Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Clan Lore] Library of the Keep
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Triptune

Hey, no problem! Take your time! c:

The Thread is officially done. Now I have to write the first one-shot...
@Triptune

Hey, no problem! Take your time! c:

The Thread is officially done. Now I have to write the first one-shot...
92bcc7d7d689fe286303c49e683f598a68d2fe58.png
@Triptune @Recko

Hey friendos, I hate to ping you about this again, but do either of you have anything started? If not, I'll just throw a little something together. I'm asking bc I'm finishing the thread so I can post the first one-shot in a couple days and I'd like to have those posts done if possible! Sorry for bugging you again!
@Triptune @Recko

Hey friendos, I hate to ping you about this again, but do either of you have anything started? If not, I'll just throw a little something together. I'm asking bc I'm finishing the thread so I can post the first one-shot in a couple days and I'd like to have those posts done if possible! Sorry for bugging you again!
Lore:
The Aster Company is a strange amalgamation of scientists, engineers, and... warriors? Yes, warriors. Aster Company doesn't seem to fit much of anywhere (though they stick with Lightning because of capitalist gains) as their hearts (generally) lie in the stars, their heads lie in the books, and their claws are bent on conquest.

Dragons of Note:
Teslan: The "Official Leader"
Tanwar: Actual Leader
Badameff: General
Faraday: Head Scientist and Astrophysicist

SORRY IT TOOK THIS LONG
Lore:
The Aster Company is a strange amalgamation of scientists, engineers, and... warriors? Yes, warriors. Aster Company doesn't seem to fit much of anywhere (though they stick with Lightning because of capitalist gains) as their hearts (generally) lie in the stars, their heads lie in the books, and their claws are bent on conquest.

Dragons of Note:
Teslan: The "Official Leader"
Tanwar: Actual Leader
Badameff: General
Faraday: Head Scientist and Astrophysicist

SORRY IT TOOK THIS LONG
ZgkqbaK.png
@Recko

No problem, I have added it!

Oh yeah, if anyone ever wants updates to their post, just pm me with any changes and I can take care of it! c:
@Recko

No problem, I have added it!

Oh yeah, if anyone ever wants updates to their post, just pm me with any changes and I can take care of it! c:
@Tarble

GUESS WHO'S A DINGUS THAT'S RIGHT IT'S ME

Lore: The Guild of the Crossgale is a wandering group of dragons with a desire for adventure and little more on their mind than making their mark on Sornieth. They'll take in any dragon who decides to tag along. The more, the merrier, right? Despite having no connection to the land, the clan wanders in search of a permanent home and the treasures of hearsay--the more improbable, the more likely they are to seek it out.

Dragons of Note:
Guildmasters: Oswid and Tuine
Bard/Storyteller: Aure
Archaeologist: Lascaux
Harbinger: Echelon
"Former" Berserker: Equinox
Envoy of the Keep: Tart

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm sorry I took so long fren! OH ALSO could you add me to the pinglist? :>

@Tarble

GUESS WHO'S A DINGUS THAT'S RIGHT IT'S ME

Lore: The Guild of the Crossgale is a wandering group of dragons with a desire for adventure and little more on their mind than making their mark on Sornieth. They'll take in any dragon who decides to tag along. The more, the merrier, right? Despite having no connection to the land, the clan wanders in search of a permanent home and the treasures of hearsay--the more improbable, the more likely they are to seek it out.

Dragons of Note:
Guildmasters: Oswid and Tuine
Bard/Storyteller: Aure
Archaeologist: Lascaux
Harbinger: Echelon
"Former" Berserker: Equinox
Envoy of the Keep: Tart

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm sorry I took so long fren! OH ALSO could you add me to the pinglist? :>

ZWfEwl7.png
But perhaps victory is in the smaller things that you've long forgotten.

If you wanna get my attention, please feel free to ping me!
"I hate sand. Sand is the worst." A few paces ahead of the dark wildclaw, the equally dark tundra was slogging through the wet sands, complaining, as seemed to be his wont as of late. Nyx huffed and stepped around him, ignoring how the socks over her boots were getting wet and making faint squishing sounds as they slipped below her clawed toes.

