Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 66 67
@Alexandor

I've noticed everyone coloring the pupil but I think either works (I'm still a bit upset they aren't answering some simple questions we all have.) I say make a file with color and uncolored pupil just in case! As for your design this is one I saw on the other post and I absolutely adore it! I think the details you did will look good when the file is shrunk and doesn't seem too busy to me. Excellent work :) and good luck!
@Alexandor

I've noticed everyone coloring the pupil but I think either works (I'm still a bit upset they aren't answering some simple questions we all have.) I say make a file with color and uncolored pupil just in case! As for your design this is one I saw on the other post and I absolutely adore it! I think the details you did will look good when the file is shrunk and doesn't seem too busy to me. Excellent work :) and good luck!
kghXjOr.png
@Voltaic I love your peacock Peryton! It just keeps getting better ^^

@Winterferns Your hainu is gorgious! ;D Love the subtle feel to it ^^

So many awesome entries!

I also got inspired by peacock and the hardest part for me was to get the rhythm of the brown wing and leg parts correct.

20tqn43.png

EDIT: with flat eyes.

262wt3t.png

EDIT: Removed all that strong brush work...felt like sawing off a leg...

168hcg4.png
@Voltaic I love your peacock Peryton! It just keeps getting better ^^

@Winterferns Your hainu is gorgious! ;D Love the subtle feel to it ^^

So many awesome entries!

I also got inspired by peacock and the hardest part for me was to get the rhythm of the brown wing and leg parts correct.

20tqn43.png

EDIT: with flat eyes.

262wt3t.png

EDIT: Removed all that strong brush work...felt like sawing off a leg...

168hcg4.png
oOhOSVC.png Link to my Art Corner
Link to my Flight Rising Comic Strips
@coldfire3

I'll probably post two versions, then! c: And thank you, glad you like it!
@coldfire3

I'll probably post two versions, then! c: And thank you, glad you like it!
@Kogosama
Wow, yours looks amazing!! Interesting how the whole peacock theme can go very different ways.
@Kogosama
Wow, yours looks amazing!! Interesting how the whole peacock theme can go very different ways.
@Voltaic Thank you <3 Yeah well, if you ask a bunch of people to draw a tree there won't be any identical twins so to say :D Which is a good thing :3

Wait are the pupils and shines a no go? Because the example bunny has both in it's eyes <.<
@Voltaic Thank you <3 Yeah well, if you ask a bunch of people to draw a tree there won't be any identical twins so to say :D Which is a good thing :3

Wait are the pupils and shines a no go? Because the example bunny has both in it's eyes <.<
@Kogosama

You can see lines outlining the pupil and shine in the example bunny. If they allowed pupils on the perytons, then there'd be one with a pupil in one place/with one shape, and one with a pupil another way.

It seems more logical to just disqualify anyone that drew in a pupil/shine, but I really do wish they'd be more clear or pick a better example.
@Kogosama

You can see lines outlining the pupil and shine in the example bunny. If they allowed pupils on the perytons, then there'd be one with a pupil in one place/with one shape, and one with a pupil another way.

It seems more logical to just disqualify anyone that drew in a pupil/shine, but I really do wish they'd be more clear or pick a better example.
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
@qwertypi303 Yeah that would be really nice to know, but your logic seems very valid. I better change the eyes despite what the bunny tells me ;D

I can always change them back if they do voice something about it.
@qwertypi303 Yeah that would be really nice to know, but your logic seems very valid. I better change the eyes despite what the bunny tells me ;D

I can always change them back if they do voice something about it.
@Kogosama

You could always just link 2 versions! One with pupil and shine, and one without.
@Kogosama

You could always just link 2 versions! One with pupil and shine, and one without.
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
@RemixPhoenix
I love your submission so much!! The almost neon/electric gree in a safvourite of mine and combined with the brown tones it really makes your familiar stand out!! I hope you win
@RemixPhoenix
I love your submission so much!! The almost neon/electric gree in a safvourite of mine and combined with the brown tones it really makes your familiar stand out!! I hope you win
... I'm Mouse, I'm 20 and
I live in Scotland! (FR+9)

The Abbey is a Lore Clan and accepts all sorts
of letters & interactions.
Ask me about inter-clan alliances!
tumblr_oq2bldAYE61u3wsjco7_r1_250.png
@qwertypi303 thanks :) I did that, but on the official entry page I thumbnailed the flare eyed to 300x300. This is surprisingly complicated even if one would think it's a simple matter :/
@qwertypi303 thanks :) I did that, but on the official entry page I thumbnailed the flare eyed to 300x300. This is surprisingly complicated even if one would think it's a simple matter :/
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 66 67