Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Ink Blots - A Lore Shop [CLOSED]
1 2 3
[center][size=7]Open | [i]Closed[/i] | Full[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=267835] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2679/267835_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] “Good afternoon.” The delicate fae spoke with emotional inflection that was rarely seen in her species as she gestured for the newcomer to make themselves comfortable, but she waited until they’d done just that to speak again. “Welcome to the Sidian Weyr, and my stacks.” Selene indicated the shelves of leather bound tomes and scrolls that lined the walls of her growing library, and her frills twitched with a hint of pride before turning her attention back to the waiting dragon. “As I understand it, you’re in search of lore - though, whether biographical or fiction has yet to flow through the grapevine. Perhaps you’d care to fill me in?” she asked, and tilted her head a little with the request. “I will, of course, require honesty in order to work to the best of my abilities … but I trust you’ll be satisfied with the results. Let us begin, shall we?” ----- [center][size=5]Rules[/size][/center] 1. Politeness is key, both to the artist and other commissioners. 2. If you would like to order something, please fill out the form. 2.1. Order size limits: - No more than (3) dragons per order for ~500 word commissions. - (1) dragon per order of ~1000 word commissions. 2.2. I reserve the right to turn down any commission for any reason. 3. Please do not remove creator credit from your purchase, as that is plagiarism. 4. Please have patience. I both work and attend university, so orders may take a little while. 5. You’re welcome to post for a rain-check to see how your commission is coming if I haven’t updated the status of the thread. If you feel that it’s taking too long, you’re welcome to ask for refund. 6. Ping me when you place an order. 7. If you would like to be added to the long-term pinglist, please let me know. ----- [center][size=5]Queue[/size][/center] 1. Short Story for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=204929]Nyx4's[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18665680]StealthyDraik[/url]. 700-800 words. 2. --- 3. --- [center][size=5]Waiting List[/size][/center] 1. --- 2. --- 3. --- ----- [center][size=5]Completed Orders[/size][/center] [columns]Bios [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=197233&tab=dragon&did=19740719]Smyntus[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18701894]Mister Violet[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18668963]Jurokotus[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=197233&tab=dragon&did=19316145]Basalt[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=57650&tab=dragon&did=8051909]Protector[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=228319&tab=dragon&did=21706981]Prismatic[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=228319&tab=dragon&did=21137149]Foolsgold[/url] [nextcol] "Rumor Has It" Bios N/A [nextcol]Linked Bios N/A[/columns] [columns]Clan Lore N/A [nextcol]Journal Entries N/A [/columns] [columns]Familiar Tales N/A [nextcol]Flash Fiction N/A [nextcol]Short Stories N/A[/columns]
Open | Closed | Full

267835_350.png

“Good afternoon.” The delicate fae spoke with emotional inflection that was rarely seen in her species as she gestured for the newcomer to make themselves comfortable, but she waited until they’d done just that to speak again. “Welcome to the Sidian Weyr, and my stacks.” Selene indicated the shelves of leather bound tomes and scrolls that lined the walls of her growing library, and her frills twitched with a hint of pride before turning her attention back to the waiting dragon.

“As I understand it, you’re in search of lore - though, whether biographical or fiction has yet to flow through the grapevine. Perhaps you’d care to fill me in?” she asked, and tilted her head a little with the request. “I will, of course, require honesty in order to work to the best of my abilities … but I trust you’ll be satisfied with the results. Let us begin, shall we?”

Rules

1. Politeness is key, both to the artist and other commissioners.
2. If you would like to order something, please fill out the form.
2.1. Order size limits:
- No more than (3) dragons per order for ~500 word commissions.
- (1) dragon per order of ~1000 word commissions.
2.2. I reserve the right to turn down any commission for any reason.
3. Please do not remove creator credit from your purchase, as that is plagiarism.
4. Please have patience. I both work and attend university, so orders may take a little while.
5. You’re welcome to post for a rain-check to see how your commission is coming if I haven’t updated the status of the thread. If you feel that it’s taking too long, you’re welcome to ask for refund.
6. Ping me when you place an order.
7. If you would like to be added to the long-term pinglist, please let me know.

