Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Crazy Child's ART DUMP~
1 2
That this is~ XD Hehe I saw some awesome artists doing it so I thougth [i]"EH why not~ ?"[/i] and started my own little Art Dump Thread. This will pretty much contain any picture that is FR Related! Cause duh...FR dragons...FR Thread...XD That means you could likely see: WIPS in various forms (sketches, linearts, half-way finished pictures, etc) as well as "completed" pictures! Some will contain my character Skullette-- since she is indeed a thing in this Universe as well~ This is not her canon Universe, but I do consider her "canon" to my FR Lair, cause after all I used her NAME as my username. XD She is my Clan Leader, hehe~ So you may see her in some of these pictures too! [b]WARNING:[/b] Most of these will be WIPS of pictures I might not ever finish ever. X'D But if they come out well enough, I will still post them here so...Be prepared for LOTS of WIPS when I make them. Now then, let's start off with something simple, but still new to me~ ! [img]https://i.imgur.com/iKhFzj8.jpg[/img] Now this is not my first time drawing one of my draggies, but this [b]IS[/b] my first time trying to draw a Nocturne. This is my first Nocturne-- my precious little Noc baby [u]Forest[/u]~ I love her to bits. XD I am rather happy with how this came out, though I do feel her body is rather...Miss-proportioned (did I spell that right? XD) compared to the rest of her. It still came out DANG good for a first try~ ! Might have one or two more popping up today, but if not expect them tomorrow~ ! I will likely wind up coloring this one...Eventually...|D Toodles~ !
That this is~ XD
Hehe I saw some awesome artists doing it so I thougth "EH why not~ ?" and started my own little Art Dump Thread. This will pretty much contain any picture that is FR Related! Cause duh...FR dragons...FR Thread...XD
That means you could likely see: WIPS in various forms (sketches, linearts, half-way finished pictures, etc) as well as "completed" pictures!
Some will contain my character Skullette-- since she is indeed a thing in this Universe as well~ This is not her canon Universe, but I do consider her "canon" to my FR Lair, cause after all I used her NAME as my username. XD She is my Clan Leader, hehe~ So you may see her in some of these pictures too!

WARNING: Most of these will be WIPS of pictures I might not ever finish ever. X'D But if they come out well enough, I will still post them here so...Be prepared for LOTS of WIPS when I make them.

Now then, let's start off with something simple, but still new to me~ !

iKhFzj8.jpg

Now this is not my first time drawing one of my draggies, but this IS my first time trying to draw a Nocturne. This is my first Nocturne-- my precious little Noc baby Forest~ I love her to bits. XD I am rather happy with how this came out, though I do feel her body is rather...Miss-proportioned (did I spell that right? XD) compared to the rest of her. It still came out DANG good for a first try~ !

Might have one or two more popping up today, but if not expect them tomorrow~ !

I will likely wind up coloring this one...Eventually...|D
Toodles~ !
Oooo, how exciting! :O

I really like how you did the big scale-plates on the neck, and you have such crisp lines too! I always love to see when people can art that way, its so cool~
Oooo, how exciting! :O

I really like how you did the big scale-plates on the neck, and you have such crisp lines too! I always love to see when people can art that way, its so cool~
@Grunwald

*SQUEE* Ah thank you~ ! XD I was trying to make her look as much like a Nocturne straight from FR as possible~
(I am insane with details and my brain DEMANDS that it look as close to the actual picture as possible. I mean I literally could not deal if it was hard for me or others to IMMEDIATELY be able to tell it was a FR Nocturne. XD I an that much of a stickler for detail.)
-- Also, despite me realizing that the "scale plates" on the neck were not actually like that-- they started appearing closer to the back, I had already linearted her head and that upper neck...So yea, they are staying that way. Besides it does look nice~

Hee thank you! I'm almost completely a traditional artist, though recently I have started adding enhanced digital shading-- and sometimes backgrounds, to my traditional work. Usually it is still completely traditional though. Hehe! X3

Two more pics will be appearing today, just in case you wanted to check them out too. XD Thanks for popping in~ !
@Grunwald

*SQUEE* Ah thank you~ ! XD I was trying to make her look as much like a Nocturne straight from FR as possible~
(I am insane with details and my brain DEMANDS that it look as close to the actual picture as possible. I mean I literally could not deal if it was hard for me or others to IMMEDIATELY be able to tell it was a FR Nocturne. XD I an that much of a stickler for detail.)
-- Also, despite me realizing that the "scale plates" on the neck were not actually like that-- they started appearing closer to the back, I had already linearted her head and that upper neck...So yea, they are staying that way. Besides it does look nice~

