Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 152 153 154 155 156 ... 158 159
Oh wow, I can't wait to see what the new Ancient Breeds will look like. I need to start saving up some treasure and gems for sure. Time to finish those commissions.
Oh wow, I can't wait to see what the new Ancient Breeds will look like. I need to start saving up some treasure and gems for sure. Time to finish those commissions.
gvQdifp.png · FR+2
· Artist & Lore Writer
· They/Them
· ♥Taken♥
leaves_by_lizziecat1279-d9luwyz.png · FREE EGGS
Nature Thread!
tumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif
agreed they need to take it slow also the idea of genetics that causes the horns to grow sounds so cool just so happy I could cry with joy
agreed they need to take it slow also the idea of genetics that causes the horns to grow sounds so cool just so happy I could cry with joy
Man I am so excited to see where you all go with this, I can already feel the creative sparks churning in the minds of everyone! Keep up the great work!
Man I am so excited to see where you all go with this, I can already feel the creative sparks churning in the minds of everyone! Keep up the great work!
tumblr_n9yaxujgHy1tfzajgo1_500.png
yup
yup
Just got back from a hiatus to see this magnificent update...I'm a bit late to the bandwagon but woot! Super excited! I LOVE the ancient breeds concept!
Just got back from a hiatus to see this magnificent update...I'm a bit late to the bandwagon but woot! Super excited! I LOVE the ancient breeds concept!
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
My brain just informed me that 'multiple heads' could mean 'Emperor'
Please.
My brain just informed me that 'multiple heads' could mean 'Emperor'
Please.
Thanks for the info! Excited for future events and releases :D
Thanks for the info! Excited for future events and releases :D
When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you can't eat money. - Alanis Obomsawin
[quote name="tmplr" date="2019-04-21 14:35:39" ] Not sure about others but personally I'm super excited that ancients cannot wear apparel. I mean, the idea of some sub-deity made of pure magic WEARING PANTS sorta kills the whole concept, doesn't it. So everything i've read so far sounds 100% great to me. [/quote] I agree, it would be pretty weird if ancient/sub-deity beings wore casual clothing lol
tmplr wrote on 2019-04-21 14:35:39:

Not sure about others but personally I'm super excited that ancients cannot wear apparel. I mean, the idea of some sub-deity made of pure magic WEARING PANTS sorta kills the whole concept, doesn't it. So everything i've read so far sounds 100% great to me.
I agree, it would be pretty weird if ancient/sub-deity beings wore casual clothing lol
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
Hopefully they're not too expensive, like the modern breed scrolls. But I'll be racking up money soon, so money won't be much of an issue.

And hopefully the ancient dragons can bond with familiars. Too bad they can't be inter-bred like modern dragons...
Hopefully they're not too expensive, like the modern breed scrolls. But I'll be racking up money soon, so money won't be much of an issue.

And hopefully the ancient dragons can bond with familiars. Too bad they can't be inter-bred like modern dragons...
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
[quote name="Lilian" date="2019-04-18 16:49:33" ] [quote name="DemonicDuchess" date="2019-04-18 15:54:21" ] I said this on my blog and I'm going to say it here too: Quote: This development is worthy of complaining about because, imo, this is just going to add to complications. Their answer to the backlog is to start from scratch, with breeds that are incompatible with current ones, that have their own genes that can’t be used on the current ones; eventually they’ll run into this very same problem except now have quadruple the workload when it comes to integrating both of them (and you know they’re going to.) This decision is just... bad all around. They should focus on fixing the game first instead of applying new window dressing that’ll just end up being as big of a problem as the current one is now. Seriously, this feels like they’re splitting the fanbase with a sequel game they’re too scared to make its own thing. This is bad. [/quote] @/DemonicDuchess Oh that's a very good point. I've already voiced my issues with it, but I hadn't considered this. It shows how this is an idea that sounds cool on the surface, but once you go deeper into it the whole concept collapses on itself and worsens something it was supposed to improve... judging from how badly the staff seems to struggle with [i]planning[/i] a new feature properly before implementing it, I wouldn't be surprised if this idea hasn't properly been discussed in depth yet and they simply jumped on it head first... ugh I really hope that's not the case. [/quote] Even though it's about a week after your post, I have to say that planning doesn't always happen on the site. Like any other website, the owners, moderators, etc. (staff in general) plan things within their office(s) and execute them whenever possible. To be honest, no one currently knows the amount of work they've done so far. But let's wait for the next update, first. I know they have many fixes to make, but try reminding them about them in case if they forget, before releasing the first ancient breed this June.
Lilian wrote on 2019-04-18 16:49:33:
DemonicDuchess wrote on 2019-04-18 15:54:21:
I said this on my blog and I'm going to say it here too:

Quote:
This development is worthy of complaining about because, imo, this is just going to add to complications. Their answer to the backlog is to start from scratch, with breeds that are incompatible with current ones, that have their own genes that can’t be used on the current ones; eventually they’ll run into this very same problem except now have quadruple the workload when it comes to integrating both of them (and you know they’re going to.)

This decision is just... bad all around. They should focus on fixing the game first instead of applying new window dressing that’ll just end up being as big of a problem as the current one is now. Seriously, this feels like they’re splitting the fanbase with a sequel game they’re too scared to make its own thing. This is bad.
@/DemonicDuchess Oh that's a very good point. I've already voiced my issues with it, but I hadn't considered this. It shows how this is an idea that sounds cool on the surface, but once you go deeper into it the whole concept collapses on itself and worsens something it was supposed to improve... judging from how badly the staff seems to struggle with planning a new feature properly before implementing it, I wouldn't be surprised if this idea hasn't properly been discussed in depth yet and they simply jumped on it head first... ugh I really hope that's not the case.
Even though it's about a week after your post, I have to say that planning doesn't always happen on the site. Like any other website, the owners, moderators, etc. (staff in general) plan things within their office(s) and execute them whenever possible.

To be honest, no one currently knows the amount of work they've done so far. But let's wait for the next update, first. I know they have many fixes to make, but try reminding them about them in case if they forget, before releasing the first ancient breed this June.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
1 2 ... 152 153 154 155 156 ... 158 159