Breasted Hainu][item=Painted Centaur][Item= Maren Scout] [item=Amber Gulper][item=Granite Thresher] [/quote] [quote= Meet your meal!] While you are here, you should try some of our hot snacks! All of them in x99!* [item=Fire Flower] [item=serpae tetras] [item=firebelly scorpion] [item=Sunspot sparrow] [size=2]*eat carefully, you dont want to burn your tongue! [/quote] [quote= A tiny ember and its guardian] A new life has started, and already have a cute moth-friend! [item=unhatched fire egg][item=cinder mith] [/quote] [quote= blacksmith fashion!] Just to start this festival in style! [item=Iron Filigree Helmet][item=Iron Filigree Breastplate][Item=Iron Filigree Banner][Item=Iron Filigree Wing Guard][item= Iron Filigree Gauntlets][Item=Iron Filigree Boots ][item=Iron Filigree Tail Guard] [/quote] [Quote= glassblower art] Maybe you need something more delicate? We can do that too! [item=teardrop citrine bracelet][Item=teardrop citrine earrings][Item=teardrop citrine necklace][Item=teardrop citrine armlet][Item=teardrop citrine belt][Item=teardrop citrine tail ring][Item=teardrop wing loop][item=teardrop citrine ring][item=teardrop citrine anklet][item=Teardrop Citrine Leg Band][item=Teardrop Citrine pendant] [/quote] [Quote= Prepare to forge those skins!] [Item=Green Goo] x5 [Item= Green Sludge] x4 + ¿? [Item=Green Ooze] x5 [Item=Green Sludge] x4 + ¿? +Whatever extra items needed to forge the skins [/quote] [quote= Forget the skins, get the money!] the materials needed to brew 20 FF currency 5 times! [Item=Grey Slime]x5 [Item=Copper Muck]x5 [/quote] [quote= Small pockets] the materials needed to brew 5 FF currency 10 times! [Item=Yellow Goo],x10 [Item= Yellow Ooze]x10, [Item=Yellow Sludge]x10 [/quote] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/i2QcDvX.png[/img][/center] [center]this badge its for all the participants, hope you have fun![/center] [center][size=5][b][color=#DF7401]Donors and helpers[/color][/b][/Size] @IronPen @apis @Sylkaen @Jotunheiney @PhoenixWarlord [color=#B40404] Thanks you all for making this event possible! Wouldn’t be the same without all your help and support! [/color][/center]
TJxQKh2.png
Mather trusted designer wrote:
The main winner of the event, the desing who got closer to the actual appearel for the festival, congratulations!
Searing Sash Will o' the Ember Searing Crown Black Iron Plates
Infernal Fur Chest OR Furnace Queen Chest
( only one, chosen by the winner)

639Qc9s.png

Spark of Inspiration wrote:
You may have not got close enought, but we love it and hope to see something like this in another festival edition!
Fire Tome Beautiful Gander Searing Emblem Vista: Scorched Forest
Infernal Fur Chest OR Furnace Queen Chest
(whichever was left)

kYuKAsW.png

Prizes to be raffled between the participants
learning about the fire flight wrote:
The flameforger its around the corner, learn everything you need about the Ashfall Waste and its habitants!
Aged Tome x5 Fire Tome Beautiful Gander
Life in the Ashfall Waste wrote:
Life thrive around here, please give a big applause for the non-dragons who live here!
Ember Mouse Searing Jackalope Sprangyroo Blooming Strangler Nightmare Nochnyr Ancient Fungus Fan Scorpion Black Iron Creeper Sunspot Clouddancer Smoke Gyre Red-Breasted Hainu Painted Centaur Maren Scout Amber Gulper Granite Thresher
Meet your meal! wrote:
While you are here, you should try some of our hot snacks! All of them in x99!*
Fire Flower Serpae Tetras Firebelly Scorpion Sunspot Sparrow
*eat carefully, you dont want to burn your tongue!
A tiny ember and its guardian wrote:
A new life has started, and already have a cute moth-friend!
Unhatched Fire Egg Cinder Mith

