Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Dragon Tropes [FREE - PINGLIST]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Generation If it's not a problem could you do Hera? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30592759] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305928/30592759_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Generation If it's not a problem could you do Hera?

30592759_350.png
h1d7LhT.png
@generation These look super fun aaaaa! Could you do one for my lil Spiral here? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30351909] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303520/30351909_350.png[/img] [/url]
@generation
These look super fun aaaaa!
Could you do one for my lil Spiral here?

30351909_350.png
List updated! I will work more on them tomorrow!
List updated! I will work more on them tomorrow!
i've known you for forever and a day . . .
@Malafunfun. I had so much fun with this girl; she's such a pleasure. [quote=Auralis] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24553862] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/245539/24553862_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Trope:[/b] I was torn between the "bratty teenage girl" trope and the "kickbutt princess" trope, but I ultimately ended up going with the "kickbutt princess" one because she looks less bratty and more like she isn't scared of a single thing. While this girl knows all the classic princess stuff, like how to dress fashionably, how to knit and sow, her words are thought-out and grammatically correct and her fingers are nimble - she's not just any pushover princess, and definitely not a damsel in distress. She is gorgeous and graceful, she can dress fashionably but her clothes are also practical, her sewing and knitting is to fix any damages that she attains to her clothes while saving herself, good words work wonders when she's working for diplomacy for her kingdom, and nimble fingers are all the better for swinging her own sword when the times comes for that sort of stuff. She doesn't need a prince to protect her, and her knights are loyal to her and follow her every command - but she leads them from the front, not from a throne. She doesn't need their protection, as she is quite likely the most dangerous person in the castle. After all, a rose is bound to have thorns, right? [/quote]
@Malafunfun. I had so much fun with this girl; she's such a pleasure.

Auralis wrote:

24553862_350.png

Trope: I was torn between the "bratty teenage girl" trope and the "kickbutt princess" trope, but I ultimately ended up going with the "kickbutt princess" one because she looks less bratty and more like she isn't scared of a single thing. While this girl knows all the classic princess stuff, like how to dress fashionably, how to knit and sow, her words are thought-out and grammatically correct and her fingers are nimble - she's not just any pushover princess, and definitely not a damsel in distress. She is gorgeous and graceful, she can dress fashionably but her clothes are also practical, her sewing and knitting is to fix any damages that she attains to her clothes while saving herself, good words work wonders when she's working for diplomacy for her kingdom, and nimble fingers are all the better for swinging her own sword when the times comes for that sort of stuff. She doesn't need a prince to protect her, and her knights are loyal to her and follow her every command - but she leads them from the front, not from a throne. She doesn't need their protection, as she is quite likely the most dangerous person in the castle. After all, a rose is bound to have thorns, right?
@Generation omg this is so cool XD

It's soooo interesting which impression she gave you! I must admit tho that i would love to read the "bratty" counterpart looool!

May i ask if i can show you another of my dragons?
@Generation omg this is so cool XD

It's soooo interesting which impression she gave you! I must admit tho that i would love to read the "bratty" counterpart looool!

May i ask if i can show you another of my dragons?
Visit my accent shop HERE! & Adoptable Interest Check HERE!
@Malafunfun. Haha, sure! I can write up the bratty counterpart for her too if you'd like, when I do your second dragon.
@Malafunfun. Haha, sure! I can write up the bratty counterpart for her too if you'd like, when I do your second dragon.
@Generation loool that would be so cool! Here is the second....Mitri! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18513941] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185140/18513941_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Generation loool that would be so cool!

Here is the second....Mitri!

18513941_350.png

Visit my accent shop HERE! & Adoptable Interest Check HERE!
@Holtzmann. Here is your dear Monarchy! She was extremely easy to do - I knew exactly which tropes I wanted for her as soon as I saw her. It's the apparel. [center][quote=Monarchy] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26513605] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/265137/26513605_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Trope: [/b]Monarchy reminded me of either the "Black Magic Summoner" trope or the "Chief's Daughter" trope, so I combined them. Monarchy is elegant, composed, graceful, beautiful in a dark, foreboding and yet enchanting way, and - let us not forget the most important part - she is [b][u]powerful[/u][/b]. Not only does she exude authority, and has claim to the throne through her royal bloodline - being the chief's daughter and all -, but she also happens to be one of the most powerful ladies around. From a clan of the most feared and powerful dark magic practicing summoners, Monarchy possesses enough magic to level a castle. Though weaker at close-combat battles, Monarchy can unleash enough destructive black magic to obliterate a battlefield, can wake up restless spirits to plague her enemies or gather information from, draw upon poisons and nightmarish realms to heal her comrades, and summon hell-companions to do her bidding (like hellhounds, but not only dogs - any violently murdered animal). Having learned not only from the best teachers around, her father the chief of her clan and head summoner, and her mother the war enchantress - Monarchy also learned her craft from generations of deceased summoners, witch doctors, and black magic practitioners that she has summoned at her will. She is a force to be reckoned with, and she knows it too. [/quote][/center]
@Holtzmann. Here is your dear Monarchy! She was extremely easy to do - I knew exactly which tropes I wanted for her as soon as I saw her. It's the apparel.

