Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Coliseum Tech Beta
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
A question, apologies if it's been answered I looked through the thread but might have missed it-

1. Will scrolling the party select on mobile be changed? Right now it's an absolute nightmare, half the time while I'm trying to get to the bottom it just...slaps me back up to the top :/ . It's actually easier for me to reorganize my party on my laptop and train on mobile, because my laptop starts screaming if I dare to try and train on it for too long but changing the party works fine.

A question, apologies if it's been answered I looked through the thread but might have missed it-

1. Will scrolling the party select on mobile be changed? Right now it's an absolute nightmare, half the time while I'm trying to get to the bottom it just...slaps me back up to the top :/ . It's actually easier for me to reorganize my party on my laptop and train on mobile, because my laptop starts screaming if I dare to try and train on it for too long but changing the party works fine.

[quote name="sky09" date=2018-01-31 13:31:03] I'm also confused about mentions of a captcha that is going somewhere in the coli? I read the first post twice and I can't find where it says anything about it, but as a former user of another site that implemented captchas in an inconvenient place in the middle of a process that previously did not include them, I [i]hate[/i] having to stop what I'm doing and type in blurry letters that I can't read half the time anyway. Please find an alternate way to achieve this goal that doesn't put the burden on your players to continually stop and jump through hoops to prove that we're real or using the game right, or whatever it is you want to test for. [/quote] [i]wait WHAT[/i] I didn't comment on anything because the point on how [b]terrible[/b] this AGI idea is because everyone has already said it all, and I was only gathering info from all the related discussions (y'now, to lower my hopes for this update, since apparently it's going to be hell; especially for ones like me that haven't even finished their first coli team) so I ignored the captcha thing, thinking it was some background mechanical thing, I didn't associate it with the horrific and intrusive thing that pops out on some sites (and in some cases makes you lose even MORE time because it's the one with the images) Like, are you really going to implement something like that? and for what? annoy players that log in from mobile often to do check ups? only in coli? at each freakin' refresh session? mind you, these pop out a lot on mobile for some reason and are extremely annoying; [i]there is no need to add the stupid captcha thing too.[/i] Just please please don't
sky09 wrote on 2018-01-31:
I'm also confused about mentions of a captcha that is going somewhere in the coli? I read the first post twice and I can't find where it says anything about it, but as a former user of another site that implemented captchas in an inconvenient place in the middle of a process that previously did not include them, I hate having to stop what I'm doing and type in blurry letters that I can't read half the time anyway.

Please find an alternate way to achieve this goal that doesn't put the burden on your players to continually stop and jump through hoops to prove that we're real or using the game right, or whatever it is you want to test for.

wait WHAT

I didn't comment on anything because the point on how terrible this AGI idea is because everyone has already said it all, and I was only gathering info from all the related discussions (y'now, to lower my hopes for this update, since apparently it's going to be hell; especially for ones like me that haven't even finished their first coli team)

so I ignored the captcha thing, thinking it was some background mechanical thing, I didn't associate it with the horrific and intrusive thing that pops out on some sites (and in some cases makes you lose even MORE time because it's the one with the images)
Like, are you really going to implement something like that? and for what? annoy players that log in from mobile often to do check ups? only in coli? at each freakin' refresh session? mind you, these pop out a lot on mobile for some reason and are extremely annoying; there is no need to add the stupid captcha thing too.

Just
please
please don't
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
Alright, look.

I don't play the coli because it's fun. I do it to get items to use or sell, or to train exalt fodder so I can afford to do the actually fun activities, like buying, breeding, and dressing up my dragons. Collecting items. Obtaining familiars. Purchasing art.

If we can no longer make a sufficient amount of money in the coli to effectively enjoy the other aspects of the game, then the option we seem to be pushed towards is purchasing gems. I don't know about other players, but I know that I personally would rather quit the game then depend on actual money to make it worthwhile.

The nice thing about the current coli is that people who can't invest real money into this game have the option to invest time instead. Your time invested is proportional to the amount of resources you can collect. Through these proposed changes to agility, it will take players considerably longer to gather items, whether through crushing dodge rates or reduced damage per hit. It widens the gap between those who can afford to shell out real money and those who can't.

Alright, look.

I don't play the coli because it's fun. I do it to get items to use or sell, or to train exalt fodder so I can afford to do the actually fun activities, like buying, breeding, and dressing up my dragons. Collecting items. Obtaining familiars. Purchasing art.

If we can no longer make a sufficient amount of money in the coli to effectively enjoy the other aspects of the game, then the option we seem to be pushed towards is purchasing gems. I don't know about other players, but I know that I personally would rather quit the game then depend on actual money to make it worthwhile.