blacksmith fashion! wrote:
Just to start this festival in style!
Iron Filigree Helmet Iron Filigree Breastplate Iron Filigree Banner Iron Filigree Wing Guard Iron Filigree Gauntlets Iron Filigree Boots Iron Filigree Tail Guard
glassblower art wrote:
Maybe you need something more delicate? We can do that too!
Teardrop Citrine Bracelet Teardrop Citrine Earrings Teardrop Citrine Necklace Teardrop Citrine Armlet Teardrop Citrine Belt Teardrop Citrine Tail Ring Teardrop Citrine Ring Teardrop Citrine Anklet Teardrop Citrine Leg Band Teardrop Citrine Pendant
Prepare to forge those skins! wrote:
Green Goo x5 Green Sludge x4 + ¿?
Green Ooze x5 Green Sludge x4 + ¿?

+Whatever extra items needed to forge the skins
Forget the skins, get the money! wrote:
the materials needed to brew 20 FF currency 5 times!
Grey Slime x5 Copper Muck x5
Small pockets wrote:
the materials needed to brew 5 FF currency 10 times!
Yellow Goo ,x10 Yellow Ooze x10, Yellow Sludge x10

i2QcDvX.png
this badge its for all the participants, hope you have fun!
Donors and helpers
@IronPen @apis @Sylkaen @Jotunheiney @PhoenixWarlord
Thanks you all for making this event possible! Wouldn’t be the same without all your help and support!
MCXC90a.png

oAk80j4.png
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
and just one more
and just one more
MCXC90a.png

oAk80j4.png
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
AAAAND WE ARE OPEN
AAAAND WE ARE OPEN
MCXC90a.png

oAk80j4.png
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
@Hinumi

This is an amazing idea for a contest! :D One quick question: do we need to use specific Coatl colours or can we scry whatever colours we like to draw onto?
@Hinumi

This is an amazing idea for a contest! :D One quick question: do we need to use specific Coatl colours or can we scry whatever colours we like to draw onto?
- Mochi - He/Him - Tired - Pings Are Fine -
I decided to just do both a grey Coatl and a coloured one because why not! :D [img]http://i.imgur.com/VSvWKPK.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/5uO4NZc.png[/img] It's a singed blacksmith's apron! :D It sorta ties in with the Metallurgist's Forgetools... I guess? :D Excited to see what other people think the apparel will be.
I decided to just do both a grey Coatl and a coloured one because why not! :D

VSvWKPK.png
5uO4NZc.png

It's a singed blacksmith's apron! :D It sorta ties in with the Metallurgist's Forgetools... I guess? :D

Excited to see what other people think the apparel will be.
@Himochi sorry for the late reply, of course you can scry whatever colors work for you and that coalt that you used looks amazing! great color/genes combo

Your apron looks really good and its a original choice! I never actually thought of it but surely goes well wth the forgetools and the fire lore! ^^ I also love the black detail on the face!
@Himochi sorry for the late reply, of course you can scry whatever colors work for you and that coalt that you used looks amazing! great color/genes combo

Your apron looks really good and its a original choice! I never actually thought of it but surely goes well wth the forgetools and the fire lore! ^^ I also love the black detail on the face!
MCXC90a.png

oAk80j4.png
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
@Hinumi

Thanks! :D I was struggling for inspiration at first since I wasn't too familiar with all the Fire apparel. (This Flameforger's will be my first!)
So I went and looked at all of the fire apparel and the Forgetools just stood out to me!
@Hinumi

Thanks! :D I was struggling for inspiration at first since I wasn't too familiar with all the Fire apparel. (This Flameforger's will be my first!)
So I went and looked at all of the fire apparel and the Forgetools just stood out to me!
So.. you'll have to bear with my digital art skills but it's meant to be a bellow to assist in providing more airflow for the forge/metalwork:

(Three different coatl examples with the same bellow apparel)
FireBellow_zpsdcztxf0u.png

FireBellow2_zpszpbq6chs.png

FireBellow3_zpsgvmbblhn.png
So.. you'll have to bear with my digital art skills but it's meant to be a bellow to assist in providing more airflow for the forge/metalwork:

(Three different coatl examples with the same bellow apparel)
FireBellow_zpsdcztxf0u.png

FireBellow2_zpszpbq6chs.png

FireBellow3_zpsgvmbblhn.png
85942727.png push hub
1 2 3 4 5