Monarchy wrote:

26513605_350.png

Trope: Monarchy reminded me of either the "Black Magic Summoner" trope or the "Chief's Daughter" trope, so I combined them. Monarchy is elegant, composed, graceful, beautiful in a dark, foreboding and yet enchanting way, and - let us not forget the most important part - she is powerful. Not only does she exude authority, and has claim to the throne through her royal bloodline - being the chief's daughter and all -, but she also happens to be one of the most powerful ladies around. From a clan of the most feared and powerful dark magic practicing summoners, Monarchy possesses enough magic to level a castle. Though weaker at close-combat battles, Monarchy can unleash enough destructive black magic to obliterate a battlefield, can wake up restless spirits to plague her enemies or gather information from, draw upon poisons and nightmarish realms to heal her comrades, and summon hell-companions to do her bidding (like hellhounds, but not only dogs - any violently murdered animal). Having learned not only from the best teachers around, her father the chief of her clan and head summoner, and her mother the war enchantress - Monarchy also learned her craft from generations of deceased summoners, witch doctors, and black magic practitioners that she has summoned at her will. She is a force to be reckoned with, and she knows it too.
@Moxitoxis. Can I just comment that your girl is absolutely stunning? Something about that purple and red color <3 [center][quote=Radium] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=131966] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1320/131966_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Trope:[/b] Because of her cry/butterfly genes that make her look shiny, and the skin, she reminds me so much of the "Robot Girl" or the "Cyborg" trope. She is not necessarily completely mechanical, but at least has some mechanical parts to her; created in part by a metalworker or a forger (think Hephaestus from Greek Mythology) and a scientist or inventor. Due to the skin it also kind of looks like she is wearing armor, so she fits in with the robot-protector-girl stereotype; a robotic girl (or dragon in this case) created by someone or something with the purpose of protecting something else. Though initially created emotionless - as machines are - the "robot girl" trope always ends up developing emotions throughout the story: going from not having emotions or no simulated programming for emotions, to overriding or updating their internal mechanics to include the emotions that they perceive around them until those simulations become their own true emotions. [/quote][/center]
@Moxitoxis. Can I just comment that your girl is absolutely stunning? Something about that purple and red color <3

Radium wrote:

131966_350.png

Trope: Because of her cry/butterfly genes that make her look shiny, and the skin, she reminds me so much of the "Robot Girl" or the "Cyborg" trope. She is not necessarily completely mechanical, but at least has some mechanical parts to her; created in part by a metalworker or a forger (think Hephaestus from Greek Mythology) and a scientist or inventor. Due to the skin it also kind of looks like she is wearing armor, so she fits in with the robot-protector-girl stereotype; a robotic girl (or dragon in this case) created by someone or something with the purpose of protecting something else. Though initially created emotionless - as machines are - the "robot girl" trope always ends up developing emotions throughout the story: going from not having emotions or no simulated programming for emotions, to overriding or updating their internal mechanics to include the emotions that they perceive around them until those simulations become their own true emotions.
@MeraHunt. Gorgeous boy; I think his apparel and the dark colors sealed his fate for this one! [center][quote=Selakiir] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=15&breed=4&element=2&gender=0&tert=11&tertgene=6&winggene=1&wings=112&auth=ffd5e835a29761e6020327813a92f2fe4b8ec80c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Trope:[/b] The turncoat. The turncoat is a character who switches sides, from good to bad, during a pivotal moment - and can often end up being the deciding factor for which side wins, bringing with him a wealth of knowledge, information from his previous side, and useful skills that his new side previously did not have, along with some interesting ethics and practices that his new side never would have thought to use. I see Selakiir as a sort of veteran assassin who has worked for the "bad" or "evil" side ever since his younger, teenage years, brought up in assassin life. Due to such, he would possess a wealth of unique and developed abilities and knowledge that most other assassins do not have - and he is one of the most infamous ones alive (well, still alive, as most do not live as long as he does, but nobody has been skilled enough to kill him yet). Yet, throughout all his years of working for evil, he has always known that it would never win - they just paid better than the good. However, at one point there would be a huge plot where it dawns on Selakiir than evil will win this time if he doesn't intervene - and so he switches sides, probably killing the man who hired him and bringing all of the information for the evil's plans to the good side. He'd be seen as a turncoat, as untrustworthy and with shady ethics, but he would stay true to his own ethics in the end - to offer his skills for payment, but not to tip the scales so far into evil that evil wins. After all, he just wants to get paid - not see the world go to crap. [/quote] [/center]
@MeraHunt. Gorgeous boy; I think his apparel and the dark colors sealed his fate for this one!

Selakiir wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=15&breed=4&element=2&gender=0&tert=11&tertgene=6&winggene=1&wings=112&auth=ffd5e835a29761e6020327813a92f2fe4b8ec80c&dummyext=prev.png
Trope: The turncoat. The turncoat is a character who switches sides, from good to bad, during a pivotal moment - and can often end up being the deciding factor for which side wins, bringing with him a wealth of knowledge, information from his previous side, and useful skills that his new side previously did not have, along with some interesting ethics and practices that his new side never would have thought to use. I see Selakiir as a sort of veteran assassin who has worked for the "bad" or "evil" side ever since his younger, teenage years, brought up in assassin life. Due to such, he would possess a wealth of unique and developed abilities and knowledge that most other assassins do not have - and he is one of the most infamous ones alive (well, still alive, as most do not live as long as he does, but nobody has been skilled enough to kill him yet). Yet, throughout all his years of working for evil, he has always known that it would never win - they just paid better than the good. However, at one point there would be a huge plot where it dawns on Selakiir than evil will win this time if he doesn't intervene - and so he switches sides, probably killing the man who hired him and bringing all of the information for the evil's plans to the good side. He'd be seen as a turncoat, as untrustworthy and with shady ethics, but he would stay true to his own ethics in the end - to offer his skills for payment, but not to tip the scales so far into evil that evil wins. After all, he just wants to get paid - not see the world go to crap.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8