"Maybe if you'd thought to join the ocean a bit further north or waited to come onto the sands until after we'd passed where we need to be, you wouldn't be having this problem." She observed, shooting him a white eyed look of distaste.
"I hate sand. Sand is the worst." A few paces ahead of the dark wildclaw, the equally dark tundra was slogging through the wet sands, complaining, as seemed to be his wont as of late. Nyx huffed and stepped around him, ignoring how the socks over her boots were getting wet and making faint squishing sounds as they slipped below her clawed toes.

"Maybe if you'd thought to join the ocean a bit further north or waited to come onto the sands until after we'd passed where we need to be, you wouldn't be having this problem." She observed, shooting him a white eyed look of distaste.
@Triptune

Take to the Sky ::
Featuring Arcturus

Another long day had gone by in the Icefields for the Wolf Pack. At first light, the four young warriors had exited the Keep into sometime of a cloudy day, scattered flakes drifting to rest on their scales. lazily turning back to water and rolling off, and melting clumps into the imperial's fur. Pollux was utterly unbothered, likely because his mane was alight with fire as it oft was, and he was the first to extend his leathery wings and shoot up into the sky. Rigel was next, arcane nature adapting quicker than her mate's nature core, waiting a few yards from the other imperial as the two waited. Arcturus finally lazily extended his own wings and joined them in the sky, Lionheart only following once her pack was in the air.

After that, they had combed the air around the Keep in growing circles, attacking beasts getting too close to their borders and chasing off outsiders who appeared devious- though Pollux another of his typical fashions mistook a poor merchant for an assailant in his battle-fever and had to be stopped. Arcturus now nursed a few scratches in his taken before he could stop the other imperial- Pollux was longer than he, but Arcturus had a slight bigger wingspan and an ever so slight weight advantage, and managed to rein the berserker back in. The day had gone on, battle, miss, battle, miss, lunch, battle, battle, battle…

It just another day in the life of the Wolf Pack. Only this day had cleared up, an odd thing in the crags as it was usually at least always misting in the lower valleys and peaks, and so they had taken to soaring up to greet the sun- they were not the only warriors out, after all, as Nyx had planned a training expedition with the newest batch of exaltees preparing to go serve the Icewarden. It was relaxing to simply glide along the currents and close one’s eyes. The Keep was removed enough from other clans that accidently flying into anyone besides one of your teammates wasn’t really a concern.

And following the hours of goofing off, they’d returned home. Lionheart had led the way back into the Keep in a hurry, wanting to try and sneak into the hot springs without being caught by the pirates now residing there- her reasoning being that if she came in alone, they might not be expecting her as she’d be without her pack alongside. Pollux had been next inside with Rigel on his heels, both heading for the storerooms to get some food and then some rest. Arcturus was the last to light on the soft earth that lead to the stone pathway spiraling away to the entrance, and he cared less to gaze on the opening of his home, rather focusing his deep green eyes on a batch of fledglings.

Kelpie seemed to have brought the little ones outside to stretch their wings since the skies were calm and the breeze gentle, and so in a patch of grass a few dragon-lengths away, the babies played and flapped and hopped, some with more success at catching the wind than others. And away from the main group, sitting alone on a rock and watching with lowered shoulders and a curled up tail, sat a small Snapper fledgling. Arcturus frowned and made his way over, recognizing the young one as one Nike had found on a return voyage from chasing storms across the sea. He lowered his head, trying not to scare the fledgling, and let out a greeting rumble.

The fledgling started immediately and stared up at the far larger imperial with wide and honestly terrified eyes. She recognized him as one of the members of the Wolf Pack, and most of the adults who visited said they were just as dangerous as pirates. But looking hurriedly and panickedly back to Kelpie, the Nocturne seemed unconcerned and even a little amused by the Imperial. So she managed to raise her eyes back up to Arcturus’s, ice meeting nature. She gulped. “U-Um, hi there, mister Arcturus…”

He let out another rumbling, but this one was laughter and he gave a smile. “Hello there, little one. Why are you not playing with the others?” The snapper gained a crestfallen look and quickly looked down at her paws, teeny tail wrapping around her side.

