Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2019
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55
although i agree with people about how other breeds should be getting recognition, and of course the artists should be getting appreciation for their creativity, it's always nice to pick some entries that do appeal to those who thoroughly, just enjoy the wildclaw and skydancer etc. entries more. personally, i'm one of those people: that doesn't mean i dont appreciate the other artists' creative efforts OR the other breeds, unlike how some people are wording it.
although i agree with people about how other breeds should be getting recognition, and of course the artists should be getting appreciation for their creativity, it's always nice to pick some entries that do appeal to those who thoroughly, just enjoy the wildclaw and skydancer etc. entries more. personally, i'm one of those people: that doesn't mean i dont appreciate the other artists' creative efforts OR the other breeds, unlike how some people are wording it.
tumblr_omgwxtlDCy1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.pngbEvLAND.png100.gif
I’m just happy a mirror skin won. Mirrors don’t get the love they deserve.

I mean I think three Coatl skins/accents is a bit much but hey people that have lots of Coatls should be happy!
I’m just happy a mirror skin won. Mirrors don’t get the love they deserve.

I mean I think three Coatl skins/accents is a bit much but hey people that have lots of Coatls should be happy!
PAo2UkJ.png > Kneph/Worm

> He/They/It

> +3 FR
coolio
coolio
l00ps
Ooo can't wait to see how the other familiars look in this collection :3
Ooo can't wait to see how the other familiars look in this collection :3
grabs popcorn
oh, what a disaster!
grabs popcorn
oh, what a disaster!
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
Hmmm, the more I attempt to make it work, the less I like that weird attunement globe thing. It's clunky, ugly, totally different shade than the rest of the Gala ice apparel (same with the eye reboots, you guys are making Ice too blue like water...), and the art style is quite different than the dragons themselves, so it sticks out like a sore thumb (thinner lines, different shading.) Eh, disappointed with this year. Not into the apparel, the familiars, or the skins (a few nice ones, though), but the halo is nice; so glad is isn't a clunky mess like some of the others. Overall, the most lackluster Gala so far, for me. :( Glad others like it, though ~

edit: Oh wow, lol, I just went and read some of the posts here (did't since the initial start), and seems I have a lot of the same complaints others had. I also wasn't aware of the fact that the one was a WIP! XD But seriously, you should give that artist a chance to finish it since it already won, as it has great potential if you let them. It's like you went "OmG someone did a GaoLER" and just picked it regardless of WIP state. But like most things, you'll let it stagnate and claim you can't change it since people now like this version (even if more prefer it the other way eye update cough cough)... And Frost Thruster is really cool (one of my favorite designs), but those white outlines kinda ruin it - make it look cartoony and slapped on. Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed.
Hmmm, the more I attempt to make it work, the less I like that weird attunement globe thing. It's clunky, ugly, totally different shade than the rest of the Gala ice apparel (same with the eye reboots, you guys are making Ice too blue like water...), and the art style is quite different than the dragons themselves, so it sticks out like a sore thumb (thinner lines, different shading.) Eh, disappointed with this year. Not into the apparel, the familiars, or the skins (a few nice ones, though), but the halo is nice; so glad is isn't a clunky mess like some of the others. Overall, the most lackluster Gala so far, for me. :( Glad others like it, though ~

edit: Oh wow, lol, I just went and read some of the posts here (did't since the initial start), and seems I have a lot of the same complaints others had. I also wasn't aware of the fact that the one was a WIP! XD But seriously, you should give that artist a chance to finish it since it already won, as it has great potential if you let them. It's like you went "OmG someone did a GaoLER" and just picked it regardless of WIP state. But like most things, you'll let it stagnate and claim you can't change it since people now like this version (even if more prefer it the other way eye update cough cough)... And Frost Thruster is really cool (one of my favorite designs), but those white outlines kinda ruin it - make it look cartoony and slapped on. Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
oh. no thank you
oh. no thank you
An artist's name is still incorrect on their accent's attribution and in the list of winners.

Ventuareo should be Ventoaureo

Double checking to see if an artist's name is spelled right takes a few seconds (or a quick copy/paste if it's that hard to spell), and I'd imagine fixing that small error doesn't take two whole days either. It's rather discouraging to artists when little effort is made to properly credit others' work.
An artist's name is still incorrect on their accent's attribution and in the list of winners.

Ventuareo should be Ventoaureo

Double checking to see if an artist's name is spelled right takes a few seconds (or a quick copy/paste if it's that hard to spell), and I'd imagine fixing that small error doesn't take two whole days either. It's rather discouraging to artists when little effort is made to properly credit others' work.
[quote name="bunlux" date="2019-01-28 11:15:13" ] To the people complaining about the lack of WC / SD skins and the surplus of "unpopular" breed skins: okay, but lots of people have been upset about the flip-side of this issue for a long while now. Some people have been wanting skins for those "unpopular" breeds (Tundras, Bogsneaks, Faes, etc.), either because they like / own those breeds, or because they were sick of only "popular" breeds ever winning (WCs, SDs, Coatls, etc.). Not that you can't be disappointed that there were no skins for the breed you like this fest, but complaining that all the ones that did win are for "breeds nobody likes / wants" is discrediting the people who DO like them and reinforcing the stigma that only the "pretty" breeds should (and will) win. There are tons of other skins for those breeds to wear; is it really such a bad thing that the other breeds' slim pickings are getting a little less slim? [/quote]
bunlux wrote on 2019-01-28 11:15:13:
To the people complaining about the lack of WC / SD skins and the surplus of "unpopular" breed skins: okay, but lots of people have been upset about the flip-side of this issue for a long while now.

Some people have been wanting skins for those "unpopular" breeds (Tundras, Bogsneaks, Faes, etc.), either because they like / own those breeds, or because they were sick of only "popular" breeds ever winning (WCs, SDs, Coatls, etc.). Not that you can't be disappointed that there were no skins for the breed you like this fest, but complaining that all the ones that did win are for "breeds nobody likes / wants" is discrediting the people who DO like them and reinforcing the stigma that only the "pretty" breeds should (and will) win. There are tons of other skins for those breeds to wear; is it really such a bad thing that the other breeds' slim pickings are getting a little less slim?
187008e47976df5e48be1a2aaddf54ba4af76fbc.gif
I ain't saying Tundras and Bogsneaks shouldn't get skins, I'm saying it's ludicrous to continuously skip over the rest of the breeds for them.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a good Skydancer skin up for grabs during a festival. Meanwhile there's two or three decent Bogsneak, Tundras or Snappers every single month.

>oh but there's plenty of pretty SD skins on the market
Remember that most of us can't afford to blow 300k on a custom skin. Festivals are my main source of skins.

How hard can it be for the devs to just make sure most of the breeds get featured every month? Hell, that would even solve your problem of skilled artists constantly beating out new ones, because new ones can cut their teeth on breeds they don't draw as much for simply by having a narrower field of competition.
I ain't saying Tundras and Bogsneaks shouldn't get skins, I'm saying it's ludicrous to continuously skip over the rest of the breeds for them.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a good Skydancer skin up for grabs during a festival. Meanwhile there's two or three decent Bogsneak, Tundras or Snappers every single month.

>oh but there's plenty of pretty SD skins on the market
Remember that most of us can't afford to blow 300k on a custom skin. Festivals are my main source of skins.

How hard can it be for the devs to just make sure most of the breeds get featured every month? Hell, that would even solve your problem of skilled artists constantly beating out new ones, because new ones can cut their teeth on breeds they don't draw as much for simply by having a narrower field of competition.
also i sell dragons i guess. with a focus on sparkly ones.
b4qgdah.gif
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55