Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 66 67
@EarthTiger It's pretty :o reminds me of an amazonian snake or something :3
@EarthTiger It's pretty :o reminds me of an amazonian snake or something :3
@Dorklever

the brushwork is part of what I love so much about it! :D it's very lively! plus those colors... mmf <3
@Dorklever

the brushwork is part of what I love so much about it! :D it's very lively! plus those colors... mmf <3
JqmjqQW.pngAWAnvtM.png
@bid There's never a colourwheel limitation.
Quite frankly if the staff wanted that I'd think they were all stupid, considering many familiars have colours that no dragon has.
@bid There's never a colourwheel limitation.
Quite frankly if the staff wanted that I'd think they were all stupid, considering many familiars have colours that no dragon has.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
@sirenesuicidaire Thanks :3 I was going for a venomous, tropical look
@sirenesuicidaire Thanks :3 I was going for a venomous, tropical look
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Are we allowed to do 1 of each familiar or do we have to choose only 1 out of them all and stick with that? And is it okay to make pupils for the Peryton??
Are we allowed to do 1 of each familiar or do we have to choose only 1 out of them all and stick with that? And is it okay to make pupils for the Peryton??
@CerulianVortex

OOooooooh! You doing the Perryton one?
@CerulianVortex

OOooooooh! You doing the Perryton one?
Ookamiotoko.gif tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o6_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o5_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o1_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_o6bwq5Fr4C1u9ymyzo1_250.gif
*FR + 2*
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o2_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o4_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o3_r2_75sq.png
Ookamiotoko.gif
here is my entry: [img]http://pre12.deviantart.net/0bce/th/pre/i/2015/331/1/3/camien_whelp_contest_entry_flight_rising_by_shadowind-d9i5em1.png[/img] I don't really expect to win, there are a lot of really neat entries and I'm sure mine isn't as crisp and "clean' as it probably should be. I don't really know if the way I colored the stomach and lower parts of his body are acceptable at all considering the rules. I worked in an old version of photoshop and used soft edged brush and blur to make the colors blend, its not really gradient but its not really shading either is it??? does blending=shading? Anyways I made it mostly for fun, I might go back and clean it up more if I have time but I rather like how it looks in general... Except the eyes I [u]hate [/u]doing flat eyes so I made another version with shaded eyes here: http://shadowind.deviantart.com/art/Contest-Entry-with-Eyeshine-and-eye-shading-574837424 feel free to tell me what you think :) I would love tips and imput! Also I saw people were saying that the deer/peryton shouldn't have pupils? should i have left the pupils off mine?
here is my entry:

camien_whelp_contest_entry_flight_rising_by_shadowind-d9i5em1.png

I don't really expect to win, there are a lot of really neat entries and I'm sure mine isn't as crisp and "clean' as it probably should be. I don't really know if the way I colored the stomach and lower parts of his body are acceptable at all considering the rules. I worked in an old version of photoshop and used soft edged brush and blur to make the colors blend, its not really gradient but its not really shading either is it??? does blending=shading?

Anyways I made it mostly for fun, I might go back and clean it up more if I have time but I rather like how it looks in general...

Except the eyes I hate doing flat eyes so I made another version with shaded eyes here:

http://shadowind.deviantart.com/art/Contest-Entry-with-Eyeshine-and-eye-shading-574837424

feel free to tell me what you think :) I would love tips and imput!

Also I saw people were saying that the deer/peryton shouldn't have pupils? should i have left the pupils off mine?

DAy3VkTqg.png
So what do you guys think? [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/2138881440aa8fcf65fab992b89784e8/tumblr_nyglnq2ReZ1qgs2k4o1_540.png[/img]
So what do you guys think?
tumblr_nyglnq2ReZ1qgs2k4o1_540.png
tumblr_nyrgsrwLuI1qgs2k4o1_500.png
@Stormdragon

Thank youuu.
Hm I see, I'll make it lighter then.
Thanks for your feedback! It's really appreciated. ;a;;

Oh yess, as for your bear, I personally really like how you colored the crystals.
The gradients on the small crystals seems fine as it is. Maybe add a bit of a dark green gradient like how you did with the back crystals and see how it goes? Just a suggestion though!
But gotta love how cool looking this bear is. Nice simple bear and the crystals' color stands out! Neattt :DD

@Stormdragon

Thank youuu.
Hm I see, I'll make it lighter then.
Thanks for your feedback! It's really appreciated. ;a;;

Oh yess, as for your bear, I personally really like how you colored the crystals.
The gradients on the small crystals seems fine as it is. Maybe add a bit of a dark green gradient like how you did with the back crystals and see how it goes? Just a suggestion though!
But gotta love how cool looking this bear is. Nice simple bear and the crystals' color stands out! Neattt :DD

@SuzumeSan

I like yours a lot! Around the eye is great, and I love the whole Egyptian feel to it!

Your colors also look nice and clean and crisp. The only problem I have is that I feel like the lines on his front leg/arm should be a bit more curved like they are more shaped to his leg? does that make sense?
@SuzumeSan

I like yours a lot! Around the eye is great, and I love the whole Egyptian feel to it!

Your colors also look nice and clean and crisp. The only problem I have is that I feel like the lines on his front leg/arm should be a bit more curved like they are more shaped to his leg? does that make sense?
DAy3VkTqg.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 66 67