“Snappers can’t fly.” She mumbled, and Arcturus quickly saw through to the root of the problem. The thing the other fledglings all had in common- practicing their flight techniques- was something that the small Snapper could never hope to join in with. Arcturus did not know what that felt like, though he knew the feel of loneliness coming from others being scared of him, and quickly decided that while he could not rectify this problem, he could do something at least to lift the child’s spirits. Giving Kelpie a quick look- he doubted she could, or would stop him from pulling the stunt he had in mind- he then leaned closer to the fledgling, giving a conspiratorial grin.

“Snappers can too fly.” Arcturus declared, removing his helmet in a swift movement and dropping it to the soft earth, he shoved his nose under the child so that she now rested on his muzzle, and he unfolded his leathery wings and launched himself into the air, ignoring the sudden and angry noises of the nocturne that he left behind. The Snapper squealed at the sudden rush of air past her as he rose, and she smashed herself as much into his facial plates and nose as she could.

Finally, he hit a comfortable crushing altitude and leveled off, deciding to coax the small into letting go of the sides of his muzzle. “Little one, I’m not going to hurt you… you can let go now. I will not let you fall.” After some minutes of coaxing, she finally did, and he was rewarded with a gasp as she looked down one side of his nose. And promptly was blown into his eyes as her wings opened. Arcturus just kept flapping and coaxing until she was once again standing upright, now drifting a few meters above his nose, gliding in the strong wind with Arcturus to catch her. Up here, Arcturus thought, most anything could fly- at least a little.

The teeny Snapper and the giant Imperial stayed up until supper time rolled around, at which point Arcturus had been expecting Kelpie to have sent an army after him- or at least Sorbet- and when the two landed back at the front of the lair, Snapper squealing as the air rushed by, Kelpie was waiting for them at least with a sour look and the clan leader at her heels. The tundra gave Arcturus a curious look, and he sheepishly lowered his face so the fledgling could get off. Kelpie snatched her up to look her over and herded her back inside- but not before the snapper could call back, “Thanks, mister Arcturus!”

Nike gave Arcturus another look, but then she smiled. “Well, no harm done, it seems… Though you should have sympathy for poor Loch’s ears. Kelpie is patient yes, but you should not mess with those in her care…” Arcturus gave a cautious laugh, and then followed Nike back within the Keep as she switched topics to his report of their findings and battles.

Just another long day for the Wolf Pack.
@Triptune

Take to the Sky ::
Featuring Arcturus

Another long day had gone by in the Icefields for the Wolf Pack. At first light, the four young warriors had exited the Keep into sometime of a cloudy day, scattered flakes drifting to rest on their scales. lazily turning back to water and rolling off, and melting clumps into the imperial's fur. Pollux was utterly unbothered, likely because his mane was alight with fire as it oft was, and he was the first to extend his leathery wings and shoot up into the sky. Rigel was next, arcane nature adapting quicker than her mate's nature core, waiting a few yards from the other imperial as the two waited. Arcturus finally lazily extended his own wings and joined them in the sky, Lionheart only following once her pack was in the air.

After that, they had combed the air around the Keep in growing circles, attacking beasts getting too close to their borders and chasing off outsiders who appeared devious- though Pollux another of his typical fashions mistook a poor merchant for an assailant in his battle-fever and had to be stopped. Arcturus now nursed a few scratches in his taken before he could stop the other imperial- Pollux was longer than he, but Arcturus had a slight bigger wingspan and an ever so slight weight advantage, and managed to rein the berserker back in. The day had gone on, battle, miss, battle, miss, lunch, battle, battle, battle…

It just another day in the life of the Wolf Pack. Only this day had cleared up, an odd thing in the crags as it was usually at least always misting in the lower valleys and peaks, and so they had taken to soaring up to greet the sun- they were not the only warriors out, after all, as Nyx had planned a training expedition with the newest batch of exaltees preparing to go serve the Icewarden. It was relaxing to simply glide along the currents and close one’s eyes. The Keep was removed enough from other clans that accidently flying into anyone besides one of your teammates wasn’t really a concern.