Hee thank you! I'm almost completely a traditional artist, though recently I have started adding enhanced digital shading-- and sometimes backgrounds, to my traditional work. Usually it is still completely traditional though. Hehe! X3

Two more pics will be appearing today, just in case you wanted to check them out too. XD Thanks for popping in~ !
Gots two more to show here~ [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZzBNMw5.jpg[/img] This first one is officially the first time I [i]ever[/i] tried to draw any of my FR draggies~ ...Heck of a way to try, considering I drew two in one picture, A LONG with other extra things. This shows basically my "Mascots" for my Lair, Cordath and Qizil! This was suppose to be my Header for my first Grab Bag Shop...Turned out I used a Generated "Signature Maker" from someone else instead, cause this wasn't finished by the time I was ready to set up my shop...|D [size=2](BONUS: Qizil is also that cute little Chibi Coatl "sticker" in my signature~ Got it from a really cool artists adopt shop!)[/size] I love how they both came out-- though Qizil is definitely my favorite from this picture~ I'll finish this..! Someday..! ...Maybe...|'D [b]>> HINT:[/b] [i]This ain't never gonna be finished. |'D[/i] [s][img] htt://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b511/skullettez/Skulls%20Clothes%202.0_zpsdlsdxi4c.jpg [/img][/s] THIS is my character and the Leader/Founder of my Lair, Skullette Zamira! She is my little innocent cinammon roll child~ XD This is also her current, updated attire! ...Without color-- I am too lazy to color it right now, but it WILL be done, I promise! |D I do definitely plan on coloring at least the full-body in the bottom of the paper, since that is as accurate as it's going to get without her cloak on. XD Hehe! She is a crazy, adorable little thing, let me tell ya~ [b][i]EDIT:[/i][/b] ....IF YOU COULD SEE HER. >_< [b]*Angrily flails a pencil*[/b] Apparently when photobucket crashed and forced me to use a new image hosting site I was stupid enough not to save this pic somewhere else, so...You no see this one. X'D [b][i]ANOTHER EDIT:[/i][/b] CORDATH IS NO LONGER A THING. X'D Sadly I wound up exchanging a lot of my dergs, but I still have Qizil! I think officailly, Qizil and one other Coatl are gonna be my actual Lair mascots. That is kinda just how it's wound up. Both my Coatl boys are pretty tho~ . . . Also "Skullette/Avalyn" is also no longer a thing for my FR Clan. The Clan Founder is now a kind of "FR Remake" who I named Everra~
Gots two more to show here~

ZzBNMw5.jpg

This first one is officially the first time I ever tried to draw any of my FR draggies~ ...Heck of a way to try, considering I drew two in one picture, A LONG with other extra things.
This shows basically my "Mascots" for my Lair, Cordath and Qizil! This was suppose to be my Header for my first Grab Bag Shop...Turned out I used a Generated "Signature Maker" from someone else instead, cause this wasn't finished by the time I was ready to set up my shop...|D
(BONUS: Qizil is also that cute little Chibi Coatl "sticker" in my signature~ Got it from a really cool artists adopt shop!)
I love how they both came out-- though Qizil is definitely my favorite from this picture~

I'll finish this..! Someday..! ...Maybe...|'D

>> HINT: This ain't never gonna be finished. |'D

[img]htt://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b511/skullettez/Skulls%20Clothes%202.0_zpsdlsdxi4c.jpg[/img]

THIS is my character and the Leader/Founder of my Lair, Skullette Zamira! She is my little innocent cinammon roll child~ XD
This is also her current, updated attire! ...Without color-- I am too lazy to color it right now, but it WILL be done, I promise! |D I do definitely plan on coloring at least the full-body in the bottom of the paper, since that is as accurate as it's going to get without her cloak on. XD Hehe!

She is a crazy, adorable little thing, let me tell ya~

EDIT: ....IF YOU COULD SEE HER. >_< *Angrily flails a pencil* Apparently when photobucket crashed and forced me to use a new image hosting site I was stupid enough not to save this pic somewhere else, so...You no see this one. X'D

ANOTHER EDIT: CORDATH IS NO LONGER A THING. X'D Sadly I wound up exchanging a lot of my dergs, but I still have Qizil! I think officailly, Qizil and one other Coatl are gonna be my actual Lair mascots. That is kinda just how it's wound up. Both my Coatl boys are pretty tho~

