Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Assorted Artifracture Bugs
I have a couple bugs to report regarding Artifracture (Beta is Beta, and Beta Has Bugs). I have encountered these bugs in Internet Explorer 11 (yes, yes, I know...) The first bug is that when starting Artifracture, occasionally it fails to put any numbers in the artifact goal counters. As this bug only occurs when you first start the game, it's easy enough to just re-load the page and it'll correct itself. The second bug is one I encountered for the first time today, which brought the game to a halt. I was on stage 12, with a score of exactly 150000 when the game became unresponsive. This occurred immediately after I had a particularly long chain of combos (items fall down due to previously destroyed combos, form another combo, etc), during which I accidentally clicked on an artifact and attempted to move it (I thought the combo was over, but it just kept going!). After this happened, the timer continued to tick down, the fullscreen/minimize button and mute button continued to work, the music kept playing, and the hints (when a couple items pulse to indicate that you should swap them) kept occurring. But I could not move any artifacts. They were unresponsive to clicks. Interestingly, when the timer ticked down to zero, the game didn't end. Presumably, the timer just kept ticking into the negative, though I could not see it. Also, I just noticed this in the screenshot I took, but it looks like there was [i]yet another combo[/i] formed, but it did not register and destroy itself (three tablets arranged horizontally, can be seen on the third row down). [img]https://orig05.deviantart.net/e4f5/f/2017/229/2/e/artifracturebug_by_littlefiredragon-dbkdrhp.png[/img] Given the events that had occurred, I believe that one of the following happened: [LIST=1] [*] I hit a score cap. This seems unlikely. As a programmer, I recognize that 150000 is not a natural number for a computer to stop at, so I doubt I overloaded a variable. However, it's possible that a hard cap to the score was programmed in. [*] Clicking the artifact during a combo chain messed things up. I also doubt this one, since I have accidentally clicked things during a chain before and I never saw this happen. However, I think the artifact I clicked may have been one of the tablets in that unregistered combo, so perhaps that threw the system. [*] I managed to chain more combos than the game was prepared to handle. This seems especially likely since it froze after registering a combo and then failed to register the next one. [/LIST] Clearly, I am just too good at shuffling trilobites. :P
I have a couple bugs to report regarding Artifracture (Beta is Beta, and Beta Has Bugs).
I have encountered these bugs in Internet Explorer 11 (yes, yes, I know...)

The first bug is that when starting Artifracture, occasionally it fails to put any numbers in the artifact goal counters. As this bug only occurs when you first start the game, it's easy enough to just re-load the page and it'll correct itself.

The second bug is one I encountered for the first time today, which brought the game to a halt.
I was on stage 12, with a score of exactly 150000 when the game became unresponsive. This occurred immediately after I had a particularly long chain of combos (items fall down due to previously destroyed combos, form another combo, etc), during which I accidentally clicked on an artifact and attempted to move it (I thought the combo was over, but it just kept going!).

After this happened, the timer continued to tick down, the fullscreen/minimize button and mute button continued to work, the music kept playing, and the hints (when a couple items pulse to indicate that you should swap them) kept occurring. But I could not move any artifacts. They were unresponsive to clicks. Interestingly, when the timer ticked down to zero, the game didn't end. Presumably, the timer just kept ticking into the negative, though I could not see it.

Also, I just noticed this in the screenshot I took, but it looks like there was yet another combo formed, but it did not register and destroy itself (three tablets arranged horizontally, can be seen on the third row down).
artifracturebug_by_littlefiredragon-dbkdrhp.png

Given the events that had occurred, I believe that one of the following happened:
  1. I hit a score cap. This seems unlikely. As a programmer, I recognize that 150000 is not a natural number for a computer to stop at, so I doubt I overloaded a variable. However, it's possible that a hard cap to the score was programmed in.
  2. Clicking the artifact during a combo chain messed things up. I also doubt this one, since I have accidentally clicked things during a chain before and I never saw this happen. However, I think the artifact I clicked may have been one of the tablets in that unregistered combo, so perhaps that threw the system.
  3. I managed to chain more combos than the game was prepared to handle. This seems especially likely since it froze after registering a combo and then failed to register the next one.

Clearly, I am just too good at shuffling trilobites. :P
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png