And following the hours of goofing off, they’d returned home. Lionheart had led the way back into the Keep in a hurry, wanting to try and sneak into the hot springs without being caught by the pirates now residing there- her reasoning being that if she came in alone, they might not be expecting her as she’d be without her pack alongside. Pollux had been next inside with Rigel on his heels, both heading for the storerooms to get some food and then some rest. Arcturus was the last to light on the soft earth that lead to the stone pathway spiraling away to the entrance, and he cared less to gaze on the opening of his home, rather focusing his deep green eyes on a batch of fledglings.

Kelpie seemed to have brought the little ones outside to stretch their wings since the skies were calm and the breeze gentle, and so in a patch of grass a few dragon-lengths away, the babies played and flapped and hopped, some with more success at catching the wind than others. And away from the main group, sitting alone on a rock and watching with lowered shoulders and a curled up tail, sat a small Snapper fledgling. Arcturus frowned and made his way over, recognizing the young one as one Nike had found on a return voyage from chasing storms across the sea. He lowered his head, trying not to scare the fledgling, and let out a greeting rumble.

The fledgling started immediately and stared up at the far larger imperial with wide and honestly terrified eyes. She recognized him as one of the members of the Wolf Pack, and most of the adults who visited said they were just as dangerous as pirates. But looking hurriedly and panickedly back to Kelpie, the Nocturne seemed unconcerned and even a little amused by the Imperial. So she managed to raise her eyes back up to Arcturus’s, ice meeting nature. She gulped. “U-Um, hi there, mister Arcturus…”

He let out another rumbling, but this one was laughter and he gave a smile. “Hello there, little one. Why are you not playing with the others?” The snapper gained a crestfallen look and quickly looked down at her paws, teeny tail wrapping around her side.

“Snappers can’t fly.” She mumbled, and Arcturus quickly saw through to the root of the problem. The thing the other fledglings all had in common- practicing their flight techniques- was something that the small Snapper could never hope to join in with. Arcturus did not know what that felt like, though he knew the feel of loneliness coming from others being scared of him, and quickly decided that while he could not rectify this problem, he could do something at least to lift the child’s spirits. Giving Kelpie a quick look- he doubted she could, or would stop him from pulling the stunt he had in mind- he then leaned closer to the fledgling, giving a conspiratorial grin.

“Snappers can too fly.” Arcturus declared, removing his helmet in a swift movement and dropping it to the soft earth, he shoved his nose under the child so that she now rested on his muzzle, and he unfolded his leathery wings and launched himself into the air, ignoring the sudden and angry noises of the nocturne that he left behind. The Snapper squealed at the sudden rush of air past her as he rose, and she smashed herself as much into his facial plates and nose as she could.

Finally, he hit a comfortable crushing altitude and leveled off, deciding to coax the small into letting go of the sides of his muzzle. “Little one, I’m not going to hurt you… you can let go now. I will not let you fall.” After some minutes of coaxing, she finally did, and he was rewarded with a gasp as she looked down one side of his nose. And promptly was blown into his eyes as her wings opened. Arcturus just kept flapping and coaxing until she was once again standing upright, now drifting a few meters above his nose, gliding in the strong wind with Arcturus to catch her. Up here, Arcturus thought, most anything could fly- at least a little.

The teeny Snapper and the giant Imperial stayed up until supper time rolled around, at which point Arcturus had been expecting Kelpie to have sent an army after him- or at least Sorbet- and when the two landed back at the front of the lair, Snapper squealing as the air rushed by, Kelpie was waiting for them at least with a sour look and the clan leader at her heels. The tundra gave Arcturus a curious look, and he sheepishly lowered his face so the fledgling could get off. Kelpie snatched her up to look her over and herded her back inside- but not before the snapper could call back, “Thanks, mister Arcturus!”

