Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lights Out: A Pinker-locke
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20
@Tar Oh noes, this is... terrible but in a good way! Add me to your pinglist, please?
@Tar Oh noes, this is... terrible but in a good way! Add me to your pinglist, please?
x0CMhAc.png is5IYGR.png Ash and Dust- My Pinker-Locke
@CanisLupus03
Added you! I'm sure many more terrible things are still to come.
@CanisLupus03
Added you! I'm sure many more terrible things are still to come.
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
Day twenty eight: [item=Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring] ...IT'S HAPPENING... [img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/nbad6b.jpg[/img] ...HOO BOY.... [img]http://oi59.tinypic.com/2d0ncig.jpg[/img] proud parents [img]http://oi58.tinypic.com/2dj46eb.jpg[/img]
Day twenty eight:
Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring

...IT'S HAPPENING...
nbad6b.jpg

...HOO BOY....
2d0ncig.jpg

proud parents
2dj46eb.jpg
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 [img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2nq5vkm.jpg[/img] Keto laid a pair of eggs. They were bright and glowing, as eggs formed in the confines of the tangled wood generally are. Botch was the proud father, and he was over the moon. “They’re amazing! I’ve never seen eggs that look like that!” He exclaimed, peering down at them where they lay inside a hollow stump. “They have to stay warm right? How are they going to stay warm? Oh gosh, maybe we should get Murex to light a fire, or-” “We can warm them with our bodies.” Keto snapped. “Won’t that… crush them?” Botch asked, looking at the eggs dubiously. Keto laughed, a wicked glint forming in their eye. “Crush them? These things are like rocks. Look!” They grabbed one of the eggs and shook it vigorously. It sounded like there was liquid sloshing inside. Grinning, Keto hurled it towards the ground, causing Botch to gasp in horror. But it didn’t break - It bounced and rolled across the ground. Murex, who was observing from afar, grimaced. It was hard to watch. Keto returned the egg to the nest with a giggle. “Oh. Okay.” Botch said, nodding in understanding. He still looked a little shocked. “Well then, since I’m bigger, how about I keep them warm so you can go out to hunt? I promise to keep them safe.” Keto whirled to face him, bared their teeth, and snarled. “Are you implying that you are stronger than me, Eye-sore?” Botch backed up quickly, dipping his head low. “Wh- Sorry? Of course not, I just –” [img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2j4dcoh.jpg[/img] “Shall we duel to decide who wins the right to incubate the eggs? Is that what you want?” Keto said, stepping forward with flared wings. Sparks jumped across their feathers. They looked beyond menacing – Keto had worked some of Mycena’s black feathers into their mask. The effect was quite striking. “No! No of course not!” Botch’s eyes were wide and startled. He didn’t expect this reaction at all. Keto folded their wings slowly and snorted. “You disappoint me sometimes, Eye-sore.” They muttered, picking a bit of old meat out of their teeth. They seemed to calm down a little though. Keto settled on top of the nest with a fierce dignity. [I]They look like a chicken.[/I] Murex thought. Suddenly, Keto looked at Murex, and he shrank back, hoping that he didn’t say his thoughts out loud by mistake. “What are you doing sulking over there Dirt-pelt? Come here.” Keto barked. They looked at Botch and narrowed their eyes. “What are you waiting for? Find me food to eat.” He blinked before nodding enthusiastically. Luckily, Botch had finally gotten the hang of foraging for food. He made his way into the forest confidently, feeling assured he could find his beloved Keto sustenance. He found an old fallen log that had begun to rot and teared heavily at the outer layer of bark with his huge claws. The inside of the log was full of ants and fat grubs. He licked at the ants and grabbed the biggest, fattest grubs to place in the makeshift burlap sack that hung from one of his back spines. He spent an hour insect catching and collected a great haul. The bag was full to the brim with wriggling grubs. When he returned, Keto and Murex were having a discussion. Or – no, that wasn’t it – they were playing a game? It seemed that Keto was trying to perfect their lightning attacks by using Murex as a moving target. Botch watched them with cool indifference. The mirror dashed frantically from side to side while jolts of electricity snapped around his feet. Murex turned to dodge a bolt too slowly – it struck him in the side. He fell to the ground, screaming, limbs twitching with high-voltage electricity. Keto laughed, and looked up to see Botch return. Murex collected himself, panting heavily, eyes wide with shock. Keto quietly told him that he could go hunting. He gratefully slipped into the woods, a grimace on his face. “What do you have for me then?” Keto said, looking up at Botch expectantly. Botch dropped the sack in front of Keto. It fell open, and a handful of pale grubs fell out of the sack and wriggled out onto the dirt. Keto stared at them and hissed with disgust. “What is this crap?” Keto growled. “Corpse litter. Rot-scum.” Botch’s heart sank. “I want meat, Eye-sore. Red, bloody meat.” “I-I don’t think I can do that.” That didn’t impress Keto in the slightest. “Let me make one thing clear:” Keto spat. “I can’t stand weaklings.” Botch bowed, apologizing profusely. Keto glared at him. “Come back with meat next time, or don’t come back at all.” Day twenty nine: [item=tundra grub] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/7#13819475]Day Thirty One[/url] Wildclaws are weird.
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03

