Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 86 87
My only concern / critique / feedback / suggestion, as someone who just had a tornado come through my area that wiped out my internet for two whole weeks - is it possible that the time limit could be extended to two weeks instead of just one? A lot can happen in a single week that might prevent someone from being able to get online. I feel like two weeks would be a lot more fair / notice / head's up.

Otherwise I think this is a pretty good idea / way to make the server less taxing, especially considering not everyone's going to collect their gift from Galore at the same time. It makes distributing items out to everyone a lot easier since not everyone's going to be flooding the servers at the same time to get their gift. ;o;
My only concern / critique / feedback / suggestion, as someone who just had a tornado come through my area that wiped out my internet for two whole weeks - is it possible that the time limit could be extended to two weeks instead of just one? A lot can happen in a single week that might prevent someone from being able to get online. I feel like two weeks would be a lot more fair / notice / head's up.

Otherwise I think this is a pretty good idea / way to make the server less taxing, especially considering not everyone's going to collect their gift from Galore at the same time. It makes distributing items out to everyone a lot easier since not everyone's going to be flooding the servers at the same time to get their gift. ;o;
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
Galore is a great idea! I wanted to add, I'm so glad you don't close inactive accounts. I go on hiatus (for various reasons) and then come back, it's always nice to know I can come back. The memories are nice. :)
Galore is a great idea! I wanted to add, I'm so glad you don't close inactive accounts. I go on hiatus (for various reasons) and then come back, it's always nice to know I can come back. The memories are nice. :)
So...hecc the players who take long breaks and then come back I guess? I took like a year long break from FR for ~reasons~ and I'd be pretty bummed out to come back and find that I missed out on a bunch of stuff.
So...hecc the players who take long breaks and then come back I guess? I took like a year long break from FR for ~reasons~ and I'd be pretty bummed out to come back and find that I missed out on a bunch of stuff.
I think this is a fine compromise. Looking forward to Gilmore's Glorious Goods. No... wait...
I think this is a fine compromise. Looking forward to Gilmore's Glorious Goods. No... wait...
That dragon sure is pretty!
That dragon sure is pretty!
w33CcwM.pngEfr5bPb.pngv2WpsKj.pngoNi4OTA.png8r7mgXQ.png
I love Galore as much as everyone else, so glorious! (Surely inspiration was taken from Critical Role! Now I’m terribly curious, ha.)

I don’t mind the prospect of missing out on Galore’s gift giving week. Just like with the elemental holidays, sometimes life happens, and the Auction House usually serves well enough. It’s only a game! And games need stakes, to be honest. These aren’t pay-to-win items being introduced here. Besides, missing Aprils fools as it is will leave you with an item you may not prefer, so seven whole days doesn’t seem like a downgrade to me at all.
I love Galore as much as everyone else, so glorious! (Surely inspiration was taken from Critical Role! Now I’m terribly curious, ha.)

I don’t mind the prospect of missing out on Galore’s gift giving week. Just like with the elemental holidays, sometimes life happens, and the Auction House usually serves well enough. It’s only a game! And games need stakes, to be honest. These aren’t pay-to-win items being introduced here. Besides, missing Aprils fools as it is will leave you with an item you may not prefer, so seven whole days doesn’t seem like a downgrade to me at all.
tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png
Galore is a really gorgeous guardian. I am interested in this dev update and I like that you are taking these things into consideration.
I do have a concern about the 7-day limit, though. I have chronic illnesses that sometimes prevent me from using computers for periods anywhere from a few hours, days, months and beyond, even if I want desperately to be online that moment.
I struggle to play any games that are 3D or have 2D art with parallax and because of this and FR has been one of the few games I can consistently play when I am able to. (If I could play more, I would! I just recognize my personal limitations. I've pushed myself before and it's come back to bite me, and it's not worth it when it makes it so I'm unable to play for longer periods.)
I am sure that I am not alone in being wary of enforced time limits due to my own limitations, and I would be really keen on figuring out an alternate manner of handling this with feedback from the players who may be in situations similar to mine.
Wishing the best to the dev team, as I'm sure this is a mental puzzle you've been working on a while. Also, on a more light-hearted note the title of "Mini-dev update" just made me think that there was an unfortunate incident with a shrink-ray or something and now all the dev team is very smol versions of their avatars, lol.
Anyway, I'm keen to see how this progresses.
Galore is a really gorgeous guardian. I am interested in this dev update and I like that you are taking these things into consideration.
I do have a concern about the 7-day limit, though. I have chronic illnesses that sometimes prevent me from using computers for periods anywhere from a few hours, days, months and beyond, even if I want desperately to be online that moment.
I struggle to play any games that are 3D or have 2D art with parallax and because of this and FR has been one of the few games I can consistently play when I am able to. (If I could play more, I would! I just recognize my personal limitations. I've pushed myself before and it's come back to bite me, and it's not worth it when it makes it so I'm unable to play for longer periods.)
I am sure that I am not alone in being wary of enforced time limits due to my own limitations, and I would be really keen on figuring out an alternate manner of handling this with feedback from the players who may be in situations similar to mine.
Wishing the best to the dev team, as I'm sure this is a mental puzzle you've been working on a while. Also, on a more light-hearted note the title of "Mini-dev update" just made me think that there was an unfortunate incident with a shrink-ray or something and now all the dev team is very smol versions of their avatars, lol.
Anyway, I'm keen to see how this progresses.
FR +2
she/they sidhe/fae
I think this is an awesome update! I do however think one week is a tad short, perhaps 2 weeks? A month is excessive, which I totally understand, but I think a single week might be a bit short.
I think this is an awesome update! I do however think one week is a tad short, perhaps 2 weeks? A month is excessive, which I totally understand, but I think a single week might be a bit short.
oof, Galore is a gorgeous design, and I understand wanting to lessen the strain on the system/employees, but I gotta agree with other comments saying a week might be too short
oof, Galore is a gorgeous design, and I understand wanting to lessen the strain on the system/employees, but I gotta agree with other comments saying a week might be too short
prev UNs are SpaceCrows, Zephariel, and Dramaturgy | FR+3
LOVE Galore's design!!

I personally think a week is plenty, but I understand other player's reticence and wish to extend it by a few days.
LOVE Galore's design!!

I personally think a week is plenty, but I understand other player's reticence and wish to extend it by a few days.
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 86 87