Nike gave Arcturus another look, but then she smiled. “Well, no harm done, it seems… Though you should have sympathy for poor Loch’s ears. Kelpie is patient yes, but you should not mess with those in her care…” Arcturus gave a cautious laugh, and then followed Nike back within the Keep as she switched topics to his report of their findings and battles.

Just another long day for the Wolf Pack.
@Triptune @TheSabreImperium

An Imperial Visit ~ One of ???? ::
Featuring ????????

Hey guys, and welcome to a multi-one-shot event centering around the Visit of some of Sabre's dragons! It will primarily feature Jules and Brutus, with some fun cameos by other dragons and more frequent Nameless and Forge. This is the introductory piece; I hope everyone enjoys this event of sorts! c:

"But- Dad!" It was morning in the Keep, and already, the bustle of the Clan was echoing through the caves- but this was no ordinary bustle. A delegation from the Imperium was coming today for a short stay, and every caste of the Keep dragons was working from the early morning hours to make sure all preparations were finalized for their arrival. And for the Guardian, that meant that he was getting reassigned, much to his chagrin. The Envoy lazily flapped his wings and disinterestedly followed the two tundras as they bickered. "Dad, if I'm watching... Brutus, then who's going to be taking care of Alabaster?"

"I can take care of myself just fine, thank you!" The white nocturne turned his blank eyes forwards and huffed. So he was paying attention after all, the elder tundra mused as he prepared his rebuttal, hoping his eldest and only son would give it a rest.

"Alabaster is right, he is more than capable of taking care of himself for a few days." Sev flicked an ear and then stopped the small procession, turning to look at Nameless with serious and imploring eyes. "Please, Nameless, I need you to do this. Nyx is handling all the training of the fledglings this week, and I can't leave the Emperor with the Wolf Pack. Arcturus is alright, but once you involve one, you involve them all... and Starsword isn't... Well, she isn't an option. Nor is Heatherknell or Mantis. You are the only qualified dragon we have. Please, if not for me as your commander, do it for your mother. We need this to go well."

The white-clad tundra finally caved, sighing and bowing his head. "Alright father, I will do what you ask."
---

On the other side of the Keep, a small fae sitting in his sap decorated cave was excitedly picking things out of the various trays and bins of his home- bubble wands, chimes, crowns of flowers- and placing them into a small bag. "I can't believe it, Forge, a real visitor! I'm going to see a visitor!"

The spiral chuckled and gave a small smile. "Visitors can be fun, Jules," Forge still thought of his friend Yuuto who had visited the Keep long before, "But this one is a little different. It's the Emperor from the Imperium- and from what I hear, he's never been out in public, let alone outside their territories. When Mantis came to pick up her helmet yesterday, she said Nameless was even pulled off his post to guard the Emperor when he arrives."

Jules just gave a hum. "Well, all the more reason for me to see him, then! And maybe I can get Nameless to let me show him around!"

Forge gave a skeptical tilt of the head. "Hmm, I don't know about that... But feel welcome to try I suppose!"
---

All the dragons that dwelt within the Keep- everyone from Nike and Sev to the pirate dragons who unofficially lived in the hot springs- turned up at the entrance to see the three dragons making their way to the Keep, Wolf Pack making a decent pace at a distance around them. Jules felt a pang of sympathy- it looked like they'd been out hunting and run across dragons instead. But the two wildclaws appeared unworried- and at a closer glance it was easy to see why- it was Tarja and Peridot!

Chivarly and Terriell immediately broke off from the group to great their daughter, the bosun looking over his daughter and the yellow clad mother excitedly booping her nose. Tarja was met with Lionheart who pounced out of a snow drift and let out a roar of sorts before being tackled by Pollux, and then Rigel and Arcturus.

And in the middle, a small fae flapping delicate red wings looked absolutely helpless and terrified of the four dragons now tangling in the snow. Nike strode out to great them, and as the crowd dissolved to return to work, Jules remained. He would wait. And then he'd make a friend out of that Emperor!
@Triptune @TheSabreImperium

An Imperial Visit ~ One of ???? ::
Featuring ????????