. . . Also "Skullette/Avalyn" is also no longer a thing for my FR Clan.
The Clan Founder is now a kind of "FR Remake" who I named Everra~
Got another WIP picture up~ This time it's of one of my newest babies~ ! My handsome Spiral boy now named Cassius~ He is quickly becoming one of my new favorites~ Along with Kautius, he will be getting decked out in proper apparel and given a nice Bio~ [i]Haaaaa why is my need to draw most proactive when it's late at night-- when I should be sleeping? Ehehahaaa the wonders of being an artist.[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vYJOv2H.jpg[/img] I will likely post "progression" pics of this one, since I know for a fact I will be finishing this lineart and coloring it. Dis be when the freshly arrived Spiral officially met and "investigated" little Skully after he was brought back to the lair~ Hehe he is quite confused/interested in his new, tiny little odd Clan Leader~
Got another WIP picture up~ This time it's of one of my newest babies~ ! My handsome Spiral boy now named Cassius~
He is quickly becoming one of my new favorites~ Along with Kautius, he will be getting decked out in proper apparel and given a nice Bio~

Haaaaa why is my need to draw most proactive when it's late at night-- when I should be sleeping? Ehehahaaa the wonders of being an artist.

vYJOv2H.jpg

I will likely post "progression" pics of this one, since I know for a fact I will be finishing this lineart and coloring it.
Dis be when the freshly arrived Spiral officially met and "investigated" little Skully after he was brought back to the lair~ Hehe he is quite confused/interested in his new, tiny little odd Clan Leader~
[size=4][b]UPDATE ON THE ABOVE PICTURE![/b][/size] It's more like a slight-progression, but now Cassius is basically colored~ ! X3 I am quite proud of it, hehe~ Even the Glimmer! ...I did not now how to color the Glimmer Gene with colored pencils. |D SO I just did the clasic "rough-color-in-with-fade" and it turned out that worked pretty well for Glimmer. X3 Now I just gotta color in little Skully, plop it in GIMP for some extra shading, and MAYBE add a simple little background...Maybe. |D [img]https://i.imgur.com/TavLT7f.jpg[/img]
UPDATE ON THE ABOVE PICTURE!

It's more like a slight-progression, but now Cassius is basically colored~ ! X3 I am quite proud of it, hehe~ Even the Glimmer!
...I did not now how to color the Glimmer Gene with colored pencils. |D
SO I just did the clasic "rough-color-in-with-fade" and it turned out that worked pretty well for Glimmer. X3

Now I just gotta color in little Skully, plop it in GIMP for some extra shading, and MAYBE add a simple little background...Maybe. |D

TavLT7f.jpg
Dropping this here to prove this is still a thing I do. XD VERY beginning-stage sketchy, but it's not the only one, so...X'D [b][i]*Shamefully starts more pictures than I will ever finish*[/i][/b] Nkay buy~ ! [img]https://i.imgur.com/xb67xo6.jpg[/img]
Dropping this here to prove this is still a thing I do. XD

VERY beginning-stage sketchy, but it's not the only one, so...X'D
*Shamefully starts more pictures than I will ever finish*

Nkay buy~ !

xb67xo6.jpg
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/eUp4rYx.jpg[/img][/center] The finished product~ ! Cassius is still my absolute favorite part of this whole picture, but Skully's dress did come out pretty nice too~ Also bonus points for dropping it here at [i]1:30 AM when I should rather be sleeping cause what is sleep?[/i] Tootles~
eUp4rYx.jpg

The finished product~ ! Cassius is still my absolute favorite part of this whole picture, but Skully's dress did come out pretty nice too~

Also bonus points for dropping it here at 1:30 AM when I should rather be sleeping cause what is sleep?

Tootles~
Been a while since I updated this, so here: Have a Skullette picture! X3 A simple little cute one I managed to do in between the insanity of my life. XD [img]http://i.imgur.com/RUNnOqs.jpg[/img]
Been a while since I updated this, so here: Have a Skullette picture! X3
A simple little cute one I managed to do in between the insanity of my life. XD

RUNnOqs.jpg
Hey look I'm alive still and so is this thread! XD Been a while since I drew one of my FR babies. I've BEEN drawing a lot but not these draggies, so decided to change that! For this I went with one of my pretty boys-- currently the ONLY permanent Fae in my Lair, Quincle! Dis be a WIP of course-- I do plan on coloring him in pretty soon though so expect a finished product of this eventually! [img]https://i.imgur.com/p0xm1Lh.jpg[/img]
Hey look I'm alive still and so is this thread! XD

Been a while since I drew one of my FR babies. I've BEEN drawing a lot but not these draggies, so decided to change that! For this I went with one of my pretty boys-- currently the ONLY permanent Fae in my Lair, Quincle!

Dis be a WIP of course-- I do plan on coloring him in pretty soon though so expect a finished product of this eventually!

p0xm1Lh.jpg
1 2