2nq5vkm.jpg

Keto laid a pair of eggs. They were bright and glowing, as eggs formed in the confines of the tangled wood generally are. Botch was the proud father, and he was over the moon.

“They’re amazing! I’ve never seen eggs that look like that!” He exclaimed, peering down at them where they lay inside a hollow stump. “They have to stay warm right? How are they going to stay warm? Oh gosh, maybe we should get Murex to light a fire, or-”

“We can warm them with our bodies.” Keto snapped.

“Won’t that… crush them?” Botch asked, looking at the eggs dubiously.

Keto laughed, a wicked glint forming in their eye. “Crush them? These things are like rocks. Look!” They grabbed one of the eggs and shook it vigorously. It sounded like there was liquid sloshing inside. Grinning, Keto hurled it towards the ground, causing Botch to gasp in horror. But it didn’t break - It bounced and rolled across the ground. Murex, who was observing from afar, grimaced. It was hard to watch. Keto returned the egg to the nest with a giggle.

“Oh. Okay.” Botch said, nodding in understanding. He still looked a little shocked. “Well then, since I’m bigger, how about I keep them warm so you can go out to hunt? I promise to keep them safe.”

Keto whirled to face him, bared their teeth, and snarled. “Are you implying that you are stronger than me, Eye-sore?”

Botch backed up quickly, dipping his head low. “Wh- Sorry? Of course not, I just –”

2j4dcoh.jpg

“Shall we duel to decide who wins the right to incubate the eggs? Is that what you want?” Keto said, stepping forward with flared wings. Sparks jumped across their feathers. They looked beyond menacing – Keto had worked some of Mycena’s black feathers into their mask. The effect was quite striking.

“No! No of course not!” Botch’s eyes were wide and startled. He didn’t expect this reaction at all.

Keto folded their wings slowly and snorted. “You disappoint me sometimes, Eye-sore.” They muttered, picking a bit of old meat out of their teeth.

They seemed to calm down a little though. Keto settled on top of the nest with a fierce dignity.

They look like a chicken. Murex thought.

Suddenly, Keto looked at Murex, and he shrank back, hoping that he didn’t say his thoughts out loud by mistake.

“What are you doing sulking over there Dirt-pelt? Come here.” Keto barked. They looked at Botch and narrowed their eyes.

“What are you waiting for? Find me food to eat.”

He blinked before nodding enthusiastically.

Luckily, Botch had finally gotten the hang of foraging for food. He made his way into the forest confidently, feeling assured he could find his beloved Keto sustenance. He found an old fallen log that had begun to rot and teared heavily at the outer layer of bark with his huge claws. The inside of the log was full of ants and fat grubs. He licked at the ants and grabbed the biggest, fattest grubs to place in the makeshift burlap sack that hung from one of his back spines.

He spent an hour insect catching and collected a great haul. The bag was full to the brim with wriggling grubs. When he returned, Keto and Murex were having a discussion. Or – no, that wasn’t it – they were playing a game?

It seemed that Keto was trying to perfect their lightning attacks by using Murex as a moving target. Botch watched them with cool indifference. The mirror dashed frantically from side to side while jolts of electricity snapped around his feet. Murex turned to dodge a bolt too slowly – it struck him in the side. He fell to the ground, screaming, limbs twitching with high-voltage electricity. Keto laughed, and looked up to see Botch return. Murex collected himself, panting heavily, eyes wide with shock. Keto quietly told him that he could go hunting. He gratefully slipped into the woods, a grimace on his face.

