Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | my doodles
1 2 3 4
YOUR ART IS SO AMAZING!
Where have you been hiding? why haven't i seen your art before? WHAT SORT OF ROCK HAVE I BEEN LIVING UNDER?!?!?!

-calms down-
sorry about that. your art is really good, crow! i love the way you use color it's amazing.
YOUR ART IS SO AMAZING!
Where have you been hiding? why haven't i seen your art before? WHAT SORT OF ROCK HAVE I BEEN LIVING UNDER?!?!?!

-calms down-
sorry about that. your art is really good, crow! i love the way you use color it's amazing.
@crowcorvidae

Doodles?....These are amazing!
@crowcorvidae

Doodles?....These are amazing!
Aaahh!! Your artwork is absolutely amazing! I'm in love with it all!!
Aaahh!! Your artwork is absolutely amazing! I'm in love with it all!!
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
@crowcorvidae
Holy smokes, your style is gorgeous! :O

May I ask how long you've been drawing/how often you draw? It looks like you've put a lot of work into it to get this good!
@crowcorvidae
Holy smokes, your style is gorgeous! :O

May I ask how long you've been drawing/how often you draw? It looks like you've put a lot of work into it to get this good!
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
@marmite heh, thank you. to be honest, they really are my art pieces, but i wanted to mark them like. casual? if that makes sense. its just fun, imo @kimdra i do draw a lot, and despite not updating the main post in... far too long, i've made quite a few pieces in the meantime (some of which i've actually been [i]meaning[/i] to post but just... escape me). i've pretty much been drawing ever since i could hold a stick, but i didn't really start improving until i was around 10 and was exposed to art communities on the internet. and i mean, my art looked like this when i was 11, and first had access to a tablet: [img]http://f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/h/hooheevee/20111113/20111113195830.png[/img] but i know there's plenty of people who see that and still say it's gorgeous, speaking from experience. it baffles me a bit to think about it, because that thing makes me cringe a little when i look at it. i take a lot of inspiration from art around me, especially from the media i enjoy. cartoons, video games, you know - that stuff, and usually the ones with the worse fandoms to boot. a lot of those fandoms did have some immaculate artists in their midst, though, and i may have adapted my style to look a little more like theirs by studying what i liked about their art. when i was that young age... like, 10-11, the website i was on, a horror by the name of flipnote hatena, hosted an independent community of "pokemon artisans" - an elite group of pokemon artists who drew well and had a channel dedicated to it. i wanted in, of course, and sent an entry full of what you might expect from a kid who was 10 - warped lines, flat colors, no real "style" per se. and, of course, i was rejected. some people would take that as a sign that they're bad and that they shouldnt try, but... if i admired them and wanted to be part of them, then i would keep going and make my art good enough to be a member. either later that year or early 2011, i got in with a new entry. even if the whole thing was childish, because that was what flipnote hatena in its entirety was, it gave me a start on believing that if i worked for something, i could get to it. 2012 would be the beginning of the "bad" fandoms stuff, so... [url=http://evnator518.deviantart.com/art/John-Egbert-328664391]this[/url] [url=http://evnator518.deviantart.com/art/Rose-LaLonde-334069206]stuff[/url], done in pencil, was [url=http://evnator518.deviantart.com/art/Dave-Strider-330794469?q=gallery%3AEVNator518%2F50804707&qo=12]my[/url] [url=http://evnator518.deviantart.com/art/Jade-Harley-334070913?q=gallery%3AEVNator518%2F50804707&qo=15]pride[/url] and [url=http://evnator518.deviantart.com/art/Sollux-Captor-345099078?q=gallery%3AEVNator518%2F50804707&qo=19]joy[/url] at the time. note that i was attempting realism. there was a time last year where my friends and i made those our skype icons just because we thought they were classic. a lot of the time, i'm drawing when i don't even realize it too, so like, on schoolwork and stuff. yesterday in math class, i was drawing on the take-home test because i needed to Express My Frustration with the calculus problems (i probably missed a term that i needed to use the product theorem on and wasn't able to match my answer with any of the multiple choice answers). its not always intentional, and lots of times i end up in a different place than my initial goal - i was trying to make a crystalline gala accent when i created [url=http://56.media.tumblr.com/26964b57bc245450c3815c4f97eb028e/tumblr_o0nxhv1hdy1uxgh2ko1_1280.png]these[/url]. it didn't work out. it takes a bit to get off your back about what you expect from yourself when you're trying to do something, but doing it other ways works too. some people like to plan out a drawing before doing it, called thumbnailing, but if i dont draw whats right for me... i pretty much just scrap it and try again or move stuff around. but usually, i just keep going. [url=http://41.media.tumblr.com/4ae4e87f4614c4d13dd3ec7a282cdd43/tumblr_nv3z3h6d8H1uxgiclo1_1280.jpg]that's how i end up doing a lot of my art with pen and markers[/url]. its weird, it doesn't work... but if i keep going and connect the dots, it looks better than it probably would've if it weren't weird in the first place. its patience, really. like suspense in a... really bad drama. tl;dr i draw a lot and ive always been drawing but i wouldnt draw like i do if i didnt have inspirations, a reason, and held myself to some of my mistakes. if i werent patient with myself and persistently aiming to improve i wouldnt be where i am.
@marmite heh, thank you. to be honest, they really are my art pieces, but i wanted to mark them like. casual? if that makes sense. its just fun, imo