Queue

1. Short Story for Nyx4's StealthyDraik. 700-800 words.
2. ---
3. ---

Waiting List

1. ---
2. ---
3. ---

Completed Orders
Bios
Smyntus
Mister Violet
Jurokotus
Basalt
Protector
Prismatic
Foolsgold
"Rumor Has It" Bios
N/A
Linked Bios
N/A
Clan Lore
N/A
Journal Entries
N/A

Familiar Tales
N/A
Flash Fiction
N/A
Short Stories
N/A
+2 FR Time. | eGiN2Xv.png
Lore Masterpost | Tn4TEAZ.png
[center][size=5]Products[/size] [b]Perspectives Offered:[/b] - 3rd - 1st - 2nd [b]Types of Writing Offered:[/b] - Bios. — “Rumor Has It.” — Linked bios. - Journal entries (1st person default). - Clan lore. - Familiar Tales. - Flash Fiction (~200 words). - Short Stories (~800 words). [i]*MOGAI/LBGT+ friendly writer.*[/i] [b]Details:[/b] For the options that aren’t immediately self-evident, I thought I would expand on them. [i]”Rumor Has It”[/i] bios are pieces of writing that focus on the hearsay that surrounds your dragon, and while it may be grounded in fact, confirmation of such is dubious at best. [i]Linked[/i] bios are separate for a reason. I will link any aforementioned dragon in a normal bio, but this type of bio is written to be intertwined with another dragon (or several) and would work best as a package purchase unless you can supply me with the other dragons for reference. [i]Familiar Tales[/i] are exactly what it says on the tin - interaction with your dragon’s familiar in story format. This can be anything from how they met to slice of life, bonding moments, or even how they get along (or don’t). [b]Not offered:[/b] - NSFW. - Non-Flight Rising material. ----- [center][size=5]Examples[/size][/center] Both examples on my dragons are preambles for much larger and much more involved lore, but they’ll work well enough for the purpose of this. [quote=Gisa][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21452012] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/214521/21452012_350.png[/img] [/url] [center][size=4]Gisa[/size] [i]"Treasure" {Sumerian}[/i][/center] ----- [columns] [item=sacridite] [nextcol]A pearlcatcher of whom Jectoma found as a hatchling. He took the young arcanite as his ward, but his gembond could neither be identified as the bite of an onyx cobra nor faulty genetics - for the white gold that grew upon his scales detached, though not without some pain, and began to line Jectoma's coffers. He has grown to accept his fate, and even believe it is his duty to help supply their small clan with what funds he can. His own body trapped him into it, and he is cloistered from the world as Jectoma's literal and metaphorical treasure.[/columns][/quote] Exactly 100 words. 10k bio. [quote=Javiar][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17708856] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/177089/17708856_350.png[/img] [/url] [columns] [item=white king] [item=labradorite] [nextcol] [center][i]"Wizard of the Wastes"[/i][/center] Javiar is many things, but a solid concept to others is not one of them. The sorcerer is rumored to be the "spare heir" of another clan as readily as it is said that he is a bringer of Plague itself, but he neither confirms nor denies the tales built around his title and image. Home is simply where his wandering takes him, and as of the late, that has found him under Machiavelli's claw. Javiar has found that his skills can be applied quite delightfully under the guardian's direction, and has grown curious of where it will take them next. He is, after all, a master illusionist. [nextcol] [item=black king][item=jasper][/columns][/quote] 108 words. 10k “Rumor Has It” bio.
Products

Perspectives Offered:
- 3rd
- 1st
- 2nd

Types of Writing Offered:
- Bios.
— “Rumor Has It.”
— Linked bios.

- Journal entries (1st person default).
- Clan lore.
- Familiar Tales.
- Flash Fiction (~200 words).
- Short Stories (~800 words).

*MOGAI/LBGT+ friendly writer.*

Details:
For the options that aren’t immediately self-evident, I thought I would expand on them.

”Rumor Has It” bios are pieces of writing that focus on the hearsay that surrounds your dragon, and while it may be grounded in fact, confirmation of such is dubious at best.

Linked bios are separate for a reason. I will link any aforementioned dragon in a normal bio, but this type of bio is written to be intertwined with another dragon (or several) and would work best as a package purchase unless you can supply me with the other dragons for reference.