The nice thing about the current coli is that people who can't invest real money into this game have the option to invest time instead. Your time invested is proportional to the amount of resources you can collect. Through these proposed changes to agility, it will take players considerably longer to gather items, whether through crushing dodge rates or reduced damage per hit. It widens the gap between those who can afford to shell out real money and those who can't.

tumblr_pnwhemXvkb1s27st2o1_250.png

@Midorikage @sky09 The Capcha is gonna be something like "Click on the Dragon in this picture." Mildly annoying, less so than a bunch of blurry letters. Unfortunately, FR has bots as it is, and releasing keyboard controls without any sort of protection is gonna make it a million times worse.
@Midorikage @sky09 The Capcha is gonna be something like "Click on the Dragon in this picture." Mildly annoying, less so than a bunch of blurry letters. Unfortunately, FR has bots as it is, and releasing keyboard controls without any sort of protection is gonna make it a million times worse.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara

Yeah, but on mobile it's going to be horrible regardless
captchas are bad enough on their own, but on mobile where you can misclick and have to redo it multiple times?
I mean, my concern isn't the coli (I hardly play it on mobile because the page doesn't respond unless it zoom out totally, then it gets hard to see and click however), but the login/refresh page, THAT would simply make it hell, because I get kicked there an insane amount of times

If it isn't anywhere other that the coli, then maybe I can get behind it
@Ridara

Yeah, but on mobile it's going to be horrible regardless
captchas are bad enough on their own, but on mobile where you can misclick and have to redo it multiple times?
I mean, my concern isn't the coli (I hardly play it on mobile because the page doesn't respond unless it zoom out totally, then it gets hard to see and click however), but the login/refresh page, THAT would simply make it hell, because I get kicked there an insane amount of times

If it isn't anywhere other that the coli, then maybe I can get behind it
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
Please see the following thread for an update.
Please see the following thread for an update.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Xhaztol

Please excuse me if I missed the answer to this question.

So it sounds like we are going to be able to save dragon teams and then load them up without having to find them in the dragon list When the New Coli is updated it will be the same as how the Old Coli and Crossroads work. (Dragon in Coli Party = Can not trade dragon)

My question is:

If I have two teams saved

Team 1 composed of dragons A, B, & C.

Team 2 composed of dragons D, E, & F.

Team 1 is currently my team that is up and loaded.

I decide to trade a dragon from team 2, let's go with dragon F, I would be able to trade this dragon with out having to delete it from my saved dragon team because that team is not loaded Correct?

Or would I have to go to the Coli load up Team 2 and delete dragon F from the coli team to trade it?
@Xhaztol

Please excuse me if I missed the answer to this question.

So it sounds like we are going to be able to save dragon teams and then load them up without having to find them in the dragon list When the New Coli is updated it will be the same as how the Old Coli and Crossroads work. (Dragon in Coli Party = Can not trade dragon)

My question is:

If I have two teams saved

Team 1 composed of dragons A, B, & C.

Team 2 composed of dragons D, E, & F.

Team 1 is currently my team that is up and loaded.

I decide to trade a dragon from team 2, let's go with dragon F, I would be able to trade this dragon with out having to delete it from my saved dragon team because that team is not loaded Correct?

Or would I have to go to the Coli load up Team 2 and delete dragon F from the coli team to trade it?
8pUXRV3.pngEypKCgu.png5aTXnyW.pngE4TsE7N.png
tn0RSo5.pngMUYNhfy.png
Question, do we get beta tester things such as boolean if we do this beta testing? I always wanted that visa XD

Question, do we get beta tester things such as boolean if we do this beta testing? I always wanted that visa XD

W2MrFXc.png
Why not just nuke the AGI stat all together, LOL.
Why not just nuke the AGI stat all together, LOL.
I'm happpy about the AGI being put off. H

However I missed previously the whole point of CATPCHA or RECAPTCHA? I understand there are privacy concerns with the CAPTCHA but I don't see the point of having to utilize it at all?

Half the time one can never fully answer correctly the first time around but nevermind that it will slow us down in our activity in the Coli doing it once much less at every round?? *every* round? really????

I wouldn't even dare think of attempting to stay active on the coli on a normal laptop or desktop with all that CAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA, let alone a mobile device. :(

I'm happpy about the AGI being put off. H

However I missed previously the whole point of CATPCHA or RECAPTCHA? I understand there are privacy concerns with the CAPTCHA but I don't see the point of having to utilize it at all?

Half the time one can never fully answer correctly the first time around but nevermind that it will slow us down in our activity in the Coli doing it once much less at every round?? *every* round? really????

I wouldn't even dare think of attempting to stay active on the coli on a normal laptop or desktop with all that CAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA, let alone a mobile device. :(

riVr93C.png (Adoptable kindly provided by Aosagi
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55