@kimdra i do draw a lot, and despite not updating the main post in... far too long, i've made quite a few pieces in the meantime (some of which i've actually been meaning to post but just... escape me). i've pretty much been drawing ever since i could hold a stick, but i didn't really start improving until i was around 10 and was exposed to art communities on the internet.

and i mean, my art looked like this when i was 11, and first had access to a tablet:
20111113195830.png
but i know there's plenty of people who see that and still say it's gorgeous, speaking from experience. it baffles me a bit to think about it, because that thing makes me cringe a little when i look at it.

i take a lot of inspiration from art around me, especially from the media i enjoy. cartoons, video games, you know - that stuff, and usually the ones with the worse fandoms to boot. a lot of those fandoms did have some immaculate artists in their midst, though, and i may have adapted my style to look a little more like theirs by studying what i liked about their art.

when i was that young age... like, 10-11, the website i was on, a horror by the name of flipnote hatena, hosted an independent community of "pokemon artisans" - an elite group of pokemon artists who drew well and had a channel dedicated to it. i wanted in, of course, and sent an entry full of what you might expect from a kid who was 10 - warped lines, flat colors, no real "style" per se. and, of course, i was rejected. some people would take that as a sign that they're bad and that they shouldnt try, but... if i admired them and wanted to be part of them, then i would keep going and make my art good enough to be a member.
either later that year or early 2011, i got in with a new entry. even if the whole thing was childish, because that was what flipnote hatena in its entirety was, it gave me a start on believing that if i worked for something, i could get to it.

2012 would be the beginning of the "bad" fandoms stuff, so... this stuff, done in pencil, was my pride and joy at the time. note that i was attempting realism. there was a time last year where my friends and i made those our skype icons just because we thought they were classic.

a lot of the time, i'm drawing when i don't even realize it too, so like, on schoolwork and stuff. yesterday in math class, i was drawing on the take-home test because i needed to Express My Frustration with the calculus problems (i probably missed a term that i needed to use the product theorem on and wasn't able to match my answer with any of the multiple choice answers). its not always intentional, and lots of times i end up in a different place than my initial goal - i was trying to make a crystalline gala accent when i created these. it didn't work out.

it takes a bit to get off your back about what you expect from yourself when you're trying to do something, but doing it other ways works too. some people like to plan out a drawing before doing it, called thumbnailing, but if i dont draw whats right for me... i pretty much just scrap it and try again or move stuff around.

but usually, i just keep going. that's how i end up doing a lot of my art with pen and markers. its weird, it doesn't work... but if i keep going and connect the dots, it looks better than it probably would've if it weren't weird in the first place. its patience, really. like suspense in a... really bad drama.

tl;dr i draw a lot and ive always been drawing but i wouldnt draw like i do if i didnt have inspirations, a reason, and held myself to some of my mistakes. if i werent patient with myself and persistently aiming to improve i wouldnt be where i am.
tumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko4_100.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko3_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko2_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko1_250.png
@crowcorvidae
To be honest, the drawing from when you were eleven is actually pretty good for an 11-year-old, but your work is obviously much better now, haha. I'm sure you knew that.

Thank you so much for the in-depth response, and the examples! It's really informative to hear what your experience has been, and I hope you continue to be inspired and keep challenging yourself to improve. :)

Us lurkers in this thread would love it if you posted more of your work, but of course there's no rush. Feel free to take your time with it!

@crowcorvidae
To be honest, the drawing from when you were eleven is actually pretty good for an 11-year-old, but your work is obviously much better now, haha. I'm sure you knew that.

Thank you so much for the in-depth response, and the examples! It's really informative to hear what your experience has been, and I hope you continue to be inspired and keep challenging yourself to improve. :)

Us lurkers in this thread would love it if you posted more of your work, but of course there's no rush. Feel free to take your time with it!

|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
@crowcorvidea

If you ever make an artshop, I would love to pay top treasure for it! It is simply gorgeous and so very pleasing to look at! <:

Great job at your progress from 11 to now! ( i used to exclusively draw said portraits of dogs or unicorns, which were awful)
@crowcorvidea

If you ever make an artshop, I would love to pay top treasure for it! It is simply gorgeous and so very pleasing to look at! <:

Great job at your progress from 11 to now! ( i used to exclusively draw said portraits of dogs or unicorns, which were awful)
v6iKMZr.png 23852.png

Sunny
he/him
FR +3
@crowcorvidae

your style is really unique and pretty! <3
@crowcorvidae

your style is really unique and pretty! <3
@cherri thank you! i've been meaning to update this thread for a while, but i keep getting side-tracked. hopefully, i'll remember to update here sometime soon when i get the chance.
@cherri thank you! i've been meaning to update this thread for a while, but i keep getting side-tracked. hopefully, i'll remember to update here sometime soon when i get the chance.
tumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko4_100.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko3_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko2_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko1_250.png
@crowcorvidae
wow, your art is fantastic... *creeps on ur tumblr*

do you accept commissions ever? :0
@crowcorvidae
wow, your art is fantastic... *creeps on ur tumblr*

do you accept commissions ever? :0
1 2 3 4