“What do you have for me then?” Keto said, looking up at Botch expectantly.

Botch dropped the sack in front of Keto. It fell open, and a handful of pale grubs fell out of the sack and wriggled out onto the dirt. Keto stared at them and hissed with disgust.

“What is this crap?” Keto growled. “Corpse litter. Rot-scum.”

Botch’s heart sank.

“I want meat, Eye-sore. Red, bloody meat.”

“I-I don’t think I can do that.”

That didn’t impress Keto in the slightest.

“Let me make one thing clear:” Keto spat. “I can’t stand weaklings.”

Botch bowed, apologizing profusely. Keto glared at him.

“Come back with meat next time, or don’t come back at all.”

Day twenty nine:
Tundra Grub

Day Thirty One

Wildclaws are weird.
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
WORST PARENTS. Those poor hatchlings, assuming they even survive.
WORST PARENTS. Those poor hatchlings, assuming they even survive.
“blaireau’s
... Great update, but the only thing I can think about right now is... those poor hatchlings, they're gonna be so *pink*, lol! Between the coral and the magenta, it's not like they have a chance! But I sure wonder if that egg Keto abused will hatch... whether it breaks or not, it can't be good to be sloshed around like that at such a delicate stage...
P.S.: you've a typo in the line under the Keto pic- right no incubate should be right *to* incubate, ;-)
Can't wait to see what happens next! Hang in there, Murex! No matter what they call you, you're still the prettiest in this lair!
... Great update, but the only thing I can think about right now is... those poor hatchlings, they're gonna be so *pink*, lol! Between the coral and the magenta, it's not like they have a chance! But I sure wonder if that egg Keto abused will hatch... whether it breaks or not, it can't be good to be sloshed around like that at such a delicate stage...
P.S.: you've a typo in the line under the Keto pic- right no incubate should be right *to* incubate, ;-)
Can't wait to see what happens next! Hang in there, Murex! No matter what they call you, you're still the prettiest in this lair!
@CanisLupus03 Honestly when I bred them I thought about the pinkness too, and it sucks. But this pairing is the only one that makes sense in the story. The only other option was Keto/Murex which would have given me a much nicer range of colors, but.. no. Just no. :X Here are Keto and Botch's exact breeding ranges: [img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/sghf9w.jpg[/img] Coral and magenta are right next to each other on the color wheel. Will the hatchlings resemble Botch more or Keto more? Place yer bets now. (and fixed that typo)
@CanisLupus03
Honestly when I bred them I thought about the pinkness too, and it sucks. But this pairing is the only one that makes sense in the story. The only other option was Keto/Murex which would have given me a much nicer range of colors, but.. no. Just no. :X

Here are Keto and Botch's exact breeding ranges:
sghf9w.jpg
Coral and magenta are right next to each other on the color wheel. Will the hatchlings resemble Botch more or Keto more? Place yer bets now.

(and fixed that typo)
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar Oh goodness me... at least the tert range is kinda nice? Lol. But then part of the nuzlocke fun is the near-impossibility of pretty hatchlings, isn't it... And, yeah, story-wise, Keto and Murex...? No, that sounds like icky territory... Where do you get a breeding range chart like that, btw? Is there a tool? Looks handy, haha!
@Tar Oh goodness me... at least the tert range is kinda nice? Lol. But then part of the nuzlocke fun is the near-impossibility of pretty hatchlings, isn't it... And, yeah, story-wise, Keto and Murex...? No, that sounds like icky territory... Where do you get a breeding range chart like that, btw? Is there a tool? Looks handy, haha!
@CanisLupus03
I did it using this website:
http://fr.fintastic.net
And yeah, it is handy!

In other news, I'm going to update later this evening if I can. I'm at work currently.
@CanisLupus03
I did it using this website:
http://fr.fintastic.net
And yeah, it is handy!

In other news, I'm going to update later this evening if I can. I'm at work currently.
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar Nice, thanks! I'll look forward to reading it tomorrow morning... it's getting late where I'm at, ;-)
@Tar Nice, thanks! I'll look forward to reading it tomorrow morning... it's getting late where I'm at, ;-)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20