Familiar Tales are exactly what it says on the tin - interaction with your dragon’s familiar in story format. This can be anything from how they met to slice of life, bonding moments, or even how they get along (or don’t).

Not offered:
- NSFW.
- Non-Flight Rising material.

Examples
Both examples on my dragons are preambles for much larger and much more involved lore, but they’ll work well enough for the purpose of this.
Gisa wrote:

21452012_350.png

Gisa
"Treasure"
{Sumerian}

Sacridite A pearlcatcher of whom Jectoma found as a hatchling. He took the young arcanite as his ward, but his gembond could neither be identified as the bite of an onyx cobra nor faulty genetics - for the white gold that grew upon his scales detached, though not without some pain, and began to line Jectoma's coffers. He has grown to accept his fate, and even believe it is his duty to help supply their small clan with what funds he can. His own body trapped him into it, and he is cloistered from the world as Jectoma's literal and metaphorical treasure.
Exactly 100 words. 10k bio.
Javiar wrote:

17708856_350.png

White King Labradorite
"Wizard of the Wastes"

Javiar is many things, but a solid concept to others is not one of them. The sorcerer is rumored to be the "spare heir" of another clan as readily as it is said that he is a bringer of Plague itself, but he neither confirms nor denies the tales built around his title and image. Home is simply where his wandering takes him, and as of the late, that has found him under Machiavelli's claw. Javiar has found that his skills can be applied quite delightfully under the guardian's direction, and has grown curious of where it will take them next. He is, after all, a master illusionist.
Black King Jasper
108 words. 10k “Rumor Has It” bio.
Prices and Exchange Rates

Flat rate of 10k/20g per 100 words.
- Includes basic coding.
- Guidelines: If you were to give me an estimate between ~300-500 words for a commission, and it totaled out at 399 words, it would still only cost 30k/60g.

Gem ratio of 1:500t.
Festival Currency 1:500t.

Mixed payments are optional.
- Fodder dragon (baby is valued at 5k, adult 10k).
- Alchemy supplies (5k each).
- Chests (varies).

Discounts
Newbies (Last Registration Window) - (1) Free bio.
Current Dom Flight - 10% off.

Promotions
- Pending
Prices and Exchange Rates

Flat rate of 10k/20g per 100 words.
- Includes basic coding.
- Guidelines: If you were to give me an estimate between ~300-500 words for a commission, and it totaled out at 399 words, it would still only cost 30k/60g.

Gem ratio of 1:500t.
Festival Currency 1:500t.

Mixed payments are optional.
- Fodder dragon (baby is valued at 5k, adult 10k).
- Alchemy supplies (5k each).
- Chests (varies).

Discounts
Newbies (Last Registration Window) - (1) Free bio.
Current Dom Flight - 10% off.

Promotions
- Pending
[center][size=5]Order Form[/size][/center] [quote][b]Type of Purchase:[/b] See [i]Products.[/i] [b]Dragon(s):[/b] Name and link to their page (or you could supply their BBC code). [b]Perspective:[/b] [b]Pre-existing Lore:[/b] If applicable, include or link. [b]Relevant Information:[/b] Unless I am writing from scratch, the following would work beautifully for accurately portraying your dragons: - Personality notes. - History. - Tics or gestures unique to them. - General speech patterns. - Relationships to other dragons, and the nature of them. - For [b]Familiar Tales[/b], how did they meet? What is their relationship? - Other. Is there anything else I need to know before I start writing? [b]Word Count:[/b] How long would you like this piece to be? Will this be an estimate or is it a hard limitation? [b]Payment:[/b] See [i]Pricing.[/i][/quote] [code]@SeleneHime [b]Type of Purchase:[/b] [b]Dragon(s):[/b] [b]Perspective:[b] [b]Pre-existing Lore:[/b] [b]Relevant Information:[/b] [b]Word Count:[/b] [b]Payment:[/b] [/code] ----- [center][size=5]Q & A[/size][/center] [i]10k per 100 words? Isn’t that a little pricey?[/i] Not really, since you can earn that in about ten minutes on Fairgrounds. Something to also keep in mind that writing is a skill and takes time, and both should be valued. [i]How long have you been writing?[/i] Roughly a decade. I write novels on the side of work and school, and am working on coauthoring a dark science-fantasy series with a friend in the meantime. [i]How long will my order take?[/i] Depending on my current life situation, anywhere from 1-7 days. It may be done within a few hours after I process your commission, but because of life obligations and my health, I would rather give the extra time as an estimate. * [b]Short Stories[/b] and [b]Familiar Tales[/b] will have a grace period of 14-21 days depending on length, as I'm particular about story structure and like to hammer out plots beforehand, especially if I'm working from scratch. ----- [center][size=5]Pinglist[/size] If you wish to be added, let me know. [b]Available Order Slots[/b] @Cngx @AlienEilish[/center]
Order Form
Quote:
Type of Purchase: See Products.

