Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds and Coliseum on mobile
1 2
I am trying to use fairgrounds and Coliseum on mobile (Samsung Galaxy A5). The pages open, however I cannot "click" on anything. When I do manage to do it, it's usually very difficult, and doesn't really do what I intended. Please fix this. I cannot access FR on a computer outside of school.
I am trying to use fairgrounds and Coliseum on mobile (Samsung Galaxy A5). The pages open, however I cannot "click" on anything. When I do manage to do it, it's usually very difficult, and doesn't really do what I intended. Please fix this. I cannot access FR on a computer outside of school.
Like I can't tap any of the controls. I don't know if it's a glitch or if the games just don't work with a touchscreen.
Like I can't tap any of the controls. I don't know if it's a glitch or if the games just don't work with a touchscreen.
@TalkAboutSpace - I've been looking for answers as best as I could with the description of the problem you gave on your board in suggestions, and the best thing I could find is that playing with full screen doesn't tend to work on mobile devices, and phone's double tap to zoom causes problems for a lot of people. Does this sound accurate to your situation?

I personally don't tend to double tap when I use the coli or fairgrounds, and I don't play in full screen mode (I mannually zoom in) because full screen doesn't work well for me either. I don't find it diffuicult to keep my screen where I want it, but it sounds like others do. I've found if I zoom in too much, where I can't access the white of the page, I can't zoom back out though. I really hope this can help.
@TalkAboutSpace - I've been looking for answers as best as I could with the description of the problem you gave on your board in suggestions, and the best thing I could find is that playing with full screen doesn't tend to work on mobile devices, and phone's double tap to zoom causes problems for a lot of people. Does this sound accurate to your situation?

I personally don't tend to double tap when I use the coli or fairgrounds, and I don't play in full screen mode (I mannually zoom in) because full screen doesn't work well for me either. I don't find it diffuicult to keep my screen where I want it, but it sounds like others do. I've found if I zoom in too much, where I can't access the white of the page, I can't zoom back out though. I really hope this can help.
@TalkAboutSpace

Have you tried turning magnification on in your Settings? That might fix this by enabling a triple-tap to magnify a page instead of whatever number of taps you're using now.

Likely instructions for your phone.

edit:

Alternately you can turn off Zoom in your Settings - General - Accessibility - Zoom
@TalkAboutSpace

Have you tried turning magnification on in your Settings? That might fix this by enabling a triple-tap to magnify a page instead of whatever number of taps you're using now.

Likely instructions for your phone.

edit:

Alternately you can turn off Zoom in your Settings - General - Accessibility - Zoom
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@AppleBlossom and @Nightwind
The zoom is a minor issue. The biggest issue is simply that the controls do not work. I cannot play anything besides "higher or lower" or "glitter and gloom".
@AppleBlossom and @Nightwind
The zoom is a minor issue. The biggest issue is simply that the controls do not work. I cannot play anything besides "higher or lower" or "glitter and gloom".
@TalkAboutSpace In that case could you help out the admins by including the following information as well as a description of what "doesn't do what I intended" means. Since they can't see what you're doing it could be anything from copying/forwarding/highlighting/or any other random thing and it matters if they're going to fix this for you. [br] [quote][LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [br][list][*]Browser(s) Version #[/list] [br][*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [br][list][*]Mobile [*]Laptop [*]Desktop [*]Etc.[/list] [br] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [br][list][*]Operating System Version[/list] [br][*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [br][list][*]Mobile [*]Wireless [*]Wired - cable/DSL? [*]School [*]Home [*]Work[/list] [br][*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [br][list][*]Antivirus Version[/list] [/LIST] [br] [list] [*][b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] [br] [list][*]Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.[/list][/list] [br] [list][*][b]Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.[/b][/quote][/list] Thank you!
@TalkAboutSpace

In that case could you help out the admins by including the following information as well as a description of what "doesn't do what I intended" means. Since they can't see what you're doing it could be anything from copying/forwarding/highlighting/or any other random thing and it matters if they're going to fix this for you.

Quote:
  • Browser(s) Used

• Browser(s) Version #

• Device(s) Used

• Mobile
    • Laptop
    • Desktop
    • Etc.

• Device Operating System

• Operating System Version

• Internet Connection Type

• Mobile
    • Wireless
    • Wired - cable/DSL?
    • School
    • Home
    • Work

• Antivirus Installed

• Antivirus Version

• Describe the bug in detail:

• Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.

• Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.

Thank you!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Browser(s) Used : Samsung Internet

Browser(s) Version # Unknown

Device(s) Used: Mobile (Samsung Galaxy A5)

Operating System Version: 8.0.0

Internet Connection Type: Wifi

Antivirus Installed: none

Describe the bug in detail:

When I attempt to play fairgrounds games or use the coliseum, I cannot do the things that would normally be done via a click or keyboard shortcut on PC. I cannot aim in "tidal trouble" and firing is random. I cannot do anything at all on other games, except for "higher or lower" and "glimmer and gloom". In the coliseum, I cannot select an enemy to attack or dragon to heal at all. If I do manage to make it do something, it is not accurate at all.
Browser(s) Used : Samsung Internet

Browser(s) Version # Unknown

Device(s) Used: Mobile (Samsung Galaxy A5)

Operating System Version: 8.0.0

Internet Connection Type: Wifi

Antivirus Installed: none

Describe the bug in detail:

When I attempt to play fairgrounds games or use the coliseum, I cannot do the things that would normally be done via a click or keyboard shortcut on PC. I cannot aim in "tidal trouble" and firing is random. I cannot do anything at all on other games, except for "higher or lower" and "glimmer and gloom". In the coliseum, I cannot select an enemy to attack or dragon to heal at all. If I do manage to make it do something, it is not accurate at all.
@TalkAboutSpace

Have you, by any chance, tested FR on any other browsers? I'm unfamiliar with Samsung Internet (didn't even know they had something like that) but it's settings could be interfering with how FR works.

If possible I would try on one of the more standard browsers and see if anything changes. That'll at least determine if it's a browser issue or a phone issue.
@TalkAboutSpace

Have you, by any chance, tested FR on any other browsers? I'm unfamiliar with Samsung Internet (didn't even know they had something like that) but it's settings could be interfering with how FR works.

If possible I would try on one of the more standard browsers and see if anything changes. That'll at least determine if it's a browser issue or a phone issue.
IT7iTv8.png
@AlphaSobek It's the default option. Idk if I can change it.
@AlphaSobek It's the default option. Idk if I can change it.
Speaking as someone using a related platform (phone: Samsung Gear4, browser: Samsung Internet) this may be related to which browser you're using. I think the generic Samsung phone browser does not work well with certain aspects of the site (g&g and coli work for me, tidal trouble does not.)
If you are allowed to download new apps for your phone, maybe try going to the app store and getting one of the big browsers (Firefox, chrome, etc).
Speaking as someone using a related platform (phone: Samsung Gear4, browser: Samsung Internet) this may be related to which browser you're using. I think the generic Samsung phone browser does not work well with certain aspects of the site (g&g and coli work for me, tidal trouble does not.)
If you are allowed to download new apps for your phone, maybe try going to the app store and getting one of the big browsers (Firefox, chrome, etc).

Available at cost to Plague flight members.
1 2