Hey guys, and welcome to a multi-one-shot event centering around the Visit of some of Sabre's dragons! It will primarily feature Jules and Brutus, with some fun cameos by other dragons and more frequent Nameless and Forge. This is the introductory piece; I hope everyone enjoys this event of sorts! c:

"But- Dad!" It was morning in the Keep, and already, the bustle of the Clan was echoing through the caves- but this was no ordinary bustle. A delegation from the Imperium was coming today for a short stay, and every caste of the Keep dragons was working from the early morning hours to make sure all preparations were finalized for their arrival. And for the Guardian, that meant that he was getting reassigned, much to his chagrin. The Envoy lazily flapped his wings and disinterestedly followed the two tundras as they bickered. "Dad, if I'm watching... Brutus, then who's going to be taking care of Alabaster?"

"I can take care of myself just fine, thank you!" The white nocturne turned his blank eyes forwards and huffed. So he was paying attention after all, the elder tundra mused as he prepared his rebuttal, hoping his eldest and only son would give it a rest.

"Alabaster is right, he is more than capable of taking care of himself for a few days." Sev flicked an ear and then stopped the small procession, turning to look at Nameless with serious and imploring eyes. "Please, Nameless, I need you to do this. Nyx is handling all the training of the fledglings this week, and I can't leave the Emperor with the Wolf Pack. Arcturus is alright, but once you involve one, you involve them all... and Starsword isn't... Well, she isn't an option. Nor is Heatherknell or Mantis. You are the only qualified dragon we have. Please, if not for me as your commander, do it for your mother. We need this to go well."

The white-clad tundra finally caved, sighing and bowing his head. "Alright father, I will do what you ask."
---

On the other side of the Keep, a small fae sitting in his sap decorated cave was excitedly picking things out of the various trays and bins of his home- bubble wands, chimes, crowns of flowers- and placing them into a small bag. "I can't believe it, Forge, a real visitor! I'm going to see a visitor!"

The spiral chuckled and gave a small smile. "Visitors can be fun, Jules," Forge still thought of his friend Yuuto who had visited the Keep long before, "But this one is a little different. It's the Emperor from the Imperium- and from what I hear, he's never been out in public, let alone outside their territories. When Mantis came to pick up her helmet yesterday, she said Nameless was even pulled off his post to guard the Emperor when he arrives."

Jules just gave a hum. "Well, all the more reason for me to see him, then! And maybe I can get Nameless to let me show him around!"

Forge gave a skeptical tilt of the head. "Hmm, I don't know about that... But feel welcome to try I suppose!"
---

All the dragons that dwelt within the Keep- everyone from Nike and Sev to the pirate dragons who unofficially lived in the hot springs- turned up at the entrance to see the three dragons making their way to the Keep, Wolf Pack making a decent pace at a distance around them. Jules felt a pang of sympathy- it looked like they'd been out hunting and run across dragons instead. But the two wildclaws appeared unworried- and at a closer glance it was easy to see why- it was Tarja and Peridot!

Chivarly and Terriell immediately broke off from the group to great their daughter, the bosun looking over his daughter and the yellow clad mother excitedly booping her nose. Tarja was met with Lionheart who pounced out of a snow drift and let out a roar of sorts before being tackled by Pollux, and then Rigel and Arcturus.

And in the middle, a small fae flapping delicate red wings looked absolutely helpless and terrified of the four dragons now tangling in the snow. Nike strode out to great them, and as the crowd dissolved to return to work, Jules remained. He would wait. And then he'd make a friend out of that Emperor!
@Tarble oHHhHhHh my gosh I can't stop smiling ; u ; I love it and your writing style's so great...I didn't know you had a pinglist! Please add me o;
@Tarble oHHhHhHh my gosh I can't stop smiling ; u ; I love it and your writing style's so great...I didn't know you had a pinglist! Please add me o;
lIF7tSw.png ...........................................he/him » eng/no » frt + 9 » wishlist
@TheSabreImperium

aaaaahhhh thank frien! ;v; you're added!
@TheSabreImperium

aaaaahhhh thank frien! ;v; you're added!
1 2 3 4 5 6