Dragon(s): Name and link to their page (or you could supply their BBC code).

Perspective:

Pre-existing Lore: If applicable, include or link.

Relevant Information: Unless I am writing from scratch, the following would work beautifully for accurately portraying your dragons:
- Personality notes.
- History.
- Tics or gestures unique to them.
- General speech patterns.
- Relationships to other dragons, and the nature of them.
- For Familiar Tales, how did they meet? What is their relationship?
- Other. Is there anything else I need to know before I start writing?

Word Count: How long would you like this piece to be? Will this be an estimate or is it a hard limitation?

Payment: See Pricing.

Code:
@SeleneHime [b]Type of Purchase:[/b] [b]Dragon(s):[/b] [b]Perspective:[b] [b]Pre-existing Lore:[/b] [b]Relevant Information:[/b] [b]Word Count:[/b] [b]Payment:[/b]

Q & A

10k per 100 words? Isn’t that a little pricey?
Not really, since you can earn that in about ten minutes on Fairgrounds. Something to also keep in mind that writing is a skill and takes time, and both should be valued.

How long have you been writing?
Roughly a decade. I write novels on the side of work and school, and am working on coauthoring a dark science-fantasy series with a friend in the meantime.

How long will my order take?
Depending on my current life situation, anywhere from 1-7 days. It may be done within a few hours after I process your commission, but because of life obligations and my health, I would rather give the extra time as an estimate.

* Short Stories and Familiar Tales will have a grace period of 14-21 days depending on length, as I'm particular about story structure and like to hammer out plots beforehand, especially if I'm working from scratch.

Pinglist

If you wish to be added, let me know.

Available Order Slots
@Cngx
@AlienEilish
And we are open for business. ^^
And we are open for business. ^^
@SeleneHime I would like a short story about this stealthy dragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18665680] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/186657/18665680_350.png[/img] [/url] 700-800 words for 75k? I just require it have a climax and conclusion.
@SeleneHime I would like a short story about this stealthy dragon

18665680_350.png

700-800 words for 75k?

I just require it have a climax and conclusion.
@Nix4 - I could definitely do this, but I'd like a few more details. Will there be any other dragons included from your lair as secondary characters? (If so, it would help so I can find their bios for reference.) Do you envision him as having a specific speech pattern, such as eloquent, straight to the point, et cetera?

Also, I won't be able to start until Monday because I have a few school project deadlines in the next two days. Is that all right?

EDIT: Filling out the order form in the last post should also give you a basic idea of the information that I need.
@Nix4 - I could definitely do this, but I'd like a few more details. Will there be any other dragons included from your lair as secondary characters? (If so, it would help so I can find their bios for reference.) Do you envision him as having a specific speech pattern, such as eloquent, straight to the point, et cetera?

Also, I won't be able to start until Monday because I have a few school project deadlines in the next two days. Is that all right?

EDIT: Filling out the order form in the last post should also give you a basic idea of the information that I need.
@SeleneHime ok let me think on those things a little and i will get back to you
@SeleneHime ok let me think on those things a little and i will get back to you
@Nix4 - Excellent! Ping me when you're ready, please. ^^
@Nix4 - Excellent! Ping me when you're ready, please. ^^
@SeleneHime
May I please snag a spot on the waiting list? :) Also, I have all the info already, do you want me to give it to you now or wait til I snag a real slot?
@SeleneHime
May I please snag a spot on the waiting list? :) Also, I have all the info already, do you want me to give it to you now or wait til I snag